star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

obsessive behaviour

Report bad ads?

I have obsessive behaviour which effects my day to day life and my obligation to pray and read the quran.I have tried hard to rid myself of this with proper help but it will not go away. Please help
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: obsessive behaviour

well, it's good that you have recognized your problem. thats half the solution, inshallah.
    Can u be a little more specific what your problems are so that maybe we can find a specific solution.

chat Quote

brightstar's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To be more specific I fear objects and people from a place where I used to work. If I see these people or objects like those i saw at a particular workplace I begin to feel revulsion and avoid these things at all costs.I am throwing away clothes jewllery shoes and items that I associate with this place .I have members of my family who go to this place and if they touch me or step on my shoes i freak out.I feel ashamed of myself when I avoid my family members or when I cant touch specific objects.It sounds bizarre but I have lived like this for last 8 years.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brothers and sisters.

Wow!! 8 years of paitence. interesting.....subhanallah
    the solution i reckon is really up to you. to put it simply, i suggest you do the opposite. i suggest that every time a family member goes to this place and step on your shoes or whatever the case may be, stay in that position no matter how hard it is. just stand there and say to your self, its okay if so and so touches me or steps on me. no big deal. im not gonna die. so yeah, just aquire the oppostie. get yourself used to it, and inshallah it will become a habbit, which will then become second nature. force yourself not to throw those things away, force yourself to look at them, so that you know that they are just clothes, etc and although they have horrible memories behind them, it's really not gonna help to throw them away. tell me, is it helping to thhow these things away.
    trust me anxeity should not be fed. the more you feed it, the more it gets worse, haven't you noticed that??
    it may be hard the first few times, and you may experience that you fall down and give in occasionally, but just be consistant.

thats all for now inshallah.
    just be strong and paitent.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    nevesirth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

obsessions are very complex to treat, i suggest u talk to a professional. all absessions are unique therefore one type of treatment cant be prescribed, u have to get to the root of wht triggers off ur phobias, it might even be an unpleasant experience in the past.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! obsessive behaviour Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. obsessive behaviour