× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 52 visibility 6026

The Global Nonsense

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Global Nonsense

Report bad ads?

We have 12th February today. In my country, since Christmas we have non stop days and nights with snow falls and at least -10 C degrees temperature. As far as I know same goes to western european countries and also large parts of USA.

I mean, seriously, the ecologists should stop fighting with the Global Warming anymore. It's enough, really. My car won't survive it more. It barely lives. Bring back Global Warming at least for one week. I'm sick of getting up early and going to feed my dogs in freaking cold outside. My 2 small cats died because of that freeze.

Ecologists, we thank you, you did awesome job in fighting with nature and universe, but It's time to make a break now I guess. Stop your glorious efforts for week or two, we human beings need rest. I know that you care about animals more than about people, so think about my dogs, they are freaking mad with the end of Global Warming nowadays. And I'm not gonna let them inside my house.
    The Global Nonsense

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Global Nonsense

I love it! Global snowing. Ah, the memories it brings.
    We didn't have any snow on Christmas though.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85 View Post
    I mean, seriously, the ecologists should stop fighting with the Global Warming anymore.
    Are you kidding ?. My country is warmer than few years ago and that makes me sick.
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Global Nonsense
    I thought this thread was about the internet.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    The Global Nonsense

33u7sja 1 - The Global Nonsense

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My 2 small cats died because of that freeze.
    I'm very sorry to hear that.

Ecologists, we thank you, you did awesome job in fighting with nature and universe, but It's time to make a break now I guess. Stop your glorious efforts for week or two, we human beings need rest. I know that you care about animals more than about people, so think about my dogs, they are freaking mad with the end of Global Warming nowadays. And I'm not gonna let them inside my house.
    I hope things will get easier for you and others, insha'lLah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My 2 small cats died because of that freeze.
    Oh dear, I just noticed this. Did you keep them outside?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Oh dear, I just noticed this. Did you keep them outside?
    Of course, they were polish cats though! Not only they stayed outside, but also they needed to hunt for food.
    The Global Nonsense

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    I thought this thread was about the internet.
    Very close .
    The Global Nonsense

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We just had a storm here in NY :/ So im hearing more this monday?? I hope not :s
    The Global Nonsense

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cold winter doesn't mean global warming is over

All of the snow and chilly temps this winter almost convinced us that global warming isn't happening, after all. Reality check: recent climate data shows that it's still hotter than it used to be.

So how to explain the relatively colder winters we've had in the latter half of this decade? Goddard attributes them to La Niña, a cyclical pattern of cold sea-surface temperatures in the Pacific Ocean. La Niña in the first half of 2008, followed by a neutral period in the latter half, likely had something to do with it, Heim says, but adds that global warming is about long-term, rising temperature trends over time. "It's kind of like a drunk driver," Heim says. "The car is weaving back and forth, but it's still progressing forward."
    Washington's snowstorms, brought to you by global warming

Instead, the weird and disruptive weather patterns around the world are pretty much exactly what you'd expect as the planet warms. Here's how it works:

But rising temperature is only one effect of climate change. Probably more crucially, warmer air holds more water vapor than cold air does. The increased evaporation from land and sea leads to more drought but also to more precipitation, since what goes up eventually comes down. The numbers aren't trivial -- global warming has added 4 percent more moisture to the atmosphere since 1970. That means that the number of "extreme events" such as downpours and floods has grown steadily; the most intense storms have increased by 20 percent across the United States in the past century.

So here's the thing: Despite global warming, it still gets cold enough to snow in the middle of winter. It even gets cold enough to snow in Texas and Georgia, as it did late last week. And the chances of what are technically called "big honking dumps" have increased. As Jeff Masters, the widely read weather blogger, pointed out last week, a record snowstorm requires a record amount of moisture in the air. "It is quite possible that the dice have been loaded in favor of more intense Nor'easters for the U.S. Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, thanks to the higher levels of moisture present in the air due to warmer global temperatures," he wrote.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Climate and weather are different. Climate change is based on factual, scientific evidence from decades of the warming of Earth. The weather is simply whether or not it's snowing or sunny, and changes day to day and is incredibly flexible.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The way I think of it is, that near the day of judgement the climate will be in pretty bad shape anyway so why bother?

Lol I know its a bad attitude but it is gonna happen, a fire will spread from the oil wells of kuwait and something else about black smoke, not exactly sure but it will be part of all these natural disasters
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course, they were polish cats though! Not only they stayed outside, but also they needed to hunt for food.
    I heard lot of people died in Poland as well.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I heard lot of people died in Poland as well.

Few dozens homeless because of freeze.
    The Global Nonsense

chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury View Post
    My home country.

I heard Bangladesh will be underwater by 2050 or something. Allahu Alam.
    chat Quote

Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    The way I think of it is, that near the day of judgement the climate will be in pretty bad shape anyway so why bother?

Lol I know its a bad attitude but it is gonna happen, a fire will spread from the oil wells of kuwait and something else about black smoke, not exactly sure but it will be part of all these natural disasters
    I have to drop my two cents here. I don't mean to derail the thread and moderators are free to move/delete it if they deem so, but the part in bold is an attitude (and as you rightly said, a bad one) that causes some people to believe that faith is dangerous to humanity. If you seriously believe that the end of the world is imminent, or an eventuality - then you can conclude that efforts to enhance the life you currently operate in are fruitless, or meaningless - and if millions of people hold true to that then it becomes a burden on everyone else.

Christian Fundamentalists homegrown from the evangelical movement hold the same idea - that even if global warming is true, is happening and can be dealt with - it doesn't matter as the apocalypse is soon to happen. It is the unstated or overlooked problems with faith.
    Last edited by Skavau; 02-14-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    I have to drop my two cents here. I don't mean to derail the thread and moderators are free to move/delete it if they deem so, but the part in bold is an attitude (and as you rightly said, a bad one) that causes some people to believe that faith is dangerous to humanity. If you seriously believe that the end of the world is imminent, or an eventuality - then you can conclude that efforts to enhance the life you current operate in are fruitless, or meaningless - and if millions of people hold true to that then it becomes a burden on everyone else.

Christian Fundamentalists homegrown from the evangelical movement hold the same idea - that even if global warming is true, is happening and can be dealt with - it doesn't matter as the apocalypse is soon to happen. It is the unstated or overlooked problems with faith.

Why would it be fruitless? We (believers) all wan't the same thing, to glorify God (Allah) and pray that through our good deeds here on earth and a strong belief in our faith, that we will be rewarded after the end of time on earth. Why is that hard to understand? If we live fruitless and as unbeleivers, than we are surely guaranteeing our place in hell.
    chat Quote

Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy View Post
    Why would it be fruitless? We (believers) all wan't the same thing, to glorify God (Allah) and pray that through our good deeds here on earth and a strong belief in our faith, that we will be rewarded after the end of time on earth. Why is that hard to understand? If we live fruitless and as unbeleivers, than we are surely guaranteeing our place in hell.
    I don't speak for you. I am referring to those who contend that the planet is not worth bothering about because the apocalypse, or rapture is just around the corner. They do a great disservice to the rest of us.

I don't believe safeguarding the future is fruitless.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    I don't speak for you. I am referring to those who contend that the planet is not worth bothering about because the apocalypse, or rapture is just around the corner. They do a great disservice to the rest of us.

I don't believe safeguarding the future is fruitless.
    Every one on earth is responsable for earth....we have all destoyed it....ALLL of us. And we will pay dearly for destroying what God has built...FOR US! We are all guilty in some way, so don't blame to much on a few who say these things.

I appreciate your concern though, we should all care
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! The Global Nonsense Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Global Nonsense