× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 96 visibility 11406

Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Bin Laden: U.S. Decline Fueled Gaza Attack

CBS News: Israel Attacked Because Of America's Fading Dominance, End Of Bush Mandate, Al Qaeda Boss Says

LONDON, Jan. 14, 2009

Al Qaeda boss Osama bin Laden says the decline of America's dominance on the world stage was one of the main factors which prompted Israel to launch its offensive in Gaza.

"The great and swift decline in America's influence is one of the most important motivations for Israelis to wage such a barbaric attack on Gaza, in a bid to try and make use of the last days of (President) Bush's mandate and the neo-conservatives," he says.

The message was delivered in a speech downloaded Wednesday by CBS News from a Web site frequently used to disseminate al Qaeda propaganda. The audio was produced by al Qaeda's media wing, as-Sahab.

It was impossible to confirm the authenticity of the recording, but the voice appeared to be that of the terror group's leader. The audio has not been heard before. The last known audio address from bin Laden was released on May 18, 2008.

The audio, about 22 minutes long, is titled: "A Call for Jihad to Stop the Aggression on Gaza. The message of Sheikh Osama Bin Laden to the Muslim Ummah."

"Israelis are in a rush to get rid of their enemies in Gaza, and replace them with (Palestinian President Mahmoud) Abbas and his administration, in order for him to protect their backs. They thus carried out this horrific butchery before the end of Bush's term in office before the American weakness shows even more."

Its release came on the 19th day of Israel's military campaign in the Gaza Strip targeting Hamas militants, which Palestinian doctors say has left 940 people dead, less than half of whom were combatants.

Bin Laden says Mr. Bush has left President-elect Barack Obama with "two bitter choices," and wonders aloud whether the next American leader will be able to keep up the fight against al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

"Can America keep up the war with us for more decades to come? All reports and analysis indicate that this is not possible. In fact, 75 percent of American people are happy with the departure of the president who got them into wars they could not possibly win."

Bin Laden goes on to say President Bush "drowned" the American people in economic woes and "left his successor a difficult legacy, and left him one of two bitter choices… The worst heritage is when a man inherits a long guerrilla warfare with a persevering, patient enemy - a war that is funded by usury. If he (Obama) withdraws from the war, that would be a military defeat, and if he goes on with it, he'll drown in economic crisis."

The terrorist leader calls for Jihad, saying it is the only way to defeat the "Zionists" and liberate the Gaza Strip.

Bin Laden calls on Muslims worldwide to support the cause, and reissues his plea for donations. "Your duty is to support the Mujahideen with money and men. I have experienced Jihad myself and I know how costly it can be. The Zakat (tithe) of one affluent Muslim merchant is enough to finance all the Jihadi front against our enemies."

Bin Laden said the current global situation offered a good opportunity to purge Muslim countries of Western influence. "Oh, Muslim Ummah (nation), those wars and crisis represent a great opportunity, and wise men would not let it slip away from them. You have a great chance now to overthrow the injustice and the tyranny that has overwhelmed you for decades."

Bin Laden closed his speech by addressing Palestinians in Gaza. "My brothers in Palestine, you have suffered a lot, and your fathers before you, for nine whole decades. Muslims sympathize with you, for what they see and hear. We, the Mujahideen, sympathize with you, too, much more than anyone else… Because the Mujahideen lead the same kind of life that you lead; they are bombed the same way you are bombed, from the same airplanes, they lose their children just like you do."

Also in the address, bin Laden predicts that Mr. Obama will be unable to solve the economic problems facing America.

Quoting Mr. Obama's vice-presidential pick, Joe Biden, bin Laden says, "Here’s Biden, the deputy of the newly elected president, saying: 'The crisis is even worse than we expected, and the entire American economy is in peril.'”

It was the latest attack on Mr. Obama by an al Qaeda figurehead. Bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, accused Mr. Obama of standing behind the "massacre of Gaza" in an audio released earlier this month.

Bin Laden also taunts President Bush over his pledge to abolish terrorism and kill or arrest terrorist leaders - a promise the outgoing American president couldn't keep, according to the al Qaeda chief.

"A group of your sons declared Jihad on that single power, the Hitler of our time," bin Laden said. "We thus broke its horn, struck his fortress and demolished his tower. He thus became enraged and said he would bring the leaders of the Mujahideen, dead or alive, to regain America's stature in the world and set it as an example for everybody."

Source : http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4720357.shtml

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

2. Report bad ads?
    ^[AnKaBooT]^'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Shaykh Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

hmmm bin laden woke up yay i was w8ting for binladen to answer
    now i realised that keeping quiet patiently will get u the answer.

Olive's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes... I was wondering where he was.

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    Yes... I was wondering where he was.
    assalaamu alaykum,

i am assuming he doesnt have a broadband connection and live cameras wherever he is so it was probably recorded a few days ago and then they would need to get the coverage to other brothers to send out.

its not like he can call a press conference and expect the media to turn up in an hour so he can make a statement like a western politician can.

assalaamu alaykum,

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah

6. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah O Muslims.

Hope you are well.

I have taken the title Shaykh out of the title since I do not think we refer to Usama Bin Laden as a Shaykh on here, nor do we encourage others to.

Br.al-Habeshi

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Again, I have no intention to debate on the matter. Al-'Ilmu qabla al-qawli wal-'amal (knowledge precedes speech and action). Whoever disagrees, to him his way. However, this is what some of the 'Ulamaa have to say on the condition of Usaama bin Laadin:

فتاوى العلماء في أسامة بن لادن

Here is a translation of some of these fataawa, with their sources.

The Position of the Scholars Regarding Osama Bin Laden

فَسۡـَٔلُوٓاْ أَهۡلَ ٱلذِّڪۡرِ إِن كُنتُمۡ لَا تَعۡلَمُونَ

"...so ask the people of the Reminder [Scholars] if you do not know." [21:7]

wAllaahu A'lam.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah wa barakat
    format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah View Post

Again, I have no intention to debate on the matter. Al-'Ilmu qabla al-qawli wal-'amal (knowledge precedes speech and action). Whoever disagrees, to him his way. However, this is what some of the 'Ulamaa have to say on the condition of Usaama bin Laadin:

فتاوى العلماء في أسامة بن لادن

Here is a translation of some of these fataawa, with their sources.

The Position of the Scholars Regarding Osama Bin Laden

فَسۡـَٔلُوٓاْ أَهۡلَ ٱلذِّڪۡرِ إِن كُنتُمۡ لَا تَعۡلَمُونَ

"...so ask the people of the Reminder [Scholars] if you do not know." [21:7]

wAllaahu A'lam.
    ^^ QFT

Osama Bin Laden is someone, who is spreading [or is being used to spread] corruption on earth, [he is] following evil and destructive ways

Last edited by doorster; 01-15-2009 at 12:54 PM.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

assalaamu alaykum,

one doesnt need to agree with everyone done by osama bin ladin to see how this is a little unfair, because of the rules of the forum then people can criticise him and put up fataawah against him but others couldnt defend him even if they dont agree with everything he does or says or post fataawah from ulema who support his positions for fear or breaking the rules.

as much as this feels wrong, that a brother can be attacked in this way and not defended, i understand the forums strict rules on this so they dont get shut down so have to accept it.

there are however many different positions from the ulema other than that given by the official saudi government scholars and people are free to go look them up and learn for themselves regarding osama bin ladin, the rulers in the muslim lands and what are islams true teachings on jihad.

assalaamu alaykum,

Abu Abdillah

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would just like to point out that shaykh Muqbil (rahimahullaah) was not an 'official saudi scholar', rather he was Yemeni, and even openly criticised the Saudi Government in the past. Although, he recanted his views, in his last tape - due to the many things he witnessed there over the last year or so of his life. And neither are the Saudi 'Ulamaa 'government' scholars. Yet it is not surprising to see the oolil-'ilm being slandered. But, as the saying goes;

لا يضر السحاب بنبح الكلاب
    The clouds are not harmed by the barking of the dogs

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah View Post

I would just like to point out that shaykh Muqbil (rahimahullaah) was not an 'official saudi scholar', rather he was Yemeni, and even openly criticised the Saudi Government in the past. Although, he recanted his views, in his last tape - due to the many things he witnessed there over the last year or so of his life. And neither are the Saudi 'Ulamaa 'government' scholars. Yet it is not surprising to see the oolil-'ilm being slandered. But, as the saying goes;

لا يضر السحاب بنبح الكلاب
    The clouds are not harmed by the barking of the dogs
    as i was banned for quite a while for quite a simular discussion i wont be taking part but i thank for the clarification regarding sheikh muqbil.

Abu Abdillah

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ^[AnKaBooT]^ View Post
    hmmm bin laden woke up yay i was w8ting for binladen to answer
    now i realised that keeping quiet patiently will get u the answer.
    i was waiting too.

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

Vito's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thats exactly what I was thinking in regards to why Israel is causing all this destruction over there

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Let us keep this discussion on topic and not become an excuse to promote aggression. Bin Laden is a news worthy persona and as such it is ok to mention his words that do spark world attention.

But, keep all things in perspective. Do not post links to hate sites of any type. Keep any posting to facts and if something is your opinion state it is your opinion.

In plan English, keep the peace and do not promote aggression or quote things that are clearly words that are intended to promote violence.

Herman 1 - Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

Bin Laden makes lots of so-called 'calls to Jihad' though. Whilst it is a bit worrying that he seems to be alive and well, this isn't really unexpected.

wwwislamicboardcom - Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

18. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bin Laden brings up a good point in his statement.

Al Qaeda boss Osama bin Laden says the decline of America's dominance on the world stage was one of the main factors which prompted Israel to launch its offensive in Gaza.

"The great and swift decline in America's influence is one of the most important motivations for Israelis to wage such a barbaric attack on Gaza, in a bid to try and make use of the last days of (President) Bush's mandate and the neo-conservatives," he says.
    To those that do not understand the role of a President in the USA, it does seem that the ideal time for any nation to make a move is during the change of Presidents. It isn't quite that simple. However, I can understand why many would believe that to be true and it does seem logical that Olmert would grab this particular time to go on the aggressive.

Herman 1 - Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Bin Laden brings up a good point in his statement.
    format_quote Originally Posted by Bin Laden

To those that do not understand the role of a President in the USA, it does seem that the ideal time for any nation to make a move is during the change of Presidents. It isn't quite that simple. However, I can understand why many would believe that to be true and it does seem logical that Olmert would grab this particular time to go on the aggressive.
    format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    I'm afraid you making rather too hasty a judgement. Obama can't really say much at present without being seen to be stepping on the toes of the outgoing administration. Pretty much whatever he might say would look bad in that context and might well compromise diplomatic activity he is not - yet - aware of or party to.

If you want a more hopeful sign, I suspect one reason for the timing of the Israeli action was precisely to get it done before Obama takes office.
    déjà vu

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Osama is FAKE. Even if he's real he is reason behind thousands of Afghanis murdered by americans.
    He is CIA agent.
    Before 911 he was treated in american hospital in UAE.
    Then he was safely escorted into afghanistan to help with 911 scam.

Wake up ppl living in ur dreams. Look at bigger picture.
    Last edited by sur; 01-15-2009 at 09:08 PM.

IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The more you provoke these guys the more likely theres going to be a repeat of 9/11

Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I saw a clip of bush being interviewed about his last few weeks/days as president and they were talking about sheikh Osama. The interviewer was asking him how he still hasnt found Bin Laden and how does he feel about it etc. The look on Bush's face was priceless. He looked so enraged and was saying, We will find him, dead or alive, we will find him. He looked defeated.

Subhanallah, they plan and Allah swt plans and he is the best of planners. They still havent found him. May Allah swt preserve him and be the leading cause of victory to the Muslims globally ameen. (I am not condoning terrorism, neither am I promoting it. Bush is the terrorist, not the freedom fighters)

24. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    The look on Bush's face was priceless. He looked so enraged and was saying, We will find him, dead or alive, we will find him. He looked defeated.
    Your hero murdered 2,700 innocent people on Bush's patch.. what did you expect his reaction to be?

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza” Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Usama bin Ladin - “A Call to Jihad to Halt the Aggression on Gaza”