× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1713

A truly inspirational woman

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The elderly lady in the picture is Umm as-Sa’ad (moderator's message: picture was deliberately left out of this post). She was born 1925 and memorised the Quran at the age of 15. By the age of 25 she had the shortest chains of recitation (Ijzazh) to the Prophet sala Allahu Alihi wasSalam in the 10 modes of recitation.

She is a PIVOTAL point in Quranic instruction in Egypt, Alexandria in particular. From Abdul Basit Abdul Samad to Mishary al-Afaasi…all have recited the Quran upon her seeking approval to teach and recite.

Allah have mercy on her, she recently passed away at close to 90 years old. May Allah reward her for her service to the Quran.

Since 1950 she has taught and licensed in memorization of the quran over 100,000 students. She married one of her students. She was not blessed with any children through her nearly 50 years of marriage. She would say, “Allah barred me from children and their responsibility, so that I can teach his Word to the children of others.”

She also said:

“I feel that my memorization of the Qur'an is as complete has my knowledge of my own name. I cannot imagine that I can forget a single letter from it or even make a single mistake in its reading from memory. I do not know anything else in life like I do the Qur'an and its modes of recitation. I did not master any other Science or attend lectures or commit anything to memory except the Noble Qur'an, the texts related to its modes of recitation.”

May Allah have mercy upon her.
    | Likes Snowflake, Re.TiReD, Ramadan90, ~Zaria~, _Y168, Shaykha liked this post

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Shaykha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A truly inspirational woman

Subhaan Allah! May Allah Accept Her Efforts And Grant Her The Highest Rank In Paradise!!
    | Likes Snowflake, _Y168 liked this post

"Those Who Believe, And Whose Hearts Find Rest In The Remembrance Of Allah: For Without Doubt In The Remembrance Of Allah Do Hearts Find Rest."

[[ Surah Ra'd 13:28 ]]
    chat Quote

_Y168's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A truly inspirational woman

format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykha View Post
    Subhaan Allah! May Allah Accept Her Efforts And Grant Her The Highest Rank In Paradise!!
    Aameen. A truly Amazing story.

chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! A truly inspirational woman Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A truly inspirational woman