× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 87 visibility 8438

Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A day after his historic election to become the first black American president, Barack Obama stepped into the role of president-elect yesterday, inviting Rahm Emanuel to join his administration as White House chief of staff, Democratic officials said.

Emanuel, a former Bill Clinton adviser, is the son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician who was a member of the Irgun (Etzel or IZL), a militant Zionist group that operated in Palestine between 1931 and 1948.

Obama intends to announce key cabinet and staff staff members in the next few days to ensure a swift transition to the White House in January, which would allow him to deal with the global economic crisis as quickly as possible.

If Emanuel accepts, he will return to the White House, where he served as a political and policy adviser to Clinton. Emanuel is the fourth-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives as the Democratic Caucus chairman.

Emanuel knows Obama from his hometown Chicago and headed the special team that planned the midterm elections in 2006, in which the Democrats recaptured a Congressional majority.

Emanuel also served as inspiration for the fictional character Joshua "Josh" Lyman, the deputy White House chief of staff, played by Bradley Whitford on the television drama "The West Wing."

...................(deleted boring stuff, if you want to read the whole thing it's in the linked article).....

"Obama is a pro-Israeli leader and will be a friend to Israel," he said, adding that he was pleased with Obama's election. He also said his son is the namesake of Rahamim, a Lehi combatant who was killed.
    source

Yup..

alhamdullilah.

2. Report bad ads?
    The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

and thats why i didnt vote, there wont be any change at all, very sad that Muslims will still not learn, one Muslim went as far as questioning whether i was a true Muslim for speaking against Obama!

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it was obvious obama would do these things.

He announced , Clearly, his support for zionists before he was even elected.

man... i wonder how the next few years will pass. THe muslims need to get serious

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So because his dad was a member of Irgun that makess him evil? Do you blame Osama Bin Laden on his father? Emanuel was instrumental with helping Clinton push Israel to accept Oslo Accords.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan View Post
    So because his dad was a member of Irgun that makess him evil? Do you blame Osama Bin Laden on his father? Emanuel was instrumental with helping Clinton push Israel to accept Oslo Accords.
    No, it doesn't make him evil. But when it comes to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, do you think the decisions made will be unbiased? It's not like they ever are really, but this is just more reason for Palestinians to get a raw deal out of any agreement.

alhamdullilah.

MSalman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud Islamist
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-Salamu 'Alaykum

Where did all the Muslim Obama supporters go?

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs down Re: Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan View Post
    i knew you would make this argument. so if the dad doesnt matter then why do ppl keep mentioning obamas grandpa as a great influence on him? if someones grandpa can influence and make you who you are, then what about your own terrorist father?!

notice the lovely double standards by these obamians, its seriously funny aint it? obama is a great man and will know true honor bla bla because hes grandpa was a soldier who fought in ww2. but heyyyyyy when emanuels father was a millitia zionist terrorist noooooooooooo that has nothing to do with the son and has no affect at all nahhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo pshhhhhhhhh.

number 2 this emmanuel terrorist served in the IDF, and is a pro zionist, and very close with AIPAC, newspapers in Israel were claiming he was their man in the white house, Israel in the white house.

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some muslims were going as far as crying emotionally near the election for obama as if he was finally going to put an end to the oppression and uplift the muslim ummah? just two days into the process of becoming the next president he picks a zionist...COME ON! WE ARE TOO GULLIBLE 'change...yes we can' is another of the many slogans used to win the presidency and after that 'change' disappears and its back to the same old same

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife View Post
    As-Salamu 'Alaykum

Where did all the Muslim Obama supporters go?
    I only ''supported'' him because he's:
    A) African-american
    B) Not McCain!

In all fairness, McCain would have been the same if not worse - so it didn't matter much; it was a no-brainer to start with: both are going to continue funding and support Israel, one's just an african american democrat and the other is a caucasian republican.

Also, it is the US we are talking about - they've been funding and supporting Israel for a very long time; one election isn't going to sway them from it, especially considering that if any candidates were to suggest such an action, they'd be branded as a terrorist sympathiser (the media would completely destroy them) - not exactly going to pull in the votes now is it?

P.s; I didn't vote - I live in England, not America
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 11-07-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before I give my opinion I tell you I live in Canada. And am to young to vote by 2yrs (14). What do you mean? Obama is the president that you all elected. Mcains worse so be proud that Obama won.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The "White House chief of staff" is an interesting posistion, not every President has selected one and it is not a required office to be filled.

Under some presidents it became a very powerful posistion and under others it was more like a head Butler running the household staff, such as the maids, cooks, gardeners and chauffeurs. Until 1946 the job was primarily to be the President's personal secritary. Sort of like a book keeper and running to mundane necessary routine matters like planning dinners, keeping notes, sending out invitations etc.

I wonder what Obama has in mind.

This can be a significant appointment or it can be no more then the hiring of a butler. Depends on what happens and how much power Obama delegates to Israeli Rahm Emanuel.

Today the basic duties of "White House Chief of Staff" seem to be:
    History

The difficult duties of the White House Chief of Staff vary greatly from one administration to another. However, the chief of staff has been responsible for overseeing the actions of the White House staff, managing the president's schedule, and deciding who is allowed to meet with the president. Because of these duties, the Chief of Staff has at various times been dubbed "The Gatekeeper" and "The Co-President".

Originally, the duties now performed by the Chief of Staff belonged to the Secretary to the President. In 1946, in response to the rapid growth of the U.S. government's executive branch, the position of Assistant to the President of the United States was established, and charged with the affairs of the White House. In 1961, the president's pre-eminent assistant was designated White House Chief of Staff. "Assistant to the President" became a rank generally shared by the Chief of Staff with such senior aides as Deputy Chiefs of Staff, the White House Counsel, the White House Press Secretary, and others. Prior to the creation of this post, the Chief of Staff's job title was traditionally Appointments Secretary, as with Franklin Delano Roosevelt's aide Edwin "Pa" Watson.

Not every president has had a formal Chief of Staff (e.g., John F. Kennedy did not). Because of the stressful and demanding nature of the job, the average term-of-service for a White House Chief of Staff is a little under 2.5 years. John R. Steelman, under Harry S. Truman, was the last Chief of Staff to serve for an entire presidential administration. Steelman also holds the record for longest-serving Chief of Staff (6 years). Andrew Card and Sherman Adams tie for second-longest (5 years each).

Most White House Chiefs of Staff are former politicians, and many continue their political careers in other senior roles. Richard Nixon's Chief of Staff Alexander Haig became Secretary of State under Ronald Reagan. Gerald Ford's Chief of Staff Dick Cheney became a U.S. Representative for Wyoming, Secretary of Defense under George H. W. Bush and vice president under George W. Bush. Donald Rumsfeld was another Chief of Staff for the Ford administration and subsequently served as Secretary of Defense in the Ford administration and decades later in the George W. Bush administration.

Job duties

The roles of the Chief of Staff are both managerial and advisory and can include the following duties, depending on the President's style of conducting business:[4]

Managerial

* Select key White House staff and supervise them
    * Structure the White House staff system
    * Control the flow of people into the Oval Office
    * Manage the flow of information

Advisory

* Advise the President on issues of politics, policy and management issues
    * Protect the interests of the President
    * Negotiate with Congress, other members of the executive branch, and extragovernmental political groups to implement the President's agenda

Some, have suggested that a powerful Chief of Staff with a "hands-off" president (who decides not to become involved in the minutiæ of government), can become a de facto prime minister. Such prime ministers exist in some governmental systems, such as France's and Russia's: The prime minister runs the government (operations-wise), while the president remains somewhat aloof from the political process, but personally handling policy matters. Under Ronald Reagan, Donald Regan was seen by many as a prime minister-style Chief of Staff following James Baker. Howard Baker, who succeeded Regan, was critical of this system and what is sometimes known as the "Imperial Presidency."

By contrast, Andrew Card, President George W. Bush's first Chief of Staff, was not regarded as being as powerful. Some have speculated that this was due to Card being "overshadowed" by the influence of Karl Rove, the Senior Adviser and Deputy Chief of Staff who was "the architect" of Bush's political rise. Similarly, President Bill Clinton's Chiefs of Staff were not particularly powerful. Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Chief_of_Staff

The bottom line is we do not know the significance or lack of significance this appointment will have untill after Obama assumes office on Jan. 20th, if he assumes it then, under Federal Law he has until mid March to assume the office. In recent years mid January has been most common.

Also keep in mind that everybody the prez selects for his staff and cabinet needs to be approved by congress. This will be a time to see just how much congressional approval Obama has and how much influence he will actually have over policy.

Herman 1 - Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

Khalil_Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

when I saw this, I cringed, but I knew it was coming. From what I understand Obama is a huge AIPAC guy, but you have to be get anywhere in politics in the US. If you are even remotely against any israeli policy, then you get pummeled.

I didn't even bother to register to vote because I think it's all a joke. I began to get politically conscious through the BUSH years, and when you're learning about democracy and philosophy and politics through those years, then you just kind of realize that it's all a big scam.

Any way, I wish the best for this world now that Obama has won. It seems like the world is sort of happy about it.

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Rahm Emanuel also sat on the board of directors of Freddie Mac. Not a good connection there.

From what is known of Emanuel it is assumed he will have a large role in formulating policy and getting things done at the legislative level. He is known as "Rahmbo" in Washington circles.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

Chuck's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah View Post
    I didn't even bother to register to vote because I think it's all a joke. I began to get politically conscious through the BUSH years, and when you're learning about democracy and philosophy and politics through those years, then you just kind of realize that it's all a big scam.
    Could have helped Ron Paul, pushed his popularity higher in the polls? I was disappointed when was out of the race.

