× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 52 visibility 7904

When non Muslims appear to be guided

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question When non Muslims appear to be guided

Report bad ads?

I have been experiencing "bumping into" christians from Abundant life church, some liv next door, I started a job and there is someone there who belongs to that church. Have had good rapor with some and have held good conversation. Although nothing can ever shake my love for Allah I am confused that some, in particular a couple who moved from Italy to be near the church, seem to be so blessed and guided. Money from unexpected sources, a car for free just when needed etc. I know Allah gives to whoever he decices but a non-beleiver could think this is the right path. I dont wish to offend anypeople who are not Muslim. Seems to me Allah is bringing me into contact with these perticylar people and I dont know why. Has anyone got any thoughts on this. Peace
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: When non Muslims appear to be guided

i remember listening to a lecture by Mufti Ismail Menk [OK i listen to dozens and dozens of lectures by him!], a few points come to mind:

1) those who are not rightly guided MAY receive their "reward" in this life, because there is no reward fro them in the hereafter. still, make dua for them to be guided!

2) Allah[swt] tests those that He loves the most with many trials. IN FACT, if your life is going smoothly and there are no "bumps in the road" so to speak then you need to reflect on why Allah[swt] might be ignoring you.

3) at times Allah[swt] gives out of His bounty to test us! if Allah[swt] gives you everything that you need and more, you have no excuses not to turn back to Him! IN FACT, according to the Mufti, the pouring out of Allah's[swt] abundance may be a sign that He is angry with you!

you can listen to some of the Mufti's lectures here:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

listen to:

Examinations of Sabr...Pass or Fail

http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Vol1.html#Part4

and

Abdud Dunyaa (Slave of the World)

http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Vol2.html#Part8

the Social Conduct of A Muslim is excellent and the Tafseer sessions are done after Taraweeh. there are not complete Tafseer, but each year he highlights the Message in a different light, very beneficial.

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

having money and possessions is not a sign of guidance. also, they might not be very far away from the teachings of islam, thus they seem happy and so on.

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

br. Yusufnoor is especially on to something and it can also be found on suret al'moemonoon.. those folks who are generally good, are usually given their reward in this life, so they are owed nothing on the day of recompense.. further confirmed by suret az'zalzalah where we are specifically told that whomever does an 'atom's weight' of goodness or evil shall see it...

there was a time when especially blessed Muslims thought, that Allah didn't love them on the account he wasn't trying them.. but we must always remember, whether in good or bad there is a lesson and a tribulation...
    if rich how you'll use it?
    if poor how you'll deal with it..

and each is his judgement with Allah swt

And Allah swt knows best

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - When non Muslims appear to be guided

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony View Post
    I have been experiencing "bumping into" christians from Abundant life church, some liv next door, I started a job and there is someone there who belongs to that church. Have had good rapor with some and have held good conversation. Although nothing can ever shake my love for Allah I am confused that some, in particular a couple who moved from Italy to be near the church, seem to be so blessed and guided. Money from unexpected sources, a car for free just when needed etc. I know Allah gives to whoever he decices but a non-beleiver could think this is the right path. I dont wish to offend anypeople who are not Muslim. Seems to me Allah is bringing me into contact with these perticylar people and I dont know why. Has anyone got any thoughts on this. Peace
    Greetings, Tony

I think you are addressing two different issues in your post.

The first issue you raise is with regards to the guiding of non-believers.
    Personally, I have no doubt that God guides non-believers. After all, how else would non-believers come to faith, if not by God's guidance?
    Christianity teaches (and I think Islam does too) that God created all of us. We are all his creation, hence he cares for all of us!
    Why then would he not want to give us all the opportunity to find him?

Whether we take up his offer, is up to us.
    Christians believe that Jesus died for our salvation ... but it is up to each of us to choose whether we believe that.
    Muslims believe that we are all originally born Muslims and that we either need to remain Muslims or become Muslims at some stage ... but it is up to each of us to choose whether we believe that.

The second issue you raise is with regards to material provisions for us.
    I am not sure that having material things always equals God's guidance in our lives.
    Some churches put great emphasis on God's material blessings (I have just googled Abundant Life church, and I cannot find any evidence from their website that they particularly hold that view). Personally, I tend to be wary of such churches.
    Their thinking is an over-emphasis on God's promise to provide for us in our earthly life ... but I think there is a risk to distort Jesus' actual teachings. Material wealth is consistently presented by Jesus to be of little importance (except to provide for the poor and needy), even a hindrance in growing spiritually.
    I did not become a Christian because I wanted a bigger house or a new car (and I still haven't got either of those ), but because I believe that it is the best way to be in relationship with God, and to serve him.

That is not to say that people not often have a sense of God answering a prayer in the hour of need - and that need may be at times of a material nature. Perhaps a job or a place to live.
    I am sure God does care for our well-being - spiritually and materially, and that he does provide.
    But we shouldn't loose sight of the many blessings he gives us, which are not material. Our communities, friends and families, our health, joy, laughter, sharing in good times and in bad, providing for each other, etc, etc

Peace

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - When non Muslims appear to be guided

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

cute123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i dont know my brother always says , there should be atleast 1 pain , or 1 problem in ur life else its not easy. and the least of the problem is money.

Important Plz read:

May our tongues be the slaves of ALLAH.May no momin wear silk.May no momin wear oufit hanging below his ankles.May all mumineen wear hijab Ameen
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks all, some very good feedback there. I didnt mean to say that material gain was relevant to being guided, onl that these people seemed to get the help they needed at the right time. Good point about being rewarded in this life for being good person but then no reward in the afterlife, this made a lot of sense. peace
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks all, some very good feedback there. I didnt mean to say that material gain was relevant to being guided, onl that these people seemed to get the help they needed at the right time. Good point about being rewarded in this life for being good person but then no reward in the afterlife, this made a lot of sense. peace
    However, doesn't the Qu'ran teach that Allah will reward his followers in this life as well as the following?

Take: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/12702/reward

Unless of course the Qu'ran teaches that Allah only rewards believers and does not actively punish disbelievers? Though that would seem somewhat inconsistent.
    Last edited by KAding; 12-06-2008 at 10:55 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry, do you mean that Allah does not punish the unbeleivers. Didnt understand your post. But I realise Allah gives to whom He wills and takes away from wkom He wills. Can I ask a question, Why are so many atheists such solid members of this forum, are you looking for proof or faith. I only ask with respect and peace
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry, do you mean that Allah does not punish the unbeleivers. Didnt understand your post. But I realise Allah gives to whom He wills and takes away from wkom He wills.
    Well, clearly the Qu'ran teaches that believers are rewarded in this life, including with material well-being. For the sake of consistency wouldn't that imply that unbelievers do not get these rewards or are even punished for their disbelief?

Let me rephrase. Does the Qu'ran teach that disbelievers or even 'evil-doers' get punished in this life as well as the next?

Can I ask a question, Why are so many atheists such solid members of this forum, are you looking for proof or faith. I only ask with respect and peace
    I look for neither. I'm here out of interest, nothing more nothing less. I don't seek to convert anyone, nor am I looking to be convinced. I just want to learn .
    Last edited by KAding; 12-06-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok, as far as I can be sure at present not all Muslims are rewarded in this life, and at present I also except I havent the knowledge to disinguish any desciding factors in who is rewarded. I do accept that Allah knows all and that He is the greatest of all givers. And although I could be wrong I feel within my heart that some people of other or no faith will go to heaven, ie; Mother Theresa, Ghandi. Allah knows best. I have o say that I am happy there are people who are not Muslim in here as you help us to develop our faith, and it is a good thing to be questioned about faith as it clears up a beleivers veiw in certain areas. Peace
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    However, doesn't the Qu'ran teach that Allah will reward his followers in this life as well as the following?

Take: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/12702/reward

Unless of course the Qu'ran teaches that Allah only rewards believers and does not actively punish disbelievers? Though that would seem somewhat inconsistent.
    greetings Kading

A Muslims's greatest reward in this life is simply to be chosen to be Muslim..
    whereas righteous Non-Muslims as per Suret Al'momenoon

فَذَرْهُمْ فِي غَمْرَتِهِمْ حَتَّى حِينٍ {54}
    [Yusufali 23:54] But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time.

أَيَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّمَا نُمِدُّهُم بِهِ مِن مَّالٍ وَبَنِينَ {55}
    [Yusufali 23:55] Do they think that because We have granted them abundance of wealth and sons,

نُسَارِعُ لَهُمْ فِي الْخَيْرَاتِ بَل لَّا يَشْعُرُونَ {56}
    [Yusufali 23:56] We would hasten them on in every good Nay, they do not understand.

To sum it up.. money and children is the best this life has to offer, and indeed the Non-Muslims may have that in abundance until they perceive that they live righteous lives and that maybe God is hastening them the reward of their good deeds, however true victory and gain comes not in this life and in the here after..
    if you browse suret Az-zalazalh.. you'll see that God states, he isn't unjust and those who do an atom's worth of good deeds shall see their reward as well an atom's worth of bad deeds.. -- quite possible all your supposed good deeds, you shall see its reward in this life.. and I don't see how that can be a bad thing for someone who doesn't believe in God all together..

there are other verses as well to allude, that if men weren't afflicted at all (because I can almost predict your next question) that they would revel in iniquity-- sometimes your affliction is for the benefit of another human being that God loves..

hope that is clear!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - When non Muslims appear to be guided

chat Quote

Hafswa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Tony,
    The Bible says that " Every good and perfect thing comes from the Father above..." It also says that " No good thing shall He withhold from he whose walk is upright and blameless" and " My God shall supply ALL my needs, according to His riches in glory."

I beleive that in Islam too, Allah blesses those who deserve to be blessed not because they are special or have achieve something but because He deems you fit for the blessings because you are walking day by day, closer and closer to Him.

When you say non-believers i.e. non muslimahs appear guided, it is not to be measured on their wealth or what they have that you seemingly do not have but on their daily walk with God. They trust and believe that He provides..... He is their ALL.

I have a challenge for you, try and get close to them and talk to them. You might be amazed that they do not have anything
    "special" but simply rely on God for their everything.

Get closer to God and enjoy the blessings as they flow....
    chat Quote

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah rewards all that worship him alone, many methods are used, he rewards the worthy.

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    AntiKarateKid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Has anyone here here thought that their wealth was a test?

It was said in a hadith that we would wish we had gotten nothing here because the reward of the hearafter was so much better.

If they have recieved blessings and obstiately refuse to contemplate their religion and come to Islam, then they are in for a surprise when they die. They already reacieved whatever good was coming to them in this life, what is now left for the next???

Even Satan believes in Allah.
    chat Quote

Khalil_Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The key issue in the first post was obviously that it appeared to convey that guidance and "blessings from Allah," or getting what you want/need at the right time (which is, indeed, a blessing from Allah, are the same thing.

It seems clear that you didn't mean to convey this, and rightfully so!

But I think I see the issue you are dealing with here. Maybe it would be illuminated by the following question: how do the most devout Muslims live in poverty while non-Muslims clearly receive the bounties of this world? And we all know that nothing happens without the work of Allah, so that would mean Allah is giving the bounties of this world to non-believers?

Two points I want to make:
    1) I always talk about it, but Siratal Mustaqim! Righteous people are righteous people whether Muslim or not. Particularly so if they are righteous for the sake of God. Allah has chosen that they not receive the message of Islam in a way that makes sense to them and causes them to revert. Nevertheless, He no doubt sees their struggle to be righteous for His sake, and we all know that those who strive in the path of righteousness for the sake of God are rewarded (maybe with wealth or with a strong family or otherwise).

2) I think everyone who mentioned wealth and abundance as a sort of test are spot on! What is it like to be able to acquire everything you want and satisfy any whimsical desire that comes to you mind? For the righteous, it is no matter to them. Allah is all that matters and they know that the pleasures of this world are worth less to them than a drop of water to the ocean.
    But wealth is most certainly a test for you if you don't already have unbreakable commitment to the righteous life. If you have someone who has everything in the world, but no sense of commitment to God or afterlife, the best she can hope for is that there is enough stuff to keep her satisfied for the rest of her life. And chasing these desires are likely to lead one into sin, because the strongest desires of this world, I think, are the taboo and sinful desires. And there is proof of this because the strongest physiological behavioral motivator in a man is his drive to procreate, and yet zinnah is one of the worst of sins.

This is why we all say MashAllah when someone comes and brags about his car or whatever. Allah has blessed this person in this world to have what he wants. But the real question is, how is he handling the test? Is he really content? Does he sin constantly?
    chat Quote

Hafswa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Khalil,
    The point is whether we are non muslimahs or buddhist or christians, we all inpart receive test and trials to make our imman stronger.We all cannot have our cake and eat it....God has to put something in our lives that reminds us who God really is.

It could be like you said, receiving blessings and being tested to see how we handle it and I like that you especially noted contentment. In a previous post:
    http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1032891
    Sister Ramlah talked about how the things of this dunya seem to be more and more enticing and that her nafs was having a hard time keeping the desires away.....These are struggles that we have to endure becasue our reward is in heaven(Jannah).

