× Register Login What's New! Contact us
About Christianity
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
Results 81 to 100 of 114
  1. #1
    Array greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,367
    Threads
    60
    Reputation
    22063
    Rep Power
    47

    About Christianity (OP)


    A recent post made me ponder.. but this is not the best place to ask, being an islamic site and all but I see many Christians in here and ex Christians too!

    What it's essentially about is that in islam, it is basic to have learnt about the 25 prophets. The message is understood via the historical lessons given to man throughout the ages as they collectively progressed in these stories. So for those who accept islam, they are already following the final messenger and they are settled...

    What is not settled is that we know the Jews are still awaiting their final(?) messenger. They rejected Jesus and Muhammad peace be upon them both. Christians rejected Muhammad (pbuh), so are they waiting for a final messenger or have they settled for what is brought to them by the Bible? or: There are no more messengers! Or : Don't know?

    Or am I not clear?



    About Christianity

    As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.

  2. #81
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    Report bad ads?

    Well,never mind the video.

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #82
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    Again and again in the Quran the words appear:
    "But if they stop,you stop as well."
    This is legitimate defence.

  5. #83
    tolpuddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    45
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    116
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    A recent post made me ponder.. but this is not the best place to ask, being an islamic site and all but I see many Christians in here and ex Christians too!

    What it's essentially about is that in islam, it is basic to have learnt about the 25 prophets. The message is understood via the historical lessons given to man throughout the ages as they collectively progressed in these stories. So for those who accept islam, they are already following the final messenger and they are settled...

    What is not settled is that we know the Jews are still awaiting their final(?) messenger. They rejected Jesus and Muhammad peace be upon them both. Christians rejected Muhammad (pbuh), so are they waiting for a final messenger or have they settled for what is brought to them by the Bible? or: There are no more messengers! Or : Don't know?

    Or am I not clear?



    It is Christian belief that prophecy and revelation ended with Jesus Christ and the New Testament.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    Hence why we have 3.... as you said about not recognising prophecy, despite having reference of him.


    We don't, in fact, have reference to Mohammed.

    3 ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    How does ANY of your post affect Christians ? - who don't accept the Koran's authority.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadHamza1 View Post
    The Crucifixion is,with due respect,a disgusting act.
    It was a Pagan practice.
    And my main point is this.
    IT CONTRADICTS THE BELIEFS OF THE FORMER PROPHETS OF TORAH REGARDING ATONEMENT OF SINS.
    It is rejected in The Torah.
    And we have many reasons to reject that JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS.
    It contradicts the sign that Jesus said will be a miracle for the Jews.The sign of Jonah to be precise.
    And also because The New Testament cannot be trusted and taken and quoted as a sufficient source alone.
    Please be critical of Religions.That is the way to understanding.
    I am sure you will agree with me.
    The Crucifixion of Jesus was foretold by prophets of the Torah: e.g. Isaiah 52:6 to 53:12 and Zechariah 12:10.

    What are your "many reasons" to reject Jesus' death on the Cross ?

    The sign of Jonah given to the Jews (and to Christians, for that matter) is of course Jesus' Resurrection from the dead.

    For Christians, the New Testament is alone to be trusted and regarded as sufficient.

    I assure you most sincerely, that I am VERY critical of religions - with the sole exception of Christianity.

  6. #84
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    Then we Should start with the basics.
    1)-How do you explain the great number of similarities between the stories of Jesus in Gospels and the Stories of The Roman Emperor at that time?
    2)-Why were the New Testament written in Greek when Jesus spoke Aramaic?
    And so should his disciples then.
    How could the disciples of Jesus write the Gospels,
    When they were illterate?

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #85
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    "With the sole exception of Christianity"
    That is no way.
    If you consider the Quran,
    It again and again asks you to consider and think and think critically about ITSELF.
    Do you know why?
    Because the truth fears no investigation.

  9. #86
    Islamthetruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: About Christianity

    What are your "many reasons" to reject Jesus' death on the Cross ?
    Simply because Allah' says so

    Quran 4:157
    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-


    Even in the Bible , there are several reasons .

    1. JESUS WAS RELUCTANT TO DIE!He had worked out a strategy of defence to repel the Jews. Because he wantedto remain ALIVE!

    2. HE BESEECHED GOD FOR HELP.With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him ALIVE!

    3. GOD "HEARD" HIS PRAYERSWhich means that God accepted his prayers to keep him ALIVE!

    4. AN ANGEL OF GOD CAME TO STRENGTHEN HIM:In the hope and belief that God will save him ALIVE!

    5. PILATE FINDS JESUS NOT GUILTY!Good reason to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    6. PILATE'S WIFE SHOWN A DREAM IN WHICH SHE WAS TOLD THAT -"No harm should come to this just man." In other words that he should besaved ALIVE!

    7. SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE CROSS FOR ONLY THREE HOURS.According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short atime which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was ALIVE!

    8. THE OTHER TWO - HIS "CROSSMATES" ON THEIR RESPECTIVE CROSSESWERE ALIVE.So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be ALIVE


    9. ENCYCLOPEDIA BIBLICA UNDER ARTICLE "CROSS" - COLUMN 960:Says that when the spear was thrust - Jesus was ALIVE!

    10. "FORTHWITH" CAME THERE OUT BLOOD AND WATER:"Forthwith" means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesuswas ALIVE!

    11. LEGS NOT BROKEN - AS A FULFILMENT OF PROPHECY."Legs" can be of any use only if Jesus was ALIVE!

    12. THUNDERSTORM, EARTHQUAKE, AND DARKENING OF THE SUN ALLWITHIN 3 HOURS!To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his "secret disciples" to help, keep himALIVE!

    13. JEWS DOUBTED HIS DEATH:They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was ALIVE!


    14. PILATE "MARVELS" TO HEAR THAT JESUS WAS DEAD.He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. Hesuspected that Jesus was ALIVE!

    15. BIG ROOMY CHAMBER:Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue.Providence was out to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    16. STONE AND "WINDING SHEETS" HAD TO BE REMOVEDnly necessary if Jesus was ALIVE!

    17. REPORT ON WINDING SHEETS.German Scientists who carried out experiments on the "Shroud of Turin"said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was ALIVE.

    18. EVER IN DISGUISE!Disguise not necessary if Jesus was "resurrected". Only necessary if he wasALIVE!

    19. FORBADE MARY MAGDALENE TO TOUCH HIM."Touch me not" for this reason that it would hurt; because he was ALIVE!

    20. "NOT YET ASCENDED UNTO MY FATHER"In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, "I am notdead yet", in other words, "I am ALIVE!"

    21. MARY MAGDALENE NOT AFRAID ON RECOGNISING JESUS.Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus whowas ALIVE!

    22. DISCIPLES PETRIFIED ON SEEING JESUS IN THE UPPER-ROOM.All their knowledge about the "crucifixion" was from hearsay, therefore, theycould not believe that Jesus was ALIVE!

    23. ATE FOOD AGAIN AND AGAIN IN HIS POST "CRUCIFIXION"APPEARANCES.Food only necessary if he was ALIVE!

    24. NEVER SHOWED HIMSELF TO HIS ENEMIES.Because he had escaped death by the "skin of his teeth". He was ALIVE!

    25. TOOK ONLY SHORT TRIPS.Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualised, but ALIVE!

    26. TESTIMONY OF MEN AROUND THE TOMB:"Why seek ye the living among the dead?" - (Luke 24:4-5): That he is notdead, but ALIVE!

    27. TESTIMONY OF ANGELS:". . . angels who had said that he was ALIVE!" - Luke 24:23. Did not say,"resurrected" but the actual word uttered by the angels was "ALIVE!"

    28. MARY MAGDALENE TESTIFIES -". . . they heard that he was ALIVE, and had been seen by her, they believednot." - (Mark 16:11): Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit ofJesus but a LIVE Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master wasALIVE!

    29. DR. PRIMROSE TESTIFIES:That the "water and the blood", when Jesus was lanced on the side, was onaccount of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves.Which was a sure sign that Jesus was ALIVE!

    30. JESUS HAD HIMSELF FORETOLD THAT HIS MIRACLE WILL BE THEMIRACLE OF JONAH!According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was ALIVE, when we expected him tobe DEAD; similarly when we expect Jesus to be DEAD, he should be ALIVE!



    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

  10. #87
    tolpuddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    45
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    116
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by Islamthetruth View Post


    Simply because Allah' says so

    Quran 4:157
    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-


    Even in the Bible , there are several reasons .

    1. JESUS WAS RELUCTANT TO DIE!He had worked out a strategy of defence to repel the Jews. Because he wantedto remain ALIVE!

