× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 46 visibility 5445

I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

Analyzing the pandemic of global American Hatred

By Jessica Long

02/27/07 "ICH" -- -- Alright, alright!! The secret is out….. I am, regrettably, not Canadian.

In fact, I am an American from a small city called Olympia, WA about three hours south of the Canadian border. But shhh…. Don’t tell!

Perhaps if you knew the grief these three hours distance have caused me the last six years you wouldn’t judge me so harshly for this little white lie.

.....Not only is it not safe to be an American abroad, it is not tolerated!

The majority of Americans I meet while traveling admit to the same lie as I do: “I am, uh… Canadian.”

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle17198.htm

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!

comparitive religion?

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    comparitive religion?

Salaam/peace;

yak.........i thought , i posted it on the General Forum :eek:

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm sure it will find its way over there!
    wow! that was quick!!

question authority
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/peace

i'm sure it will find its way over there!
    wow! that was quick!!

--thanks for pointing out. i don't know how it happened :confused:

i was reading a post in general forum , then i clicked on new thread & that took me to comearative religion.......not fair kay:

chat Quote

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol.

So you are an american?

Native or immigrant?

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell! atomicth4 1 - I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell! atomicth3 1 - I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well, after whining about it being on the wrong forum, i guess i should comment. i'm an american and i don't have $ to travel to other countries. if i did, i think i would feel pretty uncomfortable to be identified as such.
    i love my country, but i am ashamed of what has been and continues to be done in our name. i feel bush has disgraced us in the eyes of the entire world.

question authority
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam;

format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
    lol.

So you are an american?

Native or immigrant?

haha, which identity is much safer ?

may be , safest is not to be an American at all ?

I m on the safe side

chat Quote

Count DeSheep's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i love my country...
    The country that you have 'cause you stole it from my people, the Native Americans? There's this thing, it's called genocide...That's why America exists.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    strider's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep View Post
    The country that you have 'cause you stole it from my people, the Native Americans? There's this thing, it's called genocide...That's why America exists.
    Would you rather live in the past or the present looking forward to the future?
    chat Quote

AQSA's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Harsh..... but true.

One thing ive always wonderd though.... is why is was labled the 'new land'?

The example of those who take allies other than Allah is like that of the spider who takes a home. And indeed, the weakest of homes is the home of the spider, if they only knew.

wwwislamicboardcom - I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!
    Qur'an 29:41
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am well aware of our past and i don't love it. i don't love a lot of things we've done and are still doing.
    but i was born here. i stole nothing from your people. is it wrong for me to love my country?

question authority
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's a brutally honest article.

That may be, but it's grossly unfair to blame that on every person currently living there.
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Being a Native American myself, and by that I mean a member of the Kiowa Tribe, I can honestly say that I'm proud to be an American, and proud of my country. Do I wish things would have happened differently in relation to the colonization of the "New World", yes of course. That being said, I'm very proud of my country and I'm not "afraid" to tell anyone about it. The Native American population in the U.S. are very patriotic Americans, and serve in the U.S. Armed Forces at a higher percentage as a population than any other segment of the country. That is also something I'm very proud of.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    That may be, but it's grossly unfair to blame that on every person currently living there.
    I don't put blame on everyone living there. Just the ones who call themselves American. The ones who want to (and have largely succeeded in) defiling the land. Just a few months ago, there were people who wanted to dig up Native graves and erect a building. Of course, this story was only on the news once, and I haven't seen it online. Not important enough for the Americans to really care about.

is it wrong for me to love my country?
    If your country is America, then yes. If you love your country, then you put yourself in the same group as the devils that came and slaughtered innocent people. They're as bad or worse than terrorists, whether you want to admit it or not.

format_quote Originally Posted by AQSA View Post
    One thing ive always wonderd though.... is why is was labled the 'new land'?
    'Cause it was new to the white people who invaded everywhere else.

format_quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Would you rather live in the past or the present looking forward to the future?
    I'd rather live in the past, before the white man came. At least then there would be a sense of duty and honor in the people of "America".
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't put blame on everyone living there. Just the ones who call themselves American. The ones who want to (and have largely succeeded in) defiling the land. Just a few months ago, there were people who wanted to dig up Native graves and erect a building. Of course, this story was only on the news once, and I haven't seen it online. Not important enough for the Americans to really care about.

If your country is America, then yes. If you love your country, then you put yourself in the same group as the devils that came and slaughtered innocent people. They're as bad or worse than terrorists, whether you want to admit it or not.

'Cause it was new to the white people who invaded everywhere else.

I'd rather live in the past, before the white man came. At least then there would be a sense of duty and honor in the people of "America".
    What tribe are you a member of if I may ask?

Living in the past isn't going to change anything, and the U.S. isn't going anywhere. The Americans today can't do anything to change the past, the only thing that can be done is to address the problems in the Native community, i.e., poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, poverty, etc. Insults and name calling isn't going to improve anything.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Being a Native American myself, and by that I mean a member of the Kiowa Tribe, I can honestly say that I'm proud to be an American, and proud of my country.
    Why? Why be proud to join those that have committed genocide? They were the original Nazis! They did to us what the Nazis did to the Jews! How can you call yourself an American after what they've done? At least the Jews got a country of their own. What do we have? A few reservations, mostly on ground unsuitable for growing food. Many of us are now corrupted by gambling, alcohol, and tobacco. How can you call yourself American after they've all but destroyed our people?

Do I wish things would have happened differently in relation to the colonization of the "New World", yes of course. That being said, I'm very proud of my country and I'm not "afraid" to tell anyone about it. The Native American population in the U.S. are very patriotic Americans, and serve in the U.S. Armed Forces at a higher percentage as a population than any other segment of the country. That is also something I'm very proud of.
    As I understand it, a good many of us, if not all of us, that serve in the military do so to protect what little they have left. They don't want to be totally wiped off the map, and so they enlist.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you know - this is really B.S. and a load of crap.
    i am as bad as a terrorist because i happen to have been born here? i don't even know who my ancestors were, but i can be reasonably be sure that they came not all that long ago before i was born, and they were probably fleeing the very same kind of people that oppressed your people. millions of people came here because they were victims also.
    yes - i am aware that this country was founded on genocide as well as slavery. i know no other country - what do you expect me to do? sit in a corner and be miserable and guilt-ridden for crimes i had nothing to do with? commited by the kind of people who wouldn't even give me the time of day?
    if you have made these kind of people turn you into a person eaten by hate - i guess they've been victorious.
    loving my country is not the same as loving what my government has done and is doing even as i write.

question authority
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    What tribe are you a member of if I may ask?
    I am not a conventional Native American. I do not focus on membership of individual tribes, but rather on supporting the Native cause. I am not an officialy recognized member of any tribe, although I had a grandparent that was full Apache and a great-great-grandparent that was full Choctaw. I do not call myself American, as I can never be a part of that group. I am not a genocidal, self-interested capitalist. Americans, for the most part, are.

Living in the past isn't going to change anything, and the U.S. isn't going anywhere. The Americans today can't do anything to change the past, the only thing that can be done is to address the problems in the Native community, i.e., poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, poverty, etc. Insults and name calling isn't going to improve anything.
    I do not live in the past, I live in the present. I live in the time where there are few that actually care about my people. The Americans will never give us back another inch of land, they will never care about us being in poverty or anything. Not unless we gain some kind of advantage over them. There are a few Americans that realize exactly how horrible the crimes of America are, but not enough to get anything done. We must be self-sustaining. If we want something done, we must do it ourselves.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why? Why be proud to join those that have committed genocide? They were the original Nazis! They did to us what the Nazis did to the Jews! How can you call yourself an American after what they've done? At least the Jews got a country of their own. What do we have? A few reservations, mostly on ground unsuitable for growing food. Many of us are now corrupted by gambling, alcohol, and tobacco. How can you call yourself American after they've all but destroyed our people?

As I understand it, a good many of us, if not all of us, that serve in the military do so to protect what little they have left. They don't want to be totally wiped off the map, and so they enlist.
    Genocide? That is a rather loaded word, and truth be told, the Americans were far less responsible for Native deaths as some other colonial powers, namely the Spanish. In any event, genocide or no, the Americans of today are not responsible for atrocities committed by people hundreds of years ago. There were atrocities committed by my people that I'm not proud of either.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say Native Americans join the armed forces to "protect what they have left"...that doesn't really make sense. One could make the argument that many Natives join the military to escape the cycle of poverty on the reservations and urban areas in which they live, but in my experience they are proud to be serving THEIR country.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I’m American….Shhh!! Don’t tell!