Not receiveing wealth on this dunya is not restricted to muslimahs....there are Christians too livinging below the poverty level but that does not deter their faith.

Let me ask, when you say Masha' Allah to your frind with a fantastic car and a mansion by the beach, do you go back and ask Allah why He blessed so and so and left you out?? No, you accept it and pray that you also find favor before him. The concept is the same, Christians too are asked in Matthew 6:19-21 " Do not to store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be."

All our treasures- be they remarks about how nice we are to people, kindness, demonstration of love to a brother and sister should all be heaven bound by returning the thanks to God who is the sole provider of all these things.
    chat Quote

MuslimCONVERT's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Sometimes Tennessee (redneck Muslim) Sometimes Cairo, Egypt
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    Well, clearly the Qu'ran teaches that believers are rewarded in this life, including with material well-being. For the sake of consistency wouldn't that imply that unbelievers do not get these rewards or are even punished for their disbelief?

Let me rephrase. Does the Qu'ran teach that disbelievers or even 'evil-doers' get punished in this life as well as the next?
    The Qu'ran teaches that some disbelievers will recieve a torment in this life so that they may ponder and perhaps be guided. I.E. they may wonder why their life is so difficult and unblessed, and search for God, and His help, whereby being guided. Other disbelievers, particularly the hypocrites [that is, people who claim to believe in one God, but in their hearts do not believe] are rarely tested with trial and affliction, all of their good deeds being wasted on this life, and in the hereafter, according to one Hadith, they will come to Allah [swt] on the day of judgement with good deeds behind them the size of mountains and everyone will be impressed, until Allah [swt] destroys that mountain, and sends them to hell in humiliation.

But there can be exceptions to either rule... for example, a hypocrite Allah [swt] may test hard in order to bring him to the right path, and so on. I understand the Qu'ran, when it mentions *groups* such as "disbelievers" and "Hypocrits" to be speaking in general terms, implying that there may always be exceptions according to the wisdom of Allah [swt].

As for the believers, the Prophet Muhammad [saas] said that there will be some Muslims who have an easy life, and an easy death, and an easy hereafter, and we should all pray to be among them. -The implication being that some Muslims will not have an easy life or an easy death. But even if their life isn't easy, Allah [swt] will make them content, because there is a Hadith in which the Prophet Muhammad [saas] said that Allah [swt] will make everyone's way easy for him... meaning, if it is written for you that your life will be harder than others, Allah [swt] will still give you the ability to handle that with contentment.

That being said, everyone's life will have ups and downs according to our perception. Repeatedly the Qu'ran calls us to witness the changing of the seasons as a sign, giving life to the dead vegetation, and so on, and says that it is a sign to those who ponder. The Qu'ran mentions the lives of various Prophets, and one of the things constant between all of them is that their life was very difficult when they first started preaching monotheism to their people, but eventually the help of Allah [swt] came and they were delievered from distress and difficulty.

That saying "Night is always darkest before the dawn" is a very Islamic way of thinking. The Qu'ran says, "With every difficulty there is relief" and also says that sometimes Allah [swt] will test people so hard that even Prophets and messengers and their righteous followers will wonder when the help of Allah [swt] will come, and it is at that moment that they are rescued from pain and grief, or as the Qu'ran puts it, it is at that moment that "verily, the help of God is nigh..."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I just read that suplication to Allah is answered in three ways.Allah accepts it and grants whatbwas asked for, He delays its rewards to the next life or removes a problem equal in magnitude the Du'a (Ahmad,Bazzar,Abu Ya La and Hakim). So being given hardship from Allah is really and trully a blessing as "If the gates of Du'a are opened by man, the gates of mercy will be opened before him. And the most beloved thing for which Allah(swt) loves to be asked is safety." (Tirmidhi and Hakim). Peace

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are ever mentioning in the quran the differences of a believers and non-believers.

Just read the quran and you will be thankful to Allah swt that you are a muslim...
    There are so many benefits of being a muslims and believers.

I can give you examples...but it is better for you to read it yourself. And you will understand even we are being tested ...it is always for the good. Nothing happened to a believer but only for his own good.

It is true that being a believer and a muslim alone it is not good enough...thats why in the quran is telling and remind us continuously to perfect ourselves to be the best muslims (at least less than perfect )

However, a believer is always the best in the eye of Allah subhanahuwata'ala. Just remember that

heart 1 - When non Muslims appear to be guided

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! When non Muslims appear to be guided Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. When non Muslims appear to be guided