    2. HE BESEECHED GOD FOR HELP.With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him ALIVE!

    3. GOD "HEARD" HIS PRAYERSWhich means that God accepted his prayers to keep him ALIVE!

    4. AN ANGEL OF GOD CAME TO STRENGTHEN HIM:In the hope and belief that God will save him ALIVE!

    5. PILATE FINDS JESUS NOT GUILTY!Good reason to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    6. PILATE'S WIFE SHOWN A DREAM IN WHICH SHE WAS TOLD THAT -"No harm should come to this just man." In other words that he should besaved ALIVE!

    7. SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE CROSS FOR ONLY THREE HOURS.According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short atime which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was ALIVE!

    8. THE OTHER TWO - HIS "CROSSMATES" ON THEIR RESPECTIVE CROSSESWERE ALIVE.So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be ALIVE


    9. ENCYCLOPEDIA BIBLICA UNDER ARTICLE "CROSS" - COLUMN 960:Says that when the spear was thrust - Jesus was ALIVE!

    10. "FORTHWITH" CAME THERE OUT BLOOD AND WATER:"Forthwith" means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesuswas ALIVE!

    11. LEGS NOT BROKEN - AS A FULFILMENT OF PROPHECY."Legs" can be of any use only if Jesus was ALIVE!

    12. THUNDERSTORM, EARTHQUAKE, AND DARKENING OF THE SUN ALLWITHIN 3 HOURS!To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his "secret disciples" to help, keep himALIVE!

    13. JEWS DOUBTED HIS DEATH:They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was ALIVE!


    14. PILATE "MARVELS" TO HEAR THAT JESUS WAS DEAD.He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. Hesuspected that Jesus was ALIVE!

    15. BIG ROOMY CHAMBER:Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue.Providence was out to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    16. STONE AND "WINDING SHEETS" HAD TO BE REMOVEDnly necessary if Jesus was ALIVE!

    17. REPORT ON WINDING SHEETS.German Scientists who carried out experiments on the "Shroud of Turin"said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was ALIVE.

    18. EVER IN DISGUISE!Disguise not necessary if Jesus was "resurrected". Only necessary if he wasALIVE!

    19. FORBADE MARY MAGDALENE TO TOUCH HIM."Touch me not" for this reason that it would hurt; because he was ALIVE!

    20. "NOT YET ASCENDED UNTO MY FATHER"In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, "I am notdead yet", in other words, "I am ALIVE!"

    21. MARY MAGDALENE NOT AFRAID ON RECOGNISING JESUS.Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus whowas ALIVE!

    22. DISCIPLES PETRIFIED ON SEEING JESUS IN THE UPPER-ROOM.All their knowledge about the "crucifixion" was from hearsay, therefore, theycould not believe that Jesus was ALIVE!

    23. ATE FOOD AGAIN AND AGAIN IN HIS POST "CRUCIFIXION"APPEARANCES.Food only necessary if he was ALIVE!

    24. NEVER SHOWED HIMSELF TO HIS ENEMIES.Because he had escaped death by the "skin of his teeth". He was ALIVE!

    25. TOOK ONLY SHORT TRIPS.Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualised, but ALIVE!

    26. TESTIMONY OF MEN AROUND THE TOMB:"Why seek ye the living among the dead?" - (Luke 24:4-5): That he is notdead, but ALIVE!

    27. TESTIMONY OF ANGELS:". . . angels who had said that he was ALIVE!" - Luke 24:23. Did not say,"resurrected" but the actual word uttered by the angels was "ALIVE!"

    28. MARY MAGDALENE TESTIFIES -". . . they heard that he was ALIVE, and had been seen by her, they believednot." - (Mark 16:11): Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit ofJesus but a LIVE Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master wasALIVE!

    29. DR. PRIMROSE TESTIFIES:That the "water and the blood", when Jesus was lanced on the side, was onaccount of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves.Which was a sure sign that Jesus was ALIVE!

    30. JESUS HAD HIMSELF FORETOLD THAT HIS MIRACLE WILL BE THEMIRACLE OF JONAH!According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was ALIVE, when we expected him tobe DEAD; similarly when we expect Jesus to be DEAD, he should be ALIVE!



    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    Your quotes from the Koran are irrelevant here, since as a Christian I don't recognise the Koran's authority.

    Jesus was willing to die - but obviously, He didn't WANT to ! In the Garden, in His agony Jesus sweated blood - a known medical condition, which always leads very swiftly to death. His prayer for help was granted and an angel helped Him - otherwise He would have died in the Garden and not lived to be crucified. No wonder Jesus died after only three hours on the cross - only by a direct miracle had He survived the previous night.