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

18. Report bad ads?
    YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    The "White House chief of staff" is an interesting posistion, not every President has selected one and it is not a required office to be filled.

Under some presidents it became a very powerful posistion and under others it was more like a head Butler running the household staff, such as the maids, cooks, gardeners and chauffeurs. Until 1946 the job was primarily to be the President's personal secritary. Sort of like a book keeper and running to mundane necessary routine matters like planning dinners, keeping notes, sending out invitations etc.

I wonder what Obama has in mind.

This can be a significant appointment or it can be no more then the hiring of a butler. Depends on what happens and how much power Obama delegates to Israeli Rahm Emanuel.

Today the basic duties of "White House Chief of Staff" seem to be:

The bottom line is we do not know the significance or lack of significance this appointment will have untill after Obama assumes office on Jan. 20th, if he assumes it then, under Federal Law he has until mid March to assume the office. In recent years mid January has been most common.

Also keep in mind that everybody the prez selects for his staff and cabinet needs to be approved by congress. This will be a time to see just how much congressional approval Obama has and how much influence he will actually have over policy.

got this from Sheikh Imran this morning:

re:US Election and the transfer of power

Assalaamu \'alaikum!

The financial/monetary summit which is now being arranged is certainly linked to Dajjal\'s phase three. [to wit: transfer of US power to Israel]

It is through a study of events which led to the passage from Dajjal\'s phase one to phase two that we can anticipate and recognize events now unfolding, and soon to unfold in the historical process, which would indicate the passage to phase three. [to wit: transfer of US power to Israel]

We have long anticipated that the creation of a new international monetary system to replace the tottering Bretton Woods Accord would be precisely such a sign.

We must now look carefully to seek to recognize what is still carefully concealed evidence that would confirm the transfer of the world\'s financial capital from Washington to Jerusalem. [<<Phase three]

We must also anticipate that great wars would also erupt in which Israel would display its military superiority over the rest of the world - including UK and USA.

Not only does Obama\'s election as US President now \'whitewash\' a terribly-soiled US image in the world, but it also allows the cabal to exploit his committment to widen the war in Afghanistan to their advantage. It is therefore a black/Obama administration that would be led by the nose to attack Pakistan\'s nuclear facilities (perhaps in concert with an Indian attack on Pakistan) while Israel exploits the opportunity to simultaneously attack Iran\'s nuclear plants. The immediate result of such a war would be the astronomical rise in the price of both oil and gold and the consequent total collapse of the US dollar and the US economy in such wise as would cripple the Democratic Party for decades to come.

John McCain\'s concession speech indicates that he (as well as the leadership of the Republicam Party) are well aware that they have led Obama/Afro-America/the Democratic Party down a path to be sacrificed and slaughtered as a cow. Obama and the Afro-Americans have displayed complete innocence of the fact that they could never have succeeded unless the white cabal had made the choice to have a black man elected as President.

It was not by accident that the present phase of the financial meltdown commenced in early September and immediately impacted on the contest for the White House in a manner that eventually assured victory for Obama. [meh, and i thought it was not by accident that Palin was chosen to lose the election for McCain]

Imran N Hosein

for those unfamiliar with Imran's ROSY scenario: Phase one, a day that is like a year, was Britain as a world power.

Phase two, a day that is like a month, is the US assuming world dominance.

Phase three, a day that is like a week, is Israel becoming the dominant world force.

Phase four is the Dajjal entering our time/dimension as the ruler of Israel and godlike figure to be deemed the Messiah by Christians and Jews, while Muslims will recognize him a what he is, the Anti-Christ!

food for thought,

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Give him a chance before you unsheath your swords. I'm sure he'll be encouraging peaceful means, as apposed to attack.

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think that there are certain american interests that won't change no matter if there is republican or democrate in the White House. Hillary Clinton was a military hawk, her husband sent us troops to Kosovo and Bosnia, another democrate JFK intensified combats in Vietnam. Im pretty sure that AL Gore would invade Afghanistan as well. This is the consensus of american interests that U.S citizens accept.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Does anyone watch the pakistani news? (i am forced to when remote is in the custody of dad) , their gullibility was laughable., pakistanis were actually saying obama was going to help pakistan by eliminating terrorism, and creating global peace!!!!!, therefore they were happy if he were to be elected!!

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi

abdullah_001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought Muslims were voting for Ron Paul? At least I would have voted for Ron Paul except that it is very clear there is no way he would have won anyway.

And Obama is an apostate... why would any Muslim vote for an apostate in the first place?

24. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_001 View Post

I thought Muslims were voting for Ron Paul? At least I would have voted for Ron Paul except that it is very clear there is no way he would have won anyway.

And Obama is an apostate... why would any Muslim vote for an apostate in the first place?
    Obama isn't Muslim. Obama was never Muslim.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff