× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1754

Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A guy in my class went copying stuff for our group. I felt shy for not having money with me to pay my share and told him "i'll pay you later" out of shyness (didn't really mean it literally). It was actually just 2-4 dollars price. Since the price was so small, I felt shy to give the money later, but now - after a year- realize that I uttered a lie.

Should I return this money? If yes, am I allowed to return the money for him without telling him for what I'm giving it (would be embarrased to say "last year you paid for me 2 dollars and here it is") like generally saying "this money is yours" while handing it.

Jazakumullahu khair.

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

i don't understand why are u feeling shy of giving him the money . Just say , sorry , it's so late to give u back ur money . Here it is .

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He'll respect the impact Islam has on people if you explain your reason for repaying, the smaller the amount - the more profound.
    If he tells you it's ok and not to be silly, just say: I felt then need to offer in order to absolve myself.

As brother anwar al awlaqi (may Allah grant him among the highest status of witnesses and teachers) said (rephrased in my own words due to forgetfulness):
    you may spend hours giving dawah and spending money and have hardly any effect, and you may do something you feel insignificant and effortless, but that could be the catalyst for a person's reflection, pondering and guidance.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 05-12-2013 at 04:54 AM.
    | Likes Periwinkle18 liked this post

2dvls74 1 - Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

2vw9341 1 - Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well if you're shy what you cn do is put the money in an envelope, write an small letter telling him that u borrowed it from him n that you're sorry ur returning it so late hand him the envelope n everythings gng to be okay don't worry ur frnd won't be mad at you. What u hav to do rite now is to return the money im sure that person doesnt remember either. ( if it was me i would hav don't forget things easily :P ) usually ppl dont remember so your frnd will b really happy that you remembered n ur giving it back even though its a small amount.

Or you could just go n talk to him and give him the money.
    Last edited by Periwinkle18; 05-12-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie