× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 63 visibility 8640

is it time for muslims in the west to leave?

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

assalaamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

i have been looking into the fataawah on hijra and when it is obligatory or just mustahaab but to me it looks to be obligatory at this moment.

what do others think?

i was looking at the following fatwah from islam q and a and is from sheikh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, i cannot imagine a better explaination of my own situation but i also think the situation would be the same for many others here also who's countries are waging war against the muslims.

so should we all leave?

<<fatwah below>>

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34687&ln=eng

Islam Questions & Answers

www.islam-qa.com

Question Reference Number:: 34687

Title: He has become Muslim but he does not want to leave his homeland

A man has become Muslim and he loves Islam and its people, and hates shirk and its people. But he has stayed in his country whose people hate Islam and wage war against it and fight the Muslims. It is too hard for him to leave his homeland so he has not migrated. What is the ruling on that?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It is haraam for this man to stay in this land, and he must migrate. If he does not do that then let him await the punishment of Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): ‘In what (condition) were you?’ They reply: ‘We were weak and oppressed on the earth.’ They (angels) say: ‘Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?’ Such men will find their abode in Hell — what an evil destination!

Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way”
    [al-Nisa’ 4:97-98]

If this man is able to migrate, then he must migrate to a Muslim country, then the love of the country from which he migrated will disappear from him heart and he will come to love the Muslim land. But if he cannot leave a land that is fighting Islam and its people just because it is his first homeland, this is haraam and it is not permissible for him to stay there.

From Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), 3/32. (www.islam-qa.com)

&#169;Copyright Islam Q&A 1997-2000
    You are granted the right to use and display all the information on this site without any consent from the site maintainer(s). You may copy, distribute, print, link to any document, or translate to any language, as long as the information is quoted in its entirety, the source is mentioned, and without changing the contents.
    Last edited by Dawud_uk; 12-19-2006 at 03:45 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: is it time for muslims in the west to leave?

The main question I have is "Leave to Where?"

The next question is: "If a person is not a good practicing Muslim where they now live, what would make them any different where ever they live?"

We also have the example of the mass migrations of Muslims leaving the "Islamic" countries and moving to Western Countries. The reasons they are leaving need to be looked into.

We even have Bilal Phillips who is a strong role model for all of us. Yet He only chose to live in Saudi Arabia for 2 years and is now a US Citisen living in the Phillipines. (The Phillipines are an American Territory and the Residents are considered to be US Citisens with US Citisen rights except to vote in Federal Elections)

Where is a true Islamic Country? Is it a place or is it Making our own lives where ever we live, into our own Islamic Nation?

Herman 1 - is it time for muslims in the west to leave?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    The main question I have is "Leave to Where?"

The next question is: "If a person is not a good practicing Muslim where they now live, what would make them any different where ever they live?"

We also have the example of the mass migrations of Muslims leaving the "Islamic" countries and moving to Western Countries. The reasons they are leaving need to be looked into.

We even have Bilal Phillips who is a strong role model for all of us. Yet He only chose to live in Saudi Arabia for 2 years and is now a US Citisen living in the Phillipines. (The Phillipines are an American Territory and the Residents are considered to be US Citisens with US Citisen rights except to vote in Federal Elections)

Where is a true Islamic Country? Is it a place or is it Making our own lives where ever we live, into our own Islamic Nation?
    assalaamu alaykum,

i am talking straight forward islamic rulings that as far as i am aware are agreed upon, if the muslims are attacked then those who live in those nations doing the attacking have an obligation to leave those nations and those who do not without valid excuses are sinning.

there are many muslims lands, i admit some better or worse than others but the obligation is still clear to you is it not?

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    chat Quote

SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Leave the west?

No way, we are just getting started.

wwwislamicboardcom - is it time for muslims in the west to leave?
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    Leave the west?

No way, we are just getting started.
    assalaamu alaykum sir zubair,

can you explain what you mean?

are you talking about dawah?
    because if you are i understand the obligation of hijra takes more importance here though that wouldnt lift our obligation of doing dawah whilst preparing to make hijra i believe.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    Last edited by Dawud_uk; 12-19-2006 at 05:01 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there are many muslims lands, i admit some better or worse than others but the obligation is still clear to you is it not?
    The obligation is clear. But the prospect of finding a Muslim Nation that a revert would be able to migrate to is very dim. For many of us it will never be an option. It would be very difficult for a revert to practice Islam in the Islamic Nations. Language barriers alone would make it difficult to gain citizenship. Without citizenship legal employment is often not possible, without employment, it would be difficult to to meet the Islamic requirements of being able to provide for a family.

Even without my heath problems, I think it would be difficult to find an Islamic Nation that would grant me citizenship. You don't see many if any Muslim Nations screaming for Muslims from other Nations to migrate to them.

For myself this is a moot point, as health concerns will not even allow me to leave much further then my Bedroom and then for only short periods of time.

chat Quote

New_Muslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If we stay we can get more to come to Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Off topic posts have been removed. We don't need anti islamic posts here, and anyone can easily take anything out of context.

If anyone wants to truely understand these issues, they can refer to these links:

Terrorism:
    http://www.load-islam.com/classified...assified_id=13

Misconceptions - Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations
    http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...Misconceptions

other than that, carry on insha'Allaah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The reality of the world is that the Countries that are considered the most Islamic are Arabic nations. Over 85% of the Worlds Muslims are not Arabic. If all One Billion plus Non-Arabic Muslim were to migrate to a tiny Arabic Nation, we would push out the Arabic heritage of Islam and change the total culture of the nation.

For most of us the only option is to stay where we are and do our best to live as Muslims and make Dua that our example will instill beneficial changes in the nation we live in.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think that this Link will be helpfull: Living in Non-Muslim Lands

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - is it time for muslims in the west to leave? atomicth4 1 - is it time for muslims in the west to leave? atomicth3 1 - is it time for muslims in the west to leave?
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

waji's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Lion
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    We even have Bilal Phillips who is a strong role model for all of us. Yet He only chose to live in Saudi Arabia for 2 years and is now a US Citisen living in the Phillipines.
    Bilal Philips use to live in UAE few years back and he was doing a program from ch33 of Dubai but due to the effects of 9/11 he was arrested for unknown reason and his program was also stopped and now i don't know either he left Saudi Arabia or ....................

Remember Me in your prayers!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wkas View Post

Bilal Philips use to live in UAE few years back and he was doing a program from ch33 of Dubai but due to the effects of 9/11 he was arrested for unknown reason and his program was also stopped and now i don't know either he left Saudi Arabia or ....................

I just did a quick online check to see where he currently lives. Apparantly he is no longer in the Phillipines. It almost seems he does not have any permament residence and travels according to need. Lately he has been spending the Summers teaching in the US and Canada, but also spends time in the Southern Latin American Countries.

I still think of him as a good role model. To me it is as if he makes the space where he is, into an individual Islamic Nation.

chat Quote

UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wouldn't have become muslim if it weren't for some pleasent american muslims I met that peaked my interest in Islam. Alhamduillah they're here, and inshaAllah while I am here, I can open others' hearts to Islam.

It is my husband and my intention to move to a muslim country in the future (either egypt, his home country, or the UAE), but it's difficult to just pick up and move, especially in modern times with government regulations, visas and whatnot.

edited to add - I don't believe it's fard to make hijra, husband would just like to raise our kids in a place with more muslims.
    Last edited by UmmSqueakster; 12-19-2006 at 10:01 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan View Post
    I wouldn't have become muslim if it weren't for some pleasent american muslims I met that peaked my interest in Islam. Alhamduillah they're here, and inshaAllah while I am here, I can open others' hearts to Islam.

It is my husband and my intention to move to a muslim country in the future (either egypt, his home country, or the UAE), but it's difficult to just pick up and move, especially in modern times with government regulations, visas and whatnot.
    assalaamu alaykum,

being a revert i am in the same situation, but insha'allah with good preparation i will be ready to make hijra though i know it will be a matter of years not months until i am ready.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whenever I discuss this topic I always encounter two extremes:

1. It is haraam to live in Dar al-Kufr and one must leave and move to a Muslim country.

2. There is no Dar al-Islam to make hijrah to.

An interesting discussion took place here.
    chat Quote

*noor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

leave and go where exactly?

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *noor View Post
    leave and go where exactly?
    'Back to Africa' - depending on who you ask
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just one little question from me..

I'm referring to the verse in the Quran in which Allah swt says not to take the disbelievers as protectors.

Does that mean we should not live in lands that are governed by non muslims?
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: is it time for muslims in the west to leave?

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    Does that mean we should not live in lands that are governed by non muslims?

Depends if you consider our leaders as protectors or not. I certainly wouldn't!

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    netprince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do Hijra!!! Where to... The land of the Al-Sauds?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! is it time for muslims in the west to leave? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. is it time for muslims in the west to leave?