× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 108 visibility 10915

Lessons in hate found at leading mosques in UK

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

From the front page of today's Times:

Lessons in hate found at leading mosques
    Regents Park Mosque
    Sean O’Neill, Security Editor

Books calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims, ordering women to remain indoors and forbidding interfaith marriage are being sold inside some of Britain’s leading mosques, according to research seen by The Times.

Some of the fundamentalist works were found at the bookshop in the London Central mosque in Regent’s Park, which is funded by the Saudi regime and is regularly visited by government ministers. Its director, Ahmad al-Dubayan, is also a Saudi diplomat and was among those greeting King Abdullah when he arrived in Britain last night for his official state visit.

Extremist literature, including passages supporting the stoning of adulterers and waging violent jihad, was also found on sale at many other mosques regarded as mainstream institutions.

More than 80 books and pamphlets were collected during a year-long project in which researchers visited 100 mosques across Britain.

One book, Fatawa Islamiyah, which urges the execution of apostates, was found in bookshops at Regent’s Park mosque and at the huge East London mosque in Whitechapel. Muhammad Abdul Bari, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), is the chairman of the East London mosque.

The researchers said that they found further controversial works during visits to mosques in Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Oxford and High Wycombe.

The Times has learnt that five of the books that were acquired by researchers had been also found in searches during Scotland Yard antiterrorist investigations since 2001. About half of the books collected were in English – raising questions about the emphasis placed by the Government in combating extremism by training more English-speaking imams. The other publications were in Arabic or Urdu. The report, The Hijacking of British Islam, is published by the conservative Policy Exchange think-tank and was written by Denis MacEoin, a Fellow at Newcastle University and expert on Islamic issues.

The researchers found hardline material at a quarter of the 100 mosques visited during the project.

The report said: “On the one hand, the results were reassuring: in only a minority of institutions – approximately 25 per cent – was radical material found.

“What is more worrying is that these are among the best-funded and most dynamic institutions in Muslim Britain – some of which are held up as mainstream bodies. Many of the institutions featured here have been endowed with official recognition.”

A key theme of the books was a “strident sectarianism” which told Muslims that they should remain separate from other faiths and resist integration. The report stated: “Simply put, these notions demand that the individual Muslim must not merely feel deep affection for and identity with his fellow believers and with all that is authentically Islamic. The individual Muslim must also feel an abhorrence for nonbelievers, hypocrites, heretics, and all that is deemed ‘unIslamic’. The latter category encompasses those Muslims who are judged to practise an insufficiently rigorous form of Islam.” Most books stopped short of calling for violence. But they created a climate of intolerance and contempt for nonMuslims that could be exploited by violent jihadists, the researchers said.

The report called for a radical overhaul of Britain’s relationship with Saudi Arabia, which it argued has a “powerful and malign” influence over British Islam and sponsored the export of fundamentalist Islamic doctrine.

Regent’s Park mosque said that the bookshop on its premises was run by a private company. Yunes Teniaz, of the London Central Mosque Trust, told The Times: “The bookshop is franchised to a separate organisation. These books express their authors’ opinions and not those of the London Central Mosque Trust.”

Inayat Bunglawala, the MCB assistant secretary-general, said: “Bookshops sell a variety of publications and we live in an open, democratic society where it is not illegal to sell books which contain antiWestern views.”

Source
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Lessons in hate found at leading mosques in UK

Satire Mode Activate:

The Powers That Be could always burn anything that rubs 'em the wrong way, I suppose...

Satire Mode Deactivate.

Still, it's somewhat exciting to live in an age where books can be controversial again. Not saying I agree with everything said controversial books contain, it's just been ages since a major British newspaper has cared enough about the contents of a book enough to complain about it so.

Anyway, enough of my scampish anarchic rambling.
    chat Quote

Idris's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Books calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims, ordering women to remain indoors and forbidding interfaith marriage are being sold inside some of Britain’s leading mosques, according to research seen by The Times.
    I would love to see some of this so called "research"

wwwislamicboardcom - Lessons in hate found at leading mosques in UK
    chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Books calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims, ordering women to remain indoors and forbidding interfaith marriage are being sold inside some of Britain’s leading mosques, according to research seen by The Times
    to put it bluntly, apostates are killed in islam under sharia law, The best place for the woman is her house, even though it is allowed for her to go out, and a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non muslim man. These are known laws in Islam. Are we not supposed to teach it now? Are we supposed to water it down to suit the western veiws?

Extremist literature, including passages supporting the stoning of adulterers and waging violent jihad, was also found on sale at many other mosques regarded as mainstream institutions
    yes adulterers are stoned and we fight jihad to protect ourself. Thats in the Qurán. Now we cant teach it? Its not extremism dude. It's our religion. Take it or leave it.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Muezzin,

Some very good thoughts from you as usual.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    Satire Mode Activate:

The Powers That Be could always burn anything that rubs 'em the wrong way, I suppose...

Satire Mode Deactivate.
    Burning books en masse is obviously never a solution to anything, but I think in this case finding out why there is a demand for books of this kind would be beneficial.

Also, it would be interesting to find out more about the authors. I bet the chap who wrote 'Women Who Deserve To Go To Hell' is a real hoot. I would also bet that he would be male, though I could be wrong.

Still, it's somewhat exciting to live in an age where books can be controversial again. Not saying I agree with everything said controversial books contain, it's just been ages since a major British newspaper has cared enough about the contents of a book enough to complain about it so.
    Absolutely. It's a pretty tense sort of excitement, but yes.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89 View Post
    to put it bluntly, apostates are killed in islam under sharia law, The best place for the woman is her house, even though it is allowed for her to go out, and a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non muslim man. These are known laws in Islam. Are we not supposed to teach it now? Are we supposed to water it down to suit the western veiws?
    who is the khaifah of Islamic Caliphate of U.K?

what are the qualifications to be mod and/or issue Islamic decrees on this "Islamic" site : be a relative of someone in-charge? certainly not knowledge of Islam!

best Islam bashing, and ignorance spreading site I have ever had the misfortune to come accros!!!
    Last edited by NoName55; 10-30-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are you saying that those arent the laws of islam? I'm tired of people coming up with those same same saaaaaaame things again and again and calling it extremism without even learning the details of it first.

I can give u clear daleels for each one and u say i'm bashing islam? astaghfirullah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are you saying that those arent the laws of islam? I'm tired of people coming up with those same same saaaaaaame things again and again and calling it extremism without even learning the details of it first.

I can give u clear daleels for each one and u say i'm bashing islam? astaghfirullah.
    Laws of Shariah are for an Islamic khilafat NOT for country ruled by Christians which gives us shelter from poverty or lunacy of so-called Islamic states

Do not Issue decrees based upon youtub or google videos and loony pamphlets
    Last edited by NoName55; 10-30-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Removed ill-chosen words to discourage trolls from twisting them
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55 View Post
    Laws of Shariah are for an Islamic khilafat NOT for country ruled by Christians who makes the mistake of giving us shelter from poverty or lunacy of so-called Islamic states

Do not Issue decrees based upon youtub or google videos and loony pamphlets
    Bro I think ur missing my whole point. Yes these rules only apply for an islamic state. But that does not mean that we shouldnt learn about it. Because it is afterall part of our religion.
    And for your information i'm not speaking based on youtube youtub or google videos and loony pamphlets
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    Laws of Shariah are for an Islamic khilafat NOT for country ruled by Christians which makes the mistake of giving us shelter from poverty or lunacy of so-called Islamic states
    Are you saying countries like the UK or US are making a mistake by allowing Muslims to live in them?

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

About Sharia: Without reading these books, it's not really possible to make much of a judgement either way as to what exactly they're saying about Sharia and its application.

Possibly, some of the books are Islamically accurate yet misunderstood or misconstrued; other books possibly call for violent Muslim uprising against civilians, and these types of books should be condemned, no matter which colour or creed their authors are (obviously, considering such murderous behaviour is inconsistent with Islamic law and ethics in the first place).

Still other books might be simply the ravings of crackpots, which tend to be comically entertaining unless they urge their readers to go out and hurt people.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro I think ur missing my whole point. Yes these rules only apply for an islamic state. But that does not mean that we shouldnt learn about it. Because it is afterall part of our religion.
    And for your information i'm not speaking based on youtube youtub or google videos and loony pamphlets

in that case jazakillah khairan, my appolgy for misunderstanding.

but we still have to be aware of who the authors are and the motives of the loony brigade

and, by all means learn but do not lose the context

Last edited by NoName55; 10-30-2007 at 05:44 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Channel 4 documentaries and Christian Scriptures don't have much bearing on this particular topic, ladies and gents.

And no, I don't know if that was the correct use of 'bearing'. Good thinking to ask though. If you asked. Without asking. In your mind. Yeah.

Back to the topic.
    chat Quote

Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes adulterers are stoned and we fight jihad to protect ourself. Thats in the Qurán. Now we cant teach it? Its not extremism dude. It's our religion. Take it or leave it.
    Masha Allah! I couldn't have said it better myself!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this is simply yet another attack on muslims by the UK newspapers, i mean for weeks the papers have been quiet against muslims, then all of a sudden today and yesterday the papers are filled with articles against muslims and then against the saudi royal familly and sharia laws of saudia.

they apparently got bored so decided to stir up anger, hatred, and provocation against the muslims as they usually do. why for weeks no reports against muslims and then in 2 days the front covers are filled with anti-muslim articles??????
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you know whats really funny, is that the newspaper reporting the 'hate' lessons in these mosques then go on to write how saudi arabia has to change their laws and adopt western style of life. isnt that a straight oxy-moron and hypocrisy? on one hand your attacking certain literature because they have no place in english society, yet in the next second your telling another society to abandon their tradition and life and certain sharia laws to adopt yours?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then they act suprised as to why most muslims dont trust them or take them seriously, its simple, HYPOCRISY..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

in that case jazakillah khairan, my appolgy for misunderstanding.

but we still have to be aware of who the authors are and the motives of the loony brigade

and, by all means learn but do not lose the context

No problem.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Off-topic posts um... recycled. Be good, now.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    you know at the end of the day this topic and argument is FUTILE, whats the use in complaining about hate in some mosques from literature comming from saudia while the royal familly of england give the saudi royalty a high high class welcoming which they dont even give to bush!

it dont make sense.

right now as we speak the saudi royalty are dining with the english royalty and goverment, so all of this doesnt matter, not ONE iota, at the end of the day there is only one rule in today's world, and no its not democracy, its MONEY, he who has the money has the power and say. thats it.

the saudi royal familly came over to england with 5 jumbo jets, right now most of them are in high lavish hotels with bentleys, while the elders are in the palace. so lol really this topic and all related topics mean nothing when such things are happening.
    Last edited by Muezzin; 10-30-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    you know at the end of the day this topic and argument is FUTILE, whats the use in complaining about hate in some mosques from literature coming from saudia while the royal family of england give the saudi royalty a high high class welcoming which they dont even give to bush!

it dont make sense.
    could it be to do with the historic fact that one country is the satellite of the other?

and is it a possibility that saudi version of Shariah is no more than an illusion to placate or deceive Muslims in to believing that they are an independent country?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Lessons in hate found at leading mosques in UK Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Lessons in hate found at leading mosques in UK