× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 73 of 73 visibility 13761

Da'wah to a Sikh

  1. #1
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Full Member Array Mohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    1531
    Rep Power
    100
    Rep Ratio
    15
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Da'wah to a Sikh (OP)


    Assalamualaikum!

    Does anbody here have any tips as to how to give da'wah to a sikh?
    Or is anyone here a revert from Sikhism?
    Or does anyone know of any such contradictions or scientific errors in the Sikh teachings?
    Is there any good site for these questions if none of you know the answer?

    Basically i have a sikh friend who recently has taken a real disliking towards Islam when he found out according to Islam, only Muslims go to heaven and all other followers of other religions go to hell. He thinks all religions are right and basically they are all a different form of discipline, for example some people pray 5 times a day to discipline themselves and be good people, some people go to church, some people grow their hair long like sikhs. But basically all are different paths to God

    The basic argument i have agaisnt HIS views are, that Sikhism is contradicting itself big time. How can all religions be right, seeing as religions like Christianity Judaism and Islam all believe the whole purpose of their life revolves round the fact we will e going to heaven/hell, whilst religions like Sikhsim n Hinduism believe in reincarnation
    Christianity believes Jesus is Son of God, whilst Islam emphatically says the oppisite, saing it is blasphemous to say this
    Hinduism says there are lots of Gods and for example Judaism says theres one God. How can all these religions be right, its as if your saying God said one thing to one set of epople, and said something totall different to another set, ie saying he is lieing and that just can't be

    Anyway these are my views regarding his views, but i'm not too sure if these are the correct Sikh beliefs
    Please can someone comment or help me on this topic, or provide a decent site about this

  2. #61
    Pukandi baba's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    5

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    Report bad ads?

    format_quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    Hence the opening line in the Granth being dedicated to one fundamental line from which everything else in the Granth (much like the universe itself) is spawned:

    Ek Onkar

    "There Is One"
    There was an article titled ''Russians getting hooked to Sikhism''

    Russians stated that they had been greatly impressed by the teachings of Sikhism and had invited Baba Virsa Singh, a Sikh Saint settled in Delhi, to visit Moscow this year to spread the message of the great religion.

    Valentin Sidorov has spent some days at the dera of Baba Virsa Singh, who has already translated Jaap Sahib into Russian. Two Russian scholars are now working at the dera translating the holy Guru Granth Sahib into Russian.

    Now correct me if i'm wrong but these russians are finding so much peace from reading the Shabad. Not to mention the numerous converts of caucasians in America who have embraced Sikhi! It is the religion of the future.
    chat Quote

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #62
    max314's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    21
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by ISDhillon View Post
    [

    i disagree it is gods hukum that sikhs live according to the baptismal ceremony, this does not mean that god requires non-sikhs to be baptised, but for a sikh baptism is indeed a godly requirement but it must start as an ideal it must not be rigidly imposed - that i would agree with.

    Thanks,

    ISDhillon
    I love being told by mortal human beings about what "God's Will" apparently is
    chat Quote

  5. #63
    max314's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    21
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by Pukandi baba View Post
    I agree with this, as it's the whole concept of Sikhism.

    Guru Gobind Singh Ji did the Amrit sanchar as advised by Waheguru/Allah/Ram, it matters not by what name one refers to God in, as in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji these names come-up over and over again.

    Guru Nanak Ji only did as was the hukam of the Almighty, nothing different.
    Every man, woman and child can do naught but "the hukam of the almighty". It is impossible to defy the Lord's Will. We are each living the Lord's Will right now. Just don't assume that Divine Will and Human Will are driven by the same thing. Because they're not.
    chat Quote

  6. #64
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Posts
    3,170
    Threads
    73
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Ratio
    19
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    Every man, woman and child can do naught but "the hukam of the almighty". It is impossible to defy the Lord's Will. We are each living the Lord's Will right now. Just don't assume that Divine Will and Human Will are driven by the same thing. Because they're not.
    Who's claiming it is? Unless you're saying Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind singh ji were mere humans!?
    Da'wah to a Sikh

    Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

    Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

    Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

    Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #65
    max314's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    21
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by Pukandi baba View Post
    There was an article titled ''Russians getting hooked to Sikhism''

    Russians stated that they had been greatly impressed by the teachings of Sikhism and had invited Baba Virsa Singh, a Sikh Saint settled in Delhi, to visit Moscow this year to spread the message of the great religion.

    Valentin Sidorov has spent some days at the dera of Baba Virsa Singh, who has already translated Jaap Sahib into Russian. Two Russian scholars are now working at the dera translating the holy Guru Granth Sahib into Russian.

