× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    ShortIrishLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Hello

    Report bad ads?

    Hello all...

    I have been away from the religion for a while. Been wandering all over the place fighting with myself and my faith and not practicing. Been a long time since I’ve prayed. This board seems to have much more info and updated more regularly.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    taha_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    477
    Threads
    33
    Reputation
    732
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortIrishLady View Post
    Hello all...

    I have been away from the religion for a while. Been wandering all over the place fighting with myself and my faith and not practicing. Been a long time since I’ve prayed. This board seems to have much more info and updated more regularly.
    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu sister

    Try to not ignore your religion. If we ignore it. It is our loss. We need to look after it just as we look after our parents.

    Allah knows best

    JazakAllah khair
    Hello

    Please don't rep me or like my posts


    I beg Allah peace for us and for you.

  4. #3
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,768
    Threads
    215
    Reputation
    8434
    Rep Power
    35
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    993

    Re: Hello

    Asalamu alaikum

    Your first step would be to reconnect with the Quran and Salah. We pray guide us to the straight path multiple times in our Salah throughout the day.

    May Allah bless you and make easy for you to turn back to him
    Hello

    Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

  5. #4
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    798
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    1208
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    273

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortIrishLady View Post
    Hello all...

    I have been away from the religion for a while. Been wandering all over the place fighting with myself and my faith and not practicing. Been a long time since I’ve prayed. This board seems to have much more info and updated more regularly.
    Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister,
    Welcome to the forum. Seems like you need company of good Muslim friends who can continuously remind you the value of acquiring knowledge and putting Islamic teachings into practice. Connect with some sisters on the forum if you don't have company of any good friends. Visit the forum regularly and feel free to share what you know or ask questions so that we can help each other in learning Islam and reminding each other to stay on the right track. It is easier for Satan to attack and misguide a lone Muslim but it becomes harder for Satan to misguide a Muslim who is surrounded by many good Muslims.

    It is never too late. Let's change from this moment onward. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala becomes very happy when a slave turns back to Him. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
    Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks of Me when he remembers Me.' By Allah! Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than one of you who unexpectedly finds in the desert his lost camel. 'He who comes closer to Me one span, I come closer to him a cubit; and he who comes closer to Me a cubit, I come closer to him a fathom; and if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

    May Allah help us to stay on the straight path and make it easy for us to follow the teachings of Islam. Ameen!

    Ma'aSalam

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    ShortIrishLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister,
    Welcome to the forum. Seems like you need company of good Muslim friends who can continuously remind you the value of acquiring knowledge and putting Islamic teachings into practice. Connect with some sisters on the forum if you don't have company of any good friends. Visit the forum regularly and feel free to share what you know or ask questions so that we can help each other in learning Islam and reminding each other to stay on the right track. It is easier for Satan to attack and misguide a lone Muslim but it becomes harder for Satan to misguide a Muslim who is surrounded by many good Muslims.

    It is never too late. Let's change from this moment onward. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala becomes very happy when a slave turns back to Him. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

    May Allah help us to stay on the straight path and make it easy for us to follow the teachings of Islam. Ameen!

    Ma'aSalam
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    thank you. Yes that is the problem. I have no sister here to check in with or to help me. That’s why I went searching for a message forum. Maybe someone to exchange emails with. Preferably an American who is familiar with our way of life. God willing.

  8. #6
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    798
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    1208
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    273

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortIrishLady View Post
    thank you. Yes that is the problem. I have no sister here to check in with or to help me. That’s why I went searching for a message forum. Maybe someone to exchange emails with. Preferably an American who is familiar with our way of life. God willing.
    @BeTheChange @*charisma* @bint e aisha @Flawed @lailathemuslim @Umm Malik @Desert

    I may have missed some other sisters. I think it will be nice to connect to our sister @ShortIrishLady and be her online Muslim buddies.
    Mean while sister, try to find local mosques and see if you can connect with some good Muslimas locally so that you can have more face to face interaction. May Allah make it easy for you and reward everyone who will help sister to get back on track. Ameen!
    Ma'aSalaam

  9. #7
    ShortIrishLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    @BeTheChange @*charisma* @bint e aisha @Flawed @lailathemuslim @Umm Malik @Desert

    I may have missed some other sisters. I think it will be nice to connect to our sister @ShortIrishLady and be her online Muslim buddies.
    Mean while sister, try to find local mosques and see if you can connect with some good Muslimas locally so that you can have more face to face interaction. May Allah make it easy for you and reward everyone who will help sister to get back on track. Ameen!
    Ma'aSalaam
    thank you. there is one masjid local, I seriously have been trying to get in touch with someone at this place several times over a period of years. They do not answer any emails I’ve sent and I even called one time and someone answered speaking another language then hung up on me. True story.

  10. #8
    HabibUrrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    798
    Threads
    34
    Reputation
    1208
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    273

    Re: Hello

    Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister,

    Does your local mosque have a separate room to pray for sisters? If so, just go there to pray.
    If you don't know, may be look up on the internet. If there is no website for the mosque then go and visit the mosque. I am sure there will be a separate room for sisters to pray.
    Introduce yourself to sisters and tell them that you came to the masjid because you need company of good Muslim friends.

    May Allah bless you with the company of good and righteous Muslim friends soon. Ameen!
    Ma'aSalaam

  11. #9
    ShortIrishLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Hello

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister,

    Does your local mosque have a separate room to pray for sisters? If so, just go there to pray.
    If you don't know, may be look up on the internet. If there is no website for the mosque then go and visit the mosque. I am sure there will be a separate room for sisters to pray.
    Introduce yourself to sisters and tell them that you came to the masjid because you need company of good Muslim friends.

    May Allah bless you with the company of good and righteous Muslim friends soon. Ameen!
    Ma'aSalaam
    i wouldn’t know what they have sadly. They never respond to my emails, do not answer their phone return calls and I’ve been hung up on.


  12. Hide
Hey there! Hello Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create