× Register Login What's New! Contact us
GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. #1
    Array أحمد's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,895
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    12197
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity (OP)




    The new approach of Science towards the concept of GOD . . .

    What do you think about the new approach?


  2. #181
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,231
    Threads
    74
    Reputation
    32298
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Report bad ads?

    Orbits

    “(God is) the one who created the night, the day, the sun and the moon. Each one is traveling in an orbit with its own motion.” Qur’an,21:33

    Today, the laws governing the celestial systems are well known. Galaxies are balanced by the position of stars and planets in well-defined orbits, as well as the interplay of gravitational forces produced by their masses and the speed of their movements. But is this not what the Qur’an describes in terms which have only become comprehensible in modern times.

    Embryo

    “I fashioned the clinging entity into a chewed lump of flesh and I fashioned the chewed flesh into bones and I clothed the bones with intact flesh.” Qur’an, 23:14

    The term ‘chewed flesh’ (mudghah) corresponds exactly to the appearance of the embryo at a certain stage in its development.

    It is known that the bones develop inside this mass and that they are then covered with muscle. This is the meaning of the term ‘intact flesh’ (lahm).

    The embryo passes through a stage where some parts are in proportion and others out of proportion with what is later to become the individual. This is the obvious meaning of a verse in the chapter al-Hajj, which reads as follows:

    “I fashioned (humans) a clinging entity, then into a lump of flesh in proportion and out of proportion.” Qur’an, 22:5.

    Next, we have a reference to the appearance of the senses and internal organs in the chapter as-Sajdah:

    “... and (God) gave you ears, eyes and hearts.” Qur’an, 32:9

    Those are just a few. I think its enuff.

    Heres a website incase u wana know more

    http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1.htm

    God is above his creation..to say proof for Gods "existence" is necessary is like sayin God is part of creation, which seizes God to be unique. To prove God's existence.. i think just looking at this world(His creation) is enuff, unfortunately not enuff for everyone. I know that doesnt go wit the question, but incase some1 is thinkin that.>.< Actually i hope i didnt contradict myself there lol.
    Name a process u know thats started on its own without some1 in charge of it. Name a manufactured product completed without some1 being the manufacturer. If i say my computer came to be without a creator, are u gunna believe me? If i say a vcr came to be without a manufacturer are u gunna believe me? of course not. So how can somethin so detailed difficult and specific like the universe jus start on its own? How can somethin so detailed like a human being and every part of us that has a purpose and role in our body jus come to be?
    Everything that exists has a purpose one way or another, good or bad. So how can somethin like a human not have a purpose. Somethin more unique than any creation surely has a purpose and most likely a creator.
    Neways lets keep this debate clean. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.We all know, there is no compulsion in Islam. Our job as Muslims is to invite ppl to Islam and let them understand it. The rest is up to them to decide what they want to believe.

    Peace
    Last edited by Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн; 07-28-2006 at 02:13 AM.
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    *Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #182
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,231
    Threads
    74
    Reputation
    32298
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Aalimah View Post
    My mind is so open I'm scared something will drop into it
    LOL..i cracked at that
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    *Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

  5. #183
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Gent
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,931
    Threads
    36
    Reputation
    12990
    Rep Power
    91
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    70

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,


    Steve, being a man who knows a thing or two about science, surely you'll accept that a scientific fact has to be something that's objectively verifiable, not dependent on subjective prior beliefs?

    I'm obviously with Wilberhum on this one...

    Peace
    Well, when I ask for something in prayer and I get answer from an unexpected corner, time and time again, it is no longer subjective to prior believes. When I took the shahada, the feeling I felt it is way beyond anything psychology can explain. Now I do understand, that these are my personal expieriances. And I understand that they're in no way verifyable to you. But if you like you can verify your own expieriance, the only trick is, you have to make the first step towards God. If you're sincear in believing, God will inshallah make himself objectively verifiable for you.

    Anything, any excuse. There is no scientific statement about god in any of your post. There is one and only one reason you refuse to point to one. You don't have one, because there are none.
    I'll repeat myself: I'm telling you; every single fact we examine in science is of devine nature. There is not an apple that falls to the ground; not an electon repeling another, not an atom that is held toghether without Allah enpowering it to be so.

    Now you can sit there, and ignore this answer (again) and ask me for a scientific fact about God (again). But that's not going to change my answer. I gave you an answer, I already gave you a lot of answers to your question. You might not like those answers, because they don't fit your taste. Yet to deny I've given them is sheer stupidity.
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.

  6. #184
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,231
    Threads
    74
    Reputation
    32298
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Look if u guys rnt satisfied with the answers given to u, then do yourselves a favor and try readin the Quran "with an open mind." If u still dont believe thats up to u. Its not upto us to try and force u, because we cant. The most we can do is tell u about Islam and invite u to it. If ur still not satisfied, then there is no point in going on with the topic.
    End of story

    Peace
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    *Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #185
    searchingsoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA/UAE
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    958
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    300
    Rep Power
    77
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    Look if u guys rnt satisfied with the answers given to u, then do yourselves a favor and try readin the Quran "with an open mind." If u still dont believe thats up to u. Its not upto us to try and force u, because we cant. The most we can do is tell u about Islam and invite u to it. If ur still not satisfied, then there is no point in going on with the topic.
    End of story

    Peace
    A lot can be learned from an open mind and asking questions.
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends.

  9. #186
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,231
    Threads
    74
    Reputation
    32298
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Then ask questions without getting to each others throats. The whole point is to share information with each other not get cynical.
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    *Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

  10. #187
    czgibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    3,238
    Threads
    37
    Reputation
    15764
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    589
    Likes (Received)
    284

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Greetings,
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Well, when I ask for something in prayer and I get answer from an unexpected corner, time and time again, it is no longer subjective to prior believes. When I took the shahada, the feeling I felt it is way beyond anything psychology can explain. Now I do understand, that these are my personal expieriances. And I understand that they're in no way verifyable to you. But if you like you can verify your own expieriance, the only trick is, you have to make the first step towards God. If you're sincear in believing, God will inshallah make himself objectively verifiable for you.
    It seems you're very confused about the meanings of the words 'subjective' and 'objective' here, which has led to you contradicting yourself a few times.

    You claim that your personal experiences are not subjective, yet you also say they are not verifiable by me, so in fact they obviously are subjective. Also, your last statement contains an oxymoron: "objectively verifiable for you". Such a thing is self-contradictory. If something is objectively verifiable, then it can be verified by everyone, regardless of their prior beliefs.

    I'll repeat myself: I'm telling you; every single fact we examine in science is of devine nature. There is not an apple that falls to the ground; not an electon repeling another, not an atom that is held toghether without Allah enpowering it to be so.
    The connection with Allah here is not factual, but assertive.

    Now you can sit there, and ignore this answer (again) and ask me for a scientific fact about God (again). But that's not going to change my answer. I gave you an answer, I already gave you a lot of answers to your question. You might not like those answers, because they don't fit your taste. Yet to deny I've given them is sheer stupidity.
    No, it isn't. You've been asked for a fact, and you've given a list of assertions, therefore you haven't answered the question at all.

    Peace

  11. #188
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Gent
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,931
    Threads
    36
    Reputation
    12990
    Rep Power
    91
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    70

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    [QUOTE=czgibson;423551]Greetings,

    It seems you're very confused about the meanings of the words 'subjective' and 'objective' here, which has led to you contradicting yourself a few times.

    You claim that your personal experiences are not subjective, yet you also say they are not verifiable by me, so in fact they obviously are subjective. Also, your last statement contains an oxymoron: "objectively verifiable for you". Such a thing is self-contradictory. If something is objectively verifiable, then it can be verified by everyone, regardless of their prior beliefs.[quote]
    I strongly disagree.
    They are not verifiable because i hold no credibility in your eyes. Because my claims, my thoughts, my intentions, my memories, when I explain them to you, I have no credebility. That doesn't mean they are by nature subjective. It's like that just because they are personal. The personal charesteristic of them only makes them unavailable for others, it does not necesairly make them subjective. So it is possible for something to be objective but at the same time unverifiable to some. If the whole world were blind, safe for one person who could see, and that person claims: the sky is blue. Then his statement is still objective. Regardless of wheter other people can verify it or not.

    Now regardless of this, you could still question my objectivity (was I delusional? am I lying? did I misinterpret things? am I paranoia? and so on...)
    If one of those would be true, then my claims are indeed subjective. But that doesn't mean any given personal experience is subjective by default. It would only mean mine wasn't a trustworthy one. But for you to examine the objectivity of my personal expieriance is futile, since it holds no value to you either way. That's why I suggested to examine your personal expieriance. There you CAN verify wheter or not your claims are lies, there You can still try to keep an open mind for difrent interpretations, there you can examine wheter you are likely to have been delusional or not (have you taken drugs, do you have a menatl illness, do you have an unstable personality... ).

    The connection with Allah here is not factual, but assertive.
    Every single connection proposed in the field of science is assertive. Your claim brings us no knew knowledge about that connection. For a conenction in Science is assertive by defenition since science is unable to examine the meaning behind causal actions. We can only study a repetetive corelation between two events. And measure and describe the correlation in the form of formula's. But whatever connects them is still as big of a secret as it was a thousand years ago.

    No, it isn't. You've been asked for a fact, and you've given a list of assertions, therefore you haven't answered the question at all.
    Yes I have answered the question. I've offered my arguments. And I 've shown why the question is flawed. And finaly I have given answers either way. You may disagree on wheter my answers fit the criteria. And discus it as we are doing now. But to conclude I have not answered the questions, while the given answers are still being debated is preposterous. And on top of that it again shows us the ill-willed true nature of the question itself. For the questioner is confident not to encounter an answer in his naroowmindedness. That is why I 've repeadetly have tried to shown the difrent flaws in the questions , and have taken the time in explaining the context of the questions and my answers, before actually giving them.
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.

