star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time

Report bad ads?

I took shahada years ago but alas there is no mosque in my town so I've never been. I'm desperate to try new mosques meet other muslims and connect with an Imam. The community I converted in was a revert community that fell apart. Most of the congregation where older teens and early twenties and they left each for there own reasons. We had no mosque I was the eldest and functioned as the community leader and Imam with the understanding that I was uneducated and just a prayer leader I want some one I can learn under before I go back to a leadership position. Should I call first?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time

format_quote Originally Posted by kit91 View Post
    I took shahada years ago but alas there is no mosque in my town so I've never been. I'm desperate to try new mosques meet other muslims and connect with an Imam. The community I converted in was a revert community that fell apart. Most of the congregation where older teens and early twenties and they left each for there own reasons. We had no mosque I was the eldest and functioned as the community leader and Imam with the understanding that I was uneducated and just a prayer leader I want some one I can learn under before I go back to a leadership position. Should I call first?
    Assalamu Alaikum,

There's nothing special that you must do. I'd say go to the biggest mosque near you as usually they'd have the most resources to help you. Otherwise, just approach after prayer time during the day and tell your story. You can always call and ask for info as well, but if it's a smaller mosque they may not have people who handle phone calls or office duty.
    How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time