× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1653

Scared of marriage-need advice

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

as the title says it. im scared of getting married. actually rather im scared of the mentality of my future hubbi. you see i grew up seeing my mum copping a beating almost everyday from my dad :'( and well ive just grown a fear/hatred/insecurity of men. im worried about the guy i will, (inshllah) get married to.
    in islam the hubbi's rights are great and i will inshallah treat my hubbi well and all, but what if i get someone who abuses/uses his rights over me. what if he turns out to be the biggest idiot :X ill feel so trapped and irritated!:enough!: what do i do then?
    this is just weighing me down
    Last edited by anonymous; 08-11-2008 at 09:10 AM.

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Scared of marriage-need advice

Greetings, anonymous

Is there a man you are going to marry, or are you just speaking hypothetically?

I suggest that you find help in working through the abuse you witnessed as a child. No wonder it has affected how you view men ...

I also suggest you take a lot of time to get to know (and trust) your hubby-to-be.
    There are many wonderful loving and caring men out there - but you have to recognise that for yourself!

To be honest (and this is probably completely unIslamic), I think that spending time (appropriately and safely) with men may help you to learn that not all men are evil!

Don't rush into anything. Take your time and be patient! Seek professional help.

I hope things will work out for you,and you find the best man IN THE WORLD!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Scared of marriage-need advice

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Eeman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam alaikum sis, who said in islam that the hubby's rights are greater???????
    men and women are equal in islam so dont forget that.
    stick to your salah sis and make loads of dua and ask Allah swt to bestow upon you a righteous husband....
    or if it has already been arranged then pray for this guy Insha'Allah i pray that Allah swt answers all your duas and bestows your future marriage Insha'Allah with many barakahs and happiness and joy.

ma salama

I know that at times i may be annoying or mistaken when i say some things or it may unintentionally God forbid offend u & if that is the case then i sincerely apologise from the bottom of my heart & ask Allah swt's & ur forgiveness, so please do Insha'Allah forgive me and correct me.
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Most Muslim men aren't like that, Alhamdullilah. Check out:

http://iwannagetmarried.com/

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

men and women have equal rights in marriage!!!!!!!!

sister, not all men are like that, its easy to do, but you shouldnt base your assumptions on a majority of people, just because of one or a few of them, thats like me sayin, all bangalis love fish but not all of them do, or all blacks are thiefs, because its not true

and even if majority of men are fools or idiots, remember there are still some decent people out there, like the Prophet (saw) he was a man! remember enough said!

now marriage fear, you cant know somethin till you actually see it, before you marry the person, your allowed to see them and even arrange a halaal meetin, so you can get to know them! dont be afraid of somethin, you aint experienced thats my advice

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Scared of marriage-need advice Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Scared of marriage-need advice