  12. #189
    wilberhum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seattle, Wa. USA
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    4,348
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    6956
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Not a single [MAD]Scientific Fact about god[/MAD]

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #190
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fighting4Emaan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    16,478
    Threads
    356
    Reputation
    74528
    Rep Power
    132
    Likes (Given)
    141
    Likes (Received)
    521

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    Not a single [MAD]Scientific Fact about god[/MAD]
    this is ridiculous.

    its like you constantly asking, whats 2+2, whats 2+2 and we're all saying, ITS 4 ITS 4 !! But you just ignore us everytime. For the last time theres plenty of scientific facts and proofs in the Quran and Sunnah !!
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    -
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

  15. #191
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Gent
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,931
    Threads
    36
    Reputation
    12990
    Rep Power
    91
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    70

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    this is ridiculous.

    its like you constantly asking, whats 2+2, whats 2+2 and we're all saying, ITS 4 ITS 4 !! But you just ignore us everytime. For the last time theres plenty of scientific facts and proofs in the Quran and Sunnah !!
    I know
    I'm starting to think he's just hoping that eventually we'll give up, and peolpe will only read the last few posts, and thus it will seem as if he has won. But I'm to stuburn to grant him even that
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.

  16. #192
    wilberhum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seattle, Wa. USA
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    4,348
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    6956
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    But I'm to stuburn to grant him even that
    Now I understand. Add stuburn and stupitidy and I see where you are comming from.
    You have no intention of an honest discussion. You only desire to practice your stuburnness.
    Contact me when you grow up.

    Thank you
    Wilber
    Last edited by wilberhum; 07-28-2006 at 07:08 PM.

  17. #193
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,231
    Threads
    74
    Reputation
    32298
    Rep Power
    99
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    Funny how u guys totally ignored my post!! Say somethin bout that, im waiting aight? k thnx..
    Peace

    Quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    Orbits

    “(God is) the one who created the night, the day, the sun and the moon. Each one is traveling in an orbit with its own motion.” Qur’an,21:33

    Today, the laws governing the celestial systems are well known. Galaxies are balanced by the position of stars and planets in well-defined orbits, as well as the interplay of gravitational forces produced by their masses and the speed of their movements. But is this not what the Qur’an describes in terms which have only become comprehensible in modern times.

    Embryo

    “I fashioned the clinging entity into a chewed lump of flesh and I fashioned the chewed flesh into bones and I clothed the bones with intact flesh.” Qur’an, 23:14

    The term ‘chewed flesh’ (mudghah) corresponds exactly to the appearance of the embryo at a certain stage in its development.

    It is known that the bones develop inside this mass and that they are then covered with muscle. This is the meaning of the term ‘intact flesh’ (lahm).

    The embryo passes through a stage where some parts are in proportion and others out of proportion with what is later to become the individual. This is the obvious meaning of a verse in the chapter al-Hajj, which reads as follows:

    “I fashioned (humans) a clinging entity, then into a lump of flesh in proportion and out of proportion.” Qur’an, 22:5.

    Next, we have a reference to the appearance of the senses and internal organs in the chapter as-Sajdah:

    “... and (God) gave you ears, eyes and hearts.” Qur’an, 32:9

    Those are just a few. I think its enuff.

    Heres a website incase u wana know more

    http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1.htm

    God is above his creation..to say proof for Gods "existence" is necessary is like sayin God is part of creation, which seizes God to be unique. To prove God's existence.. i think just looking at this world(His creation) is enuff, unfortunately not enuff for everyone. I know that doesnt go wit the question, but incase some1 is thinkin that.>.< Actually i hope i didnt contradict myself there lol.
    Name a process u know thats started on its own without some1 in charge of it. Name a manufactured product completed without some1 being the manufacturer. If i say my computer came to be without a creator, are u gunna believe me? If i say a vcr came to be without a manufacturer are u gunna believe me? of course not. So how can somethin so detailed difficult and specific like the universe jus start on its own? How can somethin so detailed like a human being and every part of us that has a purpose and role in our body jus come to be?
    Everything that exists has a purpose one way or another, good or bad. So how can somethin like a human not have a purpose. Somethin more unique than any creation surely has a purpose and most likely a creator.
    Neways lets keep this debate clean. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.We all know, there is no compulsion in Islam. Our job as Muslims is to invite ppl to Islam and let them understand it. The rest is up to them to decide what they want to believe.

    Peace
    Thas wat i posted >.<
    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    *Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

  18. #194
    Ansar Al-'Adl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,680
    Threads
    188
    Reputation
    16663
    Rep Power
    97
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    77

    Re: GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity


    The discussion seems to have deteriorated and to avoid any further insults I think it best to close the thread.



    GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity

    The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]


    Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.

  19. Hide
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8 9 10
Hey there! GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. The Necessity to Love the Beloved Prophet SAW.
    By Endymion in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 04:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 11:05 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 10:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create