× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Lost faith
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 127

Thread: Lost faith

  1. #1
    Array lost_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    19
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Lost faith (OP)


    Hi all. I am or was a Muslim but slowly and slowly feel like losing my faith. Why? How come Allah will send some people to heaven just cause of kalimah but a Jew or a Christian or atheist who spent their entire life in suffering to help others will go to hell?
    Doesn't make sense

  2. #61
    ChosenTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    115
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    443
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Re: Lost faith

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Are we really authorised to decide about them devoid of any evidence from kitab and sunnah...?
    {Quran 17:15}
    Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.

    For those who passed away before Allah sent his message to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), they will be exempted from punishment. For those who didn't get a chance to hear the message of Allah will be exempted, those who were misled and incorrectly taught about islam. All of them will be exempted from Allah's punishment on judgement day. However, the people who actually got a chance to research and chase after the truth but were unwilling will be judge differently by Allah.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by umie View Post
    you are asking the wrong questions bro.
    We are most certainly not authorized to decide about them...but we are not deciding anything.
    We are just discussing what might happen to those people and we use our logic and reasoning for it.
    Allah has not given us the power of reasoning for nothing...you can use that too besides Quran and sunnah.

    The only one who decides over their destiny is Allah of course...
    And to specifically highlight and add on to what you said. We don't have the license to say they are going to hell either. So its a nono from either way you think about it! @azc

    - - - Updated - - -

    And one more thing. You asked if we are authorised to decide for them if they are exempted from punishment based on evidence from kitab or sunnah. Now i ask you, is there any proof that shows that all non-believers are kuffar? or that they will be punished in hellfire?
    Last edited by ChosenTCO; 03-07-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    1 | Likes umie liked this post

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #62
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,262
    Threads
    277
    Reputation
    19706
    Rep Power
    30
    Likes (Given)
    657
    Likes (Received)
    1919

    Re: Lost faith

    Who am I to decide who are kuffar and who are not...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)
    Last edited by azc; 03-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Lost faith

    Allah (swt) knows best

  5. #63
    ChosenTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    115
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    443
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Do these people have no reasoning power to ponder over the existence of their Lord...?

    Suppose someone living in a remote area involves in any activity which is a crime according to law of the land he is unaware thereof.

    Will he be exonerated by the court for not knowing the law...?

    If we begin to drive the rulings based on our reasoning power, then this deen will become a toy that everyone will play with
    1) if that were the case with everyone then for sure there would have been no need for Prophets or messengers from Allah. You would see billions more of muslims around the world but reality tells us different. The world is too full of distractions and hardships that distracts us away from having these philosophical thoughts to ponder over. Some people cant even stop chasing after a single penny to feed their family with and improve their livelihood. Ofc The majority wont have time to think about these things.

    2) if these people are so isolated to the point that they have never heard of the government system then yes they should be exempted from the punishment of state law. else it would not be fair. Its even the goverment's responsibility to recognize each individual living over its land and establish status as authority for all of them, because if it didnt, then they shouldnt except or everyone to follow their law. Else it would be unjust of them to assume that they would.

  6. #64
    umie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    286
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1037
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    66
    Likes (Received)
    196

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Do these people have no reasoning power to ponder over the existence of their Lord...?
    Of course they have reasoning power...which they are using that there is something wrong with their religion...but that reasoning power is not enough to know about Islam and our messengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Suppose someone living in a remote area involves in any activity which is a crime according to law of the land he is unaware thereof.

    Will he be exonerated by the court for not knowing the law...?
    This is a slightly different situation. you cannot compare the court of law with the court of Allah.
    I got fined for driving through red traffic light a couple of years ago.
    In reality, I did not drive through red...I saw the light too late and braked and stopped behind the stop line. of course there was a sensor right there, so it took my photo, and I got fined. It was not my intention to drive through red, but still I had to pay for it, because law is law.

    If I would drive around with summer tyres in the Netherlands under winterish conditions, then there is nothing wrong with it...but if I cross the border into Germany...I would get a ticket for that...whether I know or not.


    Tell me, does Allah also work like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    If we begin to drive the rulings based on our reasoning power, then this deen will become a toy that everyone will play with
    Nobody is driving the rulings for anything...we are just discussing.
    why are you afraid to use your reasoning?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Do these people have no reasoning power to ponder over the existence of their Lord...?
    Of course they have reasoning power...which they are using that there is something wrong with their religion...but that reasoning power is not enough to know about Islam and our messengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Suppose someone living in a remote area involves in any activity which is a crime according to law of the land he is unaware thereof.

