star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam from Phoenix, AZ

Report bad ads?

My name is Aamer. I was born in hyderabad, India into an obscure Sufi type sect of Islam called Mehdavi. They believe the Mahdi came some 500 years ago. I got older and started using logic, I realized that many things my people did were forms of idol worship (ex. Praying to dead ancestors/saints) & also that there was no strong basis for their religion to stand on. So at age 18 or so, I became a sunni and then joined the Tablieghi Jamaat. I was very impressed with their dedication at first but over time, started seeing flaws in their logic. I also started noticing the strong contrasts between the Quran and Hadith. I realized that I can not accept Hadith as being part of Islam, based on logic and verses in Quran. At age 23, I became what people call a Quranist Muslim. I have been Quranist for 16 years now. I'm NOT a Submitter. Just Muslim who follows only Quran. I do not consider myself xtremist one way or the other.

2. Report bad ads?
    Iceee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salaam from Phoenix, AZ

Salaam brother.

Doesn't matter what religion or what type of Muslim you are.
    This is a public forum and you can read threads and get advise from our brothers and sisters.
    Not everyone is Sunni Muslim...

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome here .

We have some threads on " Quranist Muslim " and Hadith . U may browse those and see if find answers of any questions . Without Hadith , how can u offering 5 times salat , giving zakat properly ?
    | Likes Urban Turban liked this post
    Salaam from Phoenix, AZ

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

Urban Turban's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry had to quote Hadrath Ali [radiyallahu anhu] here:

Hadrath Ali [ra] used to say:

"Whoever relies upon his sense / intelligence, Allah will make him go crazy"
    "Whoever relies upon his knowledge, Allah will mislead him"
    "Whoever relies upon his authority and power, Allah will humiliate him"
    "Whoever relies upon his wealth, then it will let him down"
    "Whoever relies upon Allah, Allah will never let his down, will never make him go astray"
    Last edited by Urban Turban; 02-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Salaam from Phoenix, AZ

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

"Whoever takes knowledge from books loses the regulations."
    (man akhadha al-`ilma min al-kutubi Dayya`a al-aHkaama). [Reported by Nawawi in the introduction to "al-Majmu"]

www.theijtema.com

Because Inconvenience is Sacrifice®

6. Hide
Hey there! Salaam from Phoenix, AZ Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Salaam from Phoenix, AZ