Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Glad to find this board

Report bad ads?

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for Islamic sources and came upon this forum. I joined so that I could read and comment, as well as getting answers to any questions that might come up.

I'm very familiar with the Bible - which I like very much, but am dismayed and enlightened at how it is misused and not at all understood by those who claim it as a god. I want to learn about Islam, and am reading a Qur'an translation, but I also plan to learn Arabic so that I can read the authentic Qur'an. What strikes me most at this point, when I know very little about Islam, is the similarity to my own belief in God without associate or idolatry. That is a major point in Islam and in my thinking.

2. Report bad ads?
    Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Glad to find this board

Welcome to the forum Cala

Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself

You have come to a great place to learn about Islaam!
    Glad to find this board

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace Cala,

Welcome to the forums, your situation is interesting. I would recommend you read the revert stories thread about people in similar situations as you. But, at the end of the day, do and believe what you feel is right in your heart. The fundemental differences from Christianity to Islam -

- One God, without any partners. Only One King resides and looks over the heavens and the Earths.
    - Jesus(pbuh) a Messenger of God.
    - Muhammad(pbuh) a Messenger of God.
    - Every soul is held accountable for their own actions.

Now compare that with...

- Trinity, which pretty much no one understands. Is there 3 Gods or 1 God, so confusing.
    - Jesus(pbuh), despite his Human life and actions, worshiped and believed to be God Himself or Son of God.
    - Muhammad(pbuh) a satan? (Wouldn't believe how many Christians actually use that arguement lol).
    - You can only be saved if you believe that Jesus(pbuh) died for YOUR Sins.

That's all I have to say.
    Glad to find this board

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welcom to the forum sister, hope ur stay will be beneficial.
    Glad to find this board

6. Report bad ads?
    Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam aleikum, Cala! Sounds a lot like me before I reverted . . . reading the Qur'an and thinking that it was amazing how close it was to what you believed all along. May I ask what translation you're reading?

If I may make a fun recommendation for you that helped me a lot in filling in some of the gaps between Biblical and Qur'anic viewpoints, you may wish to look up a TV series called "Stories of the Prophets with Yusuf Estes". It's made for children, but he is a great narrator and as he used to be an evangelist preacher, he seems to take great care in explaining the "whys" things are such a way in Islam. I learned a lot from it when I first started my research.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Glad to find this board

Hello and Welcome ?

9. Hide
Hey there! Glad to find this board Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Glad to find this board