× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27 visibility 1074
  1. #1
    brightness_1
    Full Member
    Array SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    325
    Threads
    43
    Reputation
    1114
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Ratio
    35
    Likes Ratio
    72

    Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute (OP)


    Bismillah-

    Alhamdulillah!

    A thread to post about our Learnings from our trials over years that brought relief whether for short time or pure relief from trials .Let it benefit your Muslim brothers & sisters,InshAllah!


    #1- Don't lose tawakkul as those who trust Him gets the brightest days in dunya&hereafter both.

  2. #21
    Flos's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    6
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    76

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani View Post
    Thank you so much for reminding me of this.It is another lesson i wanted to mention.Be careful what you wish for.How you make the duaa.I always made duaa to Allah to make me love Him and to make me from those whom He loves.But i didnt know that smth like this doesnt come in one second.In order for me to reach that level i need huge iman,and i need to go through harsh tests and trials like gold in the furnace,i need to be purified.

    And yes you are right about everything else.Ive noticed it too.And all the hardships and tests are for our own good.

    Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
    ‘When a person does not have enough good deeds to reach a certain level in Jannah, but Allah Ta’ala wants him to attain that level, then Allah Ta’ala tests him and puts him through difficult trials so that Allah may make him reach that level (in Jannah)’
    (Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 2908)
    Oh about love for Allah. I'm always scared to say it out loud no matter how I feel. We get so many trials. Allah is so jealous and needs proofs of what we're saying.

    But once I said to Allah - I can't hold this feeling for myself anymore. Please don't test me, I know I can never fulfill my duties... So I started saying it. More than that, While taking shower I write I <3 Allah on a cabin's glass. After some time, many months later, I was going through something (depression) and as depressed person I said something like "no one loves me". That day I went to a shower cabin and on opposite side I found finger - written I <3 (My name) - and I live alone

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you Revert alYunani;



    In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

    A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

    Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

    In the spirit of taking the risk to put all our trust in Allah.
    Eric
    Wow, great story! Do you still have cancer?

    And yeah, I make duas until I feel the exact peace you're talking about. It's beautiful
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Quote Quote

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    Eric H's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,622
    Threads
    31
    Rep Power
    125
    Rep Ratio
    142
    Likes Ratio
    79

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    Greetings and peace be with you Flos,

    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    Wow, great story! Do you still have cancer?
    I discharged myself from the hospital after about a year or so. I am now 71, so I know I am going to die from something in the not too distant future. It might or might not be cancer, that is in the hands of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    And yeah, I make duas until I feel the exact peace you're talking about. It's beautiful
    The peace that can only come from God is beyond our understanding. It is a peace that in our own hearts, we know we should not really be experiencing; rather we should be feeling worry anxiety and fear.

    May Allah bless you on your journey.
    Eric.
    | Likes Flos liked this post
    Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    Quote Quote

  5. #23
    Revert alYunani's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    198
    Threads
    9
    Rep Power
    2
    Rep Ratio
    20
    Likes Ratio
    81

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you Revert alYunani;



    In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

    A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

    Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

    In the spirit of taking the risk to put all our trust in Allah.
    Eric
    Thank you for sharing your story with me Eric.I long for the day when you will be muslim.I cant wait for it.You are a step away from heaven,i cant wait for you to take that step.
    God is God,wether you are a christian or hindu,buddist,pagan,etc,remember the devil was already a sinner when he asked Allah to give him time,and Allah gave him time.Prayer that is directed to God is never unheard.Keep being patient and fighting,and there will be way more reasons to be thankful,i assure you of that.
    You are not taking any risk to put all your trust in Allah.Whether this is the best choice you have to put your trust in.
    And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.
    Quran 65:3


    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    That day I went to a shower cabin and on opposite side I found finger - written I <3 (My name) - and I live alone
    wow wow im i understanding wrong or?...So you always write in the shower cabin I love Allah but that day you went to the cabin and found 'I love (your name)'??? and you live alone but it wasnt you who wrote it?? is this what im understanding?

