× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 91 visibility 7343

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams says the adoption of Islamic Sharia law in the UK is "unavoidable".
    Dr Williams told BBC Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Dr Williams argues that adopting some aspects of Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

For example, Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

'Sensational reporting'

In an exclusive interview with BBC correspondent Christopher Landau, ahead of a lecture to lawyers in London later on Monday, Dr Williams argues this relies on Sharia law being better understood. At the moment, he says "sensational reporting of opinion polls" clouds the issue.

He stresses that "nobody in their right mind would want to see in this country the kind of inhumanity that's sometimes been associated with the practice of the law in some Islamic states".

His comments are likely to fuel the debate over multiculturalism in the UK.

Last month, one of Dr William's colleagues, the Bishop of Rochester, said that non-Muslims may find it hard to live or work in some areas of the UK.

The Right Reverend Dr Michael Nazir-Ali said there was "hostility" in some areas and described the government's multicultural policies as divisive.

He said there had been a worldwide resurgence of Islamic extremism, leading to young people growing up alienated from the country they lived in.

He has since received death threats and has been placed under police protection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7232661.stm
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

Hmm, might be a problem tho cus sharia law can only be implimented in an islamic state (which would require a caliphate of some sort). Well, at least that is what I have been told.

Perhaps if the government of today just looked at the solutions that sharia law has to certain problems (namely alcohol abuse, pre-marital sex, adultery, rape) as opposed to implimenting sharia law, it may go down better with society.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah i think shariah law would do wonders for britain
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think he just wanted some publicity :rolleyes:

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    i think he just wanted some publicity :rolleyes:
    He's the Archbishop of Canterbury. Why would he want even more annoying publicity?
    chat Quote

guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior View Post
    Yeah i think shariah law would do wonders for britain
    That was a sarcastic comment, now was it ? e015 1 - Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

The only wonder I know is a battery brand called 'Wonder'

Peace

Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait a minute...the guy offers a cross-cultural olive branch and you guys **** all over him? What is up with that?

Wow. This is going to take a while. I hope my future grandkids don't have to deal with this crap but I am not optimisitic. Maybe we should just get it over with and go toe to toe. Islam vs the World. Would that be a good solution?
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti View Post
    Wait a minute...the guy offers a cross-cultural olive branch and you guys **** all over him? What is up with that?

Wow. This is going to take a while. I hope my future grandkids don't have to deal with this crap but I am not optimisitic. Maybe we should just get it over with and go toe to toe. Islam vs the World. Would that be a good solution?
    I suspect, when you posted that, you had what is known in common parlane as a brain fart.

It's the only possible explanation considering there was precisely one Muslim member bleeping all over him at the time you posted. The two who posted before that member were actually being positive.

Me? I was just being a nutter comic-wannabe as usual.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    I suspect, when you posted that, you had what is known in common parlane as a brain fart.

It's the only possible explanation considering there was precisely one Muslim member bleeping all over him at the time you posted. The two who posted before that member were actually being positive.

Me? I was just being a nutter comic-wannabe as usual.
    Perhaps, but the poor guy is getting it from both sides. If the interlocutors are lacerated from both their own group and from the target group it is going to be difficult to find anyone to step into the free-fire zone. Where is the spirit of compromise?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti View Post

you are indeed a very stupid idiot do you know that?

since i know your an ignorant American you think it is actually Islam vs the World.

As we speak right now Christians are killing Christians in mass numbers, over 800 have died in a month of fighting in Kenya. in DMC of congo 45,000 die a month due to a civil war being raged by people of the Christian faith.

lets go to India as well where in the north east Christian terrorists are killing Hindus, and lets go elsewhere in India where Hindu extremists are now killing and attacking Christians as well, there was even a report showing how anti-Christian violence is on the up in India thanks to Hindu extremists.

Lets even go to the streets of california, where right now gangs of mexicans are pitted against gangs of African-Americans, which even got coverage on several news stations, and it was so bad the FBI was called in because they were actually kicking blacks out of mexican areas and vice versa.

lets go to Columbia where there is another civil war being fought there as we speak. or how about Spain where the ETA are doing their violent activities?

i could go on forever, but the point has been made, it isnt Islam VS the world as you think, i know your brainwashed to think this that all problems right now are between Muslims and other ppl, but as i said, your stupid, your an islamphobe retard so i dont blame you for this thinking.

more christians kill christians than any Muslim will ever do! more westerners kill westerners than any Muslim will ever do....but since you people do have a problem with responsibility its always easy to blame Muslims and put the light on Muslims to hide your own backward violence.......heck i had one stupid american Islamophobe actually claim the violence in Kenya was started by Muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we really looked at statistics, the Iraqi internal fighting will look like a picnic in the park when we compare it with CURRENT christian on christian and western on western fighting. FACTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

some form of shariah law would help out alot , especially interest free banking , so yeah nice of the bishop to be so understanding of our needs

33 43 1 - Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry people but I don't agree with it!

This silly man raising this issue as it will cause a very adverse reaction from most people (a very tiny minority of muslims would want this here, and now it'll be front page news heading ''MUSLIMS WANT SHARIA LAW'') In principle there can only be one set of laws passed by Parliament applicable to EVERYONE! Otherwise I want to live by SIKH laws, so us Sikhs too can 'fit' in!

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

Heera Singh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the comment was made for 'sharia law' for muslims only, not for the whole of the UK... therefore only muslims would be subject to sharia law, not others..

DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk <> DMn gurU nwnk

vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU <> vwihgurU
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Sorry people but I don't agree with it!

This silly man raising this issue as it will cause a very adverse reaction from most people (a very tiny minority of muslims would want this here, and now it'll be front page news heading ''MUSLIMS WANT SHARIA LAW'') In principle there can only be one set of laws passed by Parliament applicable to EVERYONE! Otherwise I want to live by SIKH laws, so us Sikhs too can 'fit' in!
    I tend to agree with you. It is certainly a hot button issue. Oh well, at least he meant well. Let's hope the public flaying of his flesh from his bones doesn't hurt too much. :sunny:
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Heera Singh View Post
    The comment was made for 'sharia law' for muslims only, not for the whole of the UK... therefore only muslims would be subject to sharia law, not others..
    Does this now segregate muslims even MORE? than they already are?

England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland are non-muslim states, so just because a a small proportion of Muslims have decided they want sharia here, doesn't mean the country should change its laws to suit them. It's unfair! It will disunite the rest who live here, they will be resented by the other faiths. Maybe that's the idea...

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It would be interesting to ask muslims living in UK if they do want to live under full shariah law.I mean, haven't they run away from muslim countries also to have chance living in real democratic country?If they wanted to live under strict islamic law, they would choose Sudan or Pakistan, not UK.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    Does this now segregate muslims even MORE? than they already are?

England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland are non-muslim states, so just because a a small proportion of Muslims have decided they want sharia here, doesn't mean the country should change its laws to suit them. It's unfair! It will disunite the rest who live here, they will be resented by the other faiths. Maybe that's the idea...
    Veerji I think your right... it cud been seen as further segregation.. personally i don't think feel there shud be special treatment to please only ONE minority.. if they're gonna do it for muslims, then each faith shud have their own 'governing body' so to speak.. but, that wud cause even MORE segregation...

so it seems like a bad idea altogether... and i'm sure many muslims are against the idea of havin to fall under Sharia Law...

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Does sikhism have an established system for running a govt.?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

only the "rehat maryada" -- which is the way we're supposed to live our life.

If i'm not mistaken, sharia law was made based on the Qura'an right? We don't have a "law" per se... but the "sikh code of conduct" (rehat maryada) is what we're to live by..

however... laws can be made based on this code of conduct, which was told to us by our Guru's and is backed up by Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee (holy scriptures)..

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

a 'law of conduct' is more in concert with aqeeda (creed), the humane aspect of every day living and I don't believe that differs from one religion to the next, I am pretty sure you can even get some atheists to agree on the bulk of its values as they will be centered around the original ten commandaments.. however, an established system of govt. is something all together different. That is what sharia law is.. it is basically law under an islamic state.. people need to go to school for it, just as the westerners go to school to study the American or french Constitution, amendments, and jurisprudence!

after imperialism and the dissolution of the Muslim empire you'll find most countries govern by french Constitution.. countries like Egypt, Lebanon, etc.. a bunch of fogies have sat down and wrote some laws sometime around the 18th century and that is what so-called 'Muslim countries' now implement in lieu of God's law!

frankly there are texts upon texts of jurisprudence, not simply from the Quran but hadith as well. I haven't seen a comprable system save for Judaism, unless you can show me intricacies of the law under sikhism, I don't see how the two can be compared?!

peace

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'