× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1513

Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate?

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate?

Report bad ads?

"They plot and scheme and so does God . God is the best schemer." [SURA 8:30]
    What's your take on that quote?

My idea on that quote is very detailed and certain. It seems to me that Islam, despite the hampering its reputation was given because of 9/11, and despite the high climate of Islamophobia and outright paranoia, is growing at rates higher than before, and the knowledge of Islam is being rapidly proliferated by none other than typically anti-Islamic media outlets.

Despite all that the faith has gone through in past years, Muslims are compelled to fight harder to protect their faith and to preserve it.

The new outcries from the international community for Islam to 'reform' has only pushed Muslims to follow a more fundamentalist route, even in secular nations like Somalia and Iraq.

Conclusion - does the quote above hold any weight in today's [Islamic] political climate?
    Last edited by Dahir; 12-08-2006 at 04:04 AM.

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate?

I don't quite see what the quote has to do with anything you mentioned, but then again I'm not Muslim.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    I don't quite see what the quote has to do with anything you mentioned, but then again I'm not Muslim.
    It can be best termed as a statement to the reality of FATE.

Yes, fate.

Everything that happens, from the positively progressive to the horrifically tragic. From the development of an Iraqi parliament to the disastrous death toll. From your daily routines to shocking world events.

This is especially crucial in the Islamic world today.

Many Muslims, after seeing 9/11, the chaos in Iraq, and the rhythmic international backlash against Islam, have lost hope. But it seems that the same number who have lost hope, is doubled by the number of people who have worked EVEN harder to preserve the fundamental Islam that the world has forgotten.

The most chaotic Muslim nation in the world (Somalia) has found a pro-Muslim path, and the most secular Muslim nation in the world (Iraq) has found a fundamentally-Islamic way of life.

What I mean to say, is that, in spite of all that the Islamic religion and Muslim world have gone through in recent years, certain large arenas of life have gotten brighter and look to get brighter than before the calamities of past years.

I hope you understand now. *wipes sweat off forehead*

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm afraid I don't. How has Iraq somehow embraced the fundamental truth of Islam? They are butchering each other in the streets like dogs. I'm sorry to describe it that way, but I don't see a single thing spiritually uplifting in Iraq. No, I'm not Muslim, but surely a state of chaos and mass death isn't evidence of Islam at work.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate?