× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Why Islam?

  1. #1
    Knowledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Why Islam?

    Report bad ads?

    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?


    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices? How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself? When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    41
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?


    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices? How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself? When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    Hi, friend,
    welcome to islamicboard. So you are a well trained orientalist.
    Anyways. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

    First, you said,''I want to pose a genuine question to you''

    but you've asked several questions in one breath:

    1: If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions ?

    2: how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices?

    3: How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God..?

    4: How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself?

    5: When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?

    6: What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam?

    7: what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim) ?

    8: Have you studied other religions?

    9: what do you think of them compared to Islam?

    10: What does Islam offer that other religions don't?


    InshaAllah, we will discuss all points you have raised.

    So I ask you :

    Why do you think that Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions are better than Islam?

    First, Give evidences of authenticity of their scriptures, plz

  4. #3
    Knowledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    InshaAllah, we will discuss all points you have raised.

    So I ask you :

    Why do you think that Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions are better than Islam?

    First, Give evidences of authenticity of their scriptures, plz
    I'm not claiming authenticity on anything, I'm asking.

    And I've given a lot of potential questions, yes.

    The main question is put quite clearly in my post: Why are you a Muslim? I want to learn

  5. #4
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    41
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not claiming authenticity on anything, I'm asking.

    And I've given a lot of potential questions, yes.

    The main question is put quite clearly in my post: Why are you a Muslim? I want to learn
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.
    Nevertheless, you're still clinging to your false creed/religion. I'm asking....... why ?

    I'm not claiming authenticity on anything, I'masking.
    Nor you can, it's my CLAIM. Have you courage to claim that your religion is better than Islam.?
    Yes or NO......!

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Knowledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Nevertheless, you're still clinging to your false creed/religion. I'm asking....... why ?



    Nor you can, it's my CLAIM. Have you courage to claim that your religion is better than Islam.?
    Yes or NO......!
    No.

    I haven't said a single word about what I believe. I put Islam next to other similar religions, which you are quoting but not talking about.

    Why are you trying to derail my thread?


    (To anyone reading, please read the first post of the thread)

  8. #6
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,065
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23330
    Rep Power
    41
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2440

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    No.

    I haven't said a single word about what I believe. I put Islam next to other similar religions, which you are quoting but not talking about.

    Why are you trying to derail my thread?


    (To anyone reading, please read the first post of the thread)
    My questions are related to this thread but you think otherwise.

    You've studied Quran, hadith, tafsir etc, so out of curiosity, I'm asking why you still believe in your religion.
    Did you not see that Islam is better than your religion ? Why...?

    Plz enlighten us with your knowledge of Islam....

  9. #7
    Alamgir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    346
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    549
    Rep Power
    10
    Likes (Given)
    945
    Likes (Received)
    157

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?


    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices? How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself? When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    Read this:

    http://islamandmuslims123.blogspot.com/

  10. #8
    BeTheChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,001
    Threads
    128
    Reputation
    14275
    Rep Power
    44
    Likes (Given)
    3406
    Likes (Received)
    1653

    Re: Why Islam?

    You ask why Islam and i ask why not Islam?

    The injustice, oppression, hatred, negativity etc. in this world is enough to make you a bit or a lot insane. Islam lifts you and makes you mentally strong. It teaches you not to rely on anyone other than your creator. Islam removes depression and takes you to the heavens (in thia world) subhana Allah. Allah swt is The Most Merciful. Why not Islam? Look around you. The plants, animals, the sea life, the unseen world etc is enough for one to know there is a creator. Contemplate, understand, learn and open your mind.
    | Likes Alamgir liked this post
    Why Islam?

    Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.

  11. #9
    air's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    35
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    13
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Re: Why Islam?

    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices?

    a: Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent.".


    How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself?

    a: I can't, your question is like, explain to someone 22/7 = 3.14 without math, to explain Qur'an you need at least Qur'an and hadits, Lol.

    When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?

    a: it mean as it is.

    what keeps you as a Muslim?

    a: of course, and Surah Al-Fatihah, and the teaching.

    Have you studied other religions?

    a: no just know some of their story.

    and what do you think of them compared to Islam?
    a: Qur'an was purely created by as God, their holy scriptures is made from their witnesses and/or mixed.

    What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    a: True path.

    I hope you're satisfied, thanks.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    HisServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    246
    Threads
    21
    Reputation
    1200
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?


    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices? How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself? When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    Hello & Welcome to the Forum,

    A claim to be seeking answers but appearing somewhat judgemental using accusatory speech is never quite favourable.

    "I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult"

    - In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a cult is a social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices,[3] although this is often unclear.

    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult)

    There are many practices and beliefs that Islam encourages it's followers to implement which makes it socially functional/adaptive with various societal ventures and activities. Presently, where I am located there has been heavy rainfalls causing flooding in some low-land areas and the Muslim group by which we are participants are presently taking measures to assist both the believers & non-believers. Certainly, wherever you live there will be similar examples. (assisting the poor, advocating for the conservation of our environment, promoting good health, gender rights and respect, etc....basically adhering to guidelines which seeks not to oppress but assist/alleviate the condition of others---stable healthy economic practices of banking & marketing)

    "You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient." - 3:110

    So, in everything which there is goodness and benefit for ourselves and others will most likely be endorsed. That which is generally bad for humanity, we will be against essentially as these will corrupt and destroy societies. (rape, incest, drugs, homosexuality, nudity, violence etc.)


    "cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions"

    There are many religious groups (inclusive of Islam) that work well with each other, -in various causes (unity) so this theory is disapproved by knowledge of various groups allocated in different parts of the world that are in harmony with similar beliefs and values. - (UNICEF, WHO, IMRC)


    "theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance)"

    "According to Islamic teachings, only such a person will be called a Muslim at whose hands the lives and properties of all the innocent Muslims and non-Muslims remain safe and unhurt. The sanctity of human life and its protection occupies fundamental place in the Islamic law. Taking anyone’s life for nothing and killing him is an act forbidden and unlawful. Rather, in some cases, it amounts to infidelity. These days, the terrorists, in a vain attempt to impose their own ideas and beliefs and eliminate their opponents from the surface of the earth, killing innocent people ruthlessly and indiscriminately everywhere in Mosques, Bazaars, governmental offices and other public places are in fact committing manifest infidelity. They are warned of humiliating torment in this world and in the hereafter. Terrorism, in its very essence, is an act that symbolizes infidelity and rejection of what Islam stands for. When the forbidden element of suicide is added to it, its severity and lethality becomes even graver. Scores of Quranic verses and Prophetic traditions have proved that massacre of Muslims and terrorism is unlawful in Islam; rather, they are blasphemous acts. That has always been the edict unanimously held by all the scholars that have passed in the 1400 year Islamic history, including all the eminent Imams of Tafseer and Hadith and authorities on logic and jurisprudence. Islam has kept the door of negotiation and discussion open to convince by reasoning, instead of taking up arms to declare the others’ standpoint wrong, and enforce one’s own opinion. Only the victims of ignorance, jealousy and malice go for militancy. Islam declares them rebels. They will abide in Hell."

    Leading Islamic Scholars Detailed Fatwa/Religious Ruling

    - - - Updated - - -

    It seems the other members have sufficiently answered your other questions....I'll just a few more things/reference.

    When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?



    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim) Faith and knowledge, finding never-ending answers/solutions/guidance/peace in the Quran. And actually, moreso, what was stated in the first post--- Islam, monitors every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts :-)
    Last edited by HisServant; 10-20-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Why Islam?


  14. #11
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,593
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39237
    Rep Power
    97
    Likes (Given)
    498
    Likes (Received)
    1729

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions.
    This is enough information to tell me that you're here for no other reason than to cause trouble. If you want a rich and meaningful discussion then you need to actually know what Islam is, or have an open mind to find out if you really don't know, rather than talking to us like a bunch of idiots. I'm going to keep a close eye on you. I will allow this discussion to continue because I want to give you a chance to talk to us. If you're going to cause issues then you're not going to last very long here.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 10-20-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    Why Islam?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  15. #12
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,185
    Threads
    283
    Reputation
    667
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    160

    Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?


