Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Relationship question

Report bad ads?

Hello,

I have a thing that has been on my mind for a while. Im a muslim boy, 17 years old. I live in the Netherlands, but i am from Turkey. I have a girlfriend here, she is African and she is christian.

So my parents always told me that schoollove is just temporary, and they want me to marry and girl from my own country, because they say thats better and so on. But it has been a year now with my girlfriend, and everything goes fine, but i cant love her 100 %, because i am scared that if we grow up, my parents want me to leave her because she is not from our country. I know that i shouldn't think about stuff like that, because im young, but still, it goes in my mind. I cant just let this girl go. I really feel for her.

I always told my parents that i wouldn't be something serieus between us, but it seems to get serieus...

Also, my girlfriend told me, that if we grow up, and we're still together, and she wants to be with me, she is willing to become muslim. I didnt tell my parents about this because i dont know how they will react. But thats a good thing from her right?

I wanna be able to love her 100 percently, but im just scared that if im gonna love her too much, and then that my parents will break my heart when i grow up, by letting me break up with her. I dont want to hurt my parents, by not listening to them, but i try to find a way to let my parents accept it. Should i just keep loving her, and see what will happen, or something else? I think it's nonsense to only marry a girl from my own country(turkey), but my parents want that.

Thanks in advance!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ZDF's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Relationship question

Sorry i think i got a mail back from you guys but my mailbox deleted it, i accidentely marked it as junk. Im sorry, could you please send it again? Thanks
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome,

Firstly, you are going about this the wrong way and so are your parents. There is no such thing as "school love" or this or that love. What you are doing is haraam and not allowed in Islam. Islam does not allow dating and having boyfriends/girlfriends. So you need to stop this first. If she cares about you than talk to her and have study islam and see how she likes it. If she can accept Islam as her way of life than thats good, you can keep in touch but you need to break off the relationship. When you both are ready to get married you can get married than. You're parents can advise you as to who you should you marry but they can't force you to marry against your will. It's great to marry someone from back home or same background because you have so much in common but that does not have to be.

check out this link inshallah on islamic ruling on boyfriend/girlfriends

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1114
    chat Quote

happy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To be honest she is human being and you can't trust human being 100% cuz they will always let you down.You should listen your parent and it is not good idea to go on dates since your young so bro i will advice you to think twice and do what is right for you.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Mr.President's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ I would like to add a small point

Chapter 37: THE GOOD OF THIS WORLD IS THE PIOUS WOMAN

Book 008, Number 3465:

'Abdullah b. Amr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...m/008.smt.html

the best selection is a woman who has taqwaa its the best reward u can get in this world

so choose carefully
    Last edited by Mr.President; 04-10-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamlikum
    My younger brother in islam, what i suggest u...think parent loves their children so they never think bad of them. u are so younger and they are very experienced....so i think u should not neglect ur parent in this decision. 2ndly what i had seen in this age is....a strom of feelins and passions, but no maturety and no thinking by mind for any decision..... i blv u never have think y u goona marry...just bcz u like her and ur parents are rite in saying school love is a temporary things...bcz in practical life when there are much issues, children, etc, its also possible a time come u think i was wrong at that time....so being regret at that time, its better think very well b4 u do anything and never neglect ur parent.
    JZK
    WASALM
    chat Quote

revert2007's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ZDF View Post
    Hello,

I have a thing that has been on my mind for a while. Im a muslim boy, 17 years old. I live in the Netherlands, but i am from Turkey. I have a girlfriend here, she is African and she is christian.

So my parents always told me that schoollove is just temporary, and they want me to marry and girl from my own country, because they say thats better and so on. But it has been a year now with my girlfriend, and everything goes fine, but i cant love her 100 %, because i am scared that if we grow up, my parents want me to leave her because she is not from our country. I know that i shouldn't think about stuff like that, because im young, but still, it goes in my mind. I cant just let this girl go. I really feel for her.

I always told my parents that i wouldn't be something serieus between us, but it seems to get serieus...

Also, my girlfriend told me, that if we grow up, and we're still together, and she wants to be with me, she is willing to become muslim. I didnt tell my parents about this because i dont know how they will react. But thats a good thing from her right?

I wanna be able to love her 100 percently, but im just scared that if im gonna love her too much, and then that my parents will break my heart when i grow up, by letting me break up with her. I dont want to hurt my parents, by not listening to them, but i try to find a way to let my parents accept it. Should i just keep loving her, and see what will happen, or something else? I think it's nonsense to only marry a girl from my own country(turkey), but my parents want that.

