× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12 visibility 841
  1. #1
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Some questions about Islam.

    Report bad ads?

    I’m a non-Muslim who needs help with some questions about Islam I think of.
    Last edited by Hope1995; 03-31-2020 at 02:44 PM.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    757
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    3531
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    213
    Likes (Received)
    493

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    I know the concept Loving and hating for the sake of Allah, but the first time I've heard this arabic name for it "al wara wal bara".

    What do you want to know about it. It really is not that difficult in my opinion. It just means litterally to love all things that is good and hate all things that is bad.

    It does not mean being hostile to non-muslims when they haven't done anything or just minding their own business.
    Neither does it mean to love things like divorce just because it is permitted in Islaam and totally Halal.

    Things that are forbidden in Islaam are forbidden for a reason...this means that either it is bad for ourselves, our family, or others, or causes harm in some other way to our environment, or animals, etc.
    So, everything that is forbidden, shouldn't be liked at all...it is harmfull anyways....if you love such a thing...(for example you earn lots of money from someones addiction) you are wandering off the right path, and maybe even cause other people to do harm as well.

  4. #3
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,094
    Threads
    38
    Reputation
    1570
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    394

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1995 View Post
    I’m a non-Muslim who needs help with the topic of al wala wal bara.
    Birds of a feather flock together, right? Why?
    Simply because people who have similar interests, ideas, or characteristics tend to seek out or associate with one another. Muslims hang out with each other just because they have similar interests and belief systems. They can't be close friends with non-Muslims because they have totally different ideology and belief. Simple is that. Now this does not mean hating non-Muslims. However, if a non-Muslim openly speaks bad about Muslims and Islam then its natural desire to have hate towards such individual. Imagine if someone abuses your mother, how can you have love for that person.

  5. #4
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Birds of a feather flock together, right? Why?
    Simply because people who have similar interests, ideas, or characteristics tend to seek out or associate with one another. Muslims hang out with each other just because they have similar interests and belief systems. They can't be close friends with non-Muslims because they have totally different ideology and belief. Simple is that. Now this does not mean hating non-Muslims. However, if a non-Muslim openly speaks bad about Muslims and Islam then its natural desire to have hate towards such individual. Imagine if someone abuses your mother, how can you have love for that person.
    of course that is true. What about when people that give dawah are being told by non-Muslims that Islam is violent, why are they still liking such an individual even though they hate Islam?

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    757
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    3531
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    213
    Likes (Received)
    493

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1995 View Post
    of course that is true. What about when people that give dawah are being told by non-Muslims that Islam is violent, why are they still liking such an individual even though they hate Islam?
    Muslims that give dawah like non-Muslims who accuse Islam for being violent? Are you sure?
    Muslims like giving dawah. to everyone. and giving dawah requires patience, keeping your calm, being tolerant etc. Al wala wal bara means we love giving dawah...and because we want to do your jobs, it means we also love being patient, calm and tolerant while giving dawah...However, it doesn't mean we should like the non-muslim who falsely accuses accuses our religion for being violent.

    second, a non-muslim who has such accusations usually is not an open minded person...so it is probabely useless to give dawah to anyways...
    The person giving dawah to them just had little hope it would help so he did it...because you never know of course.

  8. #6
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    Muslims that give dawah like non-Muslims who accuse Islam for being violent? Are you sure?
    Muslims like giving dawah. to everyone. and giving dawah requires patience, keeping your calm, being tolerant etc. Al wala wal bara means we love giving dawah...and because we want to do your jobs, it means we also love being patient, calm and tolerant while giving dawah...However, it doesn't mean we should like the non-muslim who falsely accuses accuses our religion for being violent.

    second, a non-muslim who has such accusations usually is not an open minded person...so it is probabely useless to give dawah to anyways...
    The person giving dawah to them just had little hope it would help so he did it...because you never know of course.
    I didn’t say the Muslim likes the non-Muslim for saying Islam is violent. I was saying the Muslim likes the non-Muslim but doesn’t like the view the non-Muslim holds. If a non-Muslim is not hostile like Pamela Geller, they would not really be considered hostile to Muslims if they believe Islam is violent because they’re not like Pamela Geller who is rude about it.

  9. #7
    Ümit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    757
    Threads
    8
    Reputation
    3531
    Rep Power
    18
    Likes (Given)
    213
    Likes (Received)
    493

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1995 View Post
    I didn’t say the Muslim likes the non-Muslim for saying Islam is violent. I was saying the Muslim likes the non-Muslim but doesn’t like the view the non-Muslim holds. If a non-Muslim is not hostile like Pamela Geller, they would not really be considered hostile to Muslims if they believe Islam is violent because they’re not like Pamela Geller who is rude about it.
    I am sorry, but I am not following you. If a non-muslim has strange ideas (that Islam is violent or something) but he is just minding his own business and is not violent...then that is his opinion...nothing to like or to dislike. It his his views and opinions.
    and I did not get the connection with al wala wal bara either...what are you asking exactly?

  10. #8
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Ümit View Post
    I am sorry, but I am not following you. If a non-muslim has strange ideas (that Islam is violent or something) but he is just minding his own business and is not violent...then that is his opinion...nothing to like or to dislike. It his his views and opinions.
    and I did not get the connection with al wala wal bara either...what are you asking exactly?
    I changed the topic because it came out wrong my wording. Also I was saying if the non-Muslim expresses his strange views of Islam but isn’t like Pamela Geller and is peaceful about it like how Muslims criticizes other religions, that non-Muslim wouldn’t necessarily be hostile to Muslims, right?

  11. #9
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,094
    Threads
    38
    Reputation
    1570
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    394

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1995 View Post
    of course that is true. What about when people that give dawah are being told by non-Muslims that Islam is violent, why are they still liking such an individual even though they hate Islam?
    Now we are talking about two different things.
    Our original topic was "Al Wala Wal Bara" which it appears now you have understood that concept. It is more related to our belief system and Tauheed (Oneness of Allah) - love for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah alone.

    The new topic which you have introduced is calling people to religion of Islam, Called "Dawah" which means to invite. Muslims do it because we have been ordered to do so in Quran. We know no prophets are going to come after Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and we also know that Allah has revealed the final message for entire humanity and has preserved it in the form of Quran and hadiths. Perhaps you should read the Quran at your own and look into the history of Quran. Is not it surprising that Quran is the only book which has been preserved for over 1400 years? Is it humanly possible? If not, who is preserving the Quran? Something for you to think about and do your research.

    Going back to our topic of "Dawah" - it is the duty of Muslims to spread the message of Islam to those who do not know about Islam and when we invite people to Islam we need to deliver that message with the best possible manner. We need to have true concern for non-Muslims and deliver the message with love. We need to understand that non-Muslims don't know what we know based on what has been revealed in the Quran in the form of authentic hadiths. So as a Dai' (person who calls others to Islam) I should be ready to hear derogatory comments from non-Muslims. This is where we need to exercise patience, following the Sunnah (way of prophet peace be upon him). We should ignore the hate, deliver the message with love and make dua (supplication) for non believers so that they can be guided to Islam. It is not an easy job because in the process we need to hear many ignorant comments from non-Muslims but it teaches us how to control our desires and be patience. It teaches us how to look after even those who hate Islam. It makes us better human beings with good moral character because having a good moral character is in itself an invitation to non-Muslims to spread the message of Islam.

    This again goes back to basic human nature. If we try to force our religion on others, they will not accept it. Its human nature and that's why in Islam we are forbidden to force our belief system on others. It is also human nature that we listen to someone who has true concern for us, who talks to us in a loving and respectful way. That's why Allah has ordered Muslims to convey the message of Islam with love and respectful way to others. It is also human nature that they hate when someone mocks their belief system. In return often, they start mocking Muslims. Its natural reaction and that's why Allah teaches us in Quran not to mock belief system of others.

    I hope this shows you a big picture of why we call others to Islam and why we ignore negative comments of non-Muslims when calling them to Islam. Our concern is to save our brothers and sisters in humanity from torture in an eternal life after death. Our goal is to give glad tidings to those who would accept Islam in the form of paradise in hereafter. Our goal is to bring humanity back to the only straight path (Islam) and remind them what their purpose is in life - to obey Allah and His messengers in this worldly life so that we can be saved in life after death.

    Now do all Muslims react in the same respectful way when giving Dawah? The answer is No for variety of reasons. Sometimes Non-Muslims take their freedom of speech to extreme such as making cartoons of prophet (peace be upon him) or trying to burn Quran is public events. These is unacceptable in any moral society. Non-Muslims should know that these issues are sensitive to Muslims and to live peacefully in a society they have no right to fuel the sentiments of Muslims.
    Some Muslims are not educated enough and do loose their patience. One need to remember that at the end of the day not all five fingers the same. One should not Judge Islam based on how Muslims react to their comments but they should judge Islam based on its true teachings which only advocate tolerance and peace in the society.

    Hope that answers your question.
    And Allah knows the best!
    Last edited by HabibUrrehman; 04-01-2020 at 09:48 PM.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Now we are talking about two different things.
    Our original topic was "Al Wala Wal Bara" which it appears now you have understood that concept. It is more related to our belief system and Tauheed (Oneness of Allah) - love for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah alone.

    The new topic which you have introduced is calling people to religion of Islam, Called "Dawah" which means to invite. Muslims do it because we have been ordered to do so in Quran. We know no prophets are going to come after Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and we also know that Allah has revealed the final message for entire humanity and has preserved it in the form of Quran and hadiths. Perhaps you should read the Quran at your own and look into the history of Quran. Is not it surprising that Quran is the only book which has been preserved for over 1400 years? Is it humanly possible? If not, who is preserving the Quran? Something for you to think about and do your research.

    Going back to our topic of "Dawah" - it is the duty of Muslims to spread the message of Islam to those who do not know about Islam and when we invite people to Islam we need to deliver that message with the best possible manner. We need to have true concern for non-Muslims and deliver the message with love. We need to understand that non-Muslims don't know what we know based on what has been revealed in the Quran in the form of authentic hadiths. So as a Dai' (person who calls others to Islam) I should be ready to hear derogatory comments from non-Muslims. This is where we need to exercise patience, following the Sunnah (way of prophet peace be upon him). We should ignore the hate, deliver the message with love and make dua (supplication) for non believers so that they can be guided to Islam. It is not an easy job because in the process we need to hear many ignorant comments from non-Muslims but it teaches us how to control our desires and be patience. It teaches us how to look after even those who hate Islam. It makes us better human beings with good moral character because having a good moral character is in itself an invitation to non-Muslims to spread the message of Islam.

    This again goes back to basic human nature. If we try to force our religion on others, they will not accept it. Its human nature and that's why in Islam we are forbidden to force our belief system on others. It is also human nature that we listen to someone who has true concern for us, who talks to us in a loving and respectful way. That's why Allah has ordered Muslims to convey the message of Islam with love and respectful way to others. It is also human nature that they hate when someone mocks their belief system. In return often, they start mocking Muslims. Its natural reaction and that's why Allah teaches us in Quran not to mock belief system of others.

    I hope this shows you a big picture of why we call others to Islam and why we ignore negative comments of non-Muslims when calling them to Islam. Our concern is to save our brothers and sisters in humanity from torture in an eternal life after death. Our goal is to give glad tidings to those who would accept Islam in the form of paradise in hereafter. Our goal is to bring humanity back to the only straight path (Islam) and remind them what their purpose is in life - to obey Allah and His messengers in this worldly life so that we can be saved in life after death.

    Hope that answers your question.
    And Allah knows the best!
    The title of my thread was a mistake. I edited it and it still didn’t change.
    Last edited by Hope1995; 04-01-2020 at 06:43 PM.