    If you where to put Islam up next to Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses or ancient pagan religions, how to you defend the validity of your strictly exclusive beliefs and practices? How do you logically defend the Quran as the literal word of God without using the Quran itself? When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    What draws you (if you're a revert) to Islam? and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    If you want to understand the logic, then I suggest you become a philosopher, then you can understand. And what Islam has to offer more than any other religion? Guess what. Every answer you like, it is already mentioned in Quran. But in other religious books, you won’t find any answer you’re looking for, only in the Glorious Quran. The word “Allah” means “God” in English. Some consider God in I don’t know what, but if you change the meaning of “God” into the true meaning, then t is ok to use it. When you’re raised as a Muslim, the only thing that keeps you as a Muslim is that you stay out from Shirk. I have studied Bible Lon time ago, but now I stoped studying Bible and I’m studying Quran. The other questions you have about Jehova I do not have any answer. If I had an answer, I’ll be glad to share with you. I mean that, God is the only true God that has no partners, no sons, no daughters, and He is the one who created Quran and Islam and through Quran we know God is the only true god and there’s no god other than Him.

    Hopefully this is the answer you’re looking for.
    Last edited by Nitro Zeus; 10-20-2018 at 09:16 PM.

  16. #13
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,558
    Threads
    157
    Reputation
    51593
    Rep Power
    98
    Likes (Given)
    2862
    Likes (Received)
    4808

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    and what keeps you as a Muslim? (if born a Muslim)
    Have you studied other religions? and what do you think of them compared to Islam? What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    Greeting Knowledger.

    I was born in a Muslim family, but I have many Christian relatives from my mother's side. And when I was kid I studied in Catholic kindergarten and elementary school. I have beautiful memories with the nuns at there. That's why I always have great respect to the nuns. Yes, since I was born I have familiar with interfaith relationship, and my relationship with my non-Muslim relatives and friends is always good.

    I love reading, I love seek knowledge. Of course I have ever learned about other religions. But did I ever compared my religion with other religions?. No, because religion is not something that should be compared. I even never compare Christianity with Judaism or compare Hinduism with Buddhism.

    Does my interfaith relationship or learn other religions make me doubt on Islam?. Never, Alhamdulillah. How can it happen?. Honestly, I cannot explain it with words. But I always feel something in my heart that makes me always believe. And this is what called "faith".

    Yes, not logic, but faith that make a believer always believe on the religion that he embraces.


  17. #14
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,732
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    5453
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    1002

    Re: Why Islam?

    A similiar question was asked a few days ago in another thread. Our answer is because Islam gives answers to everything we need regarding "religion". Other religions always miss something. Islam, particularly Quran, explains eveything what's going on since the creation of man.

    Here is my question..What did you understand from Quran?

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    piXie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,458
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    33997
    Rep Power
    100
    Likes (Given)
    330
    Likes (Received)
    525

    Re: Why Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledger View Post
    I'm not a Muslim but I am mostly fluent in Arabic and Islamic scripture (Quran, Hadith, Sunnah) and doctrine.

    There are many things that don't sit right with me and I have a hard time understanding what makes it any different from any Cult.
    In spite of studying the scriptures, I still cannot see the logic behind the very adverse reaction Islam has to other religions. It seems to be the most religiously strict (monitoring every aspect of a believer's life and thoughts) and theologically hostile (all the violence committed by Muslims against non-Muslims and Quranic stance against polytheism for instance) religion still around today.

    This thread isn't purely to give my impressions of Islam (in spite of my deep interests in other aspects of it) but I want to pose a genuine question to you because I want to understand, to know Why?

    Hello,

    I just try to follow the instruction manuals which come with the products. There is always a guide provided on how to operate , esp for complicated devices. I find that when I do, the diverse & complicated systems of the product operate smoothly giving everyone maximum benefit and safe guarding them from harm. Without the manual , I am lost & the product breaks down. If you still don't understand why I follow the manual, Im sorry I cannot make you understand. Perhaps , uv been reading the manual upside down
    | Likes azc liked this post

  20. #16
    Islamkingdom_En's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    126
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Re: Why Islam?

