× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 18 of 18 visibility 2097

New york power cuts?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

New york power cuts?

Report bad ads?

Been hearing that there have been power cuts in New York, I'd just like to make sure that it's completey bogus......Please tell me it's only bogus stories....
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: New york power cuts?

Oh come on!!!!

Perhaps that may be true....cos no New York people are online
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I aint from new york but i am from old yoke
    Messin :brother:

U from new york or old
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum

i know that there were power cuts in ceneral london the other day
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Woah lol.....My goodness even in London??? oh: :eek:

Well, I'm in the US at the moment, and I'm planning to go NYC in a few weeks.....I don't want to be left in the dark...if you understand what I'm saying....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wats goin on y is the power bein cut

I hope the power dont go
    cause its a pig problamo u kno

pray it dont go:brother:
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is fairly common for power cuts in the New England Sea board States this time of year. The Electric usage from air conditions exceeds the power production when all the air conditioners kick on. The new England states made the error of relying on nuclear power plants and they are proving to be not as efficient or low cost as was planned for them to be. We got talked into and convinced that they were the way to go. Now, that the plants are getting a few years of age on them many are having to be shut down. An expensive error that resulted in less electricity, more polution and a higher cost. The examples of nuclear power in New York, Connecticut, Massachusets and the other New England States is probably the worlds poster child for the reasons a country is crazy to consider nuclear power, using our present technologies. It is expensive and not reliable.

In the Summer months, New York with it's High Tech fancy nuclear reactors, is dependent on obtaining much of it's electricity from old archaic plants in Canada.
    New york power cuts?

Herman 1 - New york power cuts?

chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ahah well the other day it went off in Bristol and i was like what the!!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    It is fairly common for power cuts in the New England Sea board States this time of year. The Electric usage from air conditions exceeds the power production when all the air conditioners kick on. The new England states made the error of relying on nuclear power plants and they are proving to be not as efficient or low cost as was planned for them to be. We got talked into and convinced that they were the way to go. Now, that the plants are getting a few years of age on them many are having to be shut down. An expensive error that resulted in less electricity, more polution and a higher cost. The examples of nuclear power in New York, Connecticut, Massachusets and the other New England States is probably the worlds poster child for the reasons a country is crazy to consider nuclear power, using our present technologies. It is expensive and not reliable.

In the Summer months, New York with it's High Tech fancy nuclear reactors, is dependent on obtaining much of it's electricity from old archaic plants in Canada.
    That's frightenning...OK jazakalah khair....

I got what I needed, this can be closed if required
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Ninth_Scribe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post

Been hearing that there have been power cuts in New York, I'd just like to make sure that it's completey bogus......Please tell me it's only bogus stories....
    Not bogus... Queens (my old neighborhood) was down for over a week. Don't read too much into it though, this happens because of heat-waves. Too many people turning on the AC all at once... it blows the transformers, one after the other, down the line like 4th of July fire-works. They shut the grid down to minimize damage.

Ninth Scribe
    Last edited by Ninth_Scribe; 07-30-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    New york power cuts?

wwwislamicboardcom - New york power cuts?
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

here in california i can live without an air conditioner, even tho it's hot. where i live the humidity is usually quite low. but i would hate to have to do that in NYC - NYC is the worst place i have ever been in the summer. it's hot and humid and at night you get the reflection of heat from all the concrete and the buildings - plus it seemed like there was never any air! i feel sorry for them.
    New york power cuts?

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - New york power cuts?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The new England states made the error of relying on nuclear power plants and they are proving to be not as efficient or low cost as was planned for them to be. We got talked into and convinced that they were the way to go. Now, that the plants are getting a few years of age on them many are having to be shut down.
    Yea, like the Pilgrim Nuclear plant here. Last November Cape Cod got hit with an 81% cost increase and it went through, even though the state supposedly capped utility companies from making increases above 5 percent per year. The jerks! I work two full-time jobs as it is!

Ninth Scribe
    New york power cuts?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Holy........I'm going to be in Queens in 2 weeks time :X
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post
    Holy........I'm going to be in Queens in 2 weeks time :X
    No worries. There is a front moving in on Thursday to cool the place out. You're lucky... everything should be back to normal in time for your arrival. Take Woodhaven Boulevard up to Forest Park and check out the bandshell there. Sometimes the local groups put on a decent show

Ninth Scribe
    New york power cuts?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe View Post
    No worries. There is a front moving in on Thursday to cool the place out. You're lucky... everything should be back to normal in time for your arrival. Take Woodhaven Boulevard up to Forest Park and check out the bandshell there. Sometimes the local groups put on a decent show

Ninth Scribe
    Oh that is soooo cool! Thanx 4 lettin me know....Will have to check out the band show.....
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There were a few areas because of the really powerful thunderstorms happening latley. Around the Astoria area, LGA airport was out of pwer but that was like a week ago. Nothing really in the area that I live in Alhamdullilah.

New york power cuts?

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh YAAAY!!! A new Yorker

Alhamdulillah...I hope things are goin ok for everybody...it's just that a few people I haven't seen online lately, I was getting slightly worried....

PS. Bro Ahmed....things r going to plan
    chat Quote

*noor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

there were some power outages in queens and staten island some lasted up to a week even but nothing here yet alhamdulillah but its predicted that there might be outages tomorrow because the temperature is going to skyrocket above 100.......but maybe a lot of new yorkers havent been online because the verizon dsl internet service has been really poor in this area lately very slow and sometimes no connection i dont know why

anyways so far no blackouts here but i hope there arent any i remember the blackout of summer 2003 was horrible even though it wasnt very long about a day maybe two...just make duaa inshaAllah that there's no power outage.

salaam
    New york power cuts?

chat Quote

23. Hide
Hey there! New york power cuts? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. New york power cuts?