× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1633

Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Children in Syria are subjected to "appalling" torture, imprisonment and abduction, and these atrocities should be better documented, a report by British charity Save the Children says.

[...]

Save the Children has documented numerous cases of abuse against children during Syria's 18 month conflict, which was sparked by unrest over the arrest and torture of children in the town of Deraa.

The children had written a well-known slogan of the popular uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt on a wall.
    One 15-year-old told the charity he had cigarettes put out on him when he was imprisoned in what used to be his school.

Another described being given electric shocks and sharing a cell with decomposing bodies, while a third teenager, Wael, said he had seen a six-year-old die after being tortured and starved.

The 16 year-old told the report's authors: "I watched him die. He only survived for three days and then he simply died."

"He was terrified all the time. They treated his body as though he was a dog."

Save the Children's report described the acts as "consistent, recurring and appalling".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19709041

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    User29123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Maybe it is bad, but lets not forget about the bombs America rains each day in Iraq and Afghanistan, must scare the living sh** out of children, same with Israel tears of Gaza shows everything..even worse..
    | Likes glo, جوري, Jedi_Mindset, ba51th liked this post
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle View Post
    Maybe it is bad, but lets not forget about the bombs America rains each day in Iraq and Afghanistan, must scare the living sh** out of children, same with Israel tears of Gaza shows everything..even worse..
    Yes, that is shocking and terrible too.
    But it doesn't lessen the trauma of the children in Syria ...

We should raise awareness and speak out against and fight against ALL injustice and terror in the world, never cease doing so and never give up hope that the future can be better!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

I created before Teddy Bear campaing to Gaza. For kids there who lost all they toys and some members of family at war 2008 - 2009. Maybe kind of campaing might help also kids in Syria. I have friends in Turkey whose can bring teddies to there but they risk they life every times they go over border.

Before I have sended medicines to Syrians...

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Syria child trauma 'appalling' - Save the Children reports