× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 645

Englishman Revert

  1. #1
    English's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Englishman Revert

    Report bad ads?

    Hi guys, a bit of background info on myself. I am a white English man and was christened in the 80s as a baby into the church of England. I am from a working class background and have always been proud to be English. The older I get the more I am drawn to Islam and the more it seems like the one true religion to me. I am still reading and discovering every day and any guidance that you can offer would be much appreciated.

    I like to think that one day I can and will revert but the issue I have is that I don't want to lose my national identify. I don't speak Arabic and I have no connections to the culture of majority Muslim countries. My language and culture is English/ British and I would like to think that I can keep my cultural identity.

    My question is , is this possible to be both English (white) and Muslim at the same time with neither being compromised as a result?

    Thanks in advance
    chat Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,335
    Threads
    453
    Rep Power
    113
    Rep Ratio
    66
    Likes Ratio
    38

    Re: Englishman Revert

    format_quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Hi guys, a bit of background info on myself. I am a white English man and was christened in the 80s as a baby into the church of England. I am from a working class background and have always been proud to be English. The older I get the more I am drawn to Islam and the more it seems like the one true religion to me. I am still reading and discovering every day and any guidance that you can offer would be much appreciated.

    I like to think that one day I can and will revert but the issue I have is that I don't want to lose my national identify. I don't speak Arabic and I have no connections to the culture of majority Muslim countries. My language and culture is English/ British and I would like to think that I can keep my cultural identity.

    My question is , is this possible to be both English (white) and Muslim at the same time with neither being compromised as a result?

    Thanks in advance
    Greetings,

    I can assure you that accepting Islam does not mean foregoing one's national identity and culture. What Islam does bring to our life is a real purpose and structured way of life to live and abide by. Just because the majority of Muslims are in the East then it does not mean that Islam is a religion for brown people. Islam is a religion for the whole of mankind as Allah describes in the Qur'an. In fact more white people in the West particularly women are reverting to Islam than any other religion. Allah purposely created us in different races so that we may recognise each other and each have a unique identity:

    Allah says: "O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous1 of you. Indeed, Allāh is Knowing and Aware." (Qur'an 49:13)

    However, Islam does not believe in borders and nationalism. Culture is absolutely fine in Islam as long as it does not go against the commands of Allah. For example, we are not to celebrate the events of the disbelievers, nor are we are to eat that which is forbidden for us, nor partake in intoxicants and visit those places where intoxicants and other evils are taking place. However, we must continue to maintain ties of kinship and good relations with our non-Muslim immediate family members and especially parents and treat them even better than we did prior to becoming Muslims. This is a command from Allah:

    “And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years __ give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience.” [Luqmaan 31:14, 15].

    There are many famous White revert Muslims with a media platform such as Abdul Raheem Green, Yusuf Estes, Sheikh Abdul Hakeem Murad (Dr Timothy Winter) and many more. So, you do not have anything to worry about in this regard.

    In the meantime, feel free to look through our resources to learn more about Islam:

    Free E Books and Resources on Islam

    Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

    If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask us.
    Last edited by Hamza Asadullah; 5 Days Ago at 02:27 AM.
    | Likes English liked this post
    Englishman Revert

    How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

    https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

    How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

    https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

    10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

    https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

    https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

  4. #3
    English's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Englishman Revert

    format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well Jesus was not white. White religions would be "The Old Way" ancient Norse gods, Greeks and Romans pagan gods and all the gods of Northern Westerners and Slavs. Why is Europe Christian? Well I read that Charlemagne king of the Franks a pagan was tossing up what new religion to choose, Islam or Christianity. He chose Christianity because he liked the festivals but maybe it was really because he could rule with divine right through Jesus Christ. So the kings of Europe ruled as Christians but they never changed from being barbaric pagans at heart. If Jesus was a pacifist and the USA and Europe profess to be Christian then why are they always warmongering?
    By the way are you trying to convert to Islam so you can get involved with a cute little Asian Muslim girl? Seems to be all the rage lately. I remember reading that a minister said that "God made whites and God made blacks but Satan made the mongrels". That was in the 1800s probably not politically correct today. And Golda Meir said "Miscegenation is worse than Holocaust". So why is the Jewish media promoting race mixing so much today? It must be a weapon like feminism but this one cannot be reversed.
    I'm not interested in colour or norse "gods" . It doesn't matter to me it Jesus was white black brown or yellow.
    chat Quote

  5. #4
    English's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3
    Threads
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    2
    Likes Ratio
    0

    Re: Englishman Revert

    format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah View Post
    Greetings,

    I can assure you that accepting Islam does not mean foregoing one's national identity and culture. What Islam does bring to our life is a real purpose and structured way of life to live and abide by. Just because the majority of Muslims are in the East then it does not mean that Islam is a religion for brown people. Islam is a religion for the whole of mankind as Allah describes in the Qur'an. In fact more white people in the West particularly women are reverting to Islam than any other religion. Allah purposely created us in different races so that we may recognise each other and each have a unique identity:

    Allah says: "O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allāh is the most righteous1 of you. Indeed, Allāh is Knowing and Aware." (Qur'an 49:13)

    However Islam does not believe in borders and nationalism. Culture is absolutely fine as long as it does not go against the commands of Allah. For example we are not to celebrate the events of the disbelievers and we are not to eat that which is forbidden nor partake in intoxicants and be present in those places where intoxicants and other evils are taking place. However we must continue to maintain ties of kinship and good relations with our non Muslim immediate family members and especially parents and treat them even better than we did prior to becoming Muslims. This is a command from Allah:

    “And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years __ give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination.

    15. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience”[Luqmaan 31:14, 15].

    There are many famous White revert Muslims with a platform such as Abdul Raheem Green and Sheikh Abdul Hakeem Murad (Dr Timothy Winter) and many more. So you do not have anything to worry about in this regard.

    In the meantime feel free to look through our resources to learn more about Islam:

    Free E Books & Resources on Islam

    Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

    If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask us.
    Thank you for your reply . Just to be clear race and colour is not an issue for me. My question was regarding giving up nation identity. I don't feel as though I have much in common with the local pakistani community for example based on their culture which is alien to me . I am aware that how Pakistanis follow Islam might be different to how people in say Saudi Arabia or Iran or Qatar follow Islam.

    I am draw to Islam as I feel the message is more clear and that the morals and principles and standards are more in line with my own . Modern Britain as well as the modern West in general seems to of lost its moral compass . I see satanic forces at play everywhere from the media to government and pop culture . Islam seems more pure and righteous to me and that's is part of the reason I have been studying Islam more
    chat Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ümit's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,162
    Threads
    12
    Rep Power
    35
    Rep Ratio
    45
    Likes Ratio
    58

    Re: Englishman Revert

    format_quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Thank you for your reply . Just to be clear race and colour is not an issue for me. My question was regarding giving up nation identity. I don't feel as though I have much in common with the local pakistani community for example based on their culture which is alien to me . I am aware that how Pakistanis follow Islam might be different to how people in say Saudi Arabia or Iran or Qatar follow Islam.

    I am draw to Islam as I feel the message is more clear and that the morals and principles and standards are more in line with my own . Modern Britain as well as the modern West in general seems to of lost its moral compass . I see satanic forces at play everywhere from the media to government and pop culture . Islam seems more pure and righteous to me and that's is part of the reason I have been studying Islam more
    Well it really depends on how you define your "nation identity"
    I mean Islaam does not care where someone comes from. You can still be English as much as you want to be.
    But some habits need to change for example.
    • you should leave pork and bacon
    • cannot have a beer with your friends
    • Days like thanksgiving, eastern and christmas should be like normal day
    chat Quote

  8. #6
    anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,797
    Threads
    47
    Rep Power
    94
    Rep Ratio
    31
    Likes Ratio
    58

    Re: Englishman Revert

    Salam English. Welcome to the forum. Yes ofcourse you can keep your national idendity and be muslim at the same time. Islam doesnt require one to change or leave his national idendity. Only thing to keep in mind you shouldnt make it a way of discrimination. I mean for example you shouldnt think that you are superior to non-english people or you shouldnt isolate yourself from non-english Muslims. Islam is a religion of brotherhood and union. All Muslims are considered one nation. We call it ummah.
    | Likes - Qatada -, English liked this post
    Englishman Revert

    “Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi
    chat Quote


  9. Hide
Hey there! Englishman Revert Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Englishman Revert
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. New revert
    By praisetoallah in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 02:49 PM
  2. Almost a revert
    By slave4Him in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-09-2017, 07:59 PM
  3. I know this isn't a 'new revert' but...
    By Strzelecki in forum New Muslims
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:59 AM
  4. Revert UK
    By MARTYR in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
  5. New Revert! :)
    By Strzelecki in forum General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create