star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

questions regarding art and music

Report bad ads?

before i became a muslim i was very into drawing portraits of people. however since i have been told it is haram to do so, but through my research i have found people have very mixed feelings regarding it. what is your opinion on it? are their exceptions to this rule, or should i give up portrait drawing completely and focus on inanimate things?

also, i know music is haram, but is it ok to listen to acapella versions of mainstream songs?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: questions regarding art and music

sister.

I agree with the advise that brother Muhammad has given in another thread regarding music for new Muslims .

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    If the issue is causing you confusion, focus on building the foundation first - learn about the Islamic creed and the pillars of Islam and eemaan. As you do this, (if Allah wills) everything else will fall into place. Take things one step at a time.
    Take things easy . Learn how to pray step by step, learn basics of Islam and stay in company of other Muslim sisters in your area.
    Last edited by strivingobserver98; 10-25-2015 at 01:04 AM.
    | Likes MidnightRose liked this post
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! questions regarding art and music Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. questions regarding art and music