forum for jihad

Report bad ads?

brother

is any corner for jihad in this forum

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: forum for jihad

No there isn't. And I doubt there will be such a section
    Last edited by Umm Yoosuf; 08-21-2007 at 08:53 PM.

jawwad's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But my brothers and sisters jihad is Also Fard as Namaz, Zakawat, hajj and Roza so why we frightend it. I think if we are true muslims we no dinay this. We are brave we only frightend with Allah not Amreica and other men kind.

Wasalam

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jawwad View Post

But my brothers and sisters jihad is Also Fard as Namaz, Zakawat, hajj and Roza so why we frightend it. I think if we are true muslims we no dinay this. We are brave we only frightend with Allah not Amreica and other men kind.

Wasalam
    For Malaysian Muslims there is only 5 pillars of Islam, namely - shahada, salah, zakah, sawm and hajj... jihad is not included.
    forum for jihad

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!

6. Report bad ads?
    Ibn Al Aqwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    For Malaysian Muslims there is only 5 pillars of Islam, namely - shahada, salah, zakah, sawm and hajj... jihad is not included.

However it is still fard, when it comes to defending.

It was orderd in the Quraan in the same manner as fasting....

qutibbaaa alaikum as siyaam

qutibbaaa alaikum al qitaal

jzcasejz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-Salaamu'alaykum

Bro you might be able to find a few articles and audios on Jihaad but there's not a whole section dedicated to Jihaad here.

format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam- View Post
    It was orderd in the Quraan in the same manner as fasting....

JazaakAllaah Khayr for mentioning that Bro.

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS THE FASTING (as a doctor prescribes medecine for it is better for you as it relinquishes your soul and cleans up your body)

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS FIGHTING (and Allah knows it is good for you, though you may detest it, if you research you will find that fighting strengthens your nafs, wallahi i kno it will help my emaan so much... if i do it fillah wiv correct intentions...)
    forum for jihad

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jawwad View Post

Wasalam
    Just some thoughts.

What is the purpose of Jihad? Is not the purpose to protect Islam from the enemies of Islam? Is not the desired goal to remove and eliminate the enemies of Islam?

Who are the enemies of Islam? Are they not those who fear Islam and seek to destroy it?

What is the most effective weapon for destroying the enemies of Islam? Is it the sword, guns, bullets, bombs? Is it truth, wisdom and the ability to turn enemies into allies and brothers? It takes much less courage to fight an enemy to the death, than to face the enemy and in spite of harm to yourself, stand there and win him over to the truth of Islam. Are we afraid to face people with words. Do we fear that we can not stand up to our enemies and overcome them with our faith? Do we have so little Imaan that we believe bullets and bombs are stronger? Do we fear to stand up for the truth and turn and attack because we are not strong enough to defend Islam with our Imaan?

Yes, we are called to Jihad and we are called to defend Islam, We are called to face death without fear. A wise fighter chooses the best weapon available. Wisdom, courage and faith are the strongest weapons possible. We need not fear to use them and we must use them with wisdom and Justice.

We do have the strength to win jihad through the use of truth and we must not fear truth and be able to use it instead of relying on flimsy, ineffective weapons of destruction. To build and honestly spread Islam is our sword of today and we must have enough Imaan to not fear using it.

A coward can fight with a gun or a sword. It takes courage and much Imaan to be able to face an enemy and conquer his heart, without the use of a weapon.

Yes, we must stand up and fight the jihad. But we must do so bravely and not be cowards hiding behind weapons.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 08-26-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    forum for jihad

Herman 1 - forum for jihad

ahsan28's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The term jihad is being widely misunderstood today and taken as fighting only. On the contrary the term qitaal has been used in Holy quran for fighting and that too for defensive mode only as pointed out by someone above.

Personally I don't recommend a section for jihad cz of the gross misunderstandings on the subject.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-Salaamu'alaykum

Brother Woodrow: Yes Taqwa, 'Ilm, Eemaan and Tawakkul are all weapons that can be used as Jihaad. This though, would mainly be tools used for the Da'wah type Jihaad. Da'wah can be understood as a form of Jihaad and Jihaad has many types.

But yet that does not mean weaponry is not associated with Jihaad. Jihaad is of many types and the physical Jihaad is something different from the Da'wah Jihaad which is why the distinction between the two should be set and understood. Jihaad is a broad concept consisting of a few branches and every single branch of Jihaad is part of Islaam (as long as it's upon the Manhaj of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW]).
    Last edited by jzcasejz; 08-27-2007 at 06:04 AM.

ahsan28's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz View Post
    As-Salaamu'alaykum

But yet that does not mean weaponry is not associated with Jihaad. Jihaad is of many types and the physical Jihaad is something different from the Da'wah Jihaad which is why the distinction between the two should be set and understood.

Brother with due respect, we have to very sure of, when we use the word Jihad. Today resistance and sectarian movements are also being considered as jihad. These topics are bound to lead towards controversies as we have varied opinions from esteemed scholars on the subject.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28 View Post
    Brother with due respect, we have to very sure of, when we use the word Jihad. Today resistance and sectarian movements are also being considered as jihad. These topics are bound to lead towards controversies as we have varied opinions from esteemed scholars on the subject.
    I understand but I had edited my post before so InshaAllah it'd make more sense now. What I meant is that Jihaad upon the methodology of the Prophet, upon the true understanding...my post had nothing to do with sects or whatever as many claim to be part of "Jihaad". Any time I mention Jihaad, I mean Jihaad upon the correct methodology. Please do understand that.

The main point of my post was that Jihaad has alot of forms (i.e. Jihaad un-Nafs, Jihaad ush-Shaytaan etc.) and that the difference between each one should be realised. It is not limited to a single branch, but rather has alot of branches and neither branch should be belittled in any regard. I wasn't calling for Jihaad or even simply trying to have an argument over it..my intention was to just make the point that it is not only limited to Da'wah or fighting against one's desires but has many forms and the differences between them should be realised. Hope that makes sense Bro.

Anyways, the thread starter got his initial answer and this'll probably lead to more confusion so..this thread's done and over with I guess. Apologies for any trouble or confusion.

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

just when things were going fine, along has to come a kaffir!
    there are ways to fight for and defend islam that are not limited to qitaal. woodrow has mentioned some.
    here are some i can think of:
    go to a muslim country where there is a high rate of illiteracy and teach people how to read.
    become a doctor and help those muslims who suffer and die for lack of money for medical care.
    become a lawyer and defend muslims against false charges.
    study islam and help teach others who often don't really know what islam is all about.
    i'm sure there are many others too, if you use your imagination. i know qitaal is prescribed under certain conditions, but just wanted to point out that there are other ways to fight for and defend islam.
    i will shut up now. i promise.
    forum for jihad

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - forum for jihad

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother woodrow assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

of course truth, honesty, faith is all required to perform jihaad-un-nafs, which is extremely important. but courage, bravery, KNOWLEDGE (because you cant just stupidly go risking your life!!!) is required to perform jihaad fi-sabilillah...
    forum for jihad

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

18. Report bad ads?
    Md Mashud's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What kind of jihad do you mean jawwad? Like war/fighting or otherwise?
    forum for jihad

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS THE FASTING (as a doctor prescribes medecine for it is better for you as it relinquishes your soul and cleans up your body)

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS FIGHTING (and Allah knows it is good for you, though you may detest it, if you research you will find that fighting strengthens your nafs, wallahi i kno it will help my emaan so much... if i do it fillah wiv correct intentions...)
    yh i forgot the translation...thanks

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Just some thoughts.

What is the purpose of Jihad? Is not the purpose to protect Islam from the enemies of Islam? Is not the desired goal to remove and eliminate the enemies of Islam?

Who are the enemies of Islam? Are they not those who fear Islam and seek to destroy it?

What is the most effective weapon for destroying the enemies of Islam? Is it the sword, guns, bullets, bombs? Is it truth, wisdom and the ability to turn enemies into allies and brothers? It takes much less courage to fight an enemy to the death, than to face the enemy and in spite of harm to yourself, stand there and win him over to the truth of Islam. Are we afraid to face people with words. Do we fear that we can not stand up to our enemies and overcome them with our faith? Do we have so little Imaan that we believe bullets and bombs are stronger? Do we fear to stand up for the truth and turn and attack because we are not strong enough to defend Islam with our Imaan?

Yes, we are called to Jihad and we are called to defend Islam, We are called to face death without fear. A wise fighter chooses the best weapon available. Wisdom, courage and faith are the strongest weapons possible. We need not fear to use them and we must use them with wisdom and Justice.

We do have the strength to win jihad through the use of truth and we must not fear truth and be able to use it instead of relying on flimsy, ineffective weapons of destruction. To build and honestly spread Islam is our sword of today and we must have enough Imaan to not fear using it.

A coward can fight with a gun or a sword. It takes courage and much Imaan to be able to face an enemy and conquer his heart, without the use of a weapon.

Yes, we must stand up and fight the jihad. But we must do so bravely and not be cowards hiding behind weapons.

Wa alaikum salaam

You see bro, them are wise words, but the thing is, in this day and age, thats not going to work.

The kaffir these days are humiliating the muslim lands.

We have our brothers being tortured, sisters being raped, we cannot simply go to the kaffir, and show them our strength in Emaan. What would that do?

If we simply showed our strength in Imaan, it would have no effect no the kaffir. It is now cowardice to use weapons. In many ways that shows bravery.

You see in the time of rasulallah (SAW), as well as showing their Emaan, they showed their physical strength too, that is how Islam spread so widely. If it wasnt for Jihaad fi sabeelillah, most likely, we would not be sitting here as muslims.

So you are right to say, we should use our faith, but that does not mean, we shouldnt fight, does it? If we dont fight, we will be humiliated as the hadeeth states.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yh i forgot the translation...thanks

Wa alaikum salaam

You see bro, them are wise words, but the thing is, in this day and age, thats not going to work.

The kaffir these days are humiliating the muslim lands.

We have our brothers being tortured, sisters being raped, we cannot simply go to the kaffir, and show them our strength in Emaan. What would that do?

If we simply showed our strength in Imaan, it would have no effect no the kaffir. It is now cowardice to use weapons. In many ways that shows bravery.

You see in the time of rasulallah (SAW), as well as showing their Emaan, they showed their physical strength too, that is how Islam spread so widely. If it wasnt for Jihaad fi sabeelillah, most likely, we would not be sitting here as muslims.

So you are right to say, we should use our faith, but that does not mean, we shouldnt fight, does it? If we dont fight, we will be humiliated as the hadeeth states.
    I will tell you now, do not blame the kufar for the worldly problems. Blame yourself, and muslims. You talk about that all this stuff is happening around the world to muslims. Did it occur to you why? Do you think muslims around the world are behaving how they should or even practicing Islam how it is meant? Ofcourse not, and you know when you disobey Allah, you will be punished. If all muslims were, as Woodrow explained, the Kafirs could NEVER make us down. Muslims are the ones which let down the UMMAH, its not the kafirs for your information.

People who excessivly promote physicaly jihad, when they fail to practice the daily jihad that you need to strive at to follow Islam - it is crazy. It is dangerous for you to enter the battlefield with low imaan - Without strong imaan your intentions will not be pure and without pure intention you can easily enter the hellfire beleiving you are doing good.
    forum for jihad

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud View Post
    I will tell you now, do not blame the kufar for the worldly problems. Blame yourself, and muslims. You talk about that all this stuff is happening around the world to muslims. Did it occur to you why?

Of course bro, this is the point, WE neglect our duty

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We have muslims fighting and murdering muslim brothers and sisters - Do you think we deserve victory at the moment as a whole? Muslims can't get along with muslims so how will they defend the religion from outsiders? Crazy...The state of Islam today is deeply saddening - and should not be compared to the time of our prophet :saw:...
    forum for jihad

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud View Post
    People who excessivly promote physicaly jihad, when they fail to practice the daily jihad that you need to strive at to follow Islam - it is crazy. It is dangerous for you to enter the battlefield with low imaan - Without strong imaan your intentions will not be pure and without pure intention you can easily enter the hellfire beleiving you are doing good.
    Yes, bro, another good point.

One of the first to enter hell is the person who fought, but not in the way of Allah

And this is the hadith that Shaytaan uses to try and put people off from doing Jihaad fisabeelillah

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! forum for jihad Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. forum for jihad