Thanks in advance!

Assalamualikum Brother.
    You are 17 and your hormons are active at thsi age.Whatever you feel for a girl at this age,it is not loev but jsut called "puppy love"

There is no room for any affection before marriage as well as no room for puppy love.

You are too young to think about future.How sure are you that you will be alive the next day.And how sure are you that you will be alive to have a family with her or anyone else?

You do not know the future yet you know death will come.So prepare for your death insetead of thinking about her which will take you to deep hell as this is one kind of Zina.I hope you are aware of it.

I do not blame you as this is the problem with teenagers who easily give in to syaitan.Some how all of us went through this situation at some point of our life.The difference is,how quickly we sincerely repent and get back to the right track.

My advice is,forget her and move on with your life and studies.In Islam,we are not suppose to take non Muslims as our close friend,and do you think it is ok to have a non Muslim as a gf?well of course the question shouldn't arise as the total subject of having girl friend is haram.

As for your parents,they can dream whatever they want,yet they cannot decide your life partner.Allah The Exalted alone decide your life partner.

Just concentrate in your studies,full fill your dreams and your parents dreams.

There are plenty of fish out there. I am sure if not 4 at least one will be yours In sha Allah

Assalamualikum
    Relationship question

http://revert2007.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother African women are dangerous stay away from them......once you go black you can't come back
    chat Quote

HanaDeyl's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    Brother African women are dangerous stay away from them......once you go black you can't come back
    Is it just me, or does that come out the wrong way? You cannot say that African women are dangerous, rather say that kufar women are dangerous. That sounds better. But what you just said sounded racist (sorry). Just wanted to let you know.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HanaDeyl View Post
    Is it just me, or does that come out the wrong way? You cannot say that African women are dangerous, rather say that kufar women are dangerous. That sounds better. But what you just said sounded racist (sorry). Just wanted to let you know.

Lol Sister, he was just kidding ... that's just typical him. Anyhow, I agree with ya.

It was narrated that the Prophet (Peace and plessings be upon him) said: “O people, your Lord is One and your father [i.e., Adam] is one. There is no superiority of the Arab over the non-Arab, or of the non-Arab over the Arab, or of the red over the black, or of the black over the red – except with regard to taqwa.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 22391)
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 04-21-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Relationship question

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

African sisters are very very beautiful hence the great danger....i was just warning the brother that when he considers an african lady there's no coming back, he's exhibiting this in his post when he says '' I wanna be able to love her 100 percently, but im just scared''

he's scared that he may not come back once he goes black
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 04-21-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is not only you who think that way.Me too.It obviously sounds racist.
    Relationship question

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by revert2007 View Post
    It is not only you who think that way.Me too.It obviously sounds racist.
    Which bomboclat part sounds racist??!?!
    chat Quote

happy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You tell is how they are dangerous.It is not what you say but how you say it anyway at the end of the day whaever you mean it is between you and Allah.Beware there are some african muslim women who are PURE.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Which bomboclat part sounds racist??!?!
    First mentioning African are dangerous..second calling them black(even though they are black,yet the way u put it is absolutely not polite)

One of my friend is black and she is in this forum and she converted a few months a go.I hope she doesn't come accross this thread and find this racist post.

We might think what we wrote is ok,but when more than 1 person comment negatively on our post,then what we wrote isn't ok. Anyway,no one is perfect and all of us do mistakes.Lets just don't repeat the same mistake and lets be more careful when we deal with nationality and races.

may Allah The Exalted protect us all.ameen
    Relationship question

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think the bro is black himself
    Relationship question

33 43 1 - Relationship question
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    I think the bro is black himself
    You are right mate! have you ever seen a black who is racist against blacks......im quite flattered at all these accusations i dont know what to say all i said was african women are dangerous because of the sheer beauty they possess thats all and now they're saying ''you racist we're gonna take you to jail!!''
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You are right mate! have you ever seen a black who is racist against blacks......im quite flattered at all these accusations i dont know what to say all i said was african women are dangerous because of the sheer beauty they possess thats all and now they're saying ''you racist we're gonna take you to jail!!''
    I knew it

btw are you somali bro?
    Relationship question

33 43 1 - Relationship question
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    I knew it

btw are you somali bro?
    I told you many times....but i'll tell you again im somali Alhamdulilah i guess you're a pakoda
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ZDF View Post

Also, my girlfriend told me

Read this article Brother :

3 is a Company : Me, her and Shaytaan
    Relationship question

33u7sja 1 - Relationship question

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Hey there! Relationship question Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Relationship question