    Now correct me if i'm wrong but these russians are finding so much peace from reading the Shabad. Not to mention the numerous converts of caucasians in America who have embraced Sikhi! It is the religion of the future.
    Why do people get so excited when someone 'converts' to their belief system?

    It's because each time someone converts, we feel just that bit more validated than before. No-one likes being told that they are wrong. But everyone likes being told that they are right. When we 'convert' someone, it feels like a re-affirmation that our view is the correct one. It's due to two of the 'Five Thieves': attachment (m'öh), and pride (hankär).

    There is no definitive 'proof' of any of the religions. If there was, none of these debates would even be happening. There are only beliefs. And as such, none of them require evidential back-up; it's all argument-by-assertion.

    "It's like this!"

    "No, it's like this!"

    Totally useless. You may as well construct a floating citadel in the clouds and live out the rest of your days in it.
    chat Quote

  9. #66
    max314's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    21
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Who's claiming it is? Unless you're saying Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind singh ji were mere humans!?
    I said that we are all living out the Will of God right now.

    And let's see: two arms, two legs, two eyes, two ears, walks like a man, talks like a man, looks like a man...holy smokes! I think they were men! kay:
    chat Quote

  10. #67
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Posts
    3,170
    Threads
    73
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Ratio
    19
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    I said that we are all living out the Will of God right now.

    And let's see: two arms, two legs, two eyes, two ears, walks like a man, talks like a man, looks like a man...holy smokes! I think they were men! kay:
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

    Anyway here's a quote dissect, this and feed it to me Max!

    Pragat Sagal Her Bhavan Mein Jan Nanak Gur Parbrahm". "Aap Narain Kala Dhaar Jag Mein Parvaraio"

    P.S Who claimed we weren't living within his will? I most certainly didn't!
    Da'wah to a Sikh

    Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

    Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

    Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

    Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

  11. #68
    max314's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    21
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    1
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!
    And I am the lowest form of life, so it suits me fine

    Oh, and I hope you know just how sarcastic Guru Nanak was...

    "I'm watering my fields!" That's why I like him...he never takes anything too seriously and just has a great time...we should learn from him!

    Anyway here's a quote dissect, this and feed it to me Max!

    Pragat Sagal Her Bhavan Mein Jan Nanak Gur Parbrahm". "Aap Narain Kala Dhaar Jag Mein Parvaraio"
    Might I be so bold as to ask for a translation? I get some of it, but not enough to make a comment. Thanks in advance

    P.S Who claimed we weren't living within his will? I most certainly didn't!
    If you read my posts back, I never actually accused anyone of saying that kay:
    chat Quote

  12. #69
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Posts
    3,170
    Threads
    73
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Ratio
    19
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    And I am the lowest form of life, so it suits me fine

    Oh, and I hope you know just how sarcastic Guru Nanak was...

    "I'm watering my fields!" That's why I like him...he never takes anything too seriously and just has a great time...we should learn from him!


    :
    It is only best suited to Guruji


    Aap Narain Kala Dhaar Jag Meh Parwario
    Nirankar Akaar Jot Jag Mandal Kario

    Sri Guru Granth Sahib (1395)

    The Formless God having assumed the Sacred Form of Sri Guru Amar Das Ji has illuminated the World.


    No i do not worship the Guru's as they forbid this, but you say all they were just humans, nothing more nothing less, this Shabad would say you're wrong!

    Gur Fateh!
    Da'wah to a Sikh

    Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

    Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

    Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

    Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #70
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Posts
    3,170
    Threads
    73
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Ratio
    19
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker666 View Post
    <<The Formless God having assumed the Sacred Form of Sri Guru Amar Das Ji has illuminated the World. >>

    i donot read thhe translation as such.

    Where is reference to Guru Amar Das ji ?
    this is from the bani of Bhatt saints.

    please explain how you deduce that they said this to be Guru Amar Das ji ?
    http://www.srigurugranthsahib.org/gu...e-by-bards.htm
    Da'wah to a Sikh

    Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

    Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

    Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

    Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

  15. #71
    Khoza's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Full Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    31
    Threads
    1
    Rep Power
    94
    Rep Ratio
    9
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by max314 View Post
    And I am the lowest form of life, so it suits me fine

    Oh, and I hope you know just how sarcastic Guru Nanak was...

    "I'm watering my fields!" That's why I like him...he never takes anything too seriously and just has a great time...we should learn from him!
    hahah good one
    chat Quote

  16. #72
    Optimistic's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1
    Threads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    5
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    Assalamualaikum!

    Does anbody here have any tips as to how to give da'wah to a sikh?
    Or is anyone here a revert from Sikhism?
    Or does anyone know of any such contradictions or scientific errors in the Sikh teachings?
    Is there any good site for these questions if none of you know the answer?

