× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 58 visibility 5560

Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours'

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_...a/10198201.stm
    BP hopes to contain the spill from its leaking well in the Gulf of Mexico within 24 hours, its chief operating officer, Doug Suttles, has said.

An operation using undersea robots to cut off the fractured pipe and seal it with a cap was launched on Tuesday.

It comes as US President Barack Obama threatened legal action against those responsible for the leak.

Mr Suttles said: "If everything goes well, within the next 24 hours we could have this contained."

But, striking a note of caution, he stressed that success was not guaranteed and urged people to "remember this is being done in 5,000 feet of water, and very small issues take a long time to fix".

The oil giant's shares fell sharply on Tuesday after the failure of its previous efforts to "top kill" the leak by pumping mud into the well.
    Legal action is being taken against BP, and rightfully so. They have failed in their attempts at clearing up the oil and it is so far damaging wildlife, natural beauty and lives.

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours'

The leak is much worse than what the media is showing. It is a threat to all of the Earth and not just to the USA,

Many here know I live among the Lakota and many of the Lakotah follow the Traditional Native Religion. Chief "Arvol Looking Horse" is the spiritual leader of the Lakotah who follow the Traditional Religion. The "Republic of Lakotah" has asked me to pass on the message from Chief Arvol asking all people of the world to pray for the healing of the damages this man made disaster is bringing upon the Earth.

Here is the message from Chief Arvol

Heal the Gulf Oil Spill: Chief Arvol Looking Horse sends a request to leaders
    Chief

Following the trend of indigenous spiritual leaders stepping forth in support of Mother Earth Chief Arvol Looking Horse (Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe) has issued this letter to the world’s religion and spiritual leaders. It asks us all to help in healing the Gulf of Mexico oil spill as well as all the other disasters humans have created on our Mother Earth. Please read this and consider doing your part, whatever that might be.

My Relatives,

Time has come to speak to the hearts of our Nations and their Leaders. I ask you this from the bottom of my heart, to come together from the Spirit of your Nations in prayer.

We, from the heart of Turtle Island , have a great message for the World; we are guided to speak from all the White Animals showing their sacred color, which have been signs for us to pray for the sacred life of all things. As I am sending this message to you, many Animal Nations are being threatened, those that swim, those that crawl, those that fly, and the plant Nations, eventually all will be affected from the oil disaster in the Gulf.

The dangers we are faced with at this time are not of spirit. The catastrophe that has happened with the oil spill which looks like the bleeding of Grandmother Earth, is made by human mistakes, mistakes that we cannot afford to continue to make.

I asked, as Spiritual Leaders, that we join together, united in prayer with the whole of our Global Communities. My concern is these serious issues will continue to worsen, as a domino effect that our Ancestors have warned us of in their Prophecies.

I know in my heart there are millions of people that feel our united prayers for the sake of our Grandmother Earth are long overdue. I believe we as Spiritual people must gather ourselves and focus our thoughts and prayers to allow the healing of the many wounds that have been inflicted on the Earth. As we honor the Cycle of Life, let us call for Prayer circles globally to assist in healing Grandmother Earth (our Unc'I Maka).

We ask for prayers that the oil spill, this bleeding, will stop. That the winds stay calm to assist in the work. Pray for the people to be guided in repairing this mistake, and that we may also seek to live in harmony, as we make the choice to change the destructive path we are on.

As we pray, we will fully understand that we are all connected. And that what we create can have lasting effects on all life.

So let us unite spiritually, All Nations, All Faiths, One Prayer. Along with this immediate effort, I also ask to please remember June 21st, World Peace and Prayer Day/Honoring Sacred Sites day. Whether it is a natural site, a temple, a church, a synagogue or just your own sacred space, let us make a prayer for all life, for good decision making by our Nations, for our children's future and well-being, and the generations to come.

Onipikte (that we shall live),

Chief Arvol Looking Horse
    19th generation Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe
    (Wolakota.org)
    source

Let us remember the Earth in our Du'as and pray that this damage be undone.

