× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 227 visibility 23525

We are sorry

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We are sorry

Report bad ads?

homepage english 02 - We are sorry
    homepage english 06 - We are sorry
    homepage english 07 - We are sorry
    homepage english 08 - We are sorry
    homepage english 09 - We are sorry

In the middle of all the mayhem surrounding the Danish cartoons controversy, a group of Arab and Muslim youth have set up this website to express their honest opinion, as a small attempt to show the world that the images shown of Arab and Muslim anger around the world are not representative of the opinions of all Arabs. We whole-heartedly apologize to the people of Denmark, Norway and all the European Union over the actions of a few, and we completely condemn all forms of vandalism and incitement to violence that the Arab and Muslim world have witnessed. We hope that this sad episode will not tarnish the great friendship that our peoples have fostered over decades.

The problem with media representation of such issues tends to be that the media only picks up the loudest voices, ignoring the rational ones that do not generate as much noise. Voices that seek tolerance, dialogue and understanding are always drowned out by the more sensationalist loud calls, giving viewers the impression that these views are representative of all the Arab public’s view. This website is a modest attempt at redressing this wrong. We would appreciate it if you could forward the word to as many of your friends as possible.

We will note that we find the cartoons to be incendiary, insulting and very abrasive. We also take issue with the general stance of the Danish Newspaper Jyllands-Posten, which has a reputation for publishing inflammatory material. Yet, it would be wrong to take away their freedom of expression, regardless of how horrid their material is. We affirm our belief in freedom of expression and people’s right to express whatever opinions they hold. However, at the same time there is a need to realize that freedom of expression is a responsibility that should not be used to gratuitously insult people’s beliefs.

When confronted with such a situation, we deplore the use of violence in all its forms, as well as threats of violence and derogatory and racist remarks being thrown in the opposite direction. We condemn the shameful actions carried out by a few Arabs and Muslims around the world that have tarnished our image, and presented us as intolerant and close-minded bigots.

Anyone offended by the content of a publication has a vast choice of democratic and respectful methods of seeking redress. The most obvious are not buying the publication, writing letters to the editor or expressing their opinions in other venues. It is also possible to use one’s free choice in a democracy to conduct a boycott of the publication, and even a boycott of firms dealing with it. Yet an indiscriminate boycott of all the country’s firms is simply uncalled for and counter-productive. We would be allowing the extremists on both sides to prevail, while punishing the government and the whole population for the actions of an unrepresentative irresponsible few.

We apologize whole-heartedly to the people of Norway and Denmark for any offense this sorry episode may have caused, to any European who has been harassed or intimidated, to the staff of the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish Embassies in Syria whose workplace has been destroyed and for any distress this whole affair may have caused to anyone.

There is a strong tradition of friendship and cooperation between the Norwegian and Danish people and Arab people. Of most note is the continued support that these governments give to the Palestinian people in their struggle for freedom and liberation, and the brave stance that these governments have often taken to defend Palestinian rights. We sincerely hope these special bonds will not be broken. We hope that our Scandinavian friends would not be convinced by the actions of a few to believe that this is how Arabs and Muslims feel about them. There are racists, bigots and criminals in all countries, and it is the duty of the respectful and reasonable to reach out to each other.

Let us hope that instead of emboldening the bigots, this sorry affair will bring all open-minded, tolerant and reasonable people from the Arab, Muslim, Norwegian, Danish and European communities together to unite in a continued struggle of reason against prejudice, open-mindedness against bigotry and humanity against racism.

Vi Beklager
    Undskyld

We Are Sorry

sorryarabic - We are sorry

http://www.sorrynorwaydenmark.com/
    We are sorry

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: We are sorry

Salam
    What i want to know is why are muslims apologising to the danish when the danish have not apologised to us?
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

MetSudaisTwice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    mashallah that is what i was thinking too
    wasalam
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

why should we wait for them to apologise first? shouldnt we be better than them?

just because they are too proud and blinded to apologise that doesnt mean that we should be too
    We are sorry

wwwislamicboardcom - We are sorry
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

The majority of muslims don't owe an apology it's the small percentage, plus after remarks from the queen I'm supporting the boycott till we get a full apology from the comic makers and the queen.
    chat Quote

sumay28's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't exactly agree with the apology. The cartoons were completely crossing the line and I agree with the protests. However, I believe that the protest could have been a little less violent with the threats and burning of stuff. I understand the violence was likely in the minority, however, we're a peaceful people and I think EVERYONE should have conducted themselves in a more peaceful manner. Threatening a massacre or a 9/11 part 2 was not the right thing to do. They're putting themselves and the rest of the Muslims in danger. They're threatening our freedom to practice our religion freely.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    muslims have been pushed all the time, everytime the kuffars killed a muslim or did something agaisnt us did they say sorry? did america say sorry for killing innocent people in muslims countries? did blair say sorry for trying to introduce a 90 day detention for terrorist suspects? did any kuffar say sorry for the harm and torment they have given to us muslims?
    wasalam
    chat Quote

Umu 'Isa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ام عيسى و خطاب
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28 View Post
    I don't exactly agree with the apology. The cartoons were completely crossing the line and I agree with the protests. However, I believe that the protest could have been a little less violent with the threats and burning of stuff. I understand the violence was likely in the minority, however, we're a peaceful people and I think EVERYONE should have conducted themselves in a more peaceful manner. Threatening a massacre or a 9/11 part 2 was not the right thing to do. They're putting themselves and the rest of the Muslims in danger. They're threatening our freedom to practice our religion freely.
    i second that
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice View Post
    salam
    muslims have been pushed all the time, everytime the kuffars killed a muslim or did something agaisnt us did they say sorry? did america say sorry for killing innocent people in muslims countries? did blair say sorry for trying to introduce a 90 day detention for terrorist suspects? did any kuffar say sorry for the harm and torment they have given to us muslims?
    wasalam
    Salam
    Yay Yay, i thought i was heating up - go on bro, he's firing on all cylinders!
    We owe the danish nothing! Did the queen make remarks about us? These dirty filthy kuffars will never be happy with us untill we accept their way of life - meaning alcohol, drugs, prostitution and all the other filth the west has given to this world. That is what people like the MCB have to realise. They are sucking up to the government too much. The end will always be humiliation for such people
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    did anyone sympthasise us when countries tried to ban islamic clothing? did anyone showed any regret when SAS was refused entry to US or Canada? do police do anythin if a muslim bro gets attacked in the streets? does anyone do anything when muslims worldwide are suffering at the hands of kuffars?
    we muslims have been pushed too far, beyond and over the limit
    wasalam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam
    The time has come, stop being 'moderates' like the MCB encourage, stop 'community cohesion' that IFE promote. We have taken this far too much. These kuffar need to realise who they are taunting. I am not inciting murder or racial hatred, but we need to make a stand and let them know who we are.
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    wasalam
    Salaam

This is happens cause we let it, were to comfterable in this dunya, we need to do something.
    chat Quote

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who is MCB?
    We are sorry

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    why is there such thing as stand up speak up? to kick out racism
    so why can't we be allowed to defend our religion?
    the core of this whole thing needs to review all this, and denmark must admit they were wrong and they should apologise
    MCB: Muslim Council of Britain
    is there any prrof that muslims were responsible for 9/11 and 7/7? we know US are responsible for attack on iraq, yet no one defends Iraq because it is a muslim country
    wasalam
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    aakhirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira View Post

So, should I add these lot to my ever-growing list of apologetic Muslims...?

A.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam
    If you want. We seem to have people apologising for everything these days, whether our fault or not.
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    did anyone sympthasise us when countries tried to ban islamic clothing?
    Well yes. America criticised the French ruling. Although the only countries in the world to ban Islamic clothing are Muslim ones (Turkey for instance). France just banned it in schools. The wife of the British Prime Minister is arguing in the House of Lords this week that Shabina Begun has the right to wear the jilbalb - even there the school accepted she had the right to wear Islamic clothing, just not the full jilbalb.

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4679058.stm

did anyone showed any regret when SAS was refused entry to US or Canada?
    I do not know who SAS is, but if the Canadians do not want him he must have done something bad. They let everyone in. Clearly it is not right to be upset by this. Canada belongs to the Canadians. If I do not want someone in my house, it is my right to refuse entry. SAS, nor anyone else, does not have a right to enter my home just because they want to.

do police do anythin if a muslim bro gets attacked in the streets?
    Yes of course they do. Find me a case in the UK or the US where a Muslim has been attacked on the streets and the police have refused to do anything.

does anyone do anything when muslims worldwide are suffering at the hands of kuffars?
    Millions of Europeans took to the streets to protest the war in Iraq. Their payment was suicide bombs in London and Spain. For that matter Paris has been hit dozens of times and the French still supported the anti-War side. European pressure brought Israel to the negotiating table at Oslo and Madrid. I guess you can forget about that now. What thanks do Europeans get apart from bombs, riots and now threats?

we muslims have been pushed too far, beyond and over the limit
    wasalam
    Increasingly Europeans are saying the same thing. I think this is a bad idea. But think carefully about the implications of what you say. Think where this is likely to go.
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok I'll put it nice and simple: you physically attack me in the streets, I will knock you out. That's a warning to any fool who wants a piece of me.

I'm not looking for trouble nor are many muslims over the world. But push any of us too far, the least you can expect is an A grade butt-whooping.

If they aren't going to apologise, fine, they are in the bad light. Not us.
    We are sorry

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    i have seen it many times myself when a muslim gets attacked and tells the police, the police say they will do something but up untill today they haven't contacted
    wasalam
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    sotahoro's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf View Post
    Salam
    What i want to know is why are muslims apologising to the danish when the danish have not apologised to us?
    Wassalam
    The newspaper that first published the cartoons in their article has apoligised about it. What else can you want?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... Last
Hey there! We are sorry Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. We are sorry