    Basically i have a sikh friend who recently has taken a real disliking towards Islam when he found out according to Islam, only Muslims go to heaven and all other followers of other religions go to hell. He thinks all religions are right and basically they are all a different form of discipline, for example some people pray 5 times a day to discipline themselves and be good people, some people go to church, some people grow their hair long like sikhs. But basically all are different paths to God

    The basic argument i have agaisnt HIS views are, that Sikhism is contradicting itself big time. How can all religions be right, seeing as religions like Christianity Judaism and Islam all believe the whole purpose of their life revolves round the fact we will e going to heaven/hell, whilst religions like Sikhsim n Hinduism believe in reincarnation
    Christianity believes Jesus is Son of God, whilst Islam emphatically says the oppisite, saing it is blasphemous to say this
    Hinduism says there are lots of Gods and for example Judaism says theres one God. How can all these religions be right, its as if your saying God said one thing to one set of epople, and said something totall different to another set, ie saying he is lieing and that just can't be

    Anyway these are my views regarding his views, but i'm not too sure if these are the correct Sikh beliefs
    Please can someone comment or help me on this topic, or provide a decent site about this

    How can Sikhism claim to have a complete way of Life?

    Sikhism is claimed to be a complete way of life, but Sikhism does not have the answers from their scriptures for the following questions :-
    How much tax should I pay in a Sikh State, as a Non-Sikh?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding testimony in a court?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding the sentence for stealing?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding the age of maturity?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding my relations with my neighbour?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding how I should treat an animal?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding lawful earnings?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding killing a non-Sikh and the punishment for that?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism regarding riding a horse?
    What is the ruling in Sikhism if I use a nuclear weapon?

    Sikhism only covers prayer and religious obligations. It has no understanding of how to interact with the real world. It has no detailed economic system, social system, or ruling system.

    Sikhism is not alone in this. There is no belief in the entire world, except Islam, that has the answers to problems that mankind encounter on a day to day basis. In Islam, the Qu’ranic verses on Society outnumber verses on individual worship many times over. In the hadith books, only 3 or 4 chapters relate to ibadaat ( individual worship ), whilst over 100 chapters in Bukhari relate to muamalaat ( societal transactions).

    Islam contains a complete ruling, economic, social and ritual system, applicable to all times and places because it is from the Creator, Allah (SWT), your God and my God.


    For this book to be the 11th Guru, the final way to God and scripture in its own right, surely it would have to be a perfect book, free from errors and contradictions? However, we find that this is not the case. Some errors include :-
    Teaching God to be “Sargun” (Possessing Attributes) and “Nargun” ( Possessing no Attributes).
    Claims there is only one way to God, then says many ways
    Reincarnation is taught in one section, yet is rejected elsewhere

    How can it be that a Divinely inspired book, a Guru, a way to God, be so full of contradictions?
    In addition to this, the Book provides no details of the origins of the Earth or of Man, and provides no answers to “where did we come from” as a result. Surely any divinely inspired text would present Gods answer to these questions?
    chat Quote

  17. #73
    Yunussalaf's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    22
    Threads
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    5
    Likes Ratio
    19

    Re: Da'wah to a Sikh

    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين

    The best dawah is the dawah to Tawheed (monotheism), the Oneness of Allah. And you will find the Indians, hindus, Sikhs and many other nations and religions worshipping other than Tawheed. Usually this is because they do no realize that Allah The Most High is not a part of the creation. Therefore an important thing to know about Tawheed is the we have the creation and we have The Creator. These two never mix. However, The Creator - ALLAH - is present in the creation by His knowledge but not by His essence.
    Even many Muslims fall in to the trap of mixing the creation with The Creator which is shirk small or big.
    Therefore I suggest to read and know what is meant by Tawheed. There are many articles about this in most languages. Here's one site in English which I know to be trustworthy:

    https://www.abukhadeejah.com/category/monotheism/

    Here's another site which seems to be specialized on Sikhism but I don't know the site well:

    http://www.islamsikhism.com

    And Allah Knows Best.
    chat Quote


  18. Hide
Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4
Hey there! Da'wah to a Sikh Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Da'wah to a Sikh
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Sikh boy attacked, hair cut
    By Sinbad in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 11:04 PM
  2. The Sikh topic
    By iqbal_soofi in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
  3. Sikh boi interested in Islam
    By A$ingh in forum General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 09:59 PM
  4. Sikh Raaj
    By One Man Army in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
  5. Muslim going into Sikh Temple
    By hero_honda in forum General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create