Herman 1 - Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours'

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So let us unite spiritually, All Nations, All Faiths, One Prayer. Along with this immediate effort, I also ask to please remember June 21st, World Peace and Prayer Day/Honoring Sacred Sites day. Whether it is a natural site, a temple, a church, a synagogue or just your own sacred space, let us make a prayer for all life, for good decision making by our Nations, for our children's future and well-being, and the generations to come.

Onipikte (that we shall live)
    Amen to that prayer, Woodrow.
    It is an encouraging thought that people of all races, nationalities and religions may be joining in this prayer!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours'

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It can be easily fixed and could have been fixed the first day. The best way to do it is destroy that pipeline with the sideaffect of shutting it down forever with no more oil in the future and that is something Obama and BP doesnt' want, rather pollute the waters and find other stupid ways to do it so they don't loose their investment and profits.

6. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its sickening how the US have manipulated the public. Its them who were bleating on about 'Global warming' and all the crap about how they were going to 'save the planet' not so long ago and now its them who have caused this disaster which threatens the environment. They can blame BP all they want but the main culprits are the US

These greedy gold diggers are the cancer of this world

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey guys why do you want this hole blocked up?

all the oil theyve been stealing form iraq is literally being flushed down the drain. Subhanallah

I say Alhumdulillah. its Allahs oceans, only he has the power to conduct a cleanup operation this big.

time for operation ninja Islam

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92 View Post
    hey guys why do you want this hole blocked up?

all the oil theyve been stealing form iraq is literally being flushed down the drain. Subhanallah

I say Alhumdulillah. its Allahs oceans, only he has the power to conduct a cleanup operation this big.
    Do you want to see wildlife animals contaminated and killed? Because that's what will happen if they don't stop it soon

Candle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you want to see wildlife animals contaminated and killed? Because that's what will happen if they don't stop it soon
    Truly!

It does not seem right to blame the American people. They are upset at BP and more upset at their president for not doing anything. Their hearts are in this. Did anyone else see that American politician crying?

espada's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps America is about to start paying for her sins.

It was bound to happen eventually.

12. Report bad ads?
    shuraimfan4lyf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hah! My dad was telling me how USA cries about global warming crap all the time. Now look at its own territory..Filled with oiled the water is and putting lives of coast residents into a misery.

Then how can you avoid the punishment, if you disbelieve, on a Day that will make the children grey-headed?
    Sura Al-Muzzammil 73:17

"Cant forget my mothers love and mercy...her love was a tonic for me..." -Sheikh Saud As-Shuraim

LI Oldskool

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Candle View Post
    Truly!

It does not seem right to blame the American people. They are upset at BP and more upset at their president for not doing anything. Their hearts are in this. Did anyone else see that American politician crying?
    I'm afraid 'the American people', their politicians, and their need for cheap petroleum, are as much to 'blame' as anyone else. It's easy to blame BP or Obama but when you drill offshore for oil such an incident is inevitable at some stage. Just as it's inevitable that somewhere among all these nuclear power stations everybody seems in a rush to build again now Chernobyl has more-or-less been forgotten... will be the next Chernobyl. People will be playing the blame game then, too.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul View Post
    in all honesty, i dont care about the wildlife. worse disasters have happened in the past and Allah has taken care of them.

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    I'm afraid 'the American people', their politicians, and their need for cheap petroleum, are as much to 'blame' as anyone else. It's easy to blame BP or Obama but when you drill offshore for oil such an incident is inevitable at some stage. Just as it's inevitable that somewhere among all these nuclear power stations everybody seems in a rush to build again now Chernobyl has more-or-less been forgotten... will be the next Chernobyl. People will be playing the blame game then, too.
    Totally agreee. In the grand scheme of things, it's an unsustainable way of life. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not know any better.

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    The leak is much worse than what the media is showing. It is a threat to all of the Earth and not just to the USA,

Many here know I live among the Lakota and many of the Lakotah follow the Traditional Native Religion. Chief "Arvol Looking Horse" is the spiritual leader of the Lakotah who follow the Traditional Religion. The "Republic of Lakotah" has asked me to pass on the message from Chief Arvol asking all people of the world to pray for the healing of the damages this man made disaster is bringing upon the Earth.

Let us remember the Earth in our Du'as and pray that this damage be undone.
    I have always respected the Native Americans (and indeed many native cultures) for their deep appreciation of and respect for the environment they live in and the creatures they share it with. They understand how deeply entwined our human lives are with the nature around us, and that we cannot exist without each other.

It's a lesson for those of us who feel the world is just there for us humans to use, abuse and consume without any care.

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

18. Report bad ads?
    Karina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As we pray, we will fully understand that we are all connected. And that what we create can have lasting effects on all life.
    Yes, so true.

I'm so, so worried about this, we need more unbiased coverage in the media.

How anyone can say they don't care about the wildlife is foolish. The creatures and plants of the sea and the earth - they're all part of such a delicate ecosystem. If it's altered in any way it can have an enormous knock-on effect and be catastrophic for the rest of us.

Let's all throw our energies and our prayers into this, it's so important and it's all we can do for now.

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

Friedrich Nietzsche

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    How anyone can say they don't care about the wildlife is foolish. The creatures and plants of the sea and the earth - they're all part of such a delicate ecosystem. If it's altered in any way it can have an enormous knock-on effect and be catastrophic for the rest of us.

Let's all throw our energies and our prayers into this, it's so important and it's all we can do for now.
    Well said, Karina.
    And nice to see you around ...

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^you guys have it wrong, at the end of the day anyhow america looses this oil is a great repayment for the people they killed to steal it.

and i dont see how the entire world will be affected by it. sure its ruined the lvies of locals and maybe a few people living on the bordering states but your the people funding the wars and electing the governments that stole this oil. still the animals dont need to suffer, but i hope their deaths has caused you hypocrites some pain aswell.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

in all honesty, i dont care about the wildlife. worse disasters have happened in the past and Allah has taken care of them.
    You don't care about Allah SWT's creation? SubhanAllah

Allah Azzawal states in the Quran: Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not.- Suran Ghafir, Verse 57

And the blind man and the seer are not equal, neither are those who believe and do good works (equal with) the evil-doer. Little do ye reflect! -Suran Ghafir, Verse 58

Contemplate on these beautiful verses and tell me again you dont care about the environment and wildlife.

Karina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^you guys have it wrong, at the end of the day anyhow america looses this oil is a great repayment for the people they killed to steal it.

and i dont see how the entire world will be affected by it. sure its ruined the lvies of locals and maybe a few people living on the bordering states but your the people funding the wars and electing the governments that stole this oil. still the animals dont need to suffer, but i hope their deaths has caused you hypocrites some pain aswell.
    That's not very nice.
    I wasn't talking about the politics of it all, just the devastating environmental impact......

Anyway, imagine the fish, seabirds and mammals that live in and around the seawater. They swallow oil or are unable to fly or swim due to the thick oil.
    Creatures that eat other creatures from the sea or the coast die from shortage of food or oil-covered food. Other animals will feel the knock-on affect and experience a shortage in their staple foods. Other creatures may proliferate uncontrollably due a a shortage of pray. Those animals that do survive may have long-term symptoms or disabilities from ingesting the oil, causing problems in the long-run for their offspring-bearing abilities. Also, some species that are already endanagered may just be wiped out completely. The list goes on....

With respect, I think you're a little misguided to think the impact on wildlife is insignificant....

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

Friedrich Nietzsche

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May I ask brother, which people did America kill to obtain the oil in the Gulf of Mexico? And how is it 'stealing'- the Gulf of Mexico is surely America's own backyard?

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Gulf oil spill: BP hopes to cap flow 'within 24 hours'