    Will he be exonerated by the court for not knowing the law...?
    This is a slightly different situation. you cannot compare the court of law with the court of Allah.
    I got fined for driving through red traffic light a couple of years ago.
    In reality, I did not drive through red...I saw the light too late and braked and stopped behind the stop line. of course there was a sensor right there, so it took my photo, and I got fined. It was not my intention to drive through red, but still I had to pay for it, because law is law.

    If I would drive around with summer tyres in the Netherlands under winterish conditions, then there is nothing wrong with it...but if I cross the border into Germany...I would get a ticket for that...whether I know or not.


    Tell me, does Allah also work like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    If we begin to drive the rulings based on our reasoning power, then this deen will become a toy that everyone will play with
    Nobody is driving the rulings for anything...we are just discussing.
    why are you afraid to use your reasoning?

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #65
    ChosenTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    115
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    443
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Who am I to decide who are kuffar and who are not...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)
    In my opinion this is a wrong analogy because to me, it is more logical that people would wipe over the sock than under. Think about it, how much of the impurity gets wipe off the bottom part of the sock while walking compared to the upper part? and even if you tell me that they wore slippers, then this would even make it more logical because the bottom part of the sock would be covered and the exposed part would be the one on top. ... i dont know bro but honestly, i still think its very logical to wipe on the upper part.
    Last edited by ChosenTCO; 03-07-2018 at 02:17 PM.

  9. #66
    umie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    286
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    1037
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    66
    Likes (Received)
    196

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Who am I to decide who are kuffar and who are not...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Ali (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:“If the religion were based on opinion, it would be more important to wipe [make masah on] the under part of the leather sock rather than the upper, however, I have seen Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wipe the upper part.”(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 163, At Talkhisul Habir, Hadith: 717)
    In all respect brother, you are mixing up things.

    this hadeeth is not about reasoning. without knowing this hadeeth and sunna, if you ask around "what is the best part of the foot to do mash on?" then you would get various answers because everyone would associate mash with "cleaning".

    however, that is NOT the message our Prophet sas wanted to give us on this matter. the mash is a symbolic cleaning of the foot and that is why he choose the upper part to do mash on.

    still very logical. this hadeeth does not say we are not allowed to use our logic and reasoning.

  10. #67
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,262
    Threads
    277
    Reputation
    19706
    Rep Power
    30
    Likes (Given)
    657
    Likes (Received)
    1919

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO View Post
    In my opinion this is a wrong analogy because to me, it is more logical that people would wipe over the sock than under. Think about it, how much of the impurity gets wipe off the bottom part of the sock while walking compared to the upper part? and even if you tell me that they wore slippers, then this would even make it more logical because the bottom part of the sock would be covered and the exposed part would be the one on top. ... i dont know bro but honestly, i still think its very logical to wipe on the upper part.
    Interesting...!

    You are criticizing Hz Ali ra...?

    Anyways,

    so you think all the people prior to advent of prophethood were not disbelievers..?

    And it is based on conjecture..?

    Or any evidence..?

    So all the mushrikin of makka of that period who didn't know what shirk was, were included in believers...?

    - - - Updated - - -
    @umie:

    Where we have no evidence in Quran and sunnah, I can't drive the rulings as its related to ability of ijtihad which none of us has.

    You are not discussing the issue rather passing a ruling about them and declaring them among the believers without any fear and you don't realize what you are doing. It's misuse of reasoning power.

  11. #68
    ChosenTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    115
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    443
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    Interesting...!

    You are criticizing Hz Ali ra...?

    Anyways,

    so you think all the people prior to advent of prophethood were not disbelievers..?

    And it is based on conjecture..?

    Or any evidence..?

    So all the mushrikin of makka of that period who didn't know what shirk was, were included in believers...?

    - - - Updated - - -
    @umie:

    Where we have no evidence in Quran and sunnah, I can't drive the rulings as its related to ability of ijtihad which none of us has.

    You are not discussing the issue rather passing a ruling about them and declaring them among the believers without any fear and you don't realize what you are doing. It's misuse of reasoning power.
    Just because i disagree with one conclusion that Hz Ali (RA) came to doesn't mean that i am criticizing him or disagree with what he stands for or him as a whole! My thought process simply got me to a conclusion that is different from his, and if you could point out to me where my logic fails, i would be more than willing to accept his statement as the one thats more correct. But if you are asking me to give a cold shoulder towards my intellect and critical thinking then im sorry but i will never do that! Because it is that which Allah allowed me to stay on his path with, and it is through it i was able to learn more about islam.

    And yes, i do think that the people who passed away prior to islam are NOT disbelievers. Why? because in order for them to disbelieve in islam, they must first be presented with islam for them to either believe in it or disbelieve. Now i ask you, what is the conjecture about that? where does my logic fail in this?

    Mushrikin, they were. No arguing about that. But when u ask if they're included in believers, i would say ofc not ... nor are they included with the disbelievers! Because they werent represented with islam to believe or disbelieve in it in the first place. The only thing that these people knew was the religion of their parents and grandparents which was polytheism, and it is that which they believed in. Doesnt make them Kuffar. Doesnt make them evil or deserving of hellfire. They are only people who died before the message of islam reached them.
    2 | Likes czgibson, cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  12. #69
    SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    http://www.islamicboard.com/
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    52
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    87
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    141
    Likes (Received)
    27

    Re: Lost faith

    AsSalamu 'Alaykum



    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    I long for my faith and it seems as though I'll never get it back. I used to be a very very pious person but slowly lost it. I feel lost and alone.
    It happens sometimes,brother, you just don't need to worry.
    I tell you this because ,once , I have experienced the same.
    I was once a very strong believer, then suddenly lost my faith,had many doubts,etc , but then later, it returned with more strength. Now I feel stronger than earlier. And now understand that my doubts were not something worth losing my faith in Allah.
    May Allah increase your Iman as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    Iman that achieved through reasoning is far far stronger than by believing just because.
    I can agree with that.
    I think it is better to reason and understand than being a donkey carrying books it can't read.
    But just think about it, Akhi , I don't think that your doubt is not something worth feeling lost and even changing your religious status. If you have a doubt, just clearing it is enough.
    If you did not understand, just wait till you get it.



    My brothers,I think it was not right to treat him like a pure kaafir and asking to change his religious status.
    Everybody gets doubts. This person,I think, has come here to clear his doubt.

    I think it is better to answer and clear his doubts calmly,if you know the answer.

    I am not touching the topic since it is beyond the scope of my knowledge.


    But,I opinion that
    this is true:

    Quote Originally Posted by umie View Post
    I am sorry to hear this. Hope you will gain your faith back soon inshaallah.
    You are forgetting your purpose why you are on Earth. Your purpose is to pass a test. The test is about believing in our one and only God or not. you can do great things on earth (And you will be rewarded greatly for your efforts, here on earth or temporarily in thehereafter...but if you do not believe in God or reject Islam, then you will not pass the test. your eventual destiny will be Hell.
    :
    :
    :
    :

    And Allah knows best.


    May Allah Guide you and clear your doubts and increase your Iman, @lost_one .

    (Sorry if I got anyone wrong or hurt anyone or if I did/said something wrong.Please correct me if I am wrong.I just expressed my opinion.)

    Salaam.
    S.H.O
    1 | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #70
    Umm Malik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    525
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    2311
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    385
    Likes (Received)
    426

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    Hi all. I am or was a Muslim but slowly and slowly feel like losing my faith. Why? How come Allah will send some people to heaven just cause of kalimah but a Jew or a Christian or atheist who spent their entire life in suffering to help others will go to hell?
    Doesn't make sense
    BRother .. its allahs right he told us what he love and what won't forgive us "if we die doing it " it just one thing
    allah tell us that I can easily forgive anything except if you associate partners with me and you die with it
    Brother all of us will get reminders and if they don't accept it then they harm them own self
    You too should think about how remuch reminders comes to you from allah and even your question here is one of guidance massage and chance .
    So try to obey allah and do your best to pleased him and at that time this question will answer him self because the relationship with allah will proof you one day after another that allah is the truth and he is worthy to worship
    And for example if you tell your brother my brother do anything you want but please don't do this I won't forgive you ... how generous you are at that time and how foolish will be your brother after that if he let everything and do that specific thing.
    May allah guide you brother
    Ameeen
    Last edited by Umm Malik; 03-07-2018 at 10:02 PM.

  15. #71
    Zzz_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    467
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    1044
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    190
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    And that's exactly what's wrong. Doesn't anyone think that something is wrong with this? So many genuinely good people go to hell where as a Muslim who JUST HAPPENED to be born in a Muslim household goes to heaven?
    You get to go to heaven since you're born in a Muslim family and not because you made the world a better place? And vice versa Others don't?
    And it was God's decision to put you in a Muslim household. How is this fair?
    What you are failing to understand is the right of the owner. If you had a house and you allowed guests in your house. As a master of the house you can set your house rules as you deem fit and set rewards and punishment for those who obey or break those rules.

    All of creation is Allah's domain. He has set rules for the benefit of mankind and sent Messengers as guide to help mankind. It is only befitting He rewards those who put the effort into obeying the rules and punish those who violates them.

    You said so many good people go to hell. They maybe good to other people but they transgress against the Creator by denying Him His right of acknowledgement and worship. Who could be more unjust and unkind? how is such a person good?

    Allah made paradise for the believers. But He is also a Just God, so those who do good deeds will get their rewards for it, be it Muslims or kuffar. With kuffars, they will have their reward in this world and none in the Hereafter. I don't know why peole complain when it's a lot easier to move up in the Herafter by following rules and guidelines already given. It's lot easier to work towards getting a higher status, all the wealth, ladies and power over there then in this world. So much corruption, back kissing, "networking" and still you get no where.

    And no, Muslims don't go to heaven just by being born Muslims. They still have to work for it and will still be judged. Those whose sins are heavier then deeds will go to hell.

    If God wanted, He could've made everyone a believer. But where is the free choice in that? He gave us a choice and the message of truth. Now either we accept it or deny it, it's up to us. There are billions born in non-Muslim homes. But look at how many thousands find their way back to Islam. It's not hard if one is actually looking for truth and guidance.

    ----

    It is part of the justice of Allaah that He does not punish any people until He has first sent a warning to them and unless there is evidence against them. Allaah does not treat anybody unfairly. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [al-Israa’ 17:15].

    A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection. [so you see, everyone gets a fair chance! ]

    https://islamqa.info/en/1244

    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO View Post
    All kuffar will go to hell. The question is, are all non-muslims considered kuffar? The answer is, no they are not all kuffar.
    For someone to be a kafir he first has to acknowledge that islam is the true religion of Allah, then still refuses to accept it. This is what defines a kafir.
    What about the non-believers who never heard of islam or even heard about it but was deterred away by the outward look that most westerners have about islam? Are those considered kuffar. The answer is no they are not considered kuffar, therefore even non believers still have a chance to earn Allah's mercy and enter jannah by His grace.
    your logic is incorrect. By definition a believer is one who believes. Logically and by definition it stands to reason anyone who doesn't believe is by default a non-believer. And in Arabic we have Muslim (believer) and kuffar (disbeliever). Now there are different levels of each. A believer can be a believer by shahadah only and has no other knowledge or a momin. By the same token a disbeliever can be an ignorant person of Islam or one who knows and willfully rejects Islam. Each is at a different level.

  16. #72
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,262
    Threads
    277
    Reputation
    19706
    Rep Power
    30
    Likes (Given)
    657
    Likes (Received)
    1919

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO View Post
    Just because i disagree with one conclusion that Hz Ali (RA) came to doesn't mean that i am criticizing him or disagree with what he stands for or him as a whole! My thought process simply got me to a conclusion that is different from his, and if you could point out to me where my logic fails, i would be more than willing to accept his statement as the one thats more correct. But if you are asking me to give a cold shoulder towards my intellect and critical thinking then im sorry but i will never do that! Because it is that which Allah allowed me to stay on his path with, and it is through it i was able to learn more about islam.And yes, i do think that the people who passed away prior to islam are NOT disbelievers. Why? because in order for them to disbelieve in islam, they must first be presented with islam for them to either believe in it or disbelieve. Now i ask you, what is the conjecture about that? where does my logic fail in this?Mushrikin, they were. No arguing about that. But when u ask if they're included in believers, i would say ofc not ... nor are they included with the disbelievers! Because they werent represented with islam to believe or disbelieve in it in the first place. The only thing that these people knew was the religion of their parents and grandparents which was polytheism, and it is that which they believed in. Doesnt make them Kuffar. Doesnt make them evil or deserving of hellfire. They are only people who died before the message of islam reached them.
    https://islamqa.info/en/47170
    Lost faith

    Allah (swt) knows best

  17. #73
    Zafran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth -UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,626
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    12572
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    995
    Likes (Received)
    480

    Re: Lost faith

    I'll Just add - Nobody knows who is going to Heaven and Hell. We believe Allah swt is Merciful and through his grace is going to let people enter in to heaven who glorify Him and follow the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and all the previous prophets.

    Focus on yourself and your nearest and dearest and leave the rest to Allah swt.

