× Register Login What's New! Contact us
I reverted to Islam tonight
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Array Holly3278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tornado Alley, USA
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    295
    Rep Power
    71

    I reverted to Islam tonight (OP)


    Hey everyone. I reverted to Islam tonight!
    6 | Likes Muslim Woman, Muhaba, Bushwackk, Jewel, YusufNoor, وجی liked this post

  2. #21
    Holly3278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tornado Alley, USA
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    295
    Rep Power
    71
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Report bad ads?

    I am a little surprised that nobody has provided answers to my objections. I am waiting if anyone wants to provide answers.

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    AabiruSabeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,617
    Threads
    338
    Reputation
    118370
    Rep Power
    145
    Likes (Given)
    1203
    Likes (Received)
    3768

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Just so you know, I shortened your quote so it wouldn't take up too much room.

    Here are the problems I have with Islam.

    1. Offensive Jihad.
    2. The denial of the Crucifixion of Jesus despite abundant historical evidence to the contrary.
    3. The fact that Muhammad was deceived by Satan into allowing veneration of false idols but then corrected by Gabriel. It shows how easily he was deceived at one time and could be at another.
    4. The violent nature of Muhammad's revelations which resembles epilepsy or demonic possession rather than Divine Revelation.
    5. Muhammad's marriage and consummation of marriage to Aisha when she was a child.

    And there are others too but they don't come to mind right now.
    The forum isn't as active as it used to be earlier so the delay in response is as expected.

    The objections that you have posted aren't new. They are simply misunderstandings and have been clarified here over and over again.


    Please see the following posts, they provide you with links to most of the previous discussions.
    http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1542964

    The Invalidity of the Crucifixion of Jesus
    http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ificixion.html
    The Crucifixion and the Quran

    http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1550555

    http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1542401



    Please visit this thread to find out more links: Index of useful threads
    I reverted to Islam tonight

    عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه : ـ
    مَن كانَ مُسْتَنًّا ، فَلْيَسْتَنَّ بمن قد ماتَ ، فإنَّ الحيَّ لا تُؤمَنُ عليه الفِتْنَةُ ، أولئك أصحابُ محمد - صلى الله عليه وسلم - ، كانوا أفضلَ هذه الأمة : أبرَّها قلوبًا ، وأعمقَها علمًا ، وأقلَّها تكلُّفًا ، اختارهم الله لصحبة نبيِّه ، ولإقامة دِينه ، فاعرِفوا لهم فضلَهم ، واتبعُوهم على أثرهم ، وتمسَّكوا بما استَطَعْتُم من أخلاقِهم وسيَرِهم ، فإنهم كانوا على الهُدَى المستقيم
    رواه ابن عبد البر في "جامع بيان العلم وفضله" (2/947ـ رقم 1810) ـ
    ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood said: “Whoever wants to follow a path, let him follow the path of one who has died, for the living are not safe from fitnah. I mean the Companions of Muhammad . They were the best of this ummah: the purest in heart, the deepest in knowledge and the most straightforward. Allah chose them to accompany His Prophet and establish His religion, so recognise their status and follow in their footsteps and adhere as much as you can to their example of conduct and attitude, for they followed true guidance.” [Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in Jaami‘ Bayaan al-‘Ilm wa Fadluhu, 2/947, no. 1810]

  5. #23
    Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on a Journey...
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,817
    Threads
    203
    Reputation
    119801
    Rep Power
    151
    Likes (Given)
    427
    Likes (Received)
    3037

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Well, the two doubts I had were concerning the Trinity and the Bible. I thought the Bible had been corrupted but it has not. There are only 0.5% errors in the Bible that crept in over time and they are only spelling and punctuation or missing word type of errors. But the fact is that there are so many other early manuscripts that the correct reading can easily be discerned by comparing an erring manuscript to one with no errors. I should also mention that none of the errors affect the teaching of the Bible. In fact, the Bible is a more reliable document than any other ancient documents.

    As for the Trinity, my belief in the Trinity was restored when my belief in the Bible was restored.
    Holly, the Bible contains far more than 'spelling and punctuation' type of errors. Entire books of the Bible have been thrown out of certain versions. Verses have been taken out (by Christian scholars) and then re-inserted later on. If the correct reading could so easily be discerned, there wouldn't be so many versions of the Bible today. And let us be clear that a book containing '0.5%' errors is still corrupted. The Qur'an does not contain even a single error, manifest by the fact that you don't even need to fish for early manuscripts - they are all exactly the same!

    The following make it obvious that the Bible is certainly corrupted:




    An interesting story:
    One night at farmer's market....!

    If you're still in doubt, just take this simple Bible quiz and see what you score:
    http://exchristian.net/3/
    I reverted to Islam tonight




  6. #24
    Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on a Journey...
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,817
    Threads
    203
    Reputation
    119801
    Rep Power
    151
    Likes (Given)
    427
    Likes (Received)
    3037

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Another video for you:

    I reverted to Islam tonight




  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    Muhammad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on a Journey...
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,817
    Threads
    203
    Reputation
    119801
    Rep Power
    151
    Likes (Given)
    427
    Likes (Received)
    3037

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Here are the problems I have with Islam.

    1. Offensive Jihad.
    Please see:

    I reverted to Islam tonight




  9. #26
    Holly3278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tornado Alley, USA
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    41
    Threads
    15
    Reputation
    295
    Rep Power
    71
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Thank you for your help, Muhammad, moderator.

  10. #27
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,429
    Threads
    154
    Reputation
    51075
    Rep Power
    94
    Likes (Given)
    2797
    Likes (Received)
    4709

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. And I know that its not a joke. I wasn't taking it as a joke. It's just that I could not fully believe in Islam. I thought I was convinced but I was not 100% convinced and I still had doubts.
    One day, a young non-Muslim man came to an ustadz (Islamic teacher) and told that he wanted to become Muslim. But the ustadz told him "Think again. You can go home now and back after you sure with your decision".

    Few weeks later this young man came again and said the he has thought and decide to accept Islam. But instead of guide him to say shahada, the ustadz asked him to learn more about Islam under guidance of this ustadz. Finally, after learned Islam for long time enough, this young man said "I am ready to embrace Islam". So the ustadz guide him to say shahada, and this young man became a new Muslim.

    This is the true story of a new Muslim in my place.

    Okay, notice the story. When this young man told in the first time that he wanted to become Muslim, the ustadz asked him to think again. It's because decision to accept Islam should be taken by someone who already 100% sure. And when this young man came again, the ustadz taught him about Islam. It's to make him understand Islam and not doubt when finally he decide to embrace Islam.

    Holly, I am not angry with your decision to leave Islam after you said shahada. I understand that this is because you were in confusion when you said shahada. This is what could be happen if someone was too fast to make decision to convert to Islam without thinking long. That's why the ustadz in my story told that young man to think again before decide to embrace Islam.

    Don't worry, you are still accepted in the forum. You can learn more about Islam here. If in the future you want to, and convinced to become Muslim, In Shaa Allah, we will help you. But if you are not interested to embrace Islam, ..... it's okay. There is no compulsion to accept Islam.

    Of course, I still must tell you that Islam is the only right religion, because this is my duty. Yes, my duty as Muslim is tell the truth about Islam without compel anyone to accept Islam.


  11. #28
    Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,449
    Threads
    173
    Reputation
    152324
    Rep Power
    136
    Likes (Given)
    1148
    Likes (Received)
    3304

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Well, the two doubts I had were concerning the Trinity and the Bible. I thought the Bible had been corrupted but it has not. There are only 0.5% errors in the Bible that crept in over time and they are only spelling and punctuation or missing word type of errors. But the fact is that there are so many other early manuscripts that the correct reading can easily be discerned by comparing an erring manuscript to one with no errors. I should also mention that none of the errors affect the teaching of the Bible. In fact, the Bible is a more reliable document than any other ancient documents.

    As for the Trinity, my belief in the Trinity was restored when my belief in the Bible was restored.
    Holly, there are over 70 different versions of the Bible, with some even differing in doctrine, differing in the core beliefs of Christianity, and only one Qur'an, no versions.

