Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation Nose job for UGLY nose

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am a boy and have a very big and bulbous nose, and the shape of the nose is "UGLY". My face looks "ugly" for my ugly nose. I am single and 26 years old. My "BIGGEST DREAM" in my life is - to marry a beautiful girl. The truth is - I cannot marry someone who is NOT attractive to me

I extremely fear that I will be rejected by any attractive girl for my ugly face. May be I have to be alone for my whole life if all the attractive girls reject me.

Can I get a nose job JUST to make my nose "NOT UGLY"?

(It's EXTREMELY RARE that I found someone else with an ugly nose like mine )

Please reply asap. Thanks.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Nose job for UGLY nose

Brother have you heard of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? Am sure you don't look too bad .

May Allah grant you a pious beautiful wife. Ameen.

Please read this fatwa by IslamQa on beautification:

The second type of cosmetic surgery is that which is done for the purpose of beautification.

These are operations that are done to improve the appearance in the eye of the beholder, such as making the nose look more beautiful by making it smaller, or making the breasts look more beautiful by making them smaller or larger, or facelifts, and so on.

This kind of surgery is not for any necessary reason, rather the purpose is to change the creation of Allaah and tinker with it according to people’s whims and desires. So this is haraam and it is not permissible to do it, because it is changing the creation of Allaah.
    https://islamqa.info/en/47694
    | Likes Muslim Woman, Umm Abed liked this post
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bro , make dua to Allah to strengthen your faith and bless u with a pious wife . Forget about nose , Allah won't look at your nose on the final day . Instead you will be accountable for your deeds.

Don't waste anymore precious time by thinking over nose . Life is toooo short to waste time like this . May Allah bless u .
    | Likes strivingobserver98, lonewolf007 liked this post
    Nose job for UGLY nose

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum salam,

I would say there may be a dispensation in your particular case.

The above fatwa is saying not to do a nose job or other kind of cosmetic surgery for the purpose of beautification - however, as you mention, your case is a little different in that you have a very rare shaped nose that is very unsightly and you want to 'correct' that. My advice would be to go in person to a shaykh who is knowledgeable and known to have wisdom and ask him this question for your specific case.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, Muslim Woman, ardianto liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My "BIGGEST DREAM" in my life is - to marry a beautiful girl.
    Oh, about this - you should change your dream man. For one thing, beauty is temporary. Looks will fade. Secondly, as a Muslim, you should align your biggest dream with making Allah happy with you such that he forgives your sins, protects you from the hell fire and grants you admission into paradise.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, Muslim Woman, ardianto liked this post
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum.

I guess the responses above gives clear perspectives on your query. The decision is now yours to make.

With your acceptance of your situation you might find every moment in your life blessed to a certain degree for persevering rather than non at all. Allah knows best.

Wishing you a great stay.

| Likes BeTheChange, Umm Abed liked this post
    Nose job for UGLY nose

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, you're making a far too big deal about it. The attractiveness of a man depends far less on appearance than that of a woman. Focus on accumulating wealth, power and status, and develop an assertive, confident, charismatic personality. If you do that, your nose won't be a liability. Then, it might even be an advantage, as it means you have a more distinct appearance and are more easily remembered.
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Grow a personality to hide your nose... Sorry I meant beard.

I'm kidding I recently got a spot on my nose..it will probably go away if I don't pick at it.

But seriously you will grow into it.. I meant, as you grow as a PERSON you will find better ideals for yourself and your potential partners.

I mean I thought mj was perfect as he was.

Most my jokes are in poor taste, that's why I'm so bitter.

...sorry
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 01-07-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    chat Quote

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Ed,

Sorry you are having issues with your nose. I have the same problem with my eyes. One of them opens more than the other one does. It's more of a problem when I don't sleep well, one opens a lot wider than the other. It used to really bother me. When my niece was a little girl, she would ask me why I had a wonky eye and it used to get me very upset. It also upset me that everyone else had perfect eyes and I didn't know a single person who had the same problem as me.

I thought about having it altered medically so both would open the same like everyone else. I looked at the prices but could not afford them, and then I read horror stories about it going wrong and people ending up with eyes that were even more strange and even going blind at times.

To this day, strangers look at me funny but it no longer bothers me. Allah made me this way for some reason, not entirely sure what that reason is, but I will have to accept it.

Friends and family have accepted me for how I look and no one utters a word. One of my closest friends at work, who follows no faith, yells at me if I ever mention my eye. She says it is perfectly fine and she can't see what I am moaning about.

Be happy for who you are and how you look. I know it's easier said than done, but good luck.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think I should post again just to reiterate the above sentiment..

Everyone goes through a time where they are at odds with who they are.. Whatever form it may take.

Struggle through it, persevere and come out better on the other side.

And sometimes we can all say the wrong thing, so don't let it get you down. We are all things to all people..

Allah swt make it easy for you and hopefully you can make it easier for others.

...we are all at odds with the man in the mirror

...sorry :/
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 01-07-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, BeTheChange liked this post
    chat Quote

Ed123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Oh, about this - you should change your dream man. For one thing, beauty is temporary. Looks will fade. Secondly, as a Muslim, you should align your biggest dream with making Allah happy with you such that he forgives your sins, protects you from the hell fire and grants you admission into paradise.
    Brother, if I do not feel "physical attraction" towards the girl, then I will not marry her I don't want to have a married life in which I will Not feel any "physical attraction" towards my wife I should say "Biggest necessity" instead of Biggest dream
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa View Post
    The attractiveness of a man depends far less on appearance than that of a woman. Focus on accumulating wealth, power and status, and develop an assertive, confident, charismatic personality. If you do that, your nose won't be a liability.
    Brother, pretty girls also want "at least" Average-looking man. I never seen a pretty wife with an ugly or "Below-average" husband. Obviously there are some exceptions, but they are NOT the usual scene.
    And my personality is Not charismatic, not even near to it. I have an "Average" personality at best...
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, would you like that girl who you will marry, will like you because of who you are and what kind of person you are or because what you are looking for?

Let me tell you a secret; if she likes you as kind of person as you are, then you are the most handsome man of the world - in hers eyes.

I advice that you stop looking your nose and instead try to be kind person and good Muslim. After years have gone, the beauty of face is just an old memory.
    | Likes ardianto, MuslimInshallah liked this post
    Nose job for UGLY nose

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was a good looking guy, but I was not obsessed to marry beautiful girl. First, because I knew, if I expect beautiful girl I should compete with other good looking guys and I could be lose in the competition. Second, because I already learned that not woman's beauty that would make a man happy, but how this woman treat her man.

Yes, I was good looking guy, and my biggest dream was marry a girl who didn't look at my handsomeness, but looked at my heart. Do you know bro?. If a girl attracted to your handsomeness, actually she is attracted to every good looking guy around her. Do you want to get experience like mine?, which an attractive girl approached you and made you happy, but then you realize that you were just an alternative choice for her if she could not get another good looking guy?.

It's okay to get nose job if your nose if abnormal because that fatwa apply only for cases which someone has normal body part but want to change it. But are you sure your nose is abnormal?, not just big and bulbous but still normal like some other people?. My nose is not beautiful. It's big enough and flat, but I never want to change it because I feel grateful that with nose like this I still look good in people eyes.

I have met few guys with abnormal physical condition, and have read stories about other guys like them. And no one of them expect to marry beautiful girl. For them, if a girl could accept them, they have been grateful. This is why I ask you, are you sure your nose is abnormal?.

Your problem happen because your obsession to marry only beautiful girl. But you don't have confidence because realize that you are not handsome. Then you started to seek a 'mistake' in your physical appearance, and you blame your nose. Nose job might be will make you feel better for a moment, but immediately you will start to compare yourself with other men, and you will lost your confident again. This is why there are people who do cosmetic surgery again and again.

Do not envy to the men who can get beautiful women because probably they are not happy with their beautiful wives. Just see the reality, how many men who married beautiful women but then get divorced.

Not every woman see a man on his physical appearance. There are many women who see a man on his heart. If you have beautiful heart, then you will look good in their eyes although you are not physically handsome. Do not look women on their physical beauties, but look at their heart. Then they will look at your heart too, and In Shaa Allah, at least one of them will open her heart for you.

Be liked by a woman because handsomeness will make you worry that she would go immediately if another good looking man comes into her life. This is the time when you will start expect to meet a woman who can look at your heart, not your handsomeness.

One thing that made me grateful in my life was I've ever married a woman who look into my heart. She still loved me although then I turned into fat man and lost my handsomeness. It made me grateful and happy although Allah has called her return to Him in 2013.
    | Likes Umm Abed liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is difference between handsome and good looking. Handsome man is good looking. But good looking man is not always handsome. If you look around then you can find men who look charismatic although they are not physically handsome. You can build yourself to become charismatic man that look good in the women eyes if you have good self confidence. But it would not happen if you still see a woman only on her physical beauty. Women will know it from your eyes, from how you look at them. And it will reduce your value in their eyes.

Do you know bro?, women really appreciate a man who does not judge a woman by her beauty. And if you can become a man like this, then they will have positive image on you.
    | Likes Umm Abed liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    I was a good looking guy, but I was not obsessed to marry beautiful girl.
    Brother, I am obsessed because that fulfills my natural need. NATURALLY, I do Not feel "physical attraction" to a girl who is Not attractive.(Sorry I am being honest )
    But it's very usual that any pretty girl will reject me because I am NOT at least "average-looking".
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It made me grateful and happy although Allah has called her return to Him in 2013.
    Sorry to hear that
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ed123 View Post
    Brother, I am obsessed because that fulfills my natural need. NATURALLY, I do Not feel "physical attraction" to a girl who is Not attractive.(Sorry I am being honest )
    But it's very usual that any pretty girl will reject me because I am NOT at least "average-looking".
    Basically every man want to get beautiful woman. But then mostly of them change their expectation from beautiful woman into a woman who has beautiful heart. Physical beauty no longer matter. It's because they see the reality. Beautiful women are not much in number, while men who expect them are very much. If they still expect beautiful women, they would never get married.

Young bro, learn to see a woman not on her physical beauty, but on her heart. In Shaa Allah, then you will be able to interested to a woman although she is not physically beautiful.

As I have explained in my previous post, there is difference between handsome and good looking. A man doesn't need to be handsome to look good. You can improve your appearance too if you learn how to dress, how to behave toward the other. Then women will have positive image on you, and you will look good in their eyes. You can, young bro, you can.

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Note the illusion of beauty what makeup causes. When you look at women at the street (oops, you shouldn´t as you should lower your gaze), you can´t be sure are they really what they are looking like as many use make up. If you have ever seen pics about the top models without make up (and without photoshopping), you would see that most of them look very average. And at the same time they are just those role models which create to people the idea of the beautiful woman.
    | Likes strivingobserver98, InToTheRain, Zafran liked this post
    Nose job for UGLY nose

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can improve your appearance too if you learn how to dress, how to behave toward the other.
    an ugly man will be ugly forever even if he wears the most smartest or expensive dress in the world. are you giving me false hope?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Nose job for UGLY nose Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Nose job for UGLY nose