    PS - it has nothing to do with being born in a Muslim family or not but on peoples actions and beliefs that only Allah swt knows.
    2 | Likes ChosenTCO, cinnamonrolls1 liked this post
    Lost faith

    Do you think the pious don't sin?

    They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

  18. #74
    ChosenTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    115
    Threads
    9
    Reputation
    443
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzz_ View Post
    your logic is incorrect. By definition a believer is one who believes. Logically and by definition it stands to reason anyone who doesn't believe is by default a non-believer. And in Arabic we have Muslim (believer) and kuffar (disbeliever). Now there are different levels of each. A believer can be a believer by shahadah only and has no other knowledge or a momin. By the same token a disbeliever can be an ignorant person of Islam or one who knows and willfully rejects Islam. Each is at a different level.
    Just before i start, I just want to say that i deeply respect your opinion, but i assure you that it is incorrect (specifically your definitions of a believer and disbeliever). I am an arab and an arabic speaker myself. So its safe to say i have a very decent understanding of the language in general. And when it comes to specifics, i can easily research on a matter and conclude whether a word means that which the research claims or not.

    1) "Logically and by definition it stands to reason anyone who doesn't believe is by default a non-believer." This is a logical fallacy in of itself (blackorwhite fallacy)
    2) "
    Muslim=(believer)" ... That is incorrect. A muslim is a person who submits to Allah & his message but doesnt necessarily believes in it. A mu'men on the other hand IS a believer. PROOF=> (Quran 49:14)

    The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

    The words which bedouins used is "amanaa" (we believed) and Allah (AWJ) said "You have not become mu'menoon (believers) instead you have become muslimoon (submitters
    )"

    By azc's claim and many on this thread, if a person is not a believer (aka mu'men) he is a disbeliever, (and according to the verse above, even if he says the kalima, he is still not yet a believer.) ... he
    is worthy of going to hell fire. What im saying is that this is wrong.
    This also negates your other statement about shahada. "A believer can be a believer by shahadah only and has no other knowledge or a momin."

    3) "kuffar=(disbeliever)" The second point and my previous posts here have already refuted this but i will further explain as needed. The origin of a state of kuffr is a state of acknowledgement. Kuffr linguistically means to cover or to veil, so basically that which you are committing an act of kuffr uppon has to exist (or be acknowledge in the case of intangible things such as belief) in order for an act of kuffr to be committed on it. So when you tell me that people who passed away prior to islam are kuffar then i say this doesnt even make sense. Its just like saying a bull is either milked or unmilked ... BUT ITS A BULL. get what im trying to say?
    @azc in response to your link ... here is another link that refutes it.
    http://ahlussunnahwaljamah.blogspot.ae/2008/03/another-lie-of-islamqa.html

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzz_ View Post
    your logic is incorrect. By definition a believer is one who believes. Logically and by definition it stands to reason anyone who doesn't believe is by default a non-believer. And in Arabic we have Muslim (believer) and kuffar (disbeliever). Now there are different levels of each. A believer can be a believer by shahadah only and has no other knowledge or a momin. By the same token a disbeliever can be an ignorant person of Islam or one who knows and willfully rejects Islam. Each is at a different level.
    Just before i start, I just want to say that i deeply respect your opinion, but i assure you that it is incorrect (specifically your definitions of a believer and disbeliever). I am an arab and an arabic speaker myself. So its safe to say i have a very decent understanding of the language in general. And when it comes to specifics, i can easily research on a matter and conclude whether a word means that which the research claims or not.

    1) "Logically and by definition it stands to reason anyone who doesn't believe is by default a non-believer." This is a logical fallacy in of itself (blackorwhite fallacy)
    2) "
    Muslim=(believer)" ... That is incorrect. A muslim is a person who submits to Allah & his message but doesnt necessarily believes in it. A mu'men on the other hand IS a believer. PROOF=> (Quran 49:14)

    The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

    The words which bedouins used is "amanaa" (we believed) and Allah (AWJ) said "You have not become mu'menoon (believers) instead you have become muslimoon (submitters
    )"

    By azc's claim and many on this thread, if a person is not a believer (aka mu'men) he is a disbeliever, (and according to the verse above, even if he says the kalima, he is still not yet a believer.) ... he
    is worthy of going to hell fire. What im saying is that this is wrong.
    This also negates your other statement about shahada. "A believer can be a believer by shahadah only and has no other knowledge or a momin."

    3) "kuffar=(disbeliever)" The second point and my previous posts here have already refuted this but i will further explain as needed. The origin of a state of kuffr is a state of acknowledgement. Kuffr linguistically means to cover or to veil, so basically that which you are committing an act of kuffr uppon has to exist (or be acknowledge in the case of intangible things such as belief) in order for an act of kuffr to be committed on it. So when you tell me that people who passed away prior to islam are kuffar then i say this doesnt even make sense. Its just like saying a bull is either milked or unmilked ... BUT ITS A BULL. get what im trying to say?
    @azc in response to your link ... here is another link that refutes it.
    http://ahlussunnahwaljamah.blogspot.ae/2008/03/another-lie-of-islamqa.html
    2 | Likes umie, cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #75
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5,262
    Threads
    277
    Reputation
    19706
    Rep Power
    30
    Likes (Given)
    657
    Likes (Received)
    1919

    Re: Lost faith

    Brother,

    I can't imagine that the parents of prophet s.a.w can be in hell.

    But when even this issue is disputed among scholars then how you can confirm of people of makka as people of heaven without any evidence.

    As far as people of fitrah are concerned they might be among believers provided that they followed the religion of any past prophet and didn't commit shirk.

    But after the advent of prophethood it's not applied to those who are unaware of Islam as we've no evidence of them being exempted from hellfire.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:

    Never delve into matters that do not concern you.

    (Rawdatul ‘Uqala of Imam Ibn Hibban (rahimahullah), pg.82-83)

  21. #76
    SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    http://www.islamicboard.com/
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    52
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    87
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    141
    Likes (Received)
    27

    Re: Lost faith

    AsSalamu 'Alaykum


    This is from the Tafseer of Holy Qur'an 2:62 in Tafsir Ibn-Kathir


    AL3gW5W.png



    mRvaELQ.png



    Veuh721.png



    continued in the next post......................
    1 | Likes umie liked this post

  22. #77
    SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    http://www.islamicboard.com/
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    52
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    87
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    141
    Likes (Received)
    27

    Re: Lost faith

    ............continuation:



    WB2Lu2p.png

    (END)




    From Tafsir Ibn Kathir by Darussalam Publishers and Distributors
    UxTyfAu.png




    Thought it would help.


    Salaam
    S.H.O
    1 | Likes umie liked this post

  23. #78
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,118
    Threads
    53
    Reputation
    1716
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    1347
    Likes (Received)
    591

    Re: Lost faith

    Quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO View Post
    All kuffar will go to hell. The question is, are all non-muslims considered kuffar? The answer is, no they are not all kuffar.
    For someone to be a kafir he first has to acknowledge that islam is the true religion of Allah, then still refuses to accept it. This is what defines a kafir.
    What about the non-believers who never heard of islam or even heard about it but was deterred away by the outward look that most westerners have about islam? Are those considered kuffar. The answer is no they are not considered kuffar, therefore even non believers still have a chance to earn Allah's mercy and enter jannah by His grace.

    If you speak arabic and understand the language, here are few videos that explain the definition of what true kufr really means ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoqYEI_mD4U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGWZ6aVCaQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchizAe_4Ew

    - - - Updated - - -



    All kuffar will go to hell. The question is, are all non-muslims considered kuffar? The answer is, no they are not all kuffar.
    For someone to be a kafir he first has to acknowledge that islam is the true religion of Allah, then still refuses to accept it. This is what defines a kafir.
    What about the non-believers who never heard of islam or even heard about it but was deterred away by the outward look that most westerners have about islam? Are those considered kuffar. The answer is no they are not considered kuffar, therefore even non believers still have a chance to earn Allah's mercy and enter jannah by His grace.

    If you speak arabic and understand the language, here are few videos that explain the definition of what true kufr really means ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoqYEI_mD4U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGWZ6aVCaQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchizAe_4Ew
    Is that shaykh sharaawy i see? My arabics not too great but iv seen some of his subbed vids, such an intelligent man allahi ra7mo.

  24. #79
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    499
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    765
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    308
    Lost faith

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #80
    sabah11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Re: Lost faith

    Some people have to much time and acting like 3uluma.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oohhh, I forgot saying that the people you may concern with, maybe become muslims and you a disbeliever.....
    1 | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  27. Hide
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Hey there! Lost faith Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Lost faith
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Lost, lacking in faith, used to have immense faith
    By ceylincemal in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-16-2017, 07:00 AM
  2. Losing Faith - No... I mean lost it already
    By lostman in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 06:32 AM
  3. ive lost faith in islam
    By tasha>farah in forum New Muslims
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
  4. Lost Faith
    By anonymous in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
  5. Questions about lost faith
    By tunisianeyes in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create