star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

God's Creation,Why?

Report bad ads?

I wanted to drop this question in general because it seems that this area generates the most replies.

I have a question regarding God's need to create thats been bothering me every since i've come across it.

I think you would all agree with me that God is perfect, complete and absolute, now my question is.

If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete, it needs nothing else. If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist.

Id really appreciate an Islamic perspective on this

If you know any links that contains answers to a similar question like this one plz link it.. thank you

God bless.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a.k.a. steve
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: God's Creation,Why?

Well, most actions if not all actions that human beings make is out of an impulse, a desire, a need. To assume that God created because he needed to, is to imagine him with human characteristics. I do not know if perfection lies in doing nothing but existing. In a way this question reminds me of another one I read recently, namely: If God is omnipotense, does he have the power to limitate his own. I answered that statement with two diffrent "solutions". First of all the question was twisted because the limitation of a choice lies not in the undergoing (passive) of the action, but in the choosing of it (active). Secondly, omnipotense implies a certain degrea of consequencitive. So God isn't the most gracious only because he has the capacability to be so, but because he acts on it. In a way I can't help but thinking you indirectly said that when God does anything at all apart from existing, he is no longer to be concidered perfect. I'd say that's an underestimation of omnipotence. And again a projection of human imperfection.

I hope I raised more questions then I answered
    God's Creation,Why?

Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.
    chat Quote

Ummu Amatullah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: God's Creation,Why?

Asallama Alaikum brother well I"m not really educated in this area so I will just let the brothers do what they do btw I think this belongs in Comparative Religions wasallam
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! God's Creation,Why? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. God's Creation,Why?