star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation I cannot believe this!

Report bad ads?

Hope you're all in good health by the grace of Almighty Allah SWT.... I live in Blackburn UK, this incident happened in 2003 and the outcome of it is disgraceful... at the time the driver was already disqualified and without insurance... please read....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ns_asylum_bid/

Also there is a petition on going to remove him from the UK..

http://www.ipetition
    s.com/petition/juliu
    s07/

Last edited by ~Raindrop~; 12-17-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Too much punctuation =s
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    nature's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I cannot believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this on the news yesterday. Im not suprised tbh, and then we wonder why people hate muslims ? I think here in the UK they are actually scared to do anything for fear of being called racists/against islam, etc, which is why we still have hate preachers, living amongst us. How would everyone feel if that was a muslim child ? I can see the anger escalating...if nothing gets done & i dont blame them.

chat Quote

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm confused, it didn't say anywhere how he was going to be charged for the crime. Sure it said he was going to remain in the UK, but surely he'll get charged for manslaughter or something?

I know 'punishment' in the UK these days isn't really that much of a punishment, though. They even have entertainment in some prisons nowadays.
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

so why has he been allowed asylum???

peace.
    I cannot believe this!

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    muslimsister1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He has been granted stay on the bases that he has 2 kids and he has partner in UK.

RE: charges i dnt knw... der has been no mention of any charges or imprisonment... i mean on of the comments in the paper it does say that they should either deport him or imprison him.... so i dnt knw if he has or will be imprisoned at all.

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a interesting and sad case. The asylum seeker was granted permission to stay in the UK probably due to recent events in Iraq. In Britain he killed a girl whilst driving but panicked and left her to die. Then later, he handed himself over to the police and served two months of a four-month jail term. I assume he has received a short sentence because he admitted guilt thus saving the police and the court's time, might have shown remorse and probably behaved well in prison. However, he was a coward and left the girl to die. These mitigating factors from the court's perspective outweighed the aggravating factors, and received a short sentence.

He was supposed to be deported but he has a family now, so according to UK/EU law, he has the right to enjoy family life.

The issue is, he has served his prison sentence and he cannot get punished again for the same offence. In 2006, he committed another offence which is probably why the UK Border Agency is assessing his case.

My facts might not be entirely correct but I was reading about this case during my studies.
    I cannot believe this!

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He spent 4 months in prison, I think.
    chat Quote

Maryan0's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a very sad case but I dont see why people should hate Muslims because one man whose faith is Islam did a hit and run. (in reference to nature's comment). Inshallah the child's family gets justice. I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
    Salam
    Last edited by Maryan0; 12-17-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

he should get done for murder
    I cannot believe this!

33 43 1 - I cannot believe this!
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0 View Post
    I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
    Salam

I think the public usually gets the impression that the UK laws are lenient. The real issue behind sentencing laws is they lack deterrence. However, the media does not present all the facts of the case, so we don't how the judge reached its decision to decide on a punishment. Also killing someone does not necessary mean it was murder.
    I cannot believe this!

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Also killing someone does not necessary mean it was murder.
    Isn't that twisted logic? Not only did he kill her, he left her there and legged it. Surely they should have passed a much tougher sentence at the time?
    Not saying you're wrong, I just don't get how the judge was so lenient.
    chat Quote

Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I cannot believe this!

jusice is blind????????????????????
    I cannot believe this!

When there is nothing left but Allah that is when you find out that Allah is all you need.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha View Post

Isn't that twisted logic? Not only did he kill her, he left her there and legged it.

Yes that is true, but I was not making a comment about Mohammad Ibrahim. I was making a comment about this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
    I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs.
    ^ From the quote above, a man killed another man in a store. This does not mean it was murder. It could have been manslaughter.

Surely they should have passed a much tougher sentence at the time?
    They could have, depending on the facts of the case.

Not saying you're wrong, I just don't get how the judge was so lenient.
    I too think the UK criminal legal system is lenient, I mentioned before the current sentencing laws lack deterrence.

Following conviction, the Judge decides on sentencing. The man who killed the little girl admitted that he was guilty and might have shown remorse. This is why he might have got 4 months in prison...but serving only 2 months, probably because of good behaviour.

I don't agree how the case has been handled back in 2003. I think now he is in trouble for something else, probably the offence he committed in 2006, driving when he was not supposed to.
    I cannot believe this!

chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq View Post
    jusice is blind????????????????????
    Asalaamu Alaikum,

Can you imagine if no one believed in religion or a God/Afterlife? This man(maybe) and many others know he might've got away with it in this life, but I'm sure he's certain to get the justifed judgement in the afterlife.

Without faith, this thing would happen far too often everywhere.
    I cannot believe this!

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    nature's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0 View Post
    This is a very sad case but I dont see why people should hate Muslims because one man whose faith is Islam did a hit and run. (in reference to nature's comment). Inshallah the child's family gets justice. I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
    What i ment was, that dont you think he got away scott free ? the UK laws are really leniant nowadays, & non muslim folk are hardly gona like some1 getting away with something like this ? I actually think the UK, are scared of prosecuting muslims, cos of the backlash they'll get. the kid was 12, he left her in the road to die ? how can a human do that to a child ? we dont know all the facts but at the end of the day, a child died, a child who he could have maybe saved.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    he should get done for murder
    I agree, he left her & walked away. he obviously doesnt have a concious.

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    Asalaamu Alaikum,

Can you imagine if no one believed in religion or a God/Afterlife? This man(maybe) and many others know he might've got away with it in this life, but I'm sure he's certain to get the justifed judgement in the afterlife.

Without faith, this thing would happen far too often everywhere.
    I'm not entirely sure how faith makes someone a responsible driver.

I am very surprised the UK Border Agency allowed this man to stay in light of the conviction.
    chat Quote

Watcher888's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If the guy is a muslim, shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied?

And shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied to all muslims who commit crimes?

After all it is claimed that sharia punishments, would end all crime!

In that seeing, a thief hopping around on 1 foot and waving 1 hand, would put people off from committing crimes.
    Even non muslims apparently!

Althought in amereeka, the death penalty doesn't stop sickos and nutters from committing vile and henious crimes!

chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Watcher888 View Post
    If the guy is a muslim, shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied?

And shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied to all muslims who commit crimes?

In that seeing, a thief hopping around on 1 foot and waving 1 hand, would put people off from committing crimes.
    Even non muslims apparently!

Althought in amereeka, the death penalty doesn't stop sickos and nutters from committing vile and henious crimes!

Peace,

The UK isn't a Muslim country.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are 2 seperate issues here.

Each issue has to be handled separate as if each was a different person. The 2 cases can not be intermingled.

Issue one is his criminal behavior leaving a child to die. That is separate and needs to be handled as a crime and apparently was done so with a very lenient punishment that most people are dissatisfied with.

The question of deportation is a separate matter. No matter how despicable he may be, the issue is does he have a legal basis for being permitted to remain in the UK. Not a question of his morality or immorality. To deport him if he has a legal reason to remain, would jeopardize the right of all who have a legal reason to stay.
    I cannot believe this!

Herman 1 - I cannot believe this!

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Watcher888 View Post
    [COLOR=blue]If the guy is a muslim, shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied?
    In case you have not realised, the UK has not implemented the Sharia.

Not end. It will reduce crime rate.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    There are 2 seperate issues here.

I'm glad you spotted that, not many people I have met have noticed that. The media failed to distinguish the two cases.
    I cannot believe this!

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I cannot believe this! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I cannot believe this!