Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Hello

Report bad ads?

Hello,

I'm Matt, a follower of Jesus from the UK. I'm here to learn more about you as Muslim people, what you believe, how you live, and (most importantly) the kinds of questions that you ask about the world and its Creator. I hope and pray that through our discussions together we will be led closer to knowledge of truth, goodness and beauty.

As this is my introduction thread, I should really tell you a few things about myself! I'm engaged to be married this coming July(!); I am a Maths teacher in a good secondary school in the South of England; I have played chess since I can remember, and I credit the game with much of the way I think; I am an avid reader, especially of philosophy and Christian theology; I am an orthodox Christian, an evangelical and a member of a Church of England (Anglican) congregation.

If you want to know anything else about me, I'm happy to answer any questions, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the forums!

Matt

2. Report bad ads?
    Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hello

Peace to you Matt,

Welcome to the forums
    Hello

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask any questions

congrats on being engaged - islam strongly emphasizes marriage over any out of marriage relationships

I am an orthodox Christian, an evangelical and a member of a Church of England (Anglican) congregation.
    All three?
    Hello

33 43 1 - Hello
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Stempy's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    Peace to you Matt,

Welcome to the forums
    Thank you for your welcome Perseveranze (I like the name!) and Peace to you as well.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask any questions

congrats on being engaged - islam strongly emphasizes marriage over any out of marriage relationships
    Thanks, aadil77!

All three?
    I'm surprised at your question as I don't see any conflict between any of them - evangelicalism is a particular movement within orthodox Christianity, and Anglicanism is an orthodox Christian tradition which has strong ties with evangelicalism. Do you consider there to be some kind of tension between them?

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forums. You may be somewhat surprized to discover that quite a few of us here were at one time Christians.

Feel free to ask any questions. The majority of the admins and Mods don't bite. I believe only one admin is ever grouchy.

Enjoy yourself and perhaps in the interest of better understandings we can all learn from each other.
    Hello

Herman 1 - Hello

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum.
    Hello

My soul waits silently for God;
    From Him comes my salvation.

Psalm 62:1

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welcome to the forum

Hope you enjoy your stay here
    Hello

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welcome to the forum
    hope u enjoy it here
    Hello

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."

Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wellcome my respected brother to IB as a new memeber of our precious big family, enjoy your stay and feel free to ask whatever you want in shaa Allah...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness Aameen

leaving you under Allah`s sight...
    Hello

sapvas2xc6e9di1ikgif 1 - Hello

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks Woodrow, PouringRain, Zafran, Mila and Amat Allah for your kind words!

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Welcome to the forums. You may be somewhat surprized to discover that quite a few of us here were at one time Christians.
    I'd be really interested to hear the stories and reasons people have had for becoming Muslims. Were you a Christian at one time yourself?

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah View Post
    Wellcome my respected brother to IB as a new memeber of our precious big family, enjoy your stay and feel free to ask whatever you want in shaa Allah...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness Aameen

leaving you under Allah`s sight...
    Thank you for your touching words Amat Allah. I believe that there are many paths to happiness in this life, but only one that leads to endless happiness, and that is the path to truth.

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum and may you have enjoyable and beneficial stay!

format_quote Originally Posted by Stempy View Post
    I'd be really interested to hear the stories and reasons people have had for becoming Muslims. Were you a Christian at one time yourself?
    you can read the stories of reverts, including unc. woodrow's, in this thread http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

Amat Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for your touching words Amat Allah. I believe that there are many paths to happiness in this life, but only one that leads to endless happiness, and that is the path to truth.
    You are very wellcome my respected brother. We are all believe that the only path which leads to the endless happiness is the path to The Truth my noble brother. May Allah give you the best of this life and of the Hereafter and all of the creatures of our Lord too...Aameen
    Hello

sapvas2xc6e9di1ikgif 1 - Hello

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks Woodrow, PouringRain, Zafran, Mila and Amat Allah for your kind words!

Yes, I was once a Christian and at one point a seminarian to be a Priest. After leaving Catholicism I became a fundamental Evangelist and spent a number of years preaching to Muslims throughout North Africa and the Mideast. I was in my older years and long retired from employment before I accepted Islam.

This link will take you to a thread that has the stories of Reverts,

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

many of them the stories of reverts that are members here. My story is Post number 125 should be on about page 9

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...tml#post323571
    Hello

Herman 1 - Hello

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm surprised at your question as I don't see any conflict between any of them - evangelicalism is a particular movement within orthodox Christianity, and Anglicanism is an orthodox Christian tradition which has strong ties with evangelicalism. Do you consider there to be some kind of tension between them?
    Not tension, maybe just a difference of beliefs, I have a greek orthodox friend who says their beliefs are quite different to those of protestants
    Hello

33 43 1 - Hello
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

18. Report bad ads?
    Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace.

Welcome to the forum.
    Hello

When there is nothing left but Allah that is when you find out that Allah is all you need.

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings of peace Stempy

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here and have the chance to learn about Islaam.

It is indeed a great place to gain knowledge about Islaam and hopefully you will learn more about how a muslim lives in his daily and every day life.

And Congratulations on getting Engaged.

..peace..
    Hello

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Not tension, maybe just a difference of beliefs, I have a greek orthodox friend who says their beliefs are quite different to those of protestants
    Oh I understand now, sorry - there is a difference between orthodox (small 'o') and Orthodox (big 'O'): orthodox Christianity just means any form of Christianity that accepts the Nicene Creed; Orthodox Christianity refers to the Eastern Orthodox tradition (e.g. Greek Orthodox Church). You're right that there is a difference of beliefs between Protestantism and Eastern Orthodoxy, the same kind of differences that there are between Protestantism and Catholicism. I don't consider myself to fit entirely within any of those major traditions (that is one of the reasons why I attend an Anglican church, because it is accepting of a very broad range of theological views).

22. Hide
Hey there! Hello Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello