× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 26 visibility 3287

Hat's unionic but ironic column

Sister_6038's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

first thing first assalaamu alaikum wr wb, long time no hear from myself on the site.....wow amazing how it struck down from 15 hours a day to 15 mins once a blue moon...oooh the irony!

ok well seeing as my mind may have gone rusty,,,im not quite sure where to have put my thread....so mods if need be chuck wherever ye please...

so exactly what is this all about...well i noticed i have the gift of the gab as us brits love to call it....but well yeah its not really a blog, otherwise i would have a blog...more just a case of it being like a column....oooh i quite fancied myself being a columnist, posh title..easy job and all you have to is rant...hence the title of the thread...wow seems a age since i used that word "thread"......well thats the joys of crashing the computer and having a variety of problems with it...i.e. being too lazy to call the PC helpline to get someone to sort it until getting a clip from my older sister....man im an adult yet that doesnt apply in my house....and the brothers of the world think they have it tough...well seeing as i am a budding writer...*well kinda*...i thought i could use my "articles" *look the ethnic is now even using the jargon...round of applause* on here and you dear brothers and sisters can tell me what you think?

hows that?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hat's unionic but ironic column

What the...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

haha sorry sis was that confusing...err ok to cut a long story short...im just gonna rant here...like a late night disc jokey on radio 4 or something...but not quite....
    chat Quote

Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aah..so when are you to start? Do you think of random things? Are you going to start with one topic and finish with another?
    Just wondering

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok well it wont just be random stuff....initially it will be just of writing about the way of life today..just to let you all know everything i do write is my opnion if i do ever say anything in regards to the ways of the deen dont scream at me please just correct me...but one of my first ones will of course be about the way i see how the media portray islam and in particular women in islam....just in relation to the lastest happenings in the news in regards to muslim women...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ooh..then I guess it shall be an interesting read!
    Well, I am now aniticipating your first official "article" in your "column" .
    By the way do you regularly read columns in newspapers and stuff? I just can't seem to read ones in newspapers like "The Independent" because I just don't agree with their views most of the time :|..ah well..

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Welcome Back Ukhtee!

I did'nt get what on earth you were saying in your first post!?

Have you lost your Marbles?

Well anyways, lookin forward to your posts InshaAllah!!

Take Care Ukhtee
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post

Ooh..then I guess it shall be an interesting read!
    Well, I am now aniticipating your first official "article" in your "column" .
    By the way do you regularly read columns in newspapers and stuff? I just can't seem to read ones in newspapers like "The Independent" because I just don't agree with their views most of the time :|..ah well..
    yep i do read newspapers regularly...well i try to....but ive grown up in world of debate...i can argue for england....i am exactly the same as you the "Independent" drives me around the bend....read the Guardian its much better.....one newspaper i despise is the daily mail.....grrrr
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aah..I have a drawback in the field of arguin..I jus can't..it's nothing to do with vocabulary shortage..(I hope), but I get all tongue twisted, flustered and all in a muddle and can never stand my ground. I tend to give in quite easily ..Even though I know I'm right, it's just that I never come across as being able to hold my ground. Am I making any sense? :|

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok sis... so get started [this is Umm_Shaheed btw]

chat Quote

Silver Pearl's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol, well you could use this thread as a rant column thingy but there is a high probability that it may become the victim of idle chit chat. However, you can use your user page where it allows you to do all sorts e.g. create your own fancy title (glitter has invaded LI during your absence and many have suffered from glitter attack syndrome). What ever you want sister

And Welcome back, a belated Ramadan kareem.

وَاصْبِرْ وَمَا صَبْرُكَ إِلاَّ بِاللّهِ

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bak to de forums

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakhallah sisters for the warm welcomes...ok well just to let you all know inshaAllah by this evening at the latest i will put up my first "article" as i have been working very hard on it...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*waits patiently*

It had better be good.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dah dah here it is baring in mind it is my first..so its just a warm up....let me know what you think....

Sitting at my desk at work, I ponder of what exactly to write about, because it just seems to be that there is so much to talk about, therein showing just the state of the world that we live in. so therefore what will be my point of discussion, well I thought I would start off simple, the media. Ok so it may seem that I am jumping on the "hating -o-media bandwagon", but that’s not even the case, as technically I hated the media since it became fashionable to hate the media! And in that I kid I kid, ok so what about the media is it exactly, well firstly we have the amazing influences of the media, I mean being a Muslim and the current news that scrutinize Islam to the "T", and that’s not Mr. T that I’m talking about. Ok apologies for the lame attempts of jokes.

Well I actually think Rupert Murdoch and his puppets have done quite a good job, in making a fool of themselves, I mean half the stuff I read in those tatty papers, *Brit. you know you all indulge in the free Metros given out across the country* is a utter load of nonsense, and I thank Allah that I read Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl as a child otherwise I would’ve been inflicted in a chav like manner. Actually talking of chavs and for my brothers and sisters who are not familiar with that term, it is but those people whom live in British society who have a taste for sports clothing, preferably with the tracksuit bottoms tucked into the socks, and those devilish Timberlands, which by the way, people look into the history of the company of Timberland and you will be surprised.

Anywise back to the topic at hand, so what was it about chavs, ah ha yes, The Attack of the Chav, something, which happened to some friends and myself on the bus. We were sitting upstairs as you do, just talking about abroad and so forth, when two little girls about the height of my legs, but dressed like 23 year olds, and not just any 23 year olds, but Chavette ones, wow with the big, hoop, gold plated ear rings and PLENTY of pink, Reebok pink of course! Well ok back to, so as they walked past us, one of them coughed a rude word, at us, mmhhhmm and yes it was at us considering we were the only Muslims, unfortunately at this point I couldn’t do "jihad" and deal with the "infidel" as my friend was in the way, ah well. But don’t worry, she got her comeuppance, I shan’t say how though.

Well ok so what does this drama have to do with the media, well it was quite clear that this young lassie had seen or read or something had got through to her pea sized, prejudiced brain, for her to abuse us because of our faith. And this influence is the media, it’s amazing how the media really can influence everyone and anyone, if you let it that is. I think, with myself over the past few years I have become even less so of a conformist, I no longer desire to be lazy and let someone else do my thinking for me and so therefore I now form my own opinions, woohoo an achievement if there ever was one.

But as a wise man once said its all about how you interact with your neighbours, quite literally too, if us as Muslims are anti-social with people then people will start to believe what the media says, the media isn’t as influential as it makes out to be. I mean I remember myself back in the days of my youth, last summer, when I would get really angry because I would see Muslims actually supporting all the garbage that was written in the papers, by acting in the way that the Daily Mail says Muslims are, I mean at the end of the day, if we were just a little more hospitable with people then we would see a immense change in the opinions of others. Basically the media write the rubbish, but we are the ones who are left to dispose of it…so how will we do it…. either just sweep under the rug and pretend that it isn’t there, or even worse not even get rid of it but actually add more to it, or perhaps recycle it and make something positive of it, ok sorry for my bad analogy but ah.

I may even contemplate having my own paper, I mean I know I wont get very far Mr. Sky wont let me, but still one can aspire I guess. actually the idea of writing a newspaper which isn’t biased to the corrupt ways of the world sounds quite intriguing however the possibility of it seems somewhat unrealistic ah well.

Well this is where I draw my "article" to a close, it may not seem that interesting but I needed to test the waters somehow. I hope to have some comical yet serious ones coming up soon when I get the chance. Ma’salaamah and peace!!
    Last edited by Sister_6038; 10-20-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm..on the issue of chavs/ chavettes, the area I live in are full of them unfortunately..however, as of yet nobody has had tha audacity to insult me to my face..they just do it behind my back! But I don't respond and act as if I hadn't heard. "Innallaha Ma'assaabireen" right?
    By the way could you please enlighten me as to who Rupert Murdoch is?
    I've never liked the media either..Where oh where can we obtain reliable sources these day?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nice one nayaa! Good read.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post

Hmm..on the issue of chavs/ chavettes, the area I live in are full of them unfortunately..however, as of yet nobody has had tha audacity to insult me to my face..they just do it behind my back! But I don't respond and act as if I hadn't heard. "Innallaha Ma'assaabireen" right?
    By the way could you please enlighten me as to who Rupert Murdoch is?
    I've never liked the media either..Where oh where can we obtain reliable sources these day?
    yep sister right on...rupert and im not talking about the bear....hes the guy who owns Sky, and like a billion other media thaaangs. in regards to reliable sources.....hmmmmm....errrr.....?

Nice one nayaa! Good read.

lol thanks

and alpha dude bro i changed it for you...that cool?

oh yeah by the way if you give me something to write about i will not only write about it but also research it that cool?
    Last edited by Sister_6038; 10-20-2006 at 09:54 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Write about what I privately suggested.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis no way lololol....i dont need anymore bounty hunters out after me!! but feel free to suggest me a rant as im at work and the customers are making me wanna shout!!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Hat's unionic but ironic column Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hat's unionic but ironic column