× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 1758

Praying in one's shoes

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Praying in one's shoes

Report bad ads?

Why is this sunnah dead nowdays? Most of the people i've asked have said to keep the carpet clean in the Masjid...But then if you think about it, the hadeeth says that before any one enters the masjid they should check their shoes for filth, and if there is filth, then he should knock it until it is clean..another hadeeth that is also so clear, "pray in your shoes, for verily the jews dont pray in their shoes." Thats an order. But still, nowdays whenever someoen tries to enter the masjid with thier shoes, even though they check it first for filth, people get so mad?

why?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    khadijah06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Praying in one's shoes

Hmm i really dont know.

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 383:
    Narrated Abu Maslama:

Said bin Yazid Al-Azdi: I asked Anas bin Malik whether the Prophet had ever, prayed with his shoes on. He replied "Yes." (Bukhari)
    chat Quote

Lina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

'The Prophet salah Allah alayhi wa sallam would stand barefoot in his prayer and sometimes with his shoes on' Abou Daawoud & Ibn Majah. (moetawwir Hadith)

Wa Allah ou A'lam

source:
    Sifat Salaat an Nabi salah Allah alayhi wa salam min at takbeer ilaa tasliem ka'annaka taraahaa by Sheikh Al Albaanie
    Last edited by Lina; 02-27-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    chat Quote

mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post

'The Prophet salah Allah alayhi wa sallam would stand barefoot in his prayer and sometimes with his shoes on' Abou Daawoud & Ibn Majah. (moetawwir Hadith)

Wa Allah ou A'lam

source:
    Sifat Salaat an Nabi salah Allah alayhi wa salam min at takbeer ilaa tasliem ka'annaka taraahaa by Sheikh Al Albaanie

Salam
    Exactly what i was going to quote
    Jazakallah Khayr
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf View Post
    Salam
    Exactly what i was going to quote
    Jazakallah Khayr
    Wassalam

Wa iyaak,

The same book? Because maybe you can also quote another hadith mentioned in the same chapter, I'm afraid of making mistakes while translating.

JazakAllah AlKhair.

chat Quote

mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post

Wa iyaak,

The same book? Because maybe you can also quote another hadith mentioned in the same chapter, I'm afraid of making mistakes while translating.

JazakAllah AlKhair.

No, it was the same book
    Barakillah Feekum
    chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What about Anas ibn Maalik's hadeeth in the Mustadrak for ibnul Haakim..I dont know the exact words, That the Prophet peace be upon him used to pray in his shoes all of the time,except one time when Jibreel told Him peace be upon him to take it off, because there was some filth at the bottom.

Also the prophet ordered people to pray in their shoes. Not without.

I'm not saying it's wajib..i'm just saying that it's a sunnah that was very much practiced at the prophets time, and now it's totally dead. And people give such silly reasons for it too.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89 View Post
    What about Anas ibn Maalik's hadeeth in the Mustadrak for ibnul Haakim..I dont know the exact words, That the Prophet peace be upon him used to pray in his shoes all of the time,except one time when Jibreel told Him peace be upon him to take it off, because there was some filth at the bottom.

Also the prophet ordered people to pray in their shoes. Not without.

I'm not saying it's wajib..i'm just saying that it's a sunnah that was very much practiced at the prophets time, and now it's totally dead. And people give such silly reasons for it too.

He salah Allah alayhi wa salam said: When one of you prays, he should wear his shoes or take them off and put them between his feet, and not harm others with them. [Abu Dawood & Bazzaar (53, az-Zawa'id); Haakim declared it saheeh and Dhahabi agreed.]

Wa Allah ou A'lam

chat Quote

julie sarri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i have also herd the story that the prophet (saw)was praying in his shoes and was told there was filth on his shoe so he looked and one of his shoes did have filth on it so he took the one shoe off but kept the other shoe on and i thinck taking your shoes off in the mosque is just a safety thing becouse if your in a mosque and there is so meny people there if your wearing shoes you may stand on some one by mastake
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Praying in one's shoes Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Praying in one's shoes