star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Need some communication advice....

Report bad ads?

How do I better communicate with Muslims? Most of them hate my guts after hearing a few words from me.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Need some communication advice....

Salaam/ Peace

don't insult thier religion . Try to show respect when u commuincate with people of any faith .

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't insult anyone's religion, and I do try to be respectful. That doesn't help me in the least.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/ Peace

then what complian they do against u ?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KenPruitt View Post
    How do I better communicate with Muslims? Most of them hate my guts after hearing a few words from me.
    You need to give more information. What you said is not enough for anyone to give practical and relevant advice.

In what context are you talking to these Muslims? Is it in school? At work?

What makes you think they hate your guts? What few words do you talk to them about? Is it the same Muslims or you feel all Muslims hate you?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims hate me for my interpretation of the Qur'an, which is radically different from the norm and it challenges the moral ground that many Muslims stand on. Every single Muslim, without fail, has been offended by it thus far even though it's not insulting.
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims hate me for my interpretation of the Qur'an, which is radically different from the norm and it challenges the moral ground that many Muslims stand on. Every single Muslim, without fail, has been offended by it thus far even though it's not insulting.
    you're not entitled to interpret the Qur'an. you probably don't even know Arabic, so you've never even read it. you might have read someone's interpretation of the Qur'an, but English is a poor vehicle for interpreting Quranic Arabic.

thus, all you have probably done done is to dish out opinions, based on an interpretation, based totally on ignorance.

yup, i could see how that could tick someone off!

so, you may want to learn more about the Qur'an, Arabic or Islam BEFORE you start to form opinions about them. and really before you start jawing off about said opinions, based on ignorance.

oh, and what is it in your education, that in your opinion, makes you a great moralist?

peace

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If your interpretation of the Quran is 'radically different from the norm' you are interpreting the words of God / Allah incorrectly and that in itself can be construed as an insult. I'd advise you to take knowledge from Scholars who are able to interpret the Quran the way our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him) taught mankind because you cannot possibly do it yourself, especially if you have next to no understanding of Hadith and the Arabic language. Peace out
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I haven't even explained my interpretation, and I've already offended quite a few people.

"you're not entitled to interpret the Qur'an. you probably don't even know Arabic, so you've never even read it."

The idea that you the Qur'an can't be read in any other language than Arabic makes absolutely no sense. If that were so, the Qur'an would've said as much itself, since the Qur'an is perfect and complete. To make matters worse for the people who put this idea forth, they say, "The Qur'an can be read in any language other than Arabic, it can only be interpreted." If words on a page can't be read, they can't be interpreted. If they can be interpreted, they can be read. You can't have one without the other. And if the Qur'an indeed can't be read in any language other than Arabic, what's the point of having different translations? Aren't these translations inherently corrupted? Why aren't Muslims of all types up in arms about this blatant corruption of the Qur'an? Of course, all of this is silly, but you get the point.

"If your interpretation of the Quran is 'radically different from the norm' you are interpreting the words of God / Allah incorrectly"

Logical fallacy. Different doesn't automatically mean incorrect.

"I'd advise you to take knowledge from Scholars who are able to interpret the Quran"

Why do I need Scholars to interpret the Qur'an for me? I have the Qur'an itself, I can just read it and go from there.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why do I need Scholars to interpret the Qur'an for me? I have the Qur'an itself, I can just read it and go from there.
    Have a read

It is impossible for any human being upon whom divine revelation did not descend with Allah's support, to understand the Shari`a, its details, and its rulings autonomously, from the Qur'an alone. It is therefore inevitable that one must look into the Sunna which was revealed together with the Qur'an and the Sunna which the Prophet inferred from striving to understand the Qur'an, in which inferring he received divine confirmation.

One must therefore avail oneself of the Sunna [i.e. accept and make use of it] in order to understand Allah Almighty's meaning and infer the details of rulings from the Qur'an, because the Sunna is the only path to achieve that objective. If the Sunna were not probative then this would not be the case. Nor would it be correct for any of those who exert scholarly striving to look into the Sunna and avail himself of it toward that end. As a result no-one would have understood what exactly they are held responsible for, the rulings would have been disregarded, the legal liabilities (al-takalif) would have been cancelled and in vain, all of which is absurd and impossible on the part of Allah Almighty and Exalted.

What makes it clear that it is impossible for a mujtahid to rely solely on the Qur'an to extract what we mentioned, is that because the Qur'an has reached such a level of miraculous inimitability (i`jaz) and the farthest limit of eloquence and economy, it contains many secondary meanings, treasure troves and secrets, many of which are known only to Him Whose Speech this is, and to him upon whom their exposition was descended and revealed .

Al-Bukhari narrated in this respect that when the Prophet was asked about the status of donkeys (i.e. in comparison with horses in merit, especially in jihad), he replied: "Nothing was revealed to me concerning them except this all-encompassing, peerless verse: {And whoso does good an atom's weight will see it then, and whoso does ill an atom's weight will see it then} (99:7-8)."1 Consider how the Prophet took the ruling concerning donkeys from that verse, and is anyone else able to do this?2

Furthermore, the Qur'an contains stipulations that are summarized (mujmala) and others that are complex (mushkila). It is therefore necessary, in order to put them into practice, to have an explanation that expounds, clarifies, interprets, and explains them. It is further necessary that such an exposition come from Allah Almighty and Exalted because it is He that has thrust responsibility upon His servants and therefore He knows what is being meant before anyone else. And this explanation is the Sunna that revelation brought or upon which Allah Almighty and Exalted confirmed His Prophet if it originated in elucidatory striving on his part. Hence Allah Almighty and Exalted said {And We have revealed unto you the Remembrance that you may explain to mankind that which has been revealed for them} (16:44).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    It is impossible for any human being upon whom divine revelation did not descend with Allah's support, to understand the Shari`a, its details, and its rulings autonomously, from the Qur'an alone. It is therefore inevitable that one must look into the Sunna which was revealed together with the Qur'an and the Sunna which the Prophet inferred from striving to understand the Qur'an, in which inferring he received divine confirmation.
    And yet, the Hadith wasn't preserved in the same manner as the Qur'an, and to say that it was is to directly misquote the Qur'an. Also, those such as Al-Bukhari and the other Imams directly benefit from this kind of interpretation, so forgive me if I'm more than a little suspicious of it.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so forgive me if I'm more than a little suspicious of it.
    This concerns us how?

Most of them hate my guts after hearing a few words from me.
    Can't imagine anyone giving a d@mn really but OK.

What can we do for you truly?

best,

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Need some communication advice....

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I haven't even explained my interpretation, and I've already offended quite a few people.

"you're not entitled to interpret the Qur'an. you probably don't even know Arabic, so you've never even read it."

The idea that you the Qur'an can't be read in any other language than Arabic makes absolutely no sense. If that were so, the Qur'an would've said as much itself, since the Qur'an is perfect and complete. To make matters worse for the people who put this idea forth, they say, "The Qur'an can be read in any language other than Arabic, it can only be interpreted." If words on a page can't be read, they can't be interpreted. If they can be interpreted, they can be read. You can't have one without the other. And if the Qur'an indeed can't be read in any language other than Arabic, what's the point of having different translations? Aren't these translations inherently corrupted? Why aren't Muslims of all types up in arms about this blatant corruption of the Qur'an? Of course, all of this is silly, but you get the point.

"If your interpretation of the Quran is 'radically different from the norm' you are interpreting the words of God / Allah incorrectly"

Logical fallacy. Different doesn't automatically mean incorrect.

"I'd advise you to take knowledge from Scholars who are able to interpret the Quran"

!

actually, you DO NOT have the Qur'an itself if you are not reading it in Arabic. the English language simply isn't adequate enough to explain the full meaning of the text. let me go count...i have at least 11 different translations of the Qur'an (4-5000 pages worth) some with commentary and some with Tafseer. NONE are the same. if you want to tell me that you have read 10 different translations and you want to compare notes on a certain text, fine. but you think you have like a masters degree in the Qur'an cuz you read like Yusuf Ali. then you are sadly mistaken. or just plain sad...

i bet you don't know anything about Hadith either, but you say that you think that you are an authority on them. perhaps we should find out real quick, how old are you?

and i would still like an answer to the question: what is it in your education, that in your opinion, makes you a great moralist?

and perhaps, and i'm just saying, that people seem to hate you because you are really annoying and dis-likable?

peace
    | Likes جوري liked this post

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor View Post
    because you are really annoying and dis-likable?
    Unfortunately they're always the last to know.. For some reason their psyche feeds them the other stuff!

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Need some communication advice....

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I tried my best to be respectful, but I clearly wasted my time. This is the last time that I'm going to try to reach out to Muslims. You've all proven to me that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Muslims are nothing more than a pack of arrogant, self-centered, idolworshipping bafoons who are absolutely not to be taken seriously.

Good day.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I tried my best to be respectful, but I clearly wasted my time. This is the last time that I'm going to try to reach out to Muslims. You've all proven to me that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Muslims are nothing more than a pack of arrogant, self-centered, idolworshipping bafoons who are absolutely not to be taken seriously.

Good day.
    you mean you are not going to stick around and dazzle us with your brilliance and enlighten us with your intellect? :crickey:

whatever shall we do now?

alas, parting is such sweet sorrow...

:'(:'(:'(

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You give da3wa and take insults all you want to the religion and prophet before you decide to pay close attention to his words where he professes intent and reception!
    Per suret al'anfal if had known any good in them he'd have made them listen!

Best,

chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you dont sound bad.

there was this one colleague who was a staunch atheist and he was actually teaching me the job so i was with him for a while. once it wasjust me and him sitting down and he turns to me and says,

"i want to have a serious discussion regarding religion, is that ok?"

i replied,

"sure as long as its mature and respectful with due thought to boundaries"

his opening statement was,

"i think religion is the cause of all things evil"

now i could have flipped out, i could have thought him a moron and dismissed him by changing the subject but instead....

me: with a smile "why, what make you say that?"

after two hours he believed religion can bring about a lot of good,

so to be honest i dont agree with those muslims who have turned you away. if you misinterpret quran its their job to correct you
    | Likes IslamicRevival, NjmYqlb liked this post

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Jalal~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't like butting into such a heated thread atm, but seriously guys, if you want to help him, then using curse words and insulting him isn't going to help at all. How you convey the message is just as important as the message itself, so if you really want to persuade Mr. KenPruitt, then do it in a nice way. It doesn't seem right to see you guys ranting on about his mistakes, and then putting salams or some kind of salutation at the end, lol. Just lay off on the poor guy, he definitely isn't going to change his views through a simple thread post on Islamic Board. Just lend him a helping hand, and ultimately Allah will guide him if he is serious about learning the deen.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For all you who denounce Ken, how exactly do you suggest he should communicate? What would, according to you, be the correct way to communicate his position?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Need some communication advice.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Need some communication advice....