× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1512

I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

When I was 11 or 12 I was bullied by a few boys, one day out of the blue I told one "I hope your mom dies"...and said it in a Church. Shockingly a few months later his dad died...which makes me feel worst about it otherwise I may not even think about it.

I honestly feel so sad and regretful that I said something so horrible to another kid...is this something I need to repent for and also maybe tell him I am sorry as well? or would I be opening a can of worms of something he may not even remember?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add *thankfully it wasn't his mom, but either way still terrible.

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Flos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    The sister
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    When I was 11 or 12 I was bullied by a few boys, one day out of the blue I told one "I hope your mom dies"...and said it in a Church. Shockingly a few months later his dad died...which makes me feel worst about it otherwise I may not even think about it.

I honestly feel so sad and regretful that I said something so horrible to another kid...is this something I need to repent for and also maybe tell him I am sorry as well? or would I be opening a can of worms of something he may not even remember?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends when did you become sexually mature. Before maturity, you're fine. Also, if you were Christian and now revert Muslim, the moment you said your shahada you're forgiven.

On the other hand, you just said "I hope" and I don't think you actually made a dua or a curse. And if you made a dua, Allah doesn't accept haram duas, so it's not your fault for what happened and you didn't kill anyone. Relax. Maybe shaytan is reminding you of things from childhood. And last thing - if it was a curse or dua, you said clearly "mom" and his dad died.

Don't rush your salat for anything, as you are standing in front of The One who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for!
    chat Quote

Supernova's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Asalaamulaykum

You are not at loss if you repent and apologise. You two may even laugh about it now.
    We all grow up, mature and laugh about things of the past even though it might have been volatile back then.

Dark Side Of The Moon
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid