× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,888
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    38980
    Rep Power
    115
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    16

    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    Report bad ads?

    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah


    Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee



    When is lenience and when is harshness applied in Da'wah when interacting with people?


    The standard in Da'wah is applying lenience, gentleness and wisdom, this is the basis may Allaah bless you.

    There are those who oppose and deny the truth, you establish the evidence upon them but they refuse [to accept the truth], this is when you use refutations. If you were a ruler and he was a caller, you may discipline him with the sword (authority). This may lead to his execution if he is persistent in propagating his falsehood.

    There are some scholars who hold the opinion that this person is worse than brigands. So he is to be advised and the evidence is to be established upon him. If he refuses to accept [the truth], the legislated authority is to punish him by imprisoning, banishing or even by executing him.

    Al Jahm ibn Safwaan, Bishr al Mareesee, Al Ja'd ibn Dirham and others were sentenced to death, may Allaah bless you. This is the ruling of the 'Ulamaa over those who oppose and persist on propagating their innovations. If Allaah benefits them [through advice] and they return [to the truth], then this is what is intended.


    Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Maimunah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2,205
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    9787
    Rep Power
    91
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    mashaAllah, jazaAllah khayr.

    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى*ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠) رَبَّنَا ٱغۡفِرۡ لِى وَلِوَٲلِدَىَّ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَوۡمَ يَقُومُ ٱلۡحِسَابُ

  4. #3
    Talha777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    467
    Threads
    22
    Reputation
    1357
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    Subhan Allah. By the way, who was Jad ibn Dirham?

  5. #4
    snakelegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    California
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    5,742
    Threads
    110
    Reputation
    28750
    Rep Power
    105
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah View Post
    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah


    Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee



    When is lenience and when is harshness applied in Da'wah when interacting with people?


    The standard in Da'wah is applying lenience, gentleness and wisdom, this is the basis may Allaah bless you.

    There are those who oppose and deny the truth, you establish the evidence upon them but they refuse [to accept the truth], this is when you use refutations. If you were a ruler and he was a caller, you may discipline him with the sword (authority). This may lead to his execution if he is persistent in propagating his falsehood.

    There are some scholars who hold the opinion that this person is worse than brigands. So he is to be advised and the evidence is to be established upon him. If he refuses to accept [the truth], the legislated authority is to punish him by imprisoning, banishing or even by executing him.

    Al Jahm ibn Safwaan, Bishr al Mareesee, Al Ja'd ibn Dirham and others were sentenced to death, may Allaah bless you. This is the ruling of the 'Ulamaa over those who oppose and persist on propagating their innovations. If Allaah benefits them [through advice] and they return [to the truth], then this is what is intended.


    Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid
    i think i am not understanding this, so please clarify.
    you are talking about giving dawah - when the target refuses - are you saying his very refusal constitutes "propagating" his
    belief system?
    if so:
    so much for no compulsion in religion.
    so much for islam not being spread by the sword.
    so you come to give me dawah all nice-like and when i persist in my kafir beliefs, my refusal is viewed as the same as propagating my unbelief?
    unwillingness to revert is not the same as propagating "kafirism".
    i think (hope) i missed something here because this contradicts other things i have read.
    thanks.
    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,888
    Threads
    276
    Reputation
    38980
    Rep Power
    115
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    Quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    i think (hope) i missed something here because this contradicts other things i have read.
    thanks.
    Hi

    Indeed you did. Lol. Obviously here propogating falsehood is not believing in it, and not spreading it amongst the people. That's a different matter all together. And the amount of punishment excercised by the ruler depends on the seriousness of what is being said - I presume.

  8. #6
    Pk_#2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,139
    Threads
    283
    Reputation
    52098
    Rep Power
    121
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

    JazakAllah khair,

    Nice threads sister

    WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
    When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah


    "Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

    Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

  9. #7
    islamic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    129
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    456
    Rep Power
    77
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah

    This is what I was talking about on some other thread sister Al Muwahhidah but anyway, nice thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    i think i am not understanding this, so please clarify.
    If I invite you as non-muslim to Islam and you don't accept it is okay. If you go and talk nonsense about Allah and the prophet Muhammad and spread that message challenging me, its not okay.


  10. Hide
Hey there! When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Extremism is in Lenience Just as it is in Harshness
    By Ummu Sufyaan in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. New Style Applied
    By -S- in forum Feedback & Suggestions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
  3. Harshness Upon Those Who Do Not Practice The Deen
    By MinAhlilHadeeth in forum Da'wah
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 06:06 AM
  4. Al-Ghuloo (Extremism) and Shiddah (Harshness) Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaanحفظه الل
    By madeenahsh in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
  5. Harshness Upon Those Who Do Not Practice The Deen
    By madeenahsh in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create