× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 76 visibility 14643

The scientific effects of saying ALLAH

00:00's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Qur'an and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons. The Dutch professor confirms his discovery with studies and research applied on many patients over a period of three years. Some of his patients were non-Muslims, others do not speak Arabic and were trained to pronounce the word "ALLAH" clearly; the result was great, particularly on those would suffer from dejection and tension.'Al Watan,' a Saudi daily reported that the psychologist was quoted to say that Muslims who can read Arabic and who read the Qur'an regularly can protect themselves from psychological diseases. The psychologist explained how each letter in the word "ALLAH" affects healing of psychological diseases. He pointed out in his research that pronouncing the first letter in the word "ALLAH" which is the letter (A), released from the respiratory system, Controls breathing. He added that pronouncing the velar consonant (L) in the Arabic way, with the tongue touching slightly the upper part of the jaw producing a short pause and then repeating the same pause constantly, relaxes the aspiration. Also, pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat.

What is exciting in the study is that this psychologist is a non-Muslim, but interested in Islamic sciences and searching for the secrets of the Holy Qur'an. Allah Ta'alah says,

" We will show them Our signs in the universe and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth ." (Holy Qur'an 42:53)

[Translated from the Qatari "Arraya" Daily Sunday, 24 March, 2002]

2. Report bad ads?
    Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The scientific effects of saying ALLAH

I think this one is already posted...

Jazakallah khair...

lyesh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SUBHANALLAH!!!! wow!!!

jazakAllah khair fo sharing!

lYeSh

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sounds like a combination of placebo and positive thinking at best.
    The best can be said is that controlled breathing exercise canbe healthy. And you can make any word you want using those techniques.

I wonder what it would have been like for concervative christians or jews?
    Last edited by ranma1/2; 06-26-2007 at 06:54 AM.

6. Report bad ads?
    Marina's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00 View Post
    pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat.
    Subhan Allah..

'Abd al-Baari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah that is soo cool

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah...

a Saudi daily reported that the psychologist was quoted to say that Muslims who can read Arabic and who read the Qur'an regularly can protect themselves from psychological diseases.
    It's true, I'm not just saying it because I'm a Muslim, seriously, listenning to the Quran has helped me through so many troubled times. Surah Ta-Ha in particular...Amazing.

Karina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

* In which publication was this discovery "announced"?

* Where did the "research" take place?

* What is a "psychological disease"?

* Who is this Dutch professor? I can find no evidence of his existance.

I'm sorry - I usually like to be presented with a little more evidence before I am taken in by claims like this. C'mon why isn't everyone a little more cynical about things like this..........

Well, it's obvious a lot of people will believe anything won't they.

Very Scary.

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

subhanallah and ps hey 46th post 4 more to go

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    Yep - especially if it confirms their prior beliefs.

It's a real shame that so many Muslims will only acknowledge the benefits of science when its findings appear to support Islam. That's a certain path to intellectual stagnation.

Peace

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

Yep - especially if it confirms their prior beliefs.

It's a real shame that so many Muslims will only acknowledge the benefits of science when its findings appear to support Islam. That's a certain path to intellectual stagnation.

Peace

I just can't understand why people will read stuff like this and accept it straight away.

It makes you wonder how many people will be well aware of this and take full advantage of this naive attitude.

It's really really frightening.

So let me ask you all..... why did you believe this dubious information without question?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^Hmm I wonder where I have heard this before "repeatedly." Oh wait.. HERE. from guys like you. Speak for yourself thanks You guys cant act like you havent done stuff like this, so pleasee drop it. And yes it does help, how do i know...well cuz it personally helps me
    Last edited by Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн; 07-01-2007 at 04:26 PM.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*

vpb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

* In which publication was this discovery "announced"?

* Where did the "research" take place?

* What is a "psychological disease"?

* Who is this Dutch professor? I can find no evidence of his existance.

I'm sorry - I usually like to be presented with a little more evidence before I am taken in by claims like this. C'mon why isn't everyone a little more cynical about things like this..........

Very Scary. wwwislamicboardcom - The scientific effects of saying ALLAH
    I don't know about the scientists above, but I know for a scientist called "Ali Iljazi", he is a Prime (higher than Phd), and he also invented a machine for testing bronchioles, and he explained the effect of saying the word Allah , which has to do with diafragm.

and he explaned in this video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    it is at minute of 3:23 , but unfortunately it is not in English.

but as for the scientist above , I don't know.

vpb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will try to translate that part of video inshaallah.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    ^^Hmm I wonder where I have heard this before "repeatedly." Oh wait.. HERE. from guys like you. Speak for yourself thanks You guys cant act like you havent done stuff like this, so pleasee drop it. And yes it does help, how do i know...well cuz it personally helps me
    Jazzy I am not saying that certain words or actions cannot have a positive effect, I am just eternally sceptical about what appear to be false claims.

