BoiStop's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

Report bad ads?

Salaam,

Omgosh!

I now know y der r 4ems dat b3nd talkin' lik dis.

It's really annoying and wow it looks horrible and it is not even cute. I'm not even going to bother responding to the replies that I get that speak this slang. I can't believe that I am sounding boogie, but I can really see why this rule is implemented on certain boards. Yuck.

salaam

2. Report bad ads?
    F.Y.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis?

Salam
    Completely agree. People should take the time to write in full sentences and attempt to spell words correctly. I think it's harder to try to decipher what someone is saying 'wen dey start ritin lyk dis' compared to real English.

Remember people - we are trying to make it as easy as possible for each other to understand what we are trying to say. Don't make it any more difficult by using slang.

Plus, if you write nicely and in proper English with the intention of making it easy for someone to read, you'll get rewarded inshallah.

That's my rant. Thanks BoiStop for bringing that up.

Peace

wwwislamicboardcom - Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

“Verily passion turns kings into slaves, and patience turns slaves into kings…Do you not see the story of Yusuf and Zulaykha?”

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the Queen's English

I agree so much I even changed the thread title for clarification

Sister_6038's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the Queen's English

jolly good old chap!! hee haw hee haw!!

6. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the Queen's Engl

...an old lady at work said to me "You speak the queens english better than most of the english speaking folks i know!"

So i said to her "stuff the queens english,..im a royal on my own.."

wwwislamicboardcom - Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Frankly, if you want to be understood, you have to write in a way that's legible!
    Personally, I find some of these texting post so hard to decipher, that I am likely not to read them at all. And I know I'm not the only one!

Mind you, the same goes for those huge long posts, usually cut and pasted, and often without any paragraphs to make it easier on the eye!

Never mind Queen's English - just plain old people's English will do! :thankyou:

Peace.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the Queen's Engl

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Never mind Queen's English - just plain old people's English will do! :thankyou:

Peace.
    Its called "Zubairs English" ****** <~~~ ( looks like im not allowed to say that word.. ),have you forgotten already? Im a royal kay:

Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    Its called "Zubairs English" ****** <~~~ ( looks like im not allowed to say that word.. ),have you forgotten already? Im a royal kay:
    Unfortunately for you, I am not a royalist!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OFF WITH HER HEAD !! kay:

Alrite alrite,back on topic,..yeah,..people,refer to www.dictionary.com

*trying to remember who got upset at me last time i posted a link to www.dictionary.com )

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

^forget cool. If you try to say what they have actually written, you would be forgiven for thinking they've got something stuck in their mouth - or that they've temporarily taken out thier dentures or something.
    No offence to anyone. Just write nicely.
    Peace

“Verily passion turns kings into slaves, and patience turns slaves into kings…Do you not see the story of Yusuf and Zulaykha?”

x Maz x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

Ya Allah we been through this *eyes rolly*...If i wana cht lyk dis i shal n if i want to converse in such a manner I friggn' well shall ..Peace...
    I will purchase a dictionary and learn it all And then flex it bout Just for you though...Peace x

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Aim for the ultimate prize
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    By definition has no flaw
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    ~I$lAm Z!nDaBaD~ BrAp BrAp

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x View Post
    Ya Allah we been through this *eyes rolly*...If i wana cht lyk dis i shal n if i want to converse in such a manner I friggn' well shall ..Peace...
    I will purchase a dictionary and learn it all And then flex it bout Just for you though...Peace x
    Must... resist... temptation... to... delete... post...

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    jolly good old chap!! hee haw hee haw!!
    LOL

I suppose sometimes you can't even read what is being typed.

if its a few shortenings like this sentence here (minimal), or:

Why cant we just talk like dis.

But as long as it is readable it shud(Note:should) be ok.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why???...I swear you got it in fo meh...tsk...be like that..Peace x

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x View Post
    Sorry sister Maz, but:

Sumtimes I can't even understand what you're sayin.
    Last edited by afriend; 05-30-2006 at 11:33 AM.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To Maz

llew yrt ot erugif thaw i ma gniyas won neht. woh seod taht leef? yltcaxe. ton a ecin gnileef si ti?

ecaeP

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol why you sorry? Everyone's entitled to being stupid and I just abusing the privelege ...Ah well thats life, live wit it or kill yourself
    Peace x

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

llew yrt ot erugif thaw i ma gniyas won neht. woh seod taht leef? yltcaxe. ton a ecin gnileef si ti?

ecaeP
    Well try to figure what I am saying now then, How deos that feel? Exactly not a nice feeling is it?
    Peace

I must say me ol' codger it feels damn good, like takin' candy from a baby *he ha ho*..
    Oh i do declare it was a pickle trying to find out what thy was on about but i daresay i do love challenges...
    Well me jolly ol' chap thankyou for that intriguing post but damn me if I'm wrong I dont think the horrid youth of today are that bad whilst posting?...Dear me, I shall need to adopt this manner of conversing on a more permnant long-term basis and put that awful yobbish talk in the litter bin to be recycled and left for another soul...
    Peace and blessings me unto you x
    Last edited by x Maz x; 05-30-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did say 'Sometimes'......

and now all you sisters keep your gazes down while I do something:

thanx bro Muezzin!

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^I ensured i made it easy enough for you to guess how to read it Maz. I think the give away was the capital P I wrote.
    What a difference punctuation makes eh?

Keep writing in English kiddos!
    Peace

26. Hide
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary