× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 2138

Advice...

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Advice...

Report bad ads?

I'm in a bit of a pickle, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I am currently studying for A Levels, and I have the opportunity to do Hifz-Ul-Quran, part time. However, in doing so, I could maybe compromise my A Level grades? So I'm kinda worried about that, because I'd have to go for 2-3 hours a day, on top of which, I'd have to learn the new lesson.

Any advice.....motivation....anything?!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Advice...

Never leave Hifz when you have the opportunity for it.

Advice...

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ great advice, and when doing hifz attempt to take and practise the quran.

The sahaba would read 10 ayyat, learn its meaning, understand it, memorise it, practise it and then move on to the next 10 !
    Advice...

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I understand that, but I need to do well in A levels, because of Uni etc.... I want to do Hifz, but I'm worried about not being able to cope with it all, College and Hifz
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im going thru the same thing. Its tough..but it can be done. Its just that you absolutely need to consistent on both and that takes effort. Im telling you from experiences, you'll feel the need to postpone your Hifz for the college/school work, but you need to have the determination, will power and resolve to do it. That is key to success Inshallah. Spending time with the Quran will never bring you harm in deen or dunya Inshallah.

Advice...

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Another problem, is that I am lazy by nature, which is why I think I would get tired easily.

Any advice on that?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah..same here. But i guess you need to build your willpower first. That is important. You shouldnt get into hifz and walk out halfway. Just start it Inshallah and ask Allah for help and be patient in the trials that get in your way because they definetly will. But if you persevere you'll succeed in both Inshallah.

Advice...

chat Quote

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salams i suggest you start cutting down on tv and eventually banning it b4 u evan start. Try implying more sunnah acts etc and make sure you pray every fardh salah with jammaat(if poss) when you start memorising, keep more or less same amount of hours in studying @ home 4 ure alevels and in remembering your quran. also do zikhr of Allah more cuz if u do then Inshallah Allah will give you the strength to do well in both matters. Try to create a good character within yourself (Islamically) and try and be Zuhur(Zahir) which means try & not to care about worldy luxuries and desirex more eg cars football etc and that your concentration is more.
    I pray that Allah helps you with your decision. Ameen
    Advice...

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Advice... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Advice...