× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 77 visibility 14489

OSLO terrorist attack

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OSLO terrorist attack

Report bad ads?

Anders Behring Breivik Identified As Suspect In Norway Shooting

sANDERSBEHRINGBREIVIKlarge 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

Get World Alerts
    Submit this story
    digg reddit stumble

The 32-year-old Norwegian man who allegedly went on a shooting spree on the island of Utoya has been identified as Anders Behring Breivik, according to multiple reports.
    The Daily Mail and Sky News were among those to report the suspect's name. According to witnesses, the gunman was dressed as a police officer and gunned down young people as they ran for their lives at a youth camp.
    Police said Friday evening that they've linked the youth camp shooting and Oslo bombing. Breivik is believed to have acted alone.
    Norwegian TV2 reports that Breivik belongs to "ring-wing circles" in Oslo. Swedish news site Expressen adds that he has been known to write to right-wing forums in Norway, is a self-described nationalist and has also written a number of posts critical of Islam.
    A Twitter account for Breivik has surfaced, though it only has one post, this quote from philosopher John Stuart Mill: "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests." The tweet was posted on July 17.
    On a Facebook account that Norwegian media outlets have attributed to Breivik, he describes himself as having Christian, conservative views. He says he enjoys hunting, the games World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare 2, and lives in Oslo. He also lists political analysis and stock analysis as interests.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...l1%7C%7C219823
    OSLO terrorist attack

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Christian conservative bombing in Oslo

and after a day florid with Islamists/extremists/fundamentalist, 'Al Qaeda' this and that and their solidarity against those Muslim Barbarians, not so much a retraction.. I was wondering when the next thing would happen to deflect from all the crap going on to their preferred scape goat.. and what do you know.. I am not reading about christian nutters.. just reading 'Anders Behring Breivik'
    OSLO terrorist attack

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OSLO terrorist attack

Just caught this on the news. Let us all see this as a Horrible act and just as that. It makes no difference what religion a terrorist is. all terrorists are the same and have no religion no matter what they call themselves.

Norway ripped by Oslo bomb, youth camp shootings

OSLO, Norway (AP) — Norway's peace was shattered twice Friday when a bomb ripped open buildings in the heart of its government and a man dressed as a police officer gunned down youths at a summer camp. Police linked one Norwegian to both attacks, which killed a total of at least 16 people in this nation's worst violence since World War II.

Police said they did not know the motive or whether the attacks were the work of one person or a terrorist group, but Justice Minister Knut Storberget said the man who opened fire at the youth camp is Norwegian.

Hundreds of youths ran in terror at a camp on Utoya island where the prime minister had been scheduled to speak Saturday. Some even tried swimming to safety as the gunman fired.

A 15-year-old camper named Elise said she heard gunshots, but then saw a police officer and thought she was safe. Then he started shooting people right before her eyes.

"I saw many dead people," said Elise, whose father, Vidar Myhre, didn't want her to disclose her last name. "He first shot people on the island. Afterward he started shooting people in the water."

Elise said she hid behind the same rock that the killer was standing on. "I could hear his breathing from the top of the rock," she said.

She said it was impossible to say how many minutes passed while she was waiting for him to stop.

The shooting occurred after the bombing in Oslo, Norway's capital and the city where the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded. The blast left a square covered in twisted metal, shattered glass and documents expelled from surrounding buildings in a dust-fogged scene that reminded one visitor from New York of Sept. 11.

Ian Dutton, who was in a nearby hotel, said people "just covered in rubble" were walking through "a fog of debris."

"It wasn't any sort of a panic," he said, "It was really just people in disbelief and shock, especially in a such as safe and open country as Norway. You don't even think something like that is possible."

Police said seven people died in the Oslo blast, and another 9 or 10 people were killed at the camp, which was organized by the youth wing of the ruling Labor Party. Rescuers were to search to blast wreckage through the night for more victims, and Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said police fear there could be more victims at the camp as well.

Elise, the young camper, said she believes she saw more than 10 people killed.
    SOURCE

Also check this link http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_18536149?source=rss
    OSLO terrorist attack

Herman 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

May Ayob's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: OSLO terrorist attack

Salaam
    I watched this on News yesterday.
    It's terrible especially when some people use Religion to express their hatred towards the society.

May God have Mercy on us all

Salaam
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Christian conservative bombing in Oslo

pls. send to world's affairs is possible..
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is funny that no headline read Christian, fundie, extremist when that was exactly what the Muslim hating terrorist was.. but every media outlet was quick to pepper every news brief with anti-Muslim rhetoric!
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    It is funny that no headline read Christian, fundie, extremist when that was exactly what the Muslim hating terrorist was.. but every media outlet was quick to pepper every news brief with anti-Muslim rhetoric!

I agree. But, I do see a small step was made in the right direction. At least some papers did mention he was Christian. Normally if the perpetrator is not Muslim, the faith is not mentioned. Perhaps some people are finally waking up that either the news must mention the religion of every criminal or never mention it. Maybe some will see that terrorists use the name of any religion.
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think a bunch of Masonists are sitting on top dictating pushing the next button, doing the devils work and preparing the world for satanist God's descent!
    I don't believe most of the stuff out there, but it is certainly amusing to watch, a handful of people on top while the entire world at large is suffering..

OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What a sad horrible incident. I hope the guy gets a life sentence at least. My deepest condolences to all the victims and their families.

Terrorists are terrorists irrespective of their religion.
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 07-23-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: nothing
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Islamaphobes got a beating.

Look at this joke of a newspaper -

2aenf2s 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

Someone's going to get fired or atleast an apology.
    OSLO terrorist attack

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    The Islamaphobes got a beating.

Look at this joke of a newspaper -

2aenf2s 1 - OSLO terrorist attack

Someone's going to get fired or atleast an apology.
    That is pretty much how it was here too, with their rabid media whor es out, and when his identity was revealed, they were still at it with their fulsome references.. He's a christian terrorist by the way which begs the question or two, why the title of this thread was changed and why a hungry media refused to call it what it is?
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a terrible tragedy. I can't begin to understand what those involved went through, or what their friends and relatives are going though. They have my deepest sympathies.

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post

That is pretty much how it was here too, with their rabid media whor es out, and when his identity was revealed, they were still at it with their fulsome references.. He's a christian terrorist by the way which begs the question or two, why the title of this thread was changed and why a hungry media refused to call it what it is?
    I merged your thread with this one, which is called 'Oslo Terrorist Attack'. When merging one thread with a second, the title of the second automatically becomes the title of the new merged thread.

The points about the media are spot-on.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

Yesterday, I read many comments on various websites claiming that Muslims were behind the attack. It shows people are quick to blame Muslims even though there is no evidence to support their allegations.

The man disguised as a police officer is still a suspect. He has not been convicted of a criminal offence. So he is still innocent. I will not comment further until there is more information.
    OSLO terrorist attack

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post
    Yesterday, I read many comments on various websites claiming that Muslims were behind the attack. It shows people are quick to blame Muslims even though there is no evidence to support their allegations.
    It's not a unique phenomenon, certainly in regard of the UK. When the principal terrorist threat was from Irish Republicans, they were initially blamed even for the (rare) incidents when somebody else was responsible. Frankly, nobody cared much. You are quite right is saying that that is wrong, but in the real world I don't see any way of avoiding it. It's no different from the 'other side'. No evidence was seemingly needed to trumpet allegations that Israel was responsible for the 'assassination' of the Iranian 'nuclear scientist' - then, oops, it turns out he wasn't a nuclear scientist at all.

What I just don't 'get' is how this lunatic was able to shoot so many. That awful number seems like something out of a Rambo movie, not real-life. Unbelievably sad.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Maryan0's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why would he target kids? I read that He shot the kids at the youth camp one at a time point blank.
    Salam
    chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The police took over an hour to turn up, I think because of the explosion that took place their attention was focused else where.

I heard on the news that he did this attack because he was disturbed by the growing number of Muslims in Europe and wanted to preserve "christingdom europe"
    Last edited by Salahudeen; 07-24-2011 at 05:23 AM.
    OSLO terrorist attack

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

Grace Seeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Just caught this on the news. Let us all see this as a Horrible act and just as that. It makes no difference what religion a terrorist is. all terrorists are the same and have no religion no matter what they call themselves.

</p>
    I agree that a terrorist is a terrorist no matter what religion. But we kid ourselves if we think that misguided people won't pervert religion for their own reasons. If what has been reported thus far proves to be true, it appears that this many, like Timothy McVeigh before him (another supposed Christian fundamentalist), has done just that.

I like your statement that "all terrorists are the same and have no religion no matter what they call themselves." And yet, I sadly note how many who commit these dispicable acts see themselves as acting in the name of some sort of religion. And even more striking, how often they seem to be found among the more conservative forms of the various religions with which they identify. This leads me to ask if perhaps your statement does not go far enough? Obviously acts of terror done in the name of religion have been around for centuries -- the Inquisition comes to mind -- and no religion has proved itself immune from these perversions. (And of course, any faith that is worthy of respect would rightly decry these acts as not being representative of the faith.) But I'm trying to recall if ever it was the case that such henious acts were perpertrated by those that would be considered "liberal" with respect to their religious views?
    chat Quote

Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam Alaikkum

We all know that no religion teaches to hurt even an animal, so even if he is Christian we cannot spread this news or complain why Christianity is not attached.

It is pure personal action and religion is not to be blamed. I used to get upset also when they blame Muslims about bombing and all and get mad when a Christian do horrible things and religion is not takin into account, I dont like to be one of them who blames the religion, that is harram and I should avoid.

Since today morning I have different view, in future when someone asks me about JIHAD, I would remember inshallah to say that JIHAD is also teaching of JESUS:

Luke 19:27 Jesus said "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them–bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”
    OSLO terrorist attack

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - OSLO terrorist attack
    chat Quote

ابن آل مرة's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This sick, christian, Masonic, far right extremist terrorist deserves none less than a horrible death penalty,which obviously won't happen since Norway abolished death penalty back in 1905. But how will most ignorant brainwashed fools will relate to this man? "A lone, madman with mental problems" This terrorist attack was no doubt politically motivated. The attack was on a rally which was against Islamophobia, and this terrorist had enough of his people betraying on his country. How dare they support Combating-Islamophobia?!

The media was already at it in few minutes, and the so called "experts on terrorism" were running around barking like wild dogs saying its Muslims! da*mn them! Another terrorist attack by those terrorists! When they found out it was done by their own kind, they were disappointed of course. How can it be from their own kind? No jackpot for us today, go home everyone, 92 killed by a non-Muslim, so no party tonight.

So the people of Norway tasted a little bit of what goes on in Afghanistan, Filisteen, Iraq on daily basis. Not that I am saying they deserved it.
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker View Post
    </p>
    I agree that a terrorist is a terrorist no matter what religion. But we kid ourselves if we think that misguided people won't pervert religion for their own reasons. If what has been reported thus far proves to be true, it appears that this many, like Timothy McVeigh before him (another supposed Christian fundamentalist), has done just that.

I like your statement that "all terrorists are the same and have no religion no matter what they call themselves." And yet, I sadly note how many who commit these dispicable acts see themselves as acting in the name of some sort of religion. And even more striking, how often they seem to be found among the more conservative forms of the various religions with which they identify. This leads me to ask if perhaps your statement does not go far enough? Obviously acts of terror done in the name of religion have been around for centuries -- the Inquisition comes to mind -- and no religion has proved itself immune from these perversions. (And of course, any faith that is worthy of respect would rightly decry these acts as not being representative of the faith.) But I'm trying to recall if ever it was the case that such henious acts were perpertrated by those that would be considered "liberal" with respect to their religious views?
    Thanks Gene,

Good words to think about. You are correct. It does seem that most who commit these types of acts see themselves as being religious and acting in a very pious manner. Yet, most of them come from very peaceful belief systems.

Perhaps if the media would simply address them as terrorists and eliminate any religious label to any terrorist, it would reduce the thought that it is a religious act from potential imitators.

I think this emphasis the media places on a terrorist's religion gives the wrong type of attention to the act and and encourages possible repeaters to try to be even more extreme. Sort of like giving an excuse for a person to act upon violent thoughts.

I just read an update about this latest madman and his current justification was to keep Islam out of Norway because that is the type of things we would do, if we are in Norway. (Not the exact wording) but what I see as the gist of this:

A manifesto published online — which police are poring over and said was posted the day of the attack — ranted against Muslim immigration to Europe and vowed revenge on "indigenous Europeans" who he accused of betraying their heritage. It added that they would be punished for their "treasonous acts."

SOURCE
    OSLO terrorist attack

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! OSLO terrorist attack Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. OSLO terrorist attack