    Pilate wished to spare Jesus - but the Jewish leaders, aided by the mob, bullied (and threatened) him into ordering Jesus to be crucified. Pilate's wife said Jesus should (not would) be spared.

    The stone was placed over Jesus' tomb at the insistence of the Jewish leaders (who feared the news of a possible resurrection) - and was rolled away only by an angel. The blood and water that flowed from Jesus' side are found together in some corpses and issue forth from such corpses if they are pierced - in this case, as a fount of Divine Mercy for all human beings of all times.

    The shroud of Turin is controversial from every point of view. The Church doesn't recognise its authority or even that it is Jesus' shroud.

    Points 18 onwards are irrelevant - since Christians believe that Jesus was ALIVE after His Resurrection !

    You and the rest of the Muslim world have yet to produce proof - or even discernible evidence - that Jesus didn't die on the cross.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadHamza1 View Post
    Then we Should start with the basics.
    1)-How do you explain the great number of similarities between the stories of Jesus in Gospels and the Stories of The Roman Emperor at that time?
    2)-Why were the New Testament written in Greek when Jesus spoke Aramaic?
    And so should his disciples then.
    How could the disciples of Jesus write the Gospels,
    When they were illterate?

    There is NO story of a Roman Emperor being crucified (the ultimate disgrace for a Roman), let alone of a crucified Emperor - or any other victim of crucifixion - rising from the dead on the third day.

    The gospels of Matthew and Mark were probably written in Aramaic. The fact there are no surviving Aramaic manuscripts (or similarly old Greek manuscripts) is irrelevant - the early Christians were a hated and persecuted minority.

    Luke spoke Greek as his first language, thus wrote in Greek. The disciples of St John were Greek - hence his gospel is in Greek.

    Matthew was a Levite and tax collector - thus literate, as were many of Jesus' followers (many were born Jews and Jews have always been very literate so as to read the Bible).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadHamza1 View Post
    "With the sole exception of Christianity"
    That is no way.
    If you consider the Quran,
    It again and again asks you to consider and think and think critically about ITSELF.
    Do you know why?
    Because the truth fears no investigation.

    But the Koran demands to be BELIEVED.

    A belief I refuse to give - having browsed in it and read a fair amount about it and Islam.

    For one thing, the Koran contradicts the New Testament; which I DO believe.

  11. #88
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4558
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    901
    Likes (Received)
    663

    Re: About Christianity

    It really makes me sad to conversations between believers in the one and only God degenerate like this. It happens on Christian forums as well. Everyone keeps looking at the differences and insists the other party rectify them. I think it would be more helpful to look at what we have in common and build from there. We all agree that Jesus was alive somehow. Whether God made him alive again or kept him alive. It has occurred to me that God has revealed different pieces of the same picture to different groups of people, maybe in the hopes that we can put our pieces together and make a picture of the whole truth that God was trying to reveal to humanity.
    4 | Likes sister herb, Eric H, Grandad, ardianto liked this post

  12. #89
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,160
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55817
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    6152
    Likes (Received)
    7271

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia View Post
    It really makes me sad to conversations between believers in the one and only God degenerate like this. It happens on Christian forums as well. Everyone keeps looking at the differences and insists the other party rectify them. I think it would be more helpful to look at what we have in common and build from there. We all agree that Jesus was alive somehow. Whether God made him alive again or kept him alive. It has occurred to me that God has revealed different pieces of the same picture to different groups of people, maybe in the hopes that we can put our pieces together and make a picture of the whole truth that God was trying to reveal to humanity.
    I agree. Some sort of discussions usually leads to anywhere but a big arguing.
    About Christianity

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #90
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    190
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1310
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    305
    Likes (Received)
    219

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by tolpuddle View Post
    3) I don't regard Christians who have become Muslims as apostates - if they had ever truly understood Christianity, they would still be Christians.
    Twaddle! I was a Christian for over sixty years (and for around forty of these a Catholic). I have no doubt that my understanding of Christianity is at least as good as yours, and possibly better! Moreover, I know (and knew) a number of former Christians - and have read the works of a great many more - who also knew their religion very well.

    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Grandad; 07-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    About Christianity

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  15. #91
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    190
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1310
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    305
    Likes (Received)
    219

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by tolpuddle View Post
    The "son" of God (God) has existed from the Beginning - thus long before Adam and Eve fell into sin. God is absolutely One and yet, within that Oneness is Threeness, Trinity. Applying a naive human logic to this - as you have tried to do - is in vain; since God is above and beyond human logic..
    Your use of the expression ‘human logic’ is flawed. Logic exists independent of humans.

    If A implies B and B implies C, then A implies C. This truth is universal.

    The law of non-contradiction states that a thing cannot be both A and not-A at one and the same time. This is also a universal truth. Not even God can flout this law. For example, He cannot be both finite and infinite at one and the same time; absolutely immutable and at the same time changeable; omnipotent and at the same time powerless.

    C.S. Lewis writes: ‘(God’s) Omnipotence means power to do all that is intrinsically possible, not to do the intrinsically impossible. You may attribute miracles to Him, but not nonsense. This is no limit to His power. If you choose to say "God can give a creature free will and at the same time withhold free will from it," you have not succeeded in saying anything about God.

    ‘Meaningless combinations of words do not suddenly acquire meaning simply because we prefix to them the two other words "God can."… It is no more possible for God than for the weakest of His creatures to carry out both of two mutually exclusive alternatives; not because His power meets an obstacle, but because nonsense remains nonsense even when we talk it about God.’ (The Problem of Pain).

    When Lewis says that God cannot ‘carry out both of two mutually exclusive alternatives’ he is referring to the law of non-contradiction. He is saying that God cannot do what is logically impossible. And in this he is supported by St Thomas Aquinas, who writes that God cannot create a man who is, at the same time, a donkey; for in the statement that a man is a donkey ‘the predicate is altogether incompatible with the subject.’ (cf. Summa Theologica: Part 1; Question 25; Article 3).

    Concerning your comments in Post 87:

    The works attributed to Mark and Matthew were written in Greek. Both were written decades after the events they describe by men who never met Christ. 'Mark' was written first; followed by 'Matthew'. The author of 'Matthew' drew heavily upon 'Mark' (about 90% of the 'Matthew' Gospel is taken from that book), and amended many details found there.

    The anonymous author of 'Luke' also wrote in Greek, and draws upon both 'Mark' and 'Matthew.' He never met Christ either.

    The anonymous author of 'John' also wrote in Greek. He pays scant attention to the other Gospel writers, and goes his own way. This author draws heavily on Gnostic notions, and for this reason his work had a hard time getting into the Canon. And would you believe it...this author never met Christ either!

    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Grandad; 07-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    About Christianity

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  16. #92
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by Islamthetruth View Post


    Simply because Allah' says so

    Quran 4:157
    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-


    Even in the Bible , there are several reasons .

    1. JESUS WAS RELUCTANT TO DIE!He had worked out a strategy of defence to repel the Jews. Because he wantedto remain ALIVE!

    2. HE BESEECHED GOD FOR HELP.With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him ALIVE!

    3. GOD "HEARD" HIS PRAYERSWhich means that God accepted his prayers to keep him ALIVE!

    4. AN ANGEL OF GOD CAME TO STRENGTHEN HIM:In the hope and belief that God will save him ALIVE!

    5. PILATE FINDS JESUS NOT GUILTY!Good reason to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    6. PILATE'S WIFE SHOWN A DREAM IN WHICH SHE WAS TOLD THAT -"No harm should come to this just man." In other words that he should besaved ALIVE!

    7. SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE CROSS FOR ONLY THREE HOURS.According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short atime which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was ALIVE!

    8. THE OTHER TWO - HIS "CROSSMATES" ON THEIR RESPECTIVE CROSSESWERE ALIVE.So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be ALIVE


    9. ENCYCLOPEDIA BIBLICA UNDER ARTICLE "CROSS" - COLUMN 960:Says that when the spear was thrust - Jesus was ALIVE!

    10. "FORTHWITH" CAME THERE OUT BLOOD AND WATER:"Forthwith" means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesuswas ALIVE!

    11. LEGS NOT BROKEN - AS A FULFILMENT OF PROPHECY."Legs" can be of any use only if Jesus was ALIVE!

    12. THUNDERSTORM, EARTHQUAKE, AND DARKENING OF THE SUN ALLWITHIN 3 HOURS!To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his "secret disciples" to help, keep himALIVE!

    13. JEWS DOUBTED HIS DEATH:They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was ALIVE!


    14. PILATE "MARVELS" TO HEAR THAT JESUS WAS DEAD.He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. Hesuspected that Jesus was ALIVE!

    15. BIG ROOMY CHAMBER:Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue.Providence was out to keep Jesus ALIVE!

    16. STONE AND "WINDING SHEETS" HAD TO BE REMOVEDnly necessary if Jesus was ALIVE!

    17. REPORT ON WINDING SHEETS.German Scientists who carried out experiments on the "Shroud of Turin"said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was ALIVE.

    18. EVER IN DISGUISE!Disguise not necessary if Jesus was "resurrected". Only necessary if he wasALIVE!

    19. FORBADE MARY MAGDALENE TO TOUCH HIM."Touch me not" for this reason that it would hurt; because he was ALIVE!

    20. "NOT YET ASCENDED UNTO MY FATHER"In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, "I am notdead yet", in other words, "I am ALIVE!"

    21. MARY MAGDALENE NOT AFRAID ON RECOGNISING JESUS.Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus whowas ALIVE!

    22. DISCIPLES PETRIFIED ON SEEING JESUS IN THE UPPER-ROOM.All their knowledge about the "crucifixion" was from hearsay, therefore, theycould not believe that Jesus was ALIVE!

    23. ATE FOOD AGAIN AND AGAIN IN HIS POST "CRUCIFIXION"APPEARANCES.Food only necessary if he was ALIVE!

    24. NEVER SHOWED HIMSELF TO HIS ENEMIES.Because he had escaped death by the "skin of his teeth". He was ALIVE!

    25. TOOK ONLY SHORT TRIPS.Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualised, but ALIVE!

    26. TESTIMONY OF MEN AROUND THE TOMB:"Why seek ye the living among the dead?" - (Luke 24:4-5): That he is notdead, but ALIVE!

    27. TESTIMONY OF ANGELS:". . . angels who had said that he was ALIVE!" - Luke 24:23. Did not say,"resurrected" but the actual word uttered by the angels was "ALIVE!"

    28. MARY MAGDALENE TESTIFIES -". . . they heard that he was ALIVE, and had been seen by her, they believednot." - (Mark 16:11): Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit ofJesus but a LIVE Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master wasALIVE!

    29. DR. PRIMROSE TESTIFIES:That the "water and the blood", when Jesus was lanced on the side, was onaccount of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves.Which was a sure sign that Jesus was ALIVE!

    30. JESUS HAD HIMSELF FORETOLD THAT HIS MIRACLE WILL BE THEMIRACLE OF JONAH!According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was ALIVE, when we expected him tobe DEAD; similarly when we expect Jesus to be DEAD, he should be ALIVE!



    That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    Do not worry.
    I am going to present some evidence to him.

  17. #93
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia View Post
    It really makes me sad to conversations between believers in the one and only God degenerate like this. It happens on Christian forums as well. Everyone keeps looking at the differences and insists the other party rectify them. I think it would be more helpful to look at what we have in common and build from there. We all agree that Jesus was alive somehow. Whether God made him alive again or kept him alive. It has occurred to me that God has revealed different pieces of the same picture to different groups of people, maybe in the hopes that we can put our pieces together and make a picture of the whole truth that God was trying to reveal to humanity.
    Your comment has quite the sense of irony.
    You see.
    If you go to any comment section of a Christian Muslim Debate,
    You will find Many Christians literally abusing.
    So blame us not.
    But the Christian present here is straight to point and is morally sound.
    So can you find any bad language from me on his part?
    All I have done is ask him questions.
    And even if he did abuse,I never abuse back.There was a Jew and he was just blaming Islam ignorantly.I humiliated him in such a way,without using abusive words,by debunking his arguments,that he had to delete his comments.
    So I am only asking questions and he is answering rationally.
    There is no problem in this debate.
    But yes.
    You should be saying these words to those abusive Christians

  18. #94
    MuhammadHamza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    344
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    462
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Re: About Christianity

    "Islam demands to be believed."
    Not correct.
    The two most occuring words in the Quran are
    1)-Think
    2)-Consider
    So what it says is that you think critically and try to prove it wrong or prove that something like this can be from someone other than God.
    Inshort,it does not command blind following.
    You can see my posts for some explaination of controversial issues of Islam.
    But then yes.Islam demands to be believed in but not after you have investigated it.Meaning ensure yourself to the core that it is the word of God by questioning it
    But again.
    Christianity does not encourage critical thinking of it and yet it also demands to be believed in.
    Do you not say that those who do not believe in Christianity shall be eternally damned?
    There are numerous verses condemning non Christians to eternal damnation.
    So your argument makes no sense when your own book does not qualify.

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #95
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4558
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    901
    Likes (Received)
    663

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadHamza1 View Post
    Your comment has quite the sense of irony.
    You see.
    If you go to any comment section of a Christian Muslim Debate,
    You will find Many Christians literally abusing.
    So blame us not.
    But the Christian present here is straight to point and is morally sound.
    So can you find any bad language from me on his part?
    All I have done is ask him questions.
    And even if he did abuse,I never abuse back.There was a Jew and he was just blaming Islam ignorantly.I humiliated him in such a way,without using abusive words,by debunking his arguments,that he had to delete his comments.
    So I am only asking questions and he is answering rationally.
    There is no problem in this debate.
    But yes.
    You should be saying these words to those abusive Christians
    I think you might want to re-read what I wrote. I wasn't blaming anyone. I was expressing sadness that arguing happens more than dialogue. I'd like to see more dialogue. I wasn't blaming anyone in particular. It seems to happen everywhere, believers or not.
    1 | Likes Grandad liked this post

  21. #96
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    190
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1310
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    305
    Likes (Received)
    219

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia View Post
    I think you might want to re-read what I wrote. I wasn't blaming anyone. I was expressing sadness that arguing happens more than dialogue. I'd like to see more dialogue. I wasn't blaming anyone in particular. It seems to happen everywhere, believers or not.
    Agreed. What would you like to discuss?
    About Christianity

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  22. #97
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4558
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    901
    Likes (Received)
    663

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    Agreed. What would you like to discuss?
    How about all the things Christians and Muslims have in common? We believe in one God, we believe a lot of the same people were sent as prophets, we both have holy books. What else?
    1 | Likes Grandad liked this post

  23. #98
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,160
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55817
    Rep Power
    109
    Likes (Given)
    6152
    Likes (Received)
    7271

    Re: About Christianity

    Actually, we have a lot of common. From the both books, the Bible and the Quran, we can find similar moral codes like what the ten commandments include. If we both try our best to follow them, our world could to be much more peaceful place to live than what it´s now.
    3 | Likes LaSorcia, Grandad, ardianto liked this post
    About Christianity

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  24. #99
    Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,449
    Threads
    173
    Reputation
    152324
    Rep Power
    135
    Likes (Given)
    1148
    Likes (Received)
    3304

    Re: About Christianity

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    Twaddle! I was a Christian for over sixty years (and for around forty of these a Catholic). I have no doubt that my understanding of Christianity is at least as good as yours, and possibly better! Moreover, I know (and knew) a number of former Christians - and have read the works of a great many more - who also knew their religion very well.
    Many Muslims who were formerly Christian, say it feels like they have returned home, and they feel closer to Jesus now than when they were Christian, as a quote from a former Christian on the forum, who was a seminarian for many years, shows:

    "Many of us here (myself included) said essentially the same words you are now saying, during our years following Paulism in the belief we were Christians. During our Christian years we loved and worshiped an idealistic man-made concept. After we came to Islam we learned to truly love Jesus (peace be on him) and not what we were told was Jesus(pbuh).When I was Christian I thought I loved Jesus(pbuh), but after coming to Islam I came to truly Love Jesus(pbuh)."
    3 | Likes sister herb, Samiul123, greenhill liked this post
    About Christianity


    Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").


    This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)


    Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #100
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4558
    Rep Power
    20
    Likes (Given)
    901
    Likes (Received)
    663

    Re: About Christianity

    We also agree that there is evil in the dunya. Christians call it 'the world'. We don't mean the earth that God created by that term. We also have end-times prophecies in common, even if we only both partial information about what will happen. Muslims have the ummah and Christians have the church. Not completely the same concepts, but very similar.
    What else do we have in common?
    1 | Likes Samiul123 liked this post

  27. Hide
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
Hey there! About Christianity Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. About Christianity
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Being approached about Christianity
    By Beardo in forum Discover Islam
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
  2. Christianity?
    By GuestFellow in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 03:59 PM
  3. Christianity's new racism
    By islamirama in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. What Is Christianity?
    By Umar001 in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 07:47 PM
  5. Early Christianity + Paganism = Modern Christianity
    By QuranStudy in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create