    Dont worry about people loving you.I totally understand how you feel because i have had very hard childhood and especially my teen years were full of depression,anxiety and humiliation.I have tried to kill myself when i was 8 years old lol.And then when i became muslim not even my family loved me.But trust me when i say this,all you need is the love of Allah,thats all you need.You know the hadith,if Allah loves you He will cause the angels and people on earth to love you.This is something i see it myself.Since I stop caring who loves me or who doesnt love me,and my relationship with Allah comes first,everybody loves me lol.The more i feel im going closer to Allah and i feel my iman increase,the more people love me.I have brothers who tell me they get happy when they see me,they feel good just by seeing me.And i am a bad muslim,imagine if i was the kind that Allah loves.Be the kind of muslim that Allah loves and everybody would love you,but you wont even be in need of their love.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Quote Quote

  6. #24
    Flos's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    6
    Rep Power
    1
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    76

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    Quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani View Post
    wow wow im i understanding wrong or?...So you always write in the shower cabin I love Allah but that day you went to the cabin and found 'I love (your name)'??? and you live alone but it wasnt you who wrote it?? is this what im understanding?
    Yes, you understood it correctly



    Quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani View Post
    Dont worry about people loving you.I totally understand how you feel because i have had very hard childhood and especially my teen years were full of depression,anxiety and humiliation.I have tried to kill myself when i was 8 years old lol.And then when i became muslim not even my family loved me.But trust me when i say this,all you need is the love of Allah,thats all you need.You know the hadith,if Allah loves you He will cause the angels and people on earth to love you.This is something i see it myself.Since I stop caring who loves me or who doesnt love me,and my relationship with Allah comes first,everybody loves me lol.The more i feel im going closer to Allah and i feel my iman increase,the more people love me.I have brothers who tell me they get happy when they see me,they feel good just by seeing me.And i am a bad muslim,imagine if i was the kind that Allah loves.Be the kind of muslim that Allah loves and everybody would love you,but you wont even be in need of their love.
    It was just state of my depression mind about not being loved. I know what you mean... When I healed depression I've seen things differently. I wasn't really loved, but the waswasas made me believe it.
    Yeah, when Allah loves you then everyone does. I see it with children, animals and so many ppl told me I'm a lovable person. It's so amazing. I'm also not so good Muslimah and I can't imagine what my life would be if I were. Allah is so generous.
    Quote Quote

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    325
    Threads
    43
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Ratio
    35
    Likes Ratio
    72

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    Quote Originally Posted by Flos View Post
    Oh about love for Allah. I'm always scared to say it out loud no matter how I feel. We get so many trials. Allah is so jealous and needs proofs of what we're saying.
    Haha,yrs ago I used to post miraculous kinda stuff on Twitter about my life & I got tonnes of trials afterwards,tonnes!Each&everything collided-& that's because ALLAH needs proofs!


    It's better to not proclaim it aloud as in Surah Ankaboot:2

    "Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: “We believe,” and will not be tested."


    Claim love of Allah & meet trials!

    Oh Allah-please let us live&die upon Your Love♡
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Quote Quote

  9. #26
    SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    325
    Threads
    43
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Ratio
    35
    Likes Ratio
    72

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    #3-I feel hopeful in my trials to see other muslim bros& sisters in similar situations & same kinda good dreams.I feel hopeful when they say we got outta trials & got blessed with beautiful rewards!

    Alhamdulillah he Rabbil Aalameen!
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Quote Quote

  10. #27
    SoldierAmatUllah's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    325
    Threads
    43
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Ratio
    35
    Likes Ratio
    72

    Re: Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute

    #5- ALLAH is Most Forgiving,so do tawba,good deeds&don't lose hope of forgiveness &mess up your deeds with bad thoughts about ALLAH!
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Quote Quote


  11. Hide
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Hey there! Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Lessons Learnt from Trials -Please Contribute
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 07:59 AM
  2. IB's own - Together we shall write - Come and contribute.
    By ConcealedGem in forum Creative Writing & Art
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2016, 09:20 AM
  3. Who is there to contribute?
    By real islam in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:36 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
  5. something i just learnt...
    By niler in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create