Now it may seem harmless. But my point is that people are quick to believe things like this without really thinking about it properly. And I personally feel that this naivity can be utilised dangerously by certain people.

Me? I think that certain words can provide immense comfort and can no doubt bring on wonderfully positive thoughts and emotions.

All I ask is that people proceed with care when absorbing the claims made in posts like the one made by 00:00. I seem to remember one a while back claiming the devestating effects of Dihydrogen monoxide which seemed to create a sense of shock & panic on this Forum until I uncovered the fact that it was indeed a prank and Dihydrogen monoxide was WATER.

Study----Bio-chemistry

vpb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Now it may seem harmless. But my point is that people are quick to believe things like this without really thinking about it properly. And I personally feel that this naivity can be utilised dangerously by certain people.
    Yes , I agree, bc we are not supposed to believe things which are not proven, even if they speak pro-Islam. But bc of the love for Islam, people tend to believe quickly without proving if it is true.

But as for the scientific effects of saying Allah, is true. I will translate the part of the video inshaAllah, of the explanation of what happens to the body when sayin the word Allah.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here we have a "linguist"a teacher of some sort?-- and, I am not sure what the other lady does for a living?-- no matter, I am certainly baffled, at their input as to how spiritual growth halts scientific progress?.. further, I am amused by the so-called scientific insight of these non-scientists on research they have absolutely no knowledge of...
    I'll dismiss the thread as a hoax of some sort meant to feed eager, naive minds, yet here I present an article from numerous articles of the benefits of prayer and spirituality, coming out of well respected institutions! What say you about this as well?..

Being a scientist doesn't preclude one from growing spiritually or believing in things outside the scope of science, in fact I find an adjuvant effect marrying the two, and in fact this has enabled many to grow in ways that are possibly beyond your linear conceptions of the world, that is in fact how some become pioneers in their fields while others take their research, strip it of any humanity and present it as proof somehow that to believe in G-D has no room in a progressing world!
    How amusing on so many level... further, why would anyone who doesn't believe in G-D, spend so much time thinking about him? seems like a useless way to spend ones life, especially that, if that is all you have, it is much too short to spend it on a forum, Islamic or otherwise!
    whatever rocks your boat; However your opinion isn't any more balanced or progressive, than those who subscribe to a belief!

here is one from Duke university

Prayer, Noetic Studies Feasible; Results Indicate Benefit to Heart Patients

keywords : Cardiology, spirituality
    date : 10/31/2001
    media contact : Tracey Koepke , (919) 684-4148 or (919) 660-1301
    [email protected]

DURHAM, N.C. - Cardiac patients who received intercessory prayer in addition to coronary stenting appeared to have better clinical outcomes than those treated with standard stenting therapy alone, according to researchers at Duke University Medical Center.

Their results further suggest that using rigorous scientific methods to study the therapeutic value of prayer and other noetic interventions appears feasible and warrants larger-scale, more definitive investigations. Noetic interventions are defined as "a healing influence performed without the use of a drug, device or surgical procedure," said the researchers.

Results of the phase I feasibility-pilot, known as the MANTRA (Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic TRAinings) Project, appear in the Nov. 1 issue of the American Heart Journal.

"We now know that clinically meaningful, high-quality research can be done in this area," said Duke cardiologist Dr. Mitch Krucoff, who co-directs the study with Suzanne Crater, a Duke nurse practitioner. "The data are suggestive that there may be a measurable therapeutic benefit related to noetic therapies in patients undergoing angioplasty."

Patients who received noetic therapies showed a 25 to 30 percent reduction in adverse outcomes (such as death, heart failure, post-procedural ischemia, repeat angioplasty or heart attack) than those without such therapies, according to the researchers. While increasingly popular outside of mainstream medicine, noetic therapies have not been widely studied with rigorous, scientific research methods. This study represents one of the first such efforts.

"We know patients are very interested in these types of treatments, particularly in the role spirituality and prayer play in their health and health care," added Krucoff. "To best understand how to respond to such widespread interest, we examined whether good, mainstream, fundamental research science could be applied to these areas."

One hundred and fifty patients with acute coronary insufficiency at the Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center were enrolled in the prospective, randomized study from April 1997 to April 1998. All were scheduled for invasive cardiac procedures based on their clinical needs. In a five-way randomization, all patients were assigned (in equal distribution) to coronary stenting with standard care or to coronary stenting plus one of the following therapies: guided imagery, stress relaxation, healing touch or intercessory prayer. Of the 120 patients assigned noetic interventions, 118 (98 percent) completed the therapeutic assignment.

Differences in clinical outcomes between treatment groups were not statistically significant. However, those receiving noetic treatments "had lower absolute complication rates and a lower absolute incidence of post-procedural ischemia during hospitalization," said Crater.

"These noetic interventions help a patient achieve a state of calm equilibrium, or homeostasis, which puts them in a better state to help in their own recovery process," said Jon Seskevich, a Duke nurse clinician, who along with Crater, designed the non-prayer interventional therapies. He further noted that those assigned to receive prayer appeared to fare even better than those receiving the other types of noetic treatments and the control group.

To be eligible for enrollment, patients had to be experiencing chest pain at rest (with or without acute electrocardiographic changes) and be scheduled for invasive diagnostic angiography. All patients were managed in the coronary care unit of the hospital before and after angioplasty.

Off-site, intercessory prayer was provided by seven prayer groups of varying denominations around the world. The groups included Buddhists, Catholics, Moravians, Jews, Fundamentalist Christians, Baptists and the Unity School of Christianity.

"The name, age and illness of each patient assigned to prayer therapy was sent to each prayer group," Crater said. "These patients had prayers from all over the world said on their behalf for healing and recovery."

Denomination did not play a factor in the design of the study. Prayer and standard therapy assignments remained double-blinded to patients, family and staff. A trained volunteer performed the other noetic therapies at bedside within one hour of the cardiac procedure.

Although small, the researchers believe the study is an important advance in this area of medical research.

"This is an important study because it provides preliminary information suggestive of a positive effect that needs further study in a larger study sample," said Dr. Harold G. Koenig, associate professor of psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center, and one of the study authors. "Some of the greatest scientific achievements have come from those who step outside of the box, and I believe that is what this study does. The results tend to lean toward prayer helping people, but more study is needed."

Research is continuing. Phase II of the MANTRA project has already enrolled nearly 500 patients out of an enrollment target of 1,500 patients. The larger study is underway at nine sites throughout the U.S., including Duke University Medical Center, Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, Washington Heart Center in Washington, Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Scripps Clinic/Scripps Mercy Hospitals in San Diego, Geisinger Clinic in Danville, Pa., Florida Cardiovascular Center in Atlantis, Fla., and the Durham VAMC.

Preliminary data from this pilot study were previously reported at the 71st meeting of the American Heart Association in 1998. The American Heart Journal article represents the complete, tabulated, peer-reviewed results of the phase I study. Funding was provided in part by grants from G.E.-Marquette Electronics, Milwaukee; the Institute of Noetic Sciences, Sausalito, Calif.; the Bakken Family Foundation (Hawaii); the Heart Center, Duke University Medical Center; and the Duke Clinical Research Institute.

Other authors of the study include: Cindy L. Green, Ph.D., Arthur C. Maas, MD, James D. Lane, Ph.D., Karen A. Loeffler, Kenneth Morris, MD, and Thomas M. Bashore, MD.
    Last edited by جوري; 07-01-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - The scientific effects of saying ALLAH

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How amusing on so many level... further, why would anyone who doesn't believe in G-D, spend so much time thinking about him? seems like a useless way to spend ones life, especially that, if that is all you have, it is much too short to spend it on a forum, Islamic or otherwise!
    whatever rocks your boat; However your opinion isn't any more balanced or progressive, than those who subscribe to a belief!
    How amusing that you have taken the time and effort to become so defensive over what to most people is common sense.

All I am highlighting is the lack of hesitation when it comes to accepting something that we have heard or read.

I say this not just to one particular group or individual, but to everyone. You should know me by now. Take the media for example. We are all guilty of believing what we read or see on tv - all of us.

What is my crime in doing that????

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And Purest Ambrosia, please could you provide me with a link of further info on this "Dutch Psychologist"??

24. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    How amusing that you have taken the time and effort to become so defensive over what to most people is common sense.
    Defensive? Hardly-- I am cross examining, the same as you were doing questioning the quality of the original poster!

All I am highlighting is the lack of hesitation when it comes to accepting something that we have heard or read.
    and by all means no one is asking you to accept this-- however extensive research is done by respected scientists, and posted in scientific journals. I am also quite certain that there are scientists who are skeptical of the study itself, even if the institution that provided this one is a heavy weight contender!...

people bring their own prejudices and biases into research it is called (observer bias) if you have taken a basic medical statistics course, you'd learn what things you need to look for when judging a study, i.e. (P) value, relative risk (RR) assessment, the type of study run (most would agree that double blind, random is the best as is the case with article (I provided) by no means should be an indication that you should go assume a religious affiliation with a particular denomination, But you shouldn't be in such a hurry to be a skeptic either, when frankly, you have no knowledge of the subject at hand!

I say this not just to one particular group or individual, but to everyone. You should know me by now. Take the media for example. We are all guilty of believing what we read or see on tv - all of us.
    I don't know you at all, this is the second post I have read by your person!

What is my crime in doing that????
    What is the crime of the original poster?

peace!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - The scientific effects of saying ALLAH

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! The scientific effects of saying ALLAH Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The scientific effects of saying ALLAH