× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hoorain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Procedure of talaq

    Report bad ads?

    As salamu alaykum to all muslims.. I am new muslim and I have knowledge about nikkah but i have no knowledge about talaq... what is the procedure of talaq if someone wants after nikkah ????

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Studentofdeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    621
    Threads
    141
    Reputation
    2469
    Rep Power
    13
    Likes (Given)
    346
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Sister its a pretty big issue. And talq is something not to be taking lightly unless in present of abuse. A man can give Talaq and a wife has to be take a khula meaning it has to be approved or etc through judge. Allah knows best. But stay away from divorce unless necessary or abuse. Anyone who gives divorce for no reason or stupid reason will be judged not lightly by Allah

  4. #3
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    689
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    2333
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    159
    Likes (Received)
    379

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed View Post
    Sister its a pretty big issue. And talq is something not to be taking lightly unless in present of abuse. A man can give Talaq and a wife has to be take a khula meaning it has to be approved or etc through judge. Allah knows best. But stay away from divorce unless necessary or abuse. Anyone who gives divorce for no reason or stupid reason will be judged not lightly by Allah
    Asalaamualykum:

    The Sister never say she is going to get divorced, she is asking the question from a knowledge point.
    Procedure of talaq

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  5. #4
    Studentofdeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    621
    Threads
    141
    Reputation
    2469
    Rep Power
    13
    Likes (Given)
    346
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Asalaamualykum:

    The Sister never say she is going to get divorced, she is asking the question from a knowledge point.
    Of course I know but I want to inform her and implant the idea that its not a light issue. Many people think its a light issue and throw divroce like a used napkin. Its heavy issue with heavy consequences. Which is why I'm highlighting it and emphasizing it

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    689
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    2333
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    159
    Likes (Received)
    379

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Yes but what she asked was out of a lack of knowledge, you introducing a non-issue. Had she indicated of a possibility or probability then fine. Anyway she never even indicate that it is a light issue so there is no need.

    What you done there was spoke down to her for simply just asking a question. Do you think those type of answers will even encourage someone to ask a question again?
    Procedure of talaq

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  8. #6
    Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    689
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    2333
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    159
    Likes (Received)
    379

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoorain View Post
    As salamu alaykum to all muslims.. I am new muslim and I have knowledge about nikkah but i have no knowledge about talaq... what is the procedure of talaq if someone wants after nikkah ????
    Asalaamaualaykum : Its a good question.

    Islam doesn't have a rigid procedure to the process of Talaq but the Quran & Hadith do indicate a general guideline to how it is best to do it in the event.

    The general guideline to the process is to avoid giving the Talaq to the point that it is irrevocable in haste. Rather it is encouraged to give the Talaq in stages. The wisdom here is that with each stage of each Talaq, the couple will have time to reflect and ponder within themselves as to whether its best for them. This does not mean that an immediate irrevocable Talaq is invalid, but what it does mean that it is discouraged.

    This topic of Talaq is a red flag topic in Islam whereby many people don't know the difference between Validity against what is encouraged/discouraged.

    It will be merely impossible for any one person to explain the entire issue to you in one single post as it has many different valid opinions. It will be memorising if anyone could take into account all opinions in the topic and roll it out in one post on this website - So you would have to probably read all the posts concerning this topic and inshAllah speak to an Aaalim/Aalima for even more clarification.

    One of the reasons that it is a long elasticated topic is because the difference of opinions lay both in the
    A) Validity / Invalidity of the Talaq.
    B) What is encouraged /discouraged in method and procedure.

    It is a very interesting Topic to research from an academical point.

    Happy reading and learning.

    Signed: Zoro
    Procedure of talaq

    Dark Side Of The Moon

  9. #7
    Studentofdeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    621
    Threads
    141
    Reputation
    2469
    Rep Power
    13
    Likes (Given)
    346
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Re: Procedure of talaq

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Yes but what she asked was out of a lack of knowledge, you introducing a non-issue. Had she indicated of a possibility or probability then fine. Anyway she never even indicate that it is a light issue so there is no need.

    What you done there was spoke down to her for simply just asking a question. Do you think those type of answers will even encourage someone to ask a question again?
    I apologize sister. It was not my intention to speak down on anyone or you. Divorce is a heavy issue which why I may have spoken harshly. Normally it is thrown around. People do not understand. But people need to understand that its a big issue which means highlighting the problems. Of course there is nothing wrong with asking about it but I am got worried in case it should be done in the wrong way. Anyways I apologize. I have seen too many lives destroyed because of it


  10. Hide
Hey there! Procedure of talaq Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Procedure of talaq
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. ghusl procedure
    By markq in forum New Muslims
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 03:52 PM
  2. Procedure/rules for Qaza Salat
    By ahmed_84 in forum Prayer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 11:49 PM
  3. Salaah procedure
    By Mogamad_Riyadh in forum Prayer
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create