    Simply
    If I’m not a Muslim, I think I will be lost, I will be like a seed without water, I will ever never feel the importance of being a human being that has a mind, independent character. Islam is the gate of life, imagine that you live in a prison and can't see the light and don't know the right way, this is the feeling of not being a Muslim.
    Last edited by Islamkingdom_En; 10-31-2018 at 11:55 AM.

  21. #17
    CuriousonTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    418
    Threads
    26
    Reputation
    207
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Why Islam?

    Because Allah intervened in my life.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

  22. #18
    Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,545
    Threads
    175
    Reputation
    153248
    Rep Power
    140
    Likes (Given)
    1169
    Likes (Received)
    3373

    Re: Why Islam?

    When you say you worship "Allah" or that "Allah" is the only true god, what do you really mean?
    There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped.
    He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, siblings, parents, cousins, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts, nor relatives of any sort.
    He is eternal and does not die.
    There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, the Creator of the Universe.
    He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him.
    He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, no intermediaries, and no denying of God's existence either.
    There are no sharers or associates whatsoever in His Divinity.
    Simply, He is One, in every sense.

    What does Islam offer that other religions don't?
    Islam is distinguishable from other religions, as:

    1) It is a complete way of life, which is practical and balanced
    2) It has a pure and clear concept of the Oneness of God
    3) It has a close relationship with the Creator
    4) It emphasizes evidence and faith
    5) There is accountability and total justice
    6) It has a universal and timeless message
    7) All the messengers of God are believed in, none are blasphemed or rejected, nor at the other end of the extreme are they made into gods
    8) It's scripture is 100% the word of God
    9) There is forgiveness as opposed to someone having to atone for your sins
    10) Belief and good deeds go hand in hand
    11) It is a complete code of conduct for every aspect of life, from the most intimate, to the most public. It not only exhorts one to be good, but provides complete guidance to practically live that, taking a preventative approach to problems in society from the outset. It guides us towards practical ways of achieving righteousness and eliminating evil from our individual and collective lives, taking into account human nature and the complexities of human society.

    what keeps you as a Muslim?
    Islam tells us the purpose of our existence, why we are here, tells us who our Creator is, and gives us untampered guidance and instructions on how our Creator wants us to live and worship Him, in order that we can attain peace within ourselves, in communities, and also in order to help us achieve salvation in the hereafter.

    We're following a book that tells us what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what God told His prophets to teach people since the creation of the first human. That core message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original message, the only message. The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to the will of God and to worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. Thus, Islam is not a new faith, but is the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, the meaning loosely translating as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, places and peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning. Since the time of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that message is available unchanged and unadulterated. He is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind.

    The ultimate truth of Islam stands on unshakeable ground, and in harmony with reason. It's universal message has remained unchanged for over 1400 years, not only a religion, but a way of life, for all people, all times, and all places. It is a complete code of conduct for every aspect of life, from the most intimate, to the most public. It not only exhorts one to be good, but provides complete guidance to practically live that, aiming to prevent problems in society; solutions for problems are also given. The modern world only stands to benefit from Islam.

    One of the numerous beautiful things about Islam, is that an increase in knowledge and education, and scientific discoveries, provide further evidence that it is the truth. That is the sign of a true religion, in harmony with reason, logic, and science. Indeed, Islam is the religion for the thinking person - so many times we are told to contemplate, and look at the signs that are there for people of understanding.

    It's a great feeling knowing you're following in the footsteps of the Prophets, and not following man-made teachings, and that the teachings are logical and make sense. There are no mental acrobatics involved - the concept of God is simple, clear, and easy for all to understand, as truth should be. If the message you're following is not God's word, then everything goes downhill from there.
    Why Islam?


    Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").


    This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)


    Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)

  23. #19
    Shehzad Hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    14
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Why Islam?

    Islam is the religion that Allah has elected for mankind. It is a way of life that affects every aspect of man's life, the social, the radical, the economic, etc. Islam has a solution to every problem regardless of its nature and gravity. It is a Divine message, which Allah chose Muhammad (peace be upon him) to convey to mankind.
    | Likes AbdurRahman. liked this post


  24. Hide
Hey there! Why Islam? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why Islam?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 06:11 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create