× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 2101

Another Question

Tanya Khan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Trying to find some light at the end of this never ending dark tunnel!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Another Question

Report bad ads?

Sorry I know I’ve posted about Istikhara before. I have another question. How would I pray istikhara if I wana do it regarding TWO people, is that possible?

With one of them I have no feelings but I’m desperate to get married and I’m thinking that if he is the ‘right’ one after istikhara then I should just go ahead and marry him. The other one… well lets not go there.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Another Question

go with the one who is pious, good character, and one you feel you are most compatible with.

go with the one who is for your best interests in this dunya and aakhira.

pray istikhara and take it from there.

may allah grant you a good husband and a happy marriage.
    Another Question

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post

go with the one who is pious, good character, and one you feel you are most compatible with.

go with the one who is for your best interests in this dunya and aakhira.

pray istikhara and take it from there.

may allah grant you a good husband and a happy marriage.

Ameen. Shukran
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam

Sister, you should be aware that you can only do istikhara regarding one issue per salah/namaz.

It is also wrong to be considering two people at the same time. You should consider the first person that proposed to you, do istikarah for him and not consider anyone else until you are certain you do not want to be with him (then consider the other guy's proposal). That is the proper approach. :)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Reach into your pockets pull out 1 pence and flick it just flick it!.....if it lands on tails its MR A, if it lands on heads its MR B

Im' kidding ....Dont you feel drawn to one of them? if so do istikhara and see

All the best Insha'Allah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    Reach into your pockets pull out 1 pence and flick it just flick it!.....if it lands on tails its MR A, if it lands on heads its MR B

Im' kidding ....Dont you feel drawn to one of them? if so do istikhara and see

All the best Insha'Allah
    I feel more drawn to one more than the other. I've decided I'm not going to do Istikhara re. Mr A because I have no feelings for him whatsoever, not an inch, don't feel anything nothing zilch.

Mr B however, I've never met him, been talking to him on the phone now for 3 months and I'm so attached so into him. When we don't speak my heart aches for him I think I have fallen in love with him. I can't concentrate at work when I don't speak to him.

But, yes there is a big BUT, he has a child (5 yrs old) from a previous marriage and I am not so sure I can deal with a ready made family.
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan View Post
    I feel more drawn to one more than the other. I've decided I'm not going to do Istikhara re. Mr A because I have no feelings for him whatsoever, not an inch, don't feel anything nothing zilch.

Mr B however, I've never met him, been talking to him on the phone now for 3 months and I'm so attached so into him. When we don't speak my heart aches for him I think I have fallen in love with him. I can't concentrate at work when I don't speak to him.

But, yes there is a big BUT, he has a child (5 yrs old) from a previous marriage and I am not so sure I can deal with a ready made family.

You've already made your mind.....poor MR A though he's going to get exterminated ....for all we know he could be sat somewhere with his friends saying...im going to marry this woman called tanya...i have it under wraps!!...its a done deal!...yeah!
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 10-13-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan View Post
    ... been talking to him on the phone now for 3 months
    I guess , it's not allowed in Islam for talking to opposite sex like this for long 3 months . In presence of guardian , may be u can talk once or twice but 3 months ???

Talk to a mufti about the ruling pl. .

Even if u want to marry this person, offer Istekhara. May Allah bless u with a pious husband . BTW if a man is pious , there is nothing wrong if he had a child but still offer Istekhara to make sure that Allah grants what is best for u .
    Another Question

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin View Post
    It is also wrong to be considering two people at the same time. You should consider the first person that proposed to you, do istikarah for him and not consider anyone else until you are certain you do not want to be with him (then consider the other guy's proposal). That is the proper approach.

Just to clarify:

"The Prophet said : "It is not allowed for a man to make a proposal against his brothers proposal until he marries the woman or gives her up." (Saheeh Muslim, Book 8, Chap 6, 3294).

This hadeeth is greatly understood by many. They think that if a man proposes to a woman, she cannot be proposed to by any other man, nor has she the right to think about any other man until she gives her response to the first man. This is wrong. She can be proposed to by more than one man, and then choose whichever of them she prefers. What is not allowed is for a man to propose to a woman after she was proposed to by someone else and had accepted the other persons proposal.

If sisters are forced to choose one at a time, that means they have to decide about one man without knowing who else might be interested. She might choose one man thinking he's the only one interested when in fact someone better was waiting. Or she might reject the first one, and see others and then realise that the first one was best. So as long as she has not accepted anyone's proposal, more than one can propose at the same time and she has the right to see them all before making a decision.

This is supported by the following hadeeth:

When Fatima Bint Qais told the Prophet that she had finished her waiting period, the Prophet told her that Mu'aawiyah and Abu Jahm had proposed to her. After mentioning the weaknesses of both of them, he suggested she marry Usaamah instead. (Saheeh Muslim, book 9, 3527)

In this example, the Prophet did not inform her of one man and then say that she must make up her mind (yes or no) concerning one man before any other man could speak to her."

(Extracted from source: The Fiqh of Family, Marriage and Divorce, by Jamal Zarabozo, The American Open University, 1997)

But I agree that Salaatul Istikhaarah should only be performed for one at a time, starting with the one you feel is the most pious/compatible/suitable for you.

And Allah knows best.

Last edited by Insaanah; 10-13-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added hadeeth
    Another Question

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is it possible to perform isitkhara regarding someone I've never met?
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

To my knowledge - yes .
    Another Question

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Another Question Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Another Question