  14. #11
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,094
    Threads
    38
    Reputation
    1570
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    208
    Likes (Received)
    394

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1995 View Post
    The title of my thread was a mistake. I edited it and it still didn’t change.
    No worries, the main thing to discuss any questions which you have about Islam and give you satisfactory answers. Hope our answers helped you to understand these concepts and practices in Islam.

  15. #12
    Hope1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    88
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Al wala wal bara

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Now we are talking about two different things.
    Our original topic was "Al Wala Wal Bara" which it appears now you have understood that concept. It is more related to our belief system and Tauheed (Oneness of Allah) - love for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah alone.

    The new topic which you have introduced is calling people to religion of Islam, Called "Dawah" which means to invite. Muslims do it because we have been ordered to do so in Quran. We know no prophets are going to come after Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and we also know that Allah has revealed the final message for entire humanity and has preserved it in the form of Quran and hadiths. Perhaps you should read the Quran at your own and look into the history of Quran. Is not it surprising that Quran is the only book which has been preserved for over 1400 years? Is it humanly possible? If not, who is preserving the Quran? Something for you to think about and do your research.

    Going back to our topic of "Dawah" - it is the duty of Muslims to spread the message of Islam to those who do not know about Islam and when we invite people to Islam we need to deliver that message with the best possible manner. We need to have true concern for non-Muslims and deliver the message with love. We need to understand that non-Muslims don't know what we know based on what has been revealed in the Quran in the form of authentic hadiths. So as a Dai' (person who calls others to Islam) I should be ready to hear derogatory comments from non-Muslims. This is where we need to exercise patience, following the Sunnah (way of prophet peace be upon him). We should ignore the hate, deliver the message with love and make dua (supplication) for non believers so that they can be guided to Islam. It is not an easy job because in the process we need to hear many ignorant comments from non-Muslims but it teaches us how to control our desires and be patience. It teaches us how to look after even those who hate Islam. It makes us better human beings with good moral character because having a good moral character is in itself an invitation to non-Muslims to spread the message of Islam.

    This again goes back to basic human nature. If we try to force our religion on others, they will not accept it. Its human nature and that's why in Islam we are forbidden to force our belief system on others. It is also human nature that we listen to someone who has true concern for us, who talks to us in a loving and respectful way. That's why Allah has ordered Muslims to convey the message of Islam with love and respectful way to others. It is also human nature that they hate when someone mocks their belief system. In return often, they start mocking Muslims. Its natural reaction and that's why Allah teaches us in Quran not to mock belief system of others.

    I hope this shows you a big picture of why we call others to Islam and why we ignore negative comments of non-Muslims when calling them to Islam. Our concern is to save our brothers and sisters in humanity from torture in an eternal life after death. Our goal is to give glad tidings to those who would accept Islam in the form of paradise in hereafter. Our goal is to bring humanity back to the only straight path (Islam) and remind them what their purpose is in life - to obey Allah and His messengers in this worldly life so that we can be saved in life after death.

    Hope that answers your question.
    And Allah knows the best!
    Okay.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    No worries, the main thing to discuss any questions which you have about Islam and give you satisfactory answers. Hope our answers helped you to understand these concepts and practices in Islam.
    Yes, that’s true. I was wanting to talk about al wala wal bara and after that talk about this topic I changed it to. I realized my topic doesn’t match up so I tried changing it to be on topic. I thought too fast and didn’t think it over.


  16. Hide
Hey there! Al wala wal bara Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Al wala wal bara
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. The Sound Understanding of al-Walā wa'l-Barā - By Mufti Amjad
    By muslim brother in forum Seeking Knowledge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2018, 01:01 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 10:24 PM
  3. Ramadan: The Month of Wala’ and Bara’
    By Ummu Sufyaan in forum Fasting, Ramadhan & Eid ul-Fitr
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 07:17 AM
  4. Al-wala' Wal-bara' And The Declaration Of Faith
    By DaSangarTalib in forum Worship in Islam
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
  5. Al Wala Wal Bara??
    By Bint-Al-Islam in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create