× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 4090

i cant deal with my fatness anymore

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

ASALAMUC CALEKUM I am new to this forum my dear friend adviced me to post here for help. i am in need of dua. i am 18 and sick and tired of life everyday is the same routine eat, be sick eat again starve the next day. my family is always on my case when i loose weight as arabs all they do is shout they dont understand what i am going through. I had an eating disorder for a year now and i truly dont see a way out. i am very embaressed to go to a doctor because he will look at me and laugh because i am fat. fat people dont get anorexia.
    i am practising and i cant pray i cant think i all think about is food ..food..calories..food again i hate this cycle is ruining my life. i believe i am a lost cause. but if u have time you know and your nothing much then just plzz make dua a miracle might happen.WACALEKUMSALAM
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: i cant deal with my fatness anymore

*Thread Approved*

Well, for starters, alhamdulillah you realize that you do have a problem and you're willing to seek a solution. You need to go to a doctor, because eating and then starving yourself like that for a year has had to have had a negative impact on your body. A doctor would not look at you and laugh, and if he/she did, they would be in the wrong. I don't know what your definition of fat is, but somehow I don't think you are fat...cuz anorexics do call themselves fat when they are at a normal weight or even underweight.

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    ASALAMUC CALEKUM I am new to this forum my dear friend adviced me to post here for help. i am in need of dua. i am 18 and sick and tired of life everyday is the same routine eat, be sick eat again starve the next day. my family is always on my case when i loose weight as arabs all they do is shout they dont understand what i am going through. I had an eating disorder for a year now and i truly dont see a way out. i am very embaressed to go to a doctor because he will look at me and laugh because i am fat. fat people dont get anorexia.
    i am practising and i cant pray i cant think i all think about is food ..food..calories..food again i hate this cycle is ruining my life. i believe i am a lost cause. but if u have time you know and your nothing much then just plzz make dua a miracle might happen.WACALEKUMSALAM

Small people go thru just as much fuss in getting bigger as big people do in getting smaller,

Seriously to break it down,

WE AS HUMANS ARE NEVER SATISFIED,

If we have nice eye colour we complain about our hair colour,

If we are a nice build we complain about our height,

We are never happy,

There is nothing wrong with you, you are not lost at all,

Why doesn't your doctor introduce you to a personal dietician, I have one because I lose alot of weight thru throwing up (Im not anorexic but just ill) so he gives me info on how to gain weight, if you had one they can help you, without giving up on food they can tell you what to keep eating out of what you like the most,

Don't feel down because of being different, feel special.

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allaah make matters easy on you inshaaAllaah.

Eating a lot of food and then starving yourself for a whole day actually causes you to gain weight, because your body assumes that you're in starvation mode and then subsequently stores all of the fat in your body.

InshaaAllaah see a dietitian or a nutritionist, they can help you with losing the weight in a healthy way. They can also help you keep it off and by following a very healthy routine, you can also become a more healthier person.
    Last edited by Intisar; 10-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASALAMUCALEKUM jawrah i am not underweight i wish i was thin i used to be thin and then i tried eating healthy and putted on weight. anon i dont want to gain loosing weight healthy means i have to be stuck with my body for a long time. as it takes time. i hate that. but thanx. ameena i know i hate it is a vicious cycle. i havent prayed for a long time because this is all i can think about twentyfour 7. i have nobody to talk to. WALEKUMSALAM
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASALAMUCALEKUM jawrah i am not underweight i wish i was thin i used to be thin and then i tried eating healthy and putted on weight. anon i dont want to gain loosing weight healthy means i have to be stuck with my body for a long time. as it takes time. i hate that. but thanx. ameena i know i hate it is a vicious cycle. i havent prayed for a long time because this is all i can think about twentyfour 7. i have nobody to talk to. WALEKUMSALAM
    Are you a sister? yu can talk 2 me

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well go to a dr or answer some questions for us

1 - how old are you, and 2 what is your weight and height...

most people who think they are fat, are not fat, and its just summin in their head, thats why im askin about your weight and stuff!

also, you have realised there is a problem which is the 1st step towards fixin somethin, like dont starve one day and then eat another, you put on more weight like that, believe it or not!

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i know how to restrict isha`allah i shouldnt put on weight in the past i was weak and gave in because my family was worried but i am different now.
    i am 5ft3 and i am 8.6 stones for my height i should be 7.5 max.
    anon thank you is just complicated. i suck .
    chat Quote

Ayesha Rana's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah exactly. and if ur gonna mess up ur diet for a year and mess up ur health with it then u may as well do it properly and don't go givin up on praying cos that'll make the problem worse by makin u feel bad. Allah doesn't care about outward appearance. why not try fasting? that helps loads and gives u an excuse not to eat

Oh Mankind! What keeps you from your Lord most Generous?

1stprize 1 - i cant deal with my fatness anymore

There is no Hand but the Hand of Allah is over it, and
    There is no Opressor but he is tried with a Greater Opression.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASALAMUCALEKUM if i fast i know it be for weightloss not religion reasons, sis i dont think you get this..no offense, i know i shoudlnt stop praying this is something i need to go back to. i know allahswt doesnt care about my looks but my eating problem hasnt got a lot to do with food ahh forget it not many people wil get this.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Weight dysfunction is either the result of over/under eating. That is choice and may even be a sin if it leads to poor health.

However, most weight problems are not by choice but are either a metabolic disorder or an eating disorder. both are a medical and not A morality issue.

See a doctor, there is hope and both are treatable.

My Du3as are for you dear Ukhti, may Allah(swt) grant you the strength and ability to seek the help you need.

Herman 1 - i cant deal with my fatness anymore

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thank you
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i know how to restrict isha`allah i shouldnt put on weight in the past i was weak and gave in because my family was worried but i am different now.
    i am 5ft3 and i am 8.6 stones for my height i should be 7.5 max.
    anon thank you is just complicated. i suck .
    Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is in the normal range. For someone 5feet 3 inches, 120 pounds (=8.6 stones), your BMI is 21.3. Normal weight = 18.5-24.9 BMI. You're overweight if your BMI is over 25.0 and obese if over 30.0. You're no where near those numbers.

See here: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I think your stressing too much. Let it go, eat normally, exercise regularly, and you should be fine

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

Ayesha Rana's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey i understand u want to be beautiful. There's nothing wrong with that. But you could fast instead of just starving cos it's healthier and don't let the 'it's not for Allah' put u off cos it's good training and it's doing a good deed that you chose fasting the islamic way to lose weight than by just not eating. Besides it is for Allah cos u'll have to fulfill ur other obligations too like praying and that will please Him Insha'Allah

Huuuuuuuuuu whaaa...!?!?!?!?

sorry im slow i just read those two posts...
    is that ur weight?
    who are you kidding? lol!

ur not fat at all!!!!

gosh! If u feel fat you just need excercise to tone up-dont go losing weight u'll become skin and bone!!!!
    right u just need a good smack lol! i'm kiddin. ur fine the way u r. and YOU ARE NOT FAT! Gettit?
    Last edited by Ayesha Rana; 10-12-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Oh Mankind! What keeps you from your Lord most Generous?

1stprize 1 - i cant deal with my fatness anymore

There is no Hand but the Hand of Allah is over it, and
    There is no Opressor but he is tried with a Greater Opression.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^your right sis i will do so IshA`allah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the bmi thing is weird i wish you could see me then you will understand. i appreciate your replies and advice i will not see a doctor i am going to start fasting tomorrow. thank you 4 your help.
    chat Quote

kwolney01's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We all have issues we have to deal with but we must understand that Allah is the only one that will help us.

We all want to be healthy and look a certain way, but sometimes it doesn't happen. It's not so important if your not at the weight "you should be or think you need to be" its more important that you are healthy. Being healthy is the most important thing, everyone is shaped different and every ones body reacts to food in different ways. Some people gain weight quickly while others don't. You should find a equal balance between food and exercise. You just might be genetically a lil bigger then some people.

We all have issues we need to deal with and having it be your weight is really hard. I think a lot of women have issues with their weight, due to family, or the media or just poor self image. You shouldn't have to feel bad about yourself if you don't look a certain way sister. Please don't stop pray, praying to Allah for support and guidance is key.

Allah is the only one that can guide us, without him there is nothing.

I think the best thing to do would be to talk to a professional about it or just a close friend who can help you sort out your issues with your weight. We are not perfect we all have issues, sometimes we just let them overcome us.

Sister I hope you find the help you need, and I hope you stay healthy. Keep praying and stay strong sister!!

I wish you the best!!

Salaams

~Proud to be a Muslimah~

~Love for others what you love for yourself!~
    chat Quote

BNDGR's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASALAMUCALEKUM if i fast i know it be for weightloss not religion reasons, sis i dont think you get this..no offense, i know i shoudlnt stop praying this is something i need to go back to. i know allahswt doesnt care about my looks but my eating problem hasnt got a lot to do with food ahh forget it not many people wil get this.
    Wa alaikum salam,
    InshaAllah I hope things will get easier for you soon. I can say I kindof understand, I am really concerned about what I eat too, not so much now as before, I used to be really obsessed about not eating in order to not gain weight. Even though I know and you know that self esteem shouldn't be wrapped up in our outward appearance, it is hard not to let it be that way.
    Please open up to someone you can trust since it is really not a healthy way to life your life. For me it was a control issue, everything else in my life was out of my control so I chose to make food my control issue. It sounds wierd but that's just how it was. This might not be it for you but whatever it is it most likely is not the food that is the issue?? right?
    I really hope that Allah makes things easier for you and gives you the strenght to open up to someone who could help you to feel better.
    chat Quote

coddles76's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalam Alykum,

My advice will be simple but quite clear enough to hopefully enhance a change in thought. Firstly your body is only a garment to your everlasting soul which will last forever. So your main goal is purifying your inner everlasting body and which you must protect from Evil. Secondly your body has been given to you to look after health wise so continue to strive in its health and practice the things that will keep it healthy. If that means seeing doctor then do it, if it means Eating healthy food regularly with a healthy fitness program them do it and don't delay. Be firm against your desires and fight back till your happy with your health both internally and externally.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am very embaressed to go to a doctor because he will look at me and laugh because i am fat. fat people dont get anorexia.
    WaAlaykumAssalam,

I'm surprised at your negative thinking, that is very negative thinking indeed, (s)he's not there to laugh at you but cure you and help you. Let's look on the dark side, even if (s)he does laugh at you, what will happen? Sure, you'll be embarrassed but for a few sessions. But what if you're cured after that? You could be happier for the rest of your life...

But that's not the case. It is extremely unlikely that the doctor will laugh at you... I highly recommend you see one, as they seeing you personally would probably enable them to give better advice to you than us by reading your post.

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! i cant deal with my fatness anymore Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. i cant deal with my fatness anymore