× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1832

Advice needed- Friend mingling

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Advice needed- Friend mingling

Report bad ads?

So I have this friend who knows her religion haram/ halal and all but lately she’s been getting a bit too friendly with guys. Her sister and I have told her before not to get friendly with guys and she did stop for a while. I’ve known her for nearly 10 years and she was the one who brought me closer to Islam. We happen to work together and so I would see her nearly everyday but now she’s gone during summer and wont be back until the end of October. I recently found out from a coworker that she calls a male coworker and chats with him for long hours nearly everyday. Her behavior, even before she left, would make everyone believe that she is madly in love with the guy but when I asked her, she said ‘we’re just friends’. She knows having male friends and mingling is haram and on top of that, the guy is not Muslim so he touches her and gets very close to her. Instead of telling him off, she lets him be because she doesn’t want him to get mad at her. Her sister has recently started to get close to her male coworkers but she is not calling them or getting touchy touchy and all with them but I know that asking for her help or letting her know about her sister wont help me now. They both wear hijab and dress loose so ppl that see them might get a wrong image of muslim women.

Calling her would make it worse and I don’t know what her and the guy talk about on the phone so waiting till she gets back might make it worse aswell . Her dad is not much into religion & her mom is outta country aswell. I wanted to know what you guys would do in that situation and how you would approach a friend with such behavior.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Advice needed- Friend mingling

i would basically wait fr the next time we talk.

tell her straight up whats right n wrong

ask for her guidance from Allaah

and leave it riiiight there

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

MO783's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam

Brother make dua aswell
    chat Quote

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its easy to laugh with people and join in when their doing wrong or even worse keep quiet, such friends are not your true friends, who let you slip into wrong, friends should be there to encourage one another to do good and forbid wrong when they see it.

ofcourse your not going to sit back if youre a true friend!

tell her when you see her straight up what shes doing, when she sed 'were just friends' ask her frankly and blatantly why her version of islam has changed all of a sudden to suit her desires? so if she wants male friends, she can have them?, and then later on if she feels like having a bf (which she obviously already has), her newly altered version of islam will say yes? , which will lead to more haraam.

ask her if she will rectify her mistake, otherwise you can no longer be in her company which you thought was benifiting you as you sed she brought you closer to islam.

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Advice needed- Friend mingling Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Advice needed- Friend mingling