    Even Christian scholars admit the Bible has been changed over the years. And that much of it is the word of humans, not the word of God as revealed to Jesus (peace be upon him).

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    But the fact is that there are so many other early manuscripts that the correct reading can easily be discerned by comparing an erring manuscript to one with no errors.
    Dr. J.K. Elliott, of the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at Leeds University, wrote an article published in The Times, London (10th Sept., 1987) entitled “Checking the Bible’s Roots”. In it, he stated that: “More than 5,000 manuscripts contain all or part of the New Testament in its original language. These range in date from the second century up to the invention of printing. It has been estimated that no two agree in all particulars. Inevitably, all handwritten documents are liable to contain accidental errors in copying. However, in living theological works it is not surprising that deliberate changes were introduced to avoid or alter statements that the copyist found unsound. There was also a tendency for copyists to add explanatory glosses. Deliberate changes are more likely to have been introduced at an early stage before the canonical status of the New Testament was established.”

    The author went on to explain that “no one manuscript contains the original, unaltered text in its entirety,” and that, “one cannot select any one of these manuscripts and rely exclusively on its text as if it contained the monopoly the original words of the original authors.”

    The same principles of analysis which were applied to Bible manuscripts by Bible scholars and which exposed the flaws and changes, have been applied to Qur’aanic manuscripts gathered from around the world. Ancient manuscripts found in the Library of Congress in Washington, the Chester Beatty Museum in Dublin, Ireland, the London Museum, as well as Museums in Tashkent, Turkey and Egypt, from all periods of Islamic history, have been compared. The result of all such studies confirm that there has not been any change in the text from its original writing. For example, the “Institute fur Koranforschung” of the University of Munich, Germany, collected and collated over 42,000 complete or incomplete copies of the Qur’aan. After some fifty years of study, they reported that in terms of differences between the various copies, there were no variants, except occasional mistakes of copyists, which could easily be ascertained. The institute was destroyed by American bombs during the Second World War.

    So, 5,000 manuscripts of the Bible, and no two of them agree, 42,000 manuscripts of the Qur'an and they are all basically the same. Glory be to Allah alone, that is a part of the miracle of the Qur'an, that it's unchanged, the same, and fully preserved.

    Which book, is the reliable, unchanged book? The Qur'an. It contains the true message of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), the same message that all the prophets of God preached.

    I hope you have been able to watch some of the videos posted earlier, and read some of the links provided. Have they helped in clarifying your misconception?

    Peace.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 08-16-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    I reverted to Islam tonight


    Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").


    This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)


    Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)

  12. #29
    h-n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    627
    Threads
    97
    Reputation
    1553
    Rep Power
    52
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    44

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Holly3278,

    Thank-you for demonstrating that you choice is driven by what others may think, rather then being accepted by God Almighty. (All questions have been answered)

    This is why Muslims are successful as they were loyal to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him regardless of persecution from the idol worshippers.

    This is why the Christians have failed, as they FEARED the authorities rather then standing by the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him (excuses of no fighting is acceptable, as they still did not do anything to help, and stand by him). IF you couldn't fight for the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him -then you HAVE NO RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

    Do you think you can use own sources such as hadiths against us?? If we had issues, then surely we would have kept them hidden.

    Ayesha reached puberty, if you have any problems, and you say that you speak in a more favourable light for Ayesha-then please tell us all here were do you think Ayesha is going to? Heaven or Hell??? No matter, you can see her on the Day of Judgement.

    How do you know how revelations come to the Prophets, and what is normal? Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him never accepted idols.

    We don't deny the act of crucifying happened-but they thought they had killed Prophet Jesus peace be upon him but they did not, Allah is the best of planners, the Christians say that no flesh is in heaven, well Prophet Adam peace be upon him's body was created in heaven, and the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him is not going to get another body made for him.

    Muslims are allowed to fight those who fight them. Its certainly better then bombing civilians in many countries.

    We accept the teachings of all the Prophets, that they worshipped the one God, believed in the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell.

    Archangel Gabriel never calls himself a child of God, he is a servant of God, as are all the Muslims.

    Idol worships is looking towards anyone who is not the one God that includes people. Christianity is idol worship.
    I reverted to Islam tonight

    "Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth." Quran , Surah Baqarah 2:255

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #30
    Woodrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Grant County, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    17,222
    Threads
    244
    Reputation
    163070
    Rep Power
    175
    Likes (Given)
    177
    Likes (Received)
    690

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Just so you know, I shortened your quote so it wouldn't take up too much room.

    Here are the problems I have with Islam.

    1. Offensive Jihad.
    2. The denial of the Crucifixion of Jesus despite abundant historical evidence to the contrary.
    3. The fact that Muhammad was deceived by Satan into allowing veneration of false idols but then corrected by Gabriel. It shows how easily he was deceived at one time and could be at another.
    4. The violent nature of Muhammad's revelations which resembles epilepsy or demonic possession rather than Divine Revelation.
    5. Muhammad's marriage and consummation of marriage to Aisha when she was a child.

    And there are others too but they don't come to mind right now.
    These are very common misconceptions. Quite often used on anti-Islamic sites. any one of these could easily be a thread by itself.

    But some quick answers:

    1. Offensive Jihad:

    The term does not exist in Islam. Jihad means struggle or effort. Not "Holy War" as many think Holy war in Arabic is "harbun muqaddasatu." a term that does not exist in the Qur'an.

    There are several forms of Jihad

    Jihad-e-Akbar
    which is the Greater Jihad we all face, the jihad against our inner vices

    Jihad ash-Shaytaan Our struggles against Shaytan and the evils of this dunya

    Jihad-e-Kabir Which is a Major Jihad and of 3 types

    Verbal-Which consists of doing our best to spread the truth about Islam

    Jihad ahlu ath-Thulm-Which is the struggle against evil, injustice and innovations. Often this is within Islam itself against those who would bring innovations into our worship it is almost always verbal it can be physical if it requires the overthrowing of a tyrannical leader.

    Jihad al-Kuffar- Which is the struggle against disbelief and hypocrisy it is ussually fought with words but can be fought with our wealth, such as supporting the printing of literature that corrects the errors, It can be fought with our hearts, standing firm agains the falicies or with our souls remaining Muslim even under threat

    The final form of Jihad is:

    Jihad-e-Asghar Struggle of the lowest order

    Military Jihad: When physical defense is required and only under strict guidelines

    2. Denial of the Crucifixion:

    Contrary to popular belief there is no physical evidence it ever occurred. In fact the historical record does not even support Jesus(as) ever existed. The most common used proof "Josephus" has been proven false countless times.

    We believe Jesus(as) existed because the Qur'an tells us he does. We do believe somebody was crucified and those present believed it was Jesus(as). But we know it was not and Jesus was lifted to heaven alive and did not die on the cross.

    3. Muhammad(saws) never allowed veneration of idols.

    4. There is no evidence any of the revelation resembled seizures etc. Very few took place in the cave. Many of the revelations took place while Muhammad(saws) was speaking to crowds.

    5. the only thing we know for certain about Aisha is that she was physically mature at the time the marriage was consummated.

    Short answers, just hope they pique your desire to search farther. Any one of your 5 doubts could be a lengthy thread on it's own
    I reverted to Islam tonight




  15. #31
    MarlaJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    19
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Mashallah! Welcome to Islam Have a great journey to Islam.

  16. #32
    naba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    53
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    192
    Rep Power
    26
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    MashaAllah.welcome to islam.please pray for all of us.May Allah grant you success in this world and hereafter.Ameen.and give thanks to Allah all the time for showing you right path because Allah in ch 3 v 85 of Quran says no religion besides islam is acceptable to Allah and anyone chooses religion besides islam will be one of the loosers in hereafter.Allah u Akbar.

  17. #33
    fatimataybia46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    25
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    106
    Rep Power
    26
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Re: I reverted to Islam tonight

    Mashallah. That is very good news.

  18. Hide
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Hey there! I reverted to Islam tonight Